PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33

weecounty hibby
30-01-2019, 09:04 PM
Please do report any instances of bullying.

We'll suspend the accused until we've investigated or at least come to an agreement about how they leave the forum.
Will you make a statement telling everyone all of the details though? If not we will just blame the admin pricks for the way it was handled.

One Day Soon
30-01-2019, 09:42 PM
Will you make a statement telling everyone all of the details though? If not we will just blame the admin pricks for the way it was handled.

What a ludicrous statement. We'll blame the admin pricks whichever way it's handled.

Seattle.Hibs
30-01-2019, 10:05 PM
Seen that Cummings back to Forest as loan was ended early. Also saw some things on twitter about us going after him. Wonder if he’s maybe a back up plan if we don’t land McNulty?

PatHead
30-01-2019, 10:06 PM
What a ludicrous statement. We'll blame the admin pricks whichever way it's handled.

Who is handling the admin's pricks?

The Modfather
30-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Please do report any instances of bullying.

We'll suspend the accused until we've investigated or at least come to an agreement about how they leave the forum.

Hibbyradge threw a chair at me, does that count?

The 90+2
30-01-2019, 10:11 PM
He's in Berkshire.

Sure about that?

Loan earlier as I said too

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/hibs-hope-to-seal-marc-mcnulty-deal-as-neil-lennon-s-exit-is-confirmed-1-4865225

JohnM1875
30-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Sure about that?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/hibs-hope-to-seal-marc-mcnulty-deal-as-neil-lennon-s-exit-is-confirmed-1-4865225

Nice!

Wish you could post a proper link though! I'm lazy and hate copy pasting haha

Hibbyradge
30-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Sure about that?

Yes. I'm certain he's at home. Ascot, I believe.

Hopefully he signs for us, but he's not in Edinburgh, he's not had a medical, and he's not signed, yet.

matty_f
30-01-2019, 10:18 PM
Hibbyradge threw a chair at me, does that count?

Thank you, we've been waiting on an excuse to deal with him for years. :greengrin

Speedway
30-01-2019, 10:20 PM
Cummings to Luton?

04Sauzee
30-01-2019, 10:20 PM
Sure about that?

So Cummings away to Luton?
Bizarre that it's an 18 month loan deal for McNulty

wookie70
30-01-2019, 10:22 PM
Seen that Cummings back to Forest as loan was ended early. Also saw some things on twitter about us going after him. Wonder if he’s maybe a back up plan if we don’t land McNulty?

We could do with both if MacLaren is away.

Jim Herriot
30-01-2019, 10:22 PM

The admins.

Peevemor
30-01-2019, 10:24 PM

Dearie me Mr Head! Punctuation!!!

It reads as if there's one with multiple penises.

Captain Trips
30-01-2019, 10:28 PM
So Cummings away to Luton?
Bizarre that it's an 18 month loan deal for McNulty

Morata is away from Chelsea to Ath Madrid on 18month loan so even the big boys do it.

Unseen work
30-01-2019, 10:35 PM
18 month loan is odd but would be very good business as we’re getting a player who cost 1.5 million in the summer for free.

Does anyone know how good is he?

Iv seen his stats etc and know he done well and scored a lot of goals, albeit was in league 2.

What sort of player are we getting in him?

04Sauzee
30-01-2019, 10:35 PM
Morata is away from Chelsea to Ath Madrid on 18month loan so even the big boys do it.

It happens alot with nthe bigger teams, can't think of Hibs having a loan player for so long? I know in the past we have renewed loans. Happy if it works out

Vault Boy
30-01-2019, 10:46 PM
Sure about that?

Fair play to you. I think he'll be a very decent signing for us. :aok:

IAmLee
31-01-2019, 05:48 AM
Sure about that?

18 month loan deal but we’re trying to “reach an understanding over sell on clauses” what kind of sell on clauses with a loan? Good info btw!

Wakeyhibee
31-01-2019, 05:56 AM
Cummings to Luton?

That's what I heard but thought it was an old rumour. Cummings doesn't want Scotland or L2 apparently. It Is only rumour from a Notts F ST I work with

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 06:34 AM
I checked McNulty's contract to see if it expires next season, hence the odd loan deal length. Nope, 2022.

Maybe we have an option in there?

Zazu62
31-01-2019, 07:27 AM
We need a winger, is Agyepong fit?

04Sauzee
31-01-2019, 07:29 AM

Hasn't played first team football , hasn't been on the bench and wasn't playing for the reserves on Monday or Tuesday? Probably another 2 weeks

BILLYHIBS
31-01-2019, 07:32 AM
Is that us done on the transfer market then or are we likely to get Scott Allan or McNulty over the line or anyone else for that matter before the window slams shut tonight?

:dunno:

04Sauzee
31-01-2019, 07:34 AM
Is that us done on the transfer market then or are we likely to get Scott Allan or McNulty over the line or anyone else for that matter before the window slams shut tonight?

Until we hear the dreaded that's our business done quote then I live in hope.

SMAXXA
31-01-2019, 07:35 AM
If we don’t sign anyone I’d want to see us once safe on top six if we get that, to start playing young lads week in week out to get that experience at least get some positives out of the season and the sorry ness we are in squad depth wise

King Cosell
31-01-2019, 07:35 AM

Vid of his rehabilitation on Hibs TV. Focussed, working hard, legs like tree trunks.

calumhibee1
31-01-2019, 07:37 AM

It would seem we’re still attempting to sign players so I’d think there’ll be at least one in today. Hopefully a striker, a centre half and if I’m being greedy Scott Allan!

brog
31-01-2019, 07:52 AM
So JC x2 for Luton then! Interesting.Takes them out equation for McNulty per Moira Gordon.

danhibees1875
31-01-2019, 08:17 AM
I checked McNulty's contract to see if it expires next season, hence the odd loan deal length. Nope, 2022.

Maybe we have an option in there?

Maybe they have an option in there? :dunno:

He does well, they recall him and use/sell him for more than we are willing to pay at the moment.

Mr Grieves
31-01-2019, 08:40 AM
Worst case scenario today would be losing Maclaren and not bringing anyone in. We would be light at CB, shambolically light up front and we would lack pace.

Realistically, I think we'll lose Maclaren, sign McNulty and sign a CB. We'll still be light up front and lack pace.

Dream scenario would be Efe returning, Allan returning, signing a pacy winger, signing McNulty and another striker.

31-01-2019, 08:58 AM
Worst case scenario today would be losing Maclaren and not bringing anyone in. We would be light at CB, shambolically light up front and we would lack pace.

Realistically, I think we'll lose Maclaren, sign McNulty and sign a CB. We'll still be light up front and lack pace.

Dream scenario would be Efe returning, Allan returning, signing a pacy winger, signing McNulty and another striker.

We could lose Maclaren and Milligan and not bring anyone in. I am pretty much resigned to nobody coming in with the intention that the new manager has to use the free agent market. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised and we'll get 1 or 2 in today.

mcfly
31-01-2019, 09:04 AM
We could lose Maclaren and Milligan and not bring anyone in. I am pretty much resigned to nobody coming in with the intention that the new manager has to use the free agent market. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised and we'll get 1 or 2 in today.

Sorry but this would be appalling planning by our board and unnacceptable in my view

Highly paid players leaving and us scraping around the free transfer market for players no one wants.

Surely you can’t let players leave without replacements?

