PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter transfer thread - repetitive discussion only (hardly any transfer news)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

The 90+2
06-01-2019, 09:45 PM
David Hardie has confirmed Gauld is flying to Dubai. Great move from the club even if 6 month!

BILLYHIBS
Trying but no where near I'm hearing

RP We will pay you 3k

LS Is that per day?

RP Naw! Per week! :greengrin

Next!

Heisenberg
Gauld flying to Dubai Tuesday. Medical on Wednesday according to the EEN.

MagicSwirlingShip
06-01-2019, 09:46 PM
There’s fake news stories stating that Hibs have agreed a fee with Ayr. Might just be folk believing them. I honestly have no idea why folk think they’re funny with that and the fake Hibs twitter. They surely have other things they could do with their time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worst patter. It’s the same muppets on these Hibs groups on Facebook. They think it’s hilarious. Sadsacks

CallumLaidlaw
06-01-2019, 09:46 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/ryan-gauld-set-to-jet-into-dubai-and-seal-loan-move-to-hibs-1-4852436

worcesterhibby
06-01-2019, 09:47 PM
I watched every shankland goal I can find on YouTube, virtually every single goal he scores is down to terrible defending. IMHO hw would score about 5 a season in the top flight.

SMAXXA
06-01-2019, 09:56 PM
I watched every shankland goal I can find on YouTube, virtually every single goal he scores is down to terrible defending. IMHO hw would score about 5 a season in the top flight.

😂😂 unbelievable

Radium
06-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Re Shankland. There is an article on a Welsh site where the Ayr Chairman says the only offer they have had would not cover the prize money difference for dropping 3 places. Prize money below suggests that £200k would be their starting point.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/0cca40c0c0a45ed3367d7e9b9b5e4561.jpg

The interest leading to the article was from Swansea. Both Celtc and TRIFC are also meant to be interested. If we sign him it will be some bit of business.

The 90+2
06-01-2019, 10:25 PM
Shankland won’t be signing for Celtic.

21sMay
06-01-2019, 10:29 PM
We are definitely interested in shankland along with plenty other side's . Our interest has been made known and contact with Ayr took place but as far am I'm led to believe this was over a week ago

Diclonius
06-01-2019, 10:35 PM
I thought the Shankland to Swansea thing was done and dusted, what happened?

Radium
06-01-2019, 10:42 PM
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-digest-chief-reveals-15637290

This is the Welsh article. Full of advertising and can’t c&p on my phone

BILLYHIBS
06-01-2019, 10:44 PM
Lawrence Shanklands four goals in a top of the table Championship clash away from home versus the Arabs was one of the finest individual performances I have ever seen in a 5-0 drubbing high pressure match beamed live across Scotland BBC Alba from a striker and no way were they four defensive errors :confused:

jacomo
06-01-2019, 11:00 PM
Hyndman? Mallan? Horgan? Few creative Players brought in. Players sometime don't fit clubs. Sometimes they perform brilliantly. Sometimes they break their leg first training session. We can't forsee how every singing will play out.

We can't always get the players in we want. You don't know what discussions took place over the summer, do you? It's in the fabric of a club like Hibernian.

Our place in the food chain.

:agree:

We did actually replace Scott Allan last summer, so we not only had a plan b but carried it out.

We failed to replace SJM and Dylan. Mallan, Horgan, Hyndman etc might have done better if we had.

I’d like Scott Allan to return but there were obvious difficulties with that happening last summer.

Now things are different. If he wants to sign a pre contract with us our negotiating positive improves massively.

jeffers
06-01-2019, 11:02 PM
:agree:

We did actually replace Scott Allan last summer, so we not only had a plan b but carried it out.

We failed to replace SJM and Dylan. Mallan, Horgan, Hyndman etc might have done better if we had.

I’d like Scott Allan to return but there were obvious difficulties with that happening last summer.

Now things are different. If he wants to sign a pre contract with us our negotiating positive improves massively.
Who did we replace Scott Allan with ?