I think we shall see at least 3 today - cause that’s the min we need to see out the season for injuries/suspensions

makaveli1875
31-01-2019, 09:06 AM

with Lennon away we wont be seeing Efe again sadly .

Speedway
31-01-2019, 09:06 AM
According to reliable sauce, MacLaren is gone.

elevengoats
31-01-2019, 09:08 AM

To be fair, we should let him go as well. Just really hoping we get a replacement in.

IWasThere2016
31-01-2019, 09:19 AM
McNulty is a better player than Jamie Mac - who will leave for definite

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 09:22 AM
Sorry but this would be appalling planning by our board and unnacceptable in my view

Highly paid players leaving and us scraping around the free transfer market for players no one wants.

Surely you can’t let players leave without replacements?

I think we shall see at least 3 today - cause that’s the min we need to see out the season for injuries/suspensions

I really hope I am proven wrong but I'm afraid that zero coming in is quite possible and not much more than zero is very likely in the current circumstances. In fact my view is that anything other than minimal activity would be short term and unhelpful.

Players generally want to know (apart from the money): will they be getting a game, who will they be playing with and who will they be playing for? The first and last of these cannot be answered without a manager in place.

Anybody who wanted Lennon out after the Motherwell game was implicitly accepting that the price of his departure would likely be paid at least in part by a very low level of transfer window activity. Regardless of the fact that he went for other reasons, the outcome is the same. So, no complaining now from those people.

So, Lennon out = time needed to get a replacement in = a chilling effect on signings because a) a new manager will need to be left budget and choice on how to strengthen the squad and b) it is much harder and perhaps wrong to try to persuade signings to come without their new boss being known to them.

If you took the view that Lennon was no longer doing it and needed replaced to get the best out of what we have then this is a short term consequence in order to get that improvement. If you took the view that Lennon was the right guy then you've just been humped twice.

Stubbs in, Scott Allan now and finish top six looks to me like the best compromise path to playing out the season, trying to hold up the season ticket renewals and getting to optimism and positivity for next season.

Sproule Three
31-01-2019, 09:24 AM
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/melbourne-city-nab-maclaren-with-just-hours-to-spare

MacLaren signs for Melbourne city - official .

HibeeMackenzie
31-01-2019, 09:25 AM
Aberdeen interested in Barker according to sky

pacoluna
31-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Whole things a mess.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 09:27 AM

Good.

CapitalGreen
31-01-2019, 09:27 AM
Whole things a mess.

You still bleating on?

Diclonius
31-01-2019, 09:28 AM
It's ok everyone, we've signed Maclaren's replacement already.

https://i.imgur.com/M0YH5V3.jpg

Forza Fred
31-01-2019, 09:28 AM
Looks like Luton Town have signed Jason Cummings according to one report.

calumhibee1
31-01-2019, 09:29 AM
I really hope I am proven wrong but I'm afraid that zero coming in is quite possible and not much more than zero is very likely in the current circumstances. In fact my view is that anything other than minimal activity would be short term and unhelpful.

Players generally want to know (apart from the money): will they be getting a game, who will they be playing with and who will they be playing for? The first and last of these cannot be answered without a manager in place.

Anybody who wanted Lennon out after the Motherwell game was implicitly accepting that the price of his departure would likely be paid at least in part by a very low level of transfer window activity. Regardless of the fact that he went for other reasons, the outcome is the same. So, no complaining now from those people.

So, Lennon out = time needed to get a replacement in = a chilling effect on signings because a) a new manager will need to be left budget and choice on how to strengthen the squad and b) it is much harder and perhaps wrong to try to persuade signings to come without their new boss being known to them.

If you took the view that Lennon was no longer doing it and needed replaced to get the best out of what we have then this is a short term consequence in order to get that improvement. If you took the view that Lennon was the right guy then you've just been humped twice.

Stubbs in, Scott Allan now and finish top six looks to me like the best compromise path to playing out the season, trying to hold up the season ticket renewals and getting to optimism and positivity for next season.

Can’t argue with that. I’ve said elsewhere that I’d suspect we’d be a better side with what we have left and a new manager than we would have been with NL still in charge and a couple of new signings. I stand by that and as much as I hope we get a couple in today (and I do think we’ll get at least one) if we don’t get any in I’m still more optimistic for the rest of the season than I was a week ago.

I do find it surprising that we look to be letting JM go without a replacement in though.

Ronniekirk
31-01-2019, 09:30 AM

They have managed a very stable period as a Club yet won next to nothing But st the present time to further his Career they are better bet to move to than us Sadly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wakeyhibee
31-01-2019, 09:32 AM
It's ok everyone, we've signed Maclaren's replacement already.

https://i.imgur.com/M0YH5V3.jpg

Marginally better than David Vine but only just

pacoluna
You still bleating on?

Ofcourse, like many others. This season's a write off.

Ronniekirk
Can’t argue with that. I’ve said elsewhere that I’d suspect we’d be a better side with what we have left and a new manager than we would have been with NL still in charge and a couple of new signings. I stand by that and as much as I hope we get a couple in today (and I do think we’ll get at least one) if we don’t get any in I’m still more optimistic for the rest of the season than I was a week ago.

I do find it surprising that we look to be letting JM go without a replacement in though.

We must have McNulty tied up as good as or surely we wouldn’t have left ourselves with only two main Strikers

One Day Soon
You still bleating on?

Stop it, he's not wrong. It is a mess. And that's regardless of whether you felt Lennon should be out or still there. I can't imagine anyone is sitting thinking 'yeah, this transfer window is going exactly as I'd hoped'.

Ozyhibby
31-01-2019, 09:34 AM

That last paragraph was the minimum we needed at the start of the window (maybe different names) but now it’s the dream scenario. Amazing how Hibs always manage to get us to reset our expectations.

CapitalGreen
31-01-2019, 09:34 AM
Stop it, he's not wrong. It is a mess. And that's regardless of whether you felt Lennon should be out or still there. I can't imagine anyone is sitting thinking 'yeah, this transfer window is going exactly as I'd hoped'.

There's a difference between thinking the situation is a mess and going around every thread and posting as if the world is caving in though.

The tears and snotters from some over a manager leaving who had only won once in 14 league games is ridiculous.

calumhibee1
31-01-2019, 09:35 AM
We must have McNulty tied up as good as or surely we wouldn’t have left ourselves with only two main Strikers

I would have thought so. He should be confirmed before JM leaves IMO.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 09:38 AM

Good.

cabbage_88
31-01-2019, 09:38 AM

Woild be gutted if he went there. Although no end product at times he was still so exciting to watch when he gets on the ball.

Kind of player we're crying out for at the moment in terms of excitement and getting a bit life back into us

The Modfather
31-01-2019, 09:46 AM

I get the point you are making, and I know you’re not blaming the fans for the lack of activity. However the Motherwell game, which appeared to be the straw that broke the camels back for some, was 23 days into the transfer window. The Lennon shambles has left us in the lurch in terms of the transfer window but the majority of the window was open before whatever happened on Friday.

CapitalGreen
31-01-2019, 09:50 AM
I get the point you are making, and I know you’re not blaming the fans for the lack of activity. However the Motherwell game, which appeared to be the straw that broke the camels back for some, was 23 days into the transfer window. The Lennon shambles has left us in the lurch in terms of the transfer window but the majority of the window was open before whatever happened on Friday.

The January transfer window would also have been less important if Lennon had recruited better during the summer.

The Modfather
31-01-2019, 09:54 AM
The January transfer window would also have been less important if Lennon had recruited better during the summer.

Yep, agree with this. The January window is meant for tweaks to the squad, not major rebuilding which is what we have required two January windows in a row.

As well as looking for a new manager, I would look to review our recruitment to see if it’s working as well as it should be.

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 10:00 AM
There's a difference between thinking the situation is a mess and going around every thread and posting as if the world is caving in though.

The tears and snotters from some over a manager leaving who had only won once in 14 league games is ridiculous.

To be fair, the ultras on both sides have been spraying threads indiscriminately for days. And the determination to paint Lennon as an abject failure has been both more voluminous and just as obsessive.

Anyway it is a giant mess.

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 10:06 AM

It would be fair to think that Lennon and the recruitment team had targets they were pursuing for this window. The Scott Allen pre-contract was a sign of that. It's equally likely that any targets and discussion that were under way would have been severely buffeted by the departure of the manager that those players thought they were being approached by.

Put it another way, if you've spent 23 days trying to get deals over the line and there are fine calls being made by agents and players everywhere over money, length of contract, length of loan deal, which clubs and cities they fancy, who they do or don't fancy playing for etc then losing our manager at that critical juncture will have been pretty critical to the viability of some of those deals.

J-C
31-01-2019, 10:09 AM
To be fair, the ultras on both sides have been spraying threads indiscriminately for days. And the determination to paint Lennon as an abject failure has been both more voluminous and just as obsessive.

Anyway it is a giant mess.

Do you not think Lennon is the cause of this bloody mess, weird team shapes and poor signings, tantrums and terrible man management at times. He's a very volatile character and lives on the edge at all times, he went over the edge this time and he's paid for it with his job, he's gone we now move on.

jacomo
31-01-2019, 10:12 AM
That last paragraph was the minimum we needed at the start of the window (maybe different names) but now it’s the dream scenario. Amazing how Hibs always manage to get us to reset our expectations.

We’ve already signed two midfielders on loan this window, both with a good pedigree.

I get that you are hungry for more, but at least acknowledge that some progress has been made?

calumhibee1
31-01-2019, 10:13 AM
We’ve already signed two midfielders on loan this window, both with a good pedigree.

I get that you are hungry for more, but at least acknowledge that some progress has been made?

Progress has been made in that specific department. Overall though we’ve probably regressed squad wise this month especially when the two recent long term injuries are accounted for.

delbert
31-01-2019, 10:15 AM

We are desperately short up front and we have defenders who seem to be constantly carrying injuries, so progress in midfield, but I thought transfer windows were an opportunity to address all of our issues, not just one area.

RossScott1991
31-01-2019, 10:20 AM
efe offered another new deal. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease efe pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease haha

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 10:21 AM
efe offered another new deal. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease efe pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease haha

Is this a joke? :confused:

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 10:22 AM
Do you not think Lennon is the cause of this bloody mess, weird team shapes and poor signings, tantrums and terrible man management at times. He's a very volatile character and lives on the edge at all times, he went over the edge this time and he's paid for it with his job, he's gone we now move on.

I'm not sure I can manage anything approaching an accurate pie chart of blame apportionment here between Lennon's failings, the Board's role, injuries, the attitude of some players, the cumulative effect of unchecked sectarianism and other abuse directed at him personally, etc. because nowhere near all of the facts are known.

Certainly he must take the lion's share of responsibility for signings, positions, tactics and most probably whatever specific event took place last week. Irrespective of all that, anyone who wanted Lennon out following the Motherwell game is now seeing the natural consequence of that desire, regardless of how it came to pass.

w pilton hibby
31-01-2019, 10:23 AM

It's in the Evening News

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-offer-efe-ambrose-new-deal-amid-interest-from-bolton-1-4865335

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure I can manage anything approaching an accurate pie chart of blame apportionment here between Lennon's failings, the Board's role, injuries, the attitude of some players, the cumulative effect of unchecked sectarianism and other abuse directed at him personally, etc. because nowhere near all of the facts are known.

Certainly he must take the lion's share of responsibility for signings, positions, tactics and most probably whatever specific event took place last week. Irrespective of all that, anyone who wanted Lennon out following the Motherwell game is now seeing the natural consequence of that desire, regardless of how it came to pass.

Word, as I say when I'm trying to get down with the homies.

makaveli1875
31-01-2019, 10:25 AM

apparently not

from the EN
Hibs have offered Efe Ambrose new terms at Easter Road, despite the Nigerian defender triggering a clause in his contract allowing him to leave the club earlier this month.

The 30-year-old is a free agent, but the Capital club are keen to bring him back for a third spell, according to reports.

Bolton Wanderers are also understood to be interested in signing the former Celtic centre-back and are among a handful of clubs to have made the defender an offer.

However, the Trotters face competition from Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday and Wigan Athletic, who have all made late approaches.

Turkish Super Lig side Akhisarspor and Swedish outfit Orebro were also keeping tabs on the situation earlier this month.

Leitherhibs
31-01-2019, 10:28 AM
I’m hearing we’ll get McNulty deal over the line today. No idea if loan or permanent.

Vault Boy
31-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Come home Efe, you know it makes sense. :pray:

That would make for one hell of a Hibs TV interview and aw.

brog
31-01-2019, 10:29 AM

That's the 2 x JC's I referred to Fred. Sorry, didn't have energy to trawl through back pages & as it was in Scotsman I assumed was common knowledge. As I mentioned Scotsman article said Luton now pulled out for MMcN.

Speedway
31-01-2019, 10:29 AM
David Unsworth for manager :rolleyes:

brog
31-01-2019, 10:30 AM
I’m hearing we’ll get McNulty deal over the line today. No idea if loan or permanent.

18 month loan, then prob perm per Scotsman.

Greencore
31-01-2019, 10:34 AM

No thank you.

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 10:38 AM
I don't know who David Unsworth is but his name makes me want to fall asleep. Immediately.

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 10:38 AM
Progress has been made in that specific department. Overall though we’ve probably regressed squad wise this month especially when the two recent long term injuries are accounted for.

We’re miles short of players in our squad, it does my head in when folk constantly defend this mess. Get real, we are in shambolic state at the moment. We had the best platform for many years to push on as a club but we’ve blown it big style.

Jpdhfc
31-01-2019, 10:39 AM
18 month loan deal but we’re trying to “reach an understanding over sell on clauses” what kind of sell on clauses with a loan? Good info btw!

I think it will be if a club offers x amount for him when is loaned to us he can be sold.

Bob Box Fish
31-01-2019, 10:40 AM
Lewis Morgan signed for Sunderland on loan not sure if it’s been posted in between the squabbling ?

Winston Ingram
31-01-2019, 10:40 AM
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/melbourne-city-nab-maclaren-with-just-hours-to-spare

The World Game website is not official

500miles
31-01-2019, 10:41 AM
I don't know who David Unsworth is but his name makes me want to fall asleep. Immediately.

Career wise, looks like Alan Stubbs mk2.

Vault Boy
31-01-2019, 10:44 AM
Career wise, looks like Alan Stubbs mk2.

Almost identical, he was Stubbs' assistant at Everton, then took over his role when Stubbs joined Hibs.