Ozyhibby
06-01-2019, 11:09 PM

Did you watch this because his all round play in this game is excellent as well as being involved in all 5 goals.
https://youtu.be/uTBkPZBBBQI

The Green Goblin
06-01-2019, 11:37 PM

Cracker! 😂

cabbageandribs1875
07-01-2019, 12:23 AM
Old story from mid December he got fined $25.

with a pricey deterrent like that he won't be repeating that offence in a hurry, does he have a drink problem ? banned for two years in 2017 for drink driving, uses mixing sleeping pills and alcohol as his latest excuse, can the tw@t seriously not do without alcohol for a few hours flight

Tornadoes70
07-01-2019, 01:24 AM
with a pricey deterrent like that he won't be repeating that offence in a hurry, does he have a drink problem ? banned for two years in 2017 for drink driving, uses mixing sleeping pills and alcohol as his latest excuse, can the tw@t seriously not do without alcohol for a few hours flight

Being inebriated in a public place is hardly the worst crime in the world tbf. Sounds as if he needs help to manage his alcohol problem rather than judgementalism.

Hope he gets the help he needs.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

SirDavidsNapper
07-01-2019, 05:36 AM
Fair to say Rangers are doing their all to win this title...

Remember the arguments about Celtic winning up to 12 in a row ?

Looks a bit silly now

Throwing all their eggs in one basket. If they don't win it it could get interesting

SirDavidsNapper
07-01-2019, 05:40 AM
Steven Davis resigns for rangers on loan until the end of the season, when his Southampton contact expires.

Good signing for them. If they get Jones and kamara in during Jan, they could win this league.

The "traitors" being welcomed back with open arms.

Brooster
07-01-2019, 05:46 AM
This thread needs binned

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Could be a good thread if a few individuals would stop being so opinionated and making stuff up to impress.

jeffers
07-01-2019, 05:49 AM
Throwing all their eggs in one basket. If they don't win it it could get interesting
Even if they do win it, if their reported debt is accurate would they make any dent in that ?

jacomo
07-01-2019, 06:26 AM

Did you read my post or the one I quoted? You’ll find the names of 3 midfielders signed last summer there.

jeffers
07-01-2019, 06:29 AM
Did you read my post or the one I quoted? You’ll find the names of 3 midfielders signed last summer there.

Yes I did, but I still don’t who you mean unless you are suggesting all three did ?

James Stephen
07-01-2019, 06:42 AM
I dont know how good Shankland is, or if it would work out, but given the buzz and (reported) interest in him, it would be a serious statement of intent if we were to go out and get him.

The kind of statement i really feel the club has to make.

If Maclaren is away, i presume we will be after two new strikers, as well as the midfielders.

Is Cummings still a possibility also?

Stonewall
07-01-2019, 06:53 AM
Even if they do win it, if their reported debt is accurate would they make any dent in that ?

Who knows. The only things we know to be accurate are the debt figures and the going concern warnings in the accounts.

Even before signing Defoe and Davis they had ramped up their spending significantly. On the face of it this is madness but they seem to find a way to finance it. And Ashley and the Take Over Panel haven’t gone away.

I could see another share issue coming, but as to where it ends Is anyone’s guess.

jeffers
07-01-2019, 06:56 AM
Who knows. The only things we know to be accurate are the debt figures and the going concern warnings in the accounts.

Even before signing Defoe and Davis they had ramped up their spending significantly. On the face of it this is madness but they seem to find a way to finance it. And Ashley and the Take Over Panel haven’t gone away.

I could see another share issue coming, but as to where it ends Is anyone’s guess.

Someone else posted that the Scottish football authorities should be keeping a close eye on this but we all know that won’t happen. Hopefully they get in such a mess they go into admin again.

Stonewall
07-01-2019, 07:24 AM
Someone else posted that the Scottish football authorities should be keeping a close eye on this but we all know that won’t happen. Hopefully they get in such a mess they go into admin again.

The SFA will do stand by and do nothing, even if they wanted to their rules appear to be more or less unenforceable. The clubs will do nothing, the media will do nothing and bar a few “internet bampots”, who will try to keep the issues alive, most supporters don’t care that much or think it’s a waste of time fighting a lost cause.

brog
07-01-2019, 07:26 AM

They haven't been in admin before. They were liquidated.

timewilltell
07-01-2019, 07:29 AM
Another goalkeeper signed.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46774807

BILLYHIBS
07-01-2019, 07:30 AM
Did you watch this because his all round play in this game is excellent as well as being involved in all 5 goals.
https://youtu.be/uTBkPZBBBQI

Ha Ha!

Features the perfect hatrick and a fat Fraser Fyvie.

He should really have scored about six

I can only presume Gloucester does not receive BBC Alba or the OP knows nothing about football :greengrin

Sign him!