JimBHibees
31-01-2019, 10:46 AM

Would he be any good? Honestly no idea what he would be like.

Speedway
31-01-2019, 10:52 AM
On Twitter that we've approached Killie for Clarke.

Callum_62
31-01-2019, 10:53 AM

That fake account again?

CraigHibee
31-01-2019, 10:53 AM
i doubt efe will come back now with Lennon gone, funnier things have happened though

stevie-bee
31-01-2019, 10:56 AM
i doubt efe will come back now with Lennon gone, funnier things have happened though
Maybe he left because of Lennon

Green&White
31-01-2019, 11:01 AM
Don's turn down 5 mill for McKenna and reportedly want 8!!! Anywhere near as good a footballer as mcGinn??! Contract time left obviously a factor but not to that extent...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

flash
31-01-2019, 11:02 AM

Not on my Twitter.

easty
Don's turn down 5 mill for McKenna and reportedly want 8!!! Anywhere near as good a footballer as mcGinn??! Contract time left obviously a factor but not to that extent...

It's mental. He's barely better than Jack Hendry. Aberdeen should be taking the £5m and laughing all the way to the bank.

Speedway
That fake account again?

Nope, some journo.

Callum_62
31-01-2019, 11:04 AM
Nope, some journo.

Any name or screenshot? I mustn’t follow them

Stewboy
31-01-2019, 11:04 AM

He's worth what somebody will pay, Aberdeen think they can get more than 5 mil for him so good luck to them

jacomo
31-01-2019, 11:05 AM
apparently not

from the EN
Hibs have offered Efe Ambrose new terms at Easter Road, despite the Nigerian defender triggering a clause in his contract allowing him to leave the club earlier this month.

The 30-year-old is a free agent, but the Capital club are keen to bring him back for a third spell, according to reports.

Bolton Wanderers are also understood to be interested in signing the former Celtic centre-back and are among a handful of clubs to have made the defender an offer.

However, the Trotters face competition from Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday and Wigan Athletic, who have all made late approaches.

Turkish Super Lig side Akhisarspor and Swedish outfit Orebro were also keeping tabs on the situation earlier this month.

Mon the Efe.

The Modfather
31-01-2019, 11:11 AM

If I was Aberdeen I’d sell him if they could sign Ambrose. Thankfully Ambrose isn’t a a 7ft hammer thrower so Mcinnes won’t be interested.

neil7908
31-01-2019, 11:14 AM
It's mental. He's barely better than Jack Hendry. Aberdeen should be taking the £5m and laughing all the way to the bank.

As a Hibs fan they are our competitors so don't want to see them getting a massive chunk of cash.

But as a neutral they should be applauded.

Look at what middling players are going for down in the English Championship.

Remember James Maddison played for them for a season, had one good year back at Norwich and them moved for £20m+.

Clubs up here have got used to taking pocket change for our best players. We need to start taking advantage of the bubble down south before it bursts.

coco22
If I was Aberdeen I’d sell him if they could sign Ambrose. Thankfully Ambrose isn’t a a 7ft hammer thrower so Mcinnes won’t be interested.

Don’t think Efe is their style of CH indeed. Also had his worst game for us against them at Pittodrie (fickle bunch). Think any other Scot Prem team (Celtic aside) wd be a better team with him in.

Vault Boy
Hibernian, Motherwell and Dundee United are all tracking Hamilton defender Matt Kilgallon. - Pete O'Rourke

Fergos
31-01-2019, 11:16 AM

Totally agree, Im no expert but it was clear as day that we were very light on strikers, accentuated by the fact that we knew JMac would be away with Australia in Jan.

I like NL but he failed miserably in the transfer market by and large.

GGTTH

Greencore
31-01-2019, 11:17 AM

Url or it never happened.

S4uzee
31-01-2019, 11:21 AM
Hibernian, Motherwell and Dundee United are all tracking Hamilton defender Matt Kilgallon. - Pete O'Rourke

He’s rotten

04Sauzee
31-01-2019, 11:23 AM

35 years of age and 4 appearances since he signed for Hamilton in the summer. Other than that i know nothing about the lad

Vault Boy
31-01-2019, 11:25 AM
He’s rotten

I honestly can't say I remember seeing him play. Hamilton fans seem to like him, pinch of salt with that of course.

The Modfather
31-01-2019, 11:27 AM
35 years of age and 4 appearances since he signed for Hamilton in the summer. Other than that i know nothing about the lad

Would be a deal to the end of the season as cover I’d imagine. Do we have any promising CB’s we could promote instead as cover?

Smartie
I honestly can't say I remember seeing him play. Hamilton fans seem to like him, pinch of salt with that of course.

What, all 3 of them?

bingo70

That’s the same journalist that linked Lennon with Spartan Moscow.

It’s nonsense, makes stuff up to include news from as many teams as possible so people follow him on twitter and then spam them with gambling offers.

Still follow him on twitter like but realised how much of it is garbage.

04Sauzee
31-01-2019, 11:28 AM
Would be a deal to the end of the season as cover I’d imagine. Do we have any promising CB’s we could promote instead as cover?

I have no idea? Just like i said i know nothing about the lad we are being linked with

Vault Boy
31-01-2019, 11:29 AM
What, all 3 of them?

Hamilton fan seems to like him* 😉

supermcginn
31-01-2019, 11:30 AM

He's played 17 games. Went from sheffield united to sunderland for 2 million a while back and was very highly rated.

Vault Boy
31-01-2019, 11:30 AM
That’s the same journalist that linked Lennon with Spartan Moscow.

It’s nonsense, makes stuff up to include news from as many teams as possible so people follow him on twitter and then spam them with gambling offers.

Still follow him on twitter like but realised how much of it is garbage.

Cheers Bingo, I don't follow him but saw he was with SSN so figured there would be some credibility.

To be honest, journos seem to improvise when stories come out that club x, y and z are after a player, very easy to just throw names about without any source.

Steven79
31-01-2019, 11:31 AM
He's played 17 games. Went from sheffield united to sunderland for 2 million a while back and was very highly rated.

He played for Bradford last season and was their best defender.

HibeeMackenzie
31-01-2019, 11:32 AM
He’s already scored a goal for Hibs

One Day Soon
31-01-2019, 11:33 AM
Url or it never happened.

04Sauzee
31-01-2019, 11:33 AM
Apologies was taking my info from WIKI , Soccerbase does have him playing considerably more games

GloryGlory
31-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Almost identical, he was Stubbs' assistant at Everton, then took over his role when Stubbs joined Hibs.

Did Stubbs not try to bring Unsworth with him when he came to Hibs, but he decided to stay at Everton? ISTR that, somehow.

GibbytheHibby2
31-01-2019, 11:38 AM
Did Stubbs not try to bring Unsworth with him when he came to Hibs, but he decided to stay at Everton? ISTR that, somehow.

Yip

Speedway
31-01-2019, 11:42 AM
McNulty's in Edinburgh aye 90+2?

https://twitter.com/DavidMeyler/media

Beefster
31-01-2019, 11:43 AM

I hate to be a pedant (not really) but that isn't official.

Bostonhibby
31-01-2019, 11:45 AM
Hibernian, Motherwell and Dundee United are all tracking Hamilton defender Matt Kilgallon. - Pete O'RourkeReally disappointed if this is the level we're at.

Michael Nelson type signing.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

JeMeSouviens
31-01-2019, 11:47 AM
Vid of his rehabilitation on Hibs TV. Focussed, working hard, legs like tree trunks.

He was doing 1:1 with a coach on the park before the St Mirren game. Seemed a bit strange since he wasn't even listed as a sub. Thought they were maybe trying to remind us he exists!

Ozyhibby
31-01-2019, 11:51 AM
He was doing 1:1 with a coach on the park before the St Mirren game. Seemed a bit strange since he wasn't even listed as a sub. Thought they were maybe trying to remind us he exists!

Be good if they could remind us today that the recruitment team still exists.

Speedway
31-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Anyone know what happened to that Spurs goalie?

31-01-2019, 11:58 AM

Fry up and pancakes, a breakfast for supreme athletes.

Willis1875
31-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Anyone know what happened to that Spurs goalie?

Strange one,Got a free holiday out us though

Austinho
31-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Hull City and Hibernian are in for Ashley Fletcher, but Tony Pulis will only allow him to leave if he can sign a replacement.

(via @MirrorFootball)

jacomo
31-01-2019, 12:04 PM
He's worth what somebody will pay, Aberdeen think they can get more than 5 mil for him so good luck to them

I think McKenna is a very good player.

I am not against any Scottish team outside the Old Firm getting top dollar for their players, it will help raise overall value and prestige in our game.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Hull City and Hibernian are in for Ashley Fletcher, but Tony Pulis will only allow him to leave if he can sign a replacement.

(via @MirrorFootball)

Is that the guy who featured quite a lot in the Sunderland documentary, mainly because he couldn't score in the proverbial barrel?

MrRobot
31-01-2019, 12:06 PM

90+2 told me and others about this potential transfer quite some time ago so it's a little strange to see people desperate to prove him wrong and get some enjoyment out of it.

SChibs
31-01-2019, 12:07 PM

Hardly a great sample size

bingo70
31-01-2019, 12:08 PM
Is that the guy who featured quite a lot in the Sunderland documentary, mainly because he couldn't score in the proverbial barrel?

Yes. Think he’s one of these players that’s always been highly rated without ever actually doing anything.

I was going to say that the environment didn’t exactly seem the best at Sunderland either but lm not sure it’s much better at Hibs just now.

calumhibee1
31-01-2019, 12:09 PM

That’s the one. Seemed to have real confidence issues.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 12:10 PM

He's omnipresent :agree:

Gordy M
31-01-2019, 12:13 PM

He must have something about him....he was bought for 6.5 miliion 18 months ago. Have to say ive never seen him play so wont be writing him off just yet.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 12:14 PM
90+2 told me and others about this potential transfer quite some time ago so it's a little strange to see people desperate to prove him wrong and get some enjoyment out of it.

Is that happening?

I think people are taking him to task for posting stuff that he's made up.

Like he's in Edinburgh and that he's had a medical.

We're aware that he tipped MM to join Hibs. I think he's mentioned it once before.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2019, 12:15 PM
He must have something about him....he was bought for 6.5 miliion 18 months ago. Have to say ive never seen him play so wont be writing him off just yet.

Not going to write him off either, just checking I had the name right.

Unseen work
31-01-2019, 12:16 PM
Ashley Fletcher would be a brilliant signing imo. Don’t let that Sunderland documentary cloud your judgement on him.

BegbieHSC
31-01-2019, 12:22 PM
Nixon saying Hibs would be after Barker, but City have made NO APPROACH to recall. Aberdeen only POSSIBLY interested. Presumably they have an alternative 1st choice. Very up in the air.

yerauldda
31-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Ashley Fletcher would be a brilliant signing imo. Don’t let that Sunderland documentary cloud your judgement on him.

This. I'd prefer him to McNulty and I would be delighted with McNulty.

matty_f
31-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Nixon saying Hibs would be after Barker, but City have made NO APPROACH to recall. Aberdeen only POSSIBLY interested. Presumably they have an alternative 1st choice. Very up in the air.

Someone want to get on the phone to City and tell them to start making some calls? :greengrin

BegbieHSC
31-01-2019, 12:30 PM
Also - over 1000 people are currently viewing this thread at 1330 on a Thursday. Absolute meltdown if we don’t sign anyone :cb

makaveli1875
31-01-2019, 12:31 PM
Also - over 1000 people are currently viewing this thread at 1330 on a Thursday. Absolute meltdown if we don’t sign anyone :cb

what time does the window slam shut ?

matty_f
31-01-2019, 12:32 PM

Think I will say this now to head off accusations of censoring the forums later on, but if we're really busy tonight and the site starts to slow down we may well keep it open to registered users only.

matty_f
31-01-2019, 12:33 PM

Midnight in Scotland, 11pm in England.

I don't think the English deadline is too relevant for us, I can't see us losing anyone to an English team at the moment.

Hibby Gav
31-01-2019, 12:33 PM

Midnight in Scotland...11pm down south

ggtth

BegbieHSC
31-01-2019, 12:35 PM

We have 10 hours and 26 minutes. Midnight. Marc McNulty was in Reading this morning - 7 hour drive, so if he heads up the now? We’d have nearly 3 1/2 hours to agree a deal 😏😏

Aim Here
31-01-2019, 12:35 PM
Midnight in Scotland, 11pm in England.

I don't think the English deadline is too relevant for us, I can't see us losing anyone to an English team at the moment.

It'll give us an hours notice as to whether we're likely to get Efe back!

1van Sprou7e
31-01-2019, 12:37 PM

Can't free agents sign for clubs at any time?

easty
31-01-2019, 12:39 PM

As long as they'd become a free agent before the transfer window closed, yeah.

HibeeMackenzie
31-01-2019, 12:40 PM
Australian window now closed and no Maclaren announcement

Aim Here
31-01-2019, 12:41 PM

Good point. I'm not thinking overly straight!

SouthMoroccoStu
31-01-2019, 12:42 PM

Sadly he's a free agent right now so can sign for any team at any time - the transfer window doesn't have to be open

SouthMoroccoStu
31-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Australian window now closed and no Maclaren announcement

Excellent point

sean04
31-01-2019, 12:46 PM
Kilgallon from Hamilton linked with hibs, centre half

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 12:49 PM
Kilgallon from Hamilton linked with hibs, centre half

Great, let’s sing someone from Hamilton’s excellent defence. That would be a stroke of genius 😳

percy veer
31-01-2019, 12:51 PM
We have 10 hours and 26 minutes. Midnight. Marc McNulty was in Reading this morning - 7 hour drive, so if he heads up the now? We’d have nearly 3 1/2 hours to agree a deal 😏😏

According to some he Deffo had a medical yesterday Deffo signing , desperately seeking credit for a "scoop". No sure what's going on there

SCHAEDYSHORTS
31-01-2019, 12:54 PM
According to some he Deffo had a medical yesterday Deffo signing , desperately seeking credit for a "scoop". No sure what's going on there

Thought Defoe had gone to Sevco? 😬😉

sean04
31-01-2019, 12:55 PM
Great, let’s sing someone from Hamilton’s excellent defence. That would be a stroke of genius 😳

Tbf I think he does hold them together. Hamilton aren't happy that he could be away

percy veer
31-01-2019, 12:58 PM
Thought Defoe had gone to Sevco? 😬😉

Ha aye the spell check went a bit haywire there

Alan62
31-01-2019, 12:59 PM

What's the tune? :wink:

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 01:01 PM
Tbf I think he does hold them together. Hamilton aren't happy that he could be away

TBF I don’t really know anything about him but seen us ripping 6 past them so it doesn’t give me a lot of confidence.