:dunno:

Bostonhibby
07-01-2019, 07:33 AM
They haven't been in admin before. They were liquidated.Liquidated makes it sound like something was done to them by someone. [emoji6]

Prefer to say the old club actually put itself into liquidation because it couldn't or wouldn't pay it's debts.

The club and it's fans walked away.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
07-01-2019, 07:39 AM

Not signed yet, just on trial. Maybe a more long term move if Laidlaw leaves, and bogdan goes back to Liverpool after his loan finishes.

jeffers
07-01-2019, 07:45 AM

Ooops of course too early in the morning for me.

Allant1981
07-01-2019, 07:45 AM

He is only on trial

Leith's finest
07-01-2019, 07:51 AM
Not signed yet, just on trial. Maybe a more long term move if Laidlaw leaves, and bogdan goes back to Liverpool after his loan finishes.
Laidlaw will be gone sooner rather than later, won't play for us again

Hermit Crab
07-01-2019, 08:30 AM
I spoke to an Ayr fan last night, they don't know where Shankland is going, nor have they heard anything. He didn't play on Saturday though, injured.

percy veer
07-01-2019, 08:45 AM

I think this lad will go down the same route as Gavin Reilly, championship level really don't want hibs to waste money on him

SirDavidsNapper
07-01-2019, 08:52 AM
I think this lad will go down the same route as Gavin Reilly, championship level really don't want hibs to waste money on him

I'm of the same opinion. If it was a free transfer i'd take a punt but i'd be very wary of spending big on a one season wonder from Ayr

Dalianwanda
07-01-2019, 08:56 AM
I dont know how good Shankland is, or if it would work out, but given the buzz and (reported) interest in him, it would be a serious statement of intent if we were to go out and get him.

The kind of statement i really feel the club has to make.

If Maclaren is away, i presume we will be after two new strikers, as well as the midfielders.

Is Cummings still a possibility also?

If there’s championship clubs in for him we won’t be able to compete with what they can offer full stop.

Stuart93
07-01-2019, 09:53 AM
Think Shankland would be worth the risk if we could get him at a reasonable price

My_Wife_Camille
07-01-2019, 10:00 AM
It’s possible but if you look at their stats Reilly never managed to score more than 13 league goals in a whole season yet Shankland has 20 this season already and we’re only half way though (He actually has 28 goals overall).

In fact Shankland has about 20 more career goals than Reilly even though he’s played about 50 fewer games is also telling imo

MrRobot
07-01-2019, 10:05 AM
I'm of the same opinion. If it was a free transfer i'd take a punt but i'd be very wary of spending big on a one season wonder from Ayr

There are people who want Jason Cummings signed again due to his goalscoring record while in the Championship.

Think he's worth a shot.

The 90+2
07-01-2019, 10:08 AM
He’s had 3 phenomenal seasons if you take into account when he came through at QP too. Aberdeen came too early for him and was away from home at an early age trying to become a pro. He will definitely make it at a higher level than our league.

truehibernian
07-01-2019, 10:26 AM
He’s had 3 phenomenal seasons if you take into account when he came through at QP too. Aberdeen came too early for him and was away from home at an early age trying to become a pro. He will definitely make it at a higher level than our league.

I hope Hibs are in for him and he (Shankland) could do no worse than look at the progression of John McGinn to see how to really progress up the levels, in the right way, and be able to not look out of place as they progress. SJM has slotted into the English Championship as a 'first pick' at Villa due to careful management and great coaching at Hibs, who capitalised on and improved his raw natural ability at St. Mirren. Both these clubs should be praised for the way they developed him (SJM). Andrew Robertson was the same, went from Queens Park, to Dundee United, to Hull and then Liverpool. It's these players who the likes of Shankland should be looking at and using as a blueprint for career moves.

Too many players chase the money and lucrative contracts and end up sitting in stands down in England only to return on loan or be released. The only place Shankland has proved himself thus far is in the lower Scottish divisions (he failed at Aberdeen)...........a club like Hibs could help his natural progression, against better teams and up against better defences, and really improve his chances of getting a big club down south where he would have a better chance of making it as a 'first pick'.

I think LS is a very good talent but he is a prospect at this stage, no more and no less. Would happily take him at Hibs but not by blowing a budget.