Bobby's Cinema
31-01-2019, 01:01 PM
I'm wondering how the process of signing players is working without a manager?

Coaching staff involved in decision making?

Sioux
31-01-2019, 01:07 PM

Or he could nip along to Heathrow. I'm on the 17.25 getting in at 18.55. I'll be sure to let y'all know if he's on it. :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
31-01-2019, 01:10 PM
Or he could nip along to Heathrow. I'm on the 17.25 getting in at 18.55. I'll be sure to let y'all know if he's on it. :greengrin

If you see someone in a tracksuit limping, kick him off the flight.

Cat Stanton
31-01-2019, 01:14 PM

Was just going to ask the same thing - is this not a major problem, both for the club and any targeted player (ie how does he know any new manager would rate him)?

neil7908
31-01-2019, 01:14 PM

That's a good good question actually - who is making the calls right now on what targets to give for, how much to offer their clubs and the player, confirm their expected role in the team etc?

GloryGlory
31-01-2019, 01:16 PM

Maybe that's why we have a football recruitment department, with Graeme Mathie as its Head? :dunno:

Allant1981
31-01-2019, 01:17 PM
That's a good good question actually - who is making the calls right now on what targets to give for, how much to offer their clubs and the player, confirm their expected role in the team etc?

Same people that always do it, nothing will have changed regarding signing players because the head coach is not here

LustForLeith
31-01-2019, 01:19 PM
Just thinking aloud and giving my mind a treat but would it be feasible for Hibs to get Leigh on loan? Pay a bit ifbhis wage, don’t play him against Celtic, etc?

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 01:21 PM

This Lennon debacle couldn’t have happened at a worse time. We knew we needed signings but now we have no manager on deadline day in a transfer window that has already weakened us. You couldn’t make it up, I really fear for our season ticket sales if this continues to go further downhill. Hopefully we’re working on players and we can get a really good manager in.

Denverhibby
31-01-2019, 01:26 PM
This Lennon debacle couldn’t have happened at a worse time. We knew we needed signings but now we have no manager on deadline day in a transfer window that has already weakened us. You couldn’t make it up, I really fear for our season ticket sales if this continues to go further downhill. Hopefully we’re working on players and we can get a really good manager in.

Have we ever signed a manager on the last day of the transfer window

HoboHarry
31-01-2019, 01:27 PM
Breathe mate..... :greengrin

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 01:29 PM
Have we ever signed a manager on the last day of the transfer window
We need players in today and a good manager at some point soon to give us a lift going forward. We’re obviously not signing a manager today!!!!

Gaffer1875
31-01-2019, 01:31 PM
Maclarens instagram story suggests he is still in Edinburgh...

madhatter
31-01-2019, 01:31 PM
Maclaren wanting to leave suggests he has been fit but just not played. Strange things have been happening at ER the last 8 months or so. Glad a new chapter will soon begin. I can wait until the summer for substantial signings to be made. Don't write the season off but push for top six which this team should still be able to do.

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 01:32 PM
Breathe mate..... :greengrin

I’m just worried at the state of my club at the moment, I thought we’d turned the corner and all the bad stuff was in the past.

1van Sprou7e
31-01-2019, 01:33 PM
Maclaren wanting to leave suggests he has been fit but just not played. Strange things have been happening at ER the last 8 months or so. Glad a new chapter will soon begin. I can wait until the summer for substantial signings to be made. Don't write the season off but push for top six which this team should still be able to do.

Also we're only 2 wins away from another trip to Hampden :)

Crazyhorse
31-01-2019, 01:34 PM

How's the snow down there? Any delays?

Greencore
31-01-2019, 01:35 PM
Hibs looking at Hartley from motherwell

https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO/status/1090980394604867585?s=19

easty
31-01-2019, 01:37 PM

If we had Hanlon, Porteous and McGregor available he'd not get a look in. Would rather have him than Matt Kilgallon though.

hibee316
31-01-2019, 01:38 PM
I’m just worried at the state of my club at the moment, I thought we’d turned the corner and all the bad stuff was in the past.

Pointless worrying about it.

Why worry about something you have no control over?

Callum_62

We have our new man to wind up the Rangers support. :greengrin

500miles

Absolutely rinsed the Huns as well, absolute hero.

GloryGlory
31-01-2019, 01:44 PM

Porteous out for a while and Efe knocked back deal?

Iain G
31-01-2019, 01:46 PM
Porteous out for a while and Efe knocked back deal?

Efe doesn't have to sign before the deadline though as he is a free agent?

Real Emerald
31-01-2019, 01:51 PM
Pointless worrying about it.

Why worry about something you have no control over?

Maybe worried was the wrong word, perhaps disappointed in how things have turned out is better, especially after enjoying the last couple of years so much.

1van Sprou7e
31-01-2019, 01:59 PM
Maybe worried was the wrong word, perhaps disappointed in how things have turned out is better, especially after enjoying the last couple of years so much.

No reason to think that things won't be better going forward

Not saying that'll definitely be the case but it's a bit too early for disappointment :)

Zazu62
31-01-2019, 02:03 PM
Aberdeen must be absolutely loaded rejecting 5 million pound bids

Winston Ingram
31-01-2019, 02:07 PM
Aberdeen must be absolutely loaded rejecting 5 million pound bids

They know they're pretty certain of getting more in the summer

Hibeesmad
31-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Friend down south saying Barker to Hibs is a huge possibility

Vault Boy
31-01-2019, 02:13 PM

Please

LancsHibs
31-01-2019, 02:13 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

sean04
31-01-2019, 02:28 PM
According to bloke on twitter it's Aberdeen in the driving seat for him

MrRobot
31-01-2019, 02:32 PM
Is that happening?

I think people are taking him to task for posting stuff that he's made up.

Like he's in Edinburgh and that he's had a medical.

We're aware that he tipped MM to join Hibs. I think he's mentioned it once before.

Did you take ‘people to task’ who were posting Lennon had thrown chairs at every member of staff and punched the office dog or is it only 90+2 that gets pulled up due to you and his debates elsewhere on the board?

People have also posted MacLaren is away but it seems no official announcement and he appears to be in Edinburgh. Again, I don’t see people being told they are making this up.

Just curious as it’s literally a guy passing on information he’s been given and you seem to really want to prove him wrong.

hibs#1
31-01-2019, 02:35 PM
Ashley Fletcher mentioned on twitter. Also Stefan Scougal been released by St Johnstone any takers?

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 02:40 PM

How would your friend be in a position to know? Just asking. :greengrin

HoboHarry
31-01-2019, 02:43 PM
He is a dreadful journalist at a failing newspaper and he won't have that job in the next few years. Not sure why anyone takes him seriously?

bigwheel
31-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Ashley Fletcher mentioned on twitter. Also Stefan Scougal been released by St Johnstone any takers?

is he not doing well for someone just now??

Scougal surprises me - thought he would do well there...might be worth a shot

MrRobot
31-01-2019, 02:44 PM
How would your friend be in a position to know? Just asking. :greengrin

I wouldnt care, as long as they are right :greengrin

SMAXXA
31-01-2019, 02:45 PM
I’m not sure the mcnulty deal will happen

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Did you take ‘people to task’ who were posting Lennon had thrown chairs at every member of staff and punched the office dog or is it only 90+2 that gets pulled up due to you and his debates elsewhere on the board?

People have also posted MacLaren is away but it seems no official announcement and he appears to be in Edinburgh. Again, I don’t see people being told they are making this up.

Just curious as it’s literally a guy passing on information he’s been given and you seem to really want to prove him wrong.

I had no knowledge of what happened with Lennon on Friday so why would I have taken anyone to task?

I don't know if Maclaren is away or not so I'm not going to contradict anyone regarding that.

I do have some information about Mark McNulty and 90+2 is posting stuff that's completely wrong. That's unfair to people on here who believe him so I'm contradicting him.

Or would you prefer the happy fantasy to the truth?

There's still a possibility that MM will sign for us. Fingers crossed he does and fingers crossed he's good.

04Sauzee
31-01-2019, 02:47 PM

Not what I wanted to hear
Not been a great window

Hibs90
31-01-2019, 02:48 PM
Be very disappointed if we don't sign one or two and make a serious go for Allan.
Maybe we still will but it doesn't look likely.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 02:50 PM

How come?

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 02:50 PM
We've still got over 8 hours ...

Callum_62
31-01-2019, 02:52 PM
Soutter signs new deal at hearts

St mirren sign croatian left back

bigswissstriker
31-01-2019, 02:52 PM
I have been told again it’s off. Got a couple different guys who are both linked to a family member of MM. was getting conflicting stories yesterday but now seems more unlikely than likely. I’m really hoping we manage it though cos we are gonna be in a bad place. This whole debacle can **** off

sean04
31-01-2019, 02:53 PM
According to evening news journalist, he can't see mcnulty happening

Callum_62
31-01-2019, 02:54 PM
Ah Hibs - were nothing just happens swiftly or smoothly

SMAXXA
31-01-2019, 02:54 PM
How come?

Just as it stands not close to being done, it may well be one that will gather pace last few hours but at this stage I’d say I’m not confident.

We are in a really bad situation with no manager weakens your hand with some players aswell.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 02:57 PM
Just as it stands not close to being done, it may well be one that will gather pace last few hours but at this stage I’d say I’m not confident.

We are in a really bad situation with no manager weakens your hand with some players aswell.

Fair points.

Souter96Mac
31-01-2019, 02:58 PM
Reckon McNulty deal depended on whether or not Macca left

Hibs90
31-01-2019, 02:59 PM
BREAKING: Hibernan have confirmed the signing of Abslutly Nobodji.

:greengrin

flash

It's the other way round.

SMAXXA

Not connected

Aim Here
31-01-2019, 03:04 PM
Not connected

Wouldn't it be the case that we'd be unwilling to part with Maclaren without some kind of replacement in place - going into February with only 2 strikers of any experience at all would be suicidal.

mcfly
31-01-2019, 03:06 PM
Happy to wait and see what happens until midnight but if we sign no one then our board are playing a dangerous game

Implies they have accepted this season is write off and wait till summer.

we need new players to make sure we have enough snr pros to get through the season.

New players give everyone a lift and we need a lift at hibs fc

🤞🤞🤞

SMAXXA
31-01-2019, 03:07 PM
Wouldn't it be the case that we'd be unwilling to part with Maclaren without some kind of replacement in place - going into February with only 2 strikers of any experience at all would be suicidal.

Sorry I mean mclaren staying wouldn’t stop the MM deal.

jacomo
31-01-2019, 03:08 PM

:agree:

And I would bet that Jamie would get a lot more minutes in the 2nd half of the season if he stays fit.

MrRobot
31-01-2019, 03:10 PM
I had no knowledge of what happened with Lennon on Friday so why would I have taken anyone to task?

I don't know if Maclaren is away or not so I'm not going to contradict anyone regarding that.

I do have some information about Mark McNulty and 90+2 is posting stuff that's completely wrong. That's unfair to people on here who believe him so I'm contradicting him.

Or would you prefer the happy fantasy to the truth?

There's still a possibility that MM will sign for us. Fingers crossed he does and fingers crossed he's good.

Good to see there is still a chance and I hope it is true.

To be honest I dont believe much until its official so anything you, 90+2 or anybody else posts I wouldnt ever automatically think it must be true. This is a rumours thread so posting he is in Edinburgh, whether right or wrong, is part of the rumour.

SteveHFC
31-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Still waiting on signings like

http://i.imgur.com/hTzoTAt.jpg

hibs#1
31-01-2019, 03:12 PM
is he not doing well for someone just now??

Scougal surprises me - thought he would do well there...might be worth a shot

Limited game time at Middlesbrough as far as I can see.
Scougall hasn't played for a while no idea why? Was very rated before as far as I remember.

Bostonhibby
31-01-2019, 03:14 PM
Still waiting on signings like

http://i.imgur.com/hTzoTAt.jpgThat monkey looks handy but it's just a pity one area lennon never seemed to leave us exposed in after any transfer window was goalkeeper.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 03:16 PM
Good to see there is still a chance and I hope it is true.

To be honest I dont believe much until its official so anything you, 90+2 or anybody else posts I wouldnt ever automatically think it must be true. This is a rumours thread so posting he is in Edinburgh, whether right or wrong, is part of the rumour.

Some folk aren't as savvy as you and tend to believe what they see written in black and white, particularly if it's news they like.

Of course, folk can post what they like, but if someone knows, or even suspects, that it's mince, it'll be called out as such.

I'm less hopeful of McNulty now, btw.

MrRobot
31-01-2019, 03:16 PM

Any knowledge on what seems to be holding the deal up? Wages etc?

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 03:18 PM
Any knowledge on what seems to be holding the deal up? Wages etc?

£750k fee required.

No chance that's being met.

Jim44
31-01-2019, 03:21 PM
Happy to wait and see what happens until midnight but if we sign no one then our board are playing a dangerous game

Implies they have accepted this season is write off and wait till summer.

we need new players to make sure we have enough snr pros to get through the season.

New players give everyone a lift and we need a lift at hibs fc

🤞🤞🤞

Giving the board a bit of slack, they might be doing their best but are finding it hard to paint a decent picture of the club, given the crazy few days we’ve gone through.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 03:21 PM
£750k fee required.

Not even in instalments?

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 03:22 PM
Not even in instalments?

750 installments × £1k?

That sort of thing?

MrRobot
31-01-2019, 03:23 PM
Some folk aren't as savvy as you and tend to believe what they see written in black and white, particularly if it's news they like.

Of course, folk can post what they like, but if someone knows, or even suspects, that it's mince, it'll be contradicted.

I'm less hopeful of McNulty now, btw.

That's a fair enough point.

Is that based on what you know or jsut with time dragging and no movement? Either way I hope you're wrong :greengrin

MrRobot
31-01-2019, 03:25 PM
£750k fee required.

Im hoping thats a transfer fee and not a loan fee?

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 03:26 PM
That's a fair enough point.

Is that based on what you know or jsut with time dragging and no movement? Either way I hope you're wrong :greengrin

It's what someone who is definitely ITK regarding this is saying.

I have no connections to MM.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2019, 03:27 PM
Im hoping thats a transfer fee and not a loan fee?

It wouldn't matter, Cal.