Dalianwanda
07-01-2019, 10:26 AM

Was Hyndman not brought in for that role...Not saying he played it or played that well but thought initially that was why he was here.

Danderhall Hibs
07-01-2019, 10:31 AM

They were in admin before liquidation :dunno:

JeMeSouviens
07-01-2019, 10:32 AM

Their predecessors went into admin and were subsequently liquidated. The current occupants of Ibrox haven't suffered either (yet).

Radium
07-01-2019, 10:37 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190107/50c31189ea9fccd79d86f147253215e6.jpg

Talk was they wanted to extend his loan

MacGruber
07-01-2019, 10:45 AM

They have already signed his replacement - centre half from Leeds on loan.

jeffers
07-01-2019, 10:49 AM
Was Hyndman not brought in for that role...Not saying he played it or played that well but thought initially that was why he was here.

I remember reading that and the chat that he was only here til January til we could get Scott Allan. I genuinely wasn’t sure what jacomo meant when he said we replaced him or what player he was suggesting had done so. Clearly if it was Hyndman that didn’t work out as intended.

The 90+2
07-01-2019, 10:49 AM

He’s a good player, delighted he’s gone.

CropleyWasGod
07-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Their predecessors went into admin and were subsequently liquidated. The current occupants of Ibrox haven't suffered either (yet).

To be ultra-pedantic, they haven't been liquidated yet. That may be years away.

The 90+2
07-01-2019, 10:52 AM
I hope Hibs are in for him and he (Shankland) could do no worse than look at the progression of John McGinn to see how to really progress up the levels, in the right way, and be able to not look out of place as they progress. SJM has slotted into the English Championship as a 'first pick' at Villa due to careful management and great coaching at Hibs, who capitalised on and improved his raw natural ability at St. Mirren. Both these clubs should be praised for the way they developed him (SJM). Andrew Robertson was the same, went from Queens Park, to Dundee United, to Hull and then Liverpool. It's these players who the likes of Shankland should be looking at and using as a blueprint for career moves.

Too many players chase the money and lucrative contracts and end up sitting in stands down in England only to return on loan or be released. The only place Shankland has proved himself thus far is in the lower Scottish divisions (he failed at Aberdeen)...........a club like Hibs could help his natural progression, against better teams and up against better defences, and really improve his chances of getting a big club down south where he would have a better chance of making it as a 'first pick'.

I think LS is a very good talent but he is a prospect at this stage, no more and no less. Would happily take him at Hibs but not by blowing a budget.

Fully agree with that, and I’m hoping that with Shankland being a former teammate of Robertson he will go down that route too although big bucks in the English championship will of course be hard to turn down. I would be delightfully surprised if we managed to get Shankland in (maybe send Shaw on loan the other way?) but stranger things have happened and at least we seem to have at least enquired about him.

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2019, 10:59 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThey've already signed a replacement tho....say what you like about them but they don't hang about ...unlike us

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JeMeSouviens
07-01-2019, 11:01 AM
To be ultra-pedantic, they haven't been liquidated yet. That may be years away.

Damn it! I nearly typed out "and are in the process of being liquidated" but decided nobody would pull me up for it.

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2019, 11:01 AM
Fully agree with that, and I’m hoping that with Shankland being a former teammate of Robertson he will go down that route too although big bucks in the English championship will of course be hard to turn down. I would be delightfully surprised if we managed to get Shankland in (maybe send Shaw on loan the other way?) but stranger things have happened and at least we seem to have at least enquired about him.Sending Shaw the other way for rest of season might well be a goer...would be a good sweetener for Ayr and I think would also do Ollie the world of good for his development at a slightly lower level

Elephant Stone
07-01-2019, 11:03 AM
They've already signed a replacement tho....say what you like about them but they don't hang about ...unlike us

:faf:

Heisenberg
07-01-2019, 11:06 AM
From the DR...

Hibs had a scout in Portugal at the weekend – but it wasn’t to run the rule over Ryan Gauld.

As the “Scottish Messi” starred for Farense against Arouco, it has been claimed by Scouts In Attendance the Easter Road club had a talent-spotter taking in Belenenses v Vitoria Guimaraes more than 300km away.

Sporting Lisbon’s Gauld will travel to Dubai tomorrow to conclude his six-month loan agreement with Neil Lennon’s side.

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2019, 11:09 AM
:faf:If that's a sarcastic comment fair enough mate but we knew McGinn