We couldn't get close to it either way.

number9dream
31-01-2019, 03:32 PM
According to evening news journalist, he can't see mcnulty happening

Reading paid a hefty fee for him and he’s on a four year deal on wages way beyond anything we could dream of matching.
Coventry want him back and Sunderland are linked. Both of those teams have got more financial clout than us...
It’s a long shot, at best.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 03:35 PM
Reading paid a hefty fee for him and he’s on a four year deal on wages way beyond anything we could dream of matching.
Coventry want him back and Sunderland are linked. Both of those teams have got more financial clout than us...
It’s a long shot, at best.

Anything can happen in the next 8 hours or so.

Col2
31-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Aye but look at our ambition. We tried so so hard.

Get tommy wright in and aim for 5th and 6th each season. Ambition at the club at lowest for a few years. We need investment.

MrRobot
31-01-2019, 03:36 PM
It wouldn't matter, Cal.

We couldn't get close to it either way.

Yeah there is no hope in hell we would pay that kind of figure, gives hope for a loan though.

coldingham hibs
31-01-2019, 03:44 PM
I noticed the Record saying we are interested in Ashley Fletcher, this may have been mentioned but I cannot face trawling through all the posts 😁

mcfly
31-01-2019, 03:47 PM
Aye but look at our ambition. We tried so so hard.

Get tommy wright in and aim for 5th and 6th each season. Ambition at the club at lowest for a few years. We need investment.

13000 season ticket holders have invested in the club. Average attendants are the highest in years

Where’s the money gone? And sorry 7th place is unnacceptable.

sadly the only communication we get from our board is when they want us to renew our season tickets.

Bobby Moore
31-01-2019, 03:48 PM
Re Hartley from Motherwell as mentioned earlier on.
Mothewell fans forum, say he is at us for a medical and would we would have to have showed them money and general surprise expressed.

He’s their club captain, does this seem likely, a surprise one if there’s anything in it.

CRAZYHIBBY
31-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Is that jack ross prick deliberately attempting to hijack all our potential signings

SteveHFC
31-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Mothewell fans forum, say he is at us for a medical and would we would have to have showed them money and general surprise expressed.

He’s their club captain, does this seem likely, a surprise one if there’s anything in it.

Well fan on pie and bovril saying the same.

bigwheel
31-01-2019, 03:52 PM

Hardly kicked a ball much over last 12 months - lots of injuries - hope he is fit ! was good before he suffered those injuries...

Hermit Crab
31-01-2019, 03:53 PM
Finally!!!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16823943 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16823943)

Heisenberg
31-01-2019, 03:54 PM
Finally!!!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16823943 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/16823943)

In the nicest possible way, **** off.

number9dream
31-01-2019, 03:54 PM
Any word on Scott Allan? I hope his agent is trying everything to secure a release from Celtic. A game of offer and counter-offer that could go on until close to midnight.
Alternatively, Scott is at home on the Xbox, content to sit his contract out and we have a full pre-season to get him match fit.
I’d settle for him arriving at 11:55 & Maclaren staying to fight for a place, while hoping for a cheeky left field move for a speedy forward from a far flung corner of Europe...

DavidDavidGray
31-01-2019, 03:55 PM
Finally!!!!!!

And people say our club don’t show ambition. Brilliant signing, exactly what was needed #WelcomeBackPa

SteveHFC
31-01-2019, 03:57 PM
Finally!!!!!!

Greatest signing since Sauzee.

hibsbollah
31-01-2019, 03:57 PM
Finally!!!!!!

Fantastic news!!:greengrin You're going to be a success at Hibs if you played in the same side as Wesley Sneijder, guaranteed.

De Graaf was drawn to Hibs after spellbinding 6-6 epic

LIKE the new stand which is taking shape on the east side of the ground, Edwin de Graaf hopes to be a sturdy addition to the scene at Easter Road.

The new Hibernian midfielder was unveiled yesterday at the stadium, and offered an assessment of himself that is bound to please supporters.

The 6ft 1in Dutchman informed the fans of his credentials and left no-one in any doubt of his commitment to a team he fell for on the night of the epic 6-6 draw with Motherwell at the end of last season. He saw a match which raged from one end to the other, and knew instantly he could be a boon to the Scottish game.

Still in the process of deciding his future when sitting in the Fir Park stand, he had his mind made up by the time the final whistle blew on that remarkable evening. De Graaf deduced that his own game was suited to this environment, where the sophistication showcased by his compatriots will not necessarily thrive. Fortunately, De Graaf, by his own admission, insults his own background by being more blood-and-thunder than Total Football.

"They play more kick-and-rush in Scotland (than in the Netherlands]," he said. "But then my type of game is the same as they play here. I am a box-to-box player. They know me as someone who runs for 90 minutes in Holland. I think Scottish football and myself are good for each other. I think I will bring passion, I work very hard. I am a team player. I hope I score a lot of goals too."

He was attracted by the glut of scoring opportunities he observed being taken - and passed up - at Fir Park in May, when Hibs let slip a 6-2 lead to draw 6-6 at Motherwell. "It was a crazy game," he recalled. "I was sitting next to my agent, and I was like: what is happening here? I had never seen this before. But after the game there was only one option; that was Hibernian."

Subsequent conversations with manager John Hughes and chairman Rod Petrie merely helped confirm what he had concluded; Hibs are the club for him. Even the scantest knowledge of De Graaf's career reveals why supporters are excited by the the new signing. Great store is being placed in De Graaf's experience in the Dutch Eredevisie with the likes of Feyenoord and NAC Breda, while his appearances for the Dutch B team in the early part of the last decade is another reason for encouragement.

De Graaf played alongside the likes of Wesley Sneijder, currently seen starring for the Netherlands in the World Cup. But the new Hibs signing is a realist. He was already 21 when called up by for international side's second string and playing for RBC Roosendaal. Sneijder was just 17 and already in the Ajax first-team. "I played with some big players," he recalled. "Some of those I played with in the B team are now at the World Cup. I also played at Feyenoord with (Dirk] Kuyt. For me it was a big step (to the international scene]. I played with a small club - RBC. All the other guys played with Ajax and Feyenoord and other big clubs in Holland."

But De Graaf hopes to bring this experience to bear on Hibs, and can also provide some Europa League know-how. The Easter Road club are preparing to take their bow in the competition next month, and the Dutchman will be a valuable asset. He played in the competition for NAC Breda last season although succumbed at the play-off round stage, when pitched against Villarreal. But he scored five goals over three rounds, including one against the Spanish club.

This helped to bring De Graaf to the attention of Barnsley, Blackpool and Bristol Rovers. He might also have signed for the German side Duisburg this summer, while a new life in the States with DC United was another possibility. But Edinburgh proved a beguiling prospect for the father of two young sons aged three and one, with the testimonials provided by the likes of Michael Mols and Dorus de Vries another factor in the decision to continue his career in the Scottish Premier League. Both the former Rangers striker and one-time Dunfermline ‘keeper are ex-team-mates.

"I called Michael, and he said: ‘listen, if you can go to Hibs then it is one of the biggest clubs in Scotland, after Rangers and Celtic'," said De Graaf, who has already begun to be a poster-boy for the Easter Road club. He helped launch the Hibs Kids Membership scheme yesterday, which hopes to help encourage young supporters under the age of 15 to make it along to Easter Road.

The Dutch player's two sons, Demy and Leroy, are already members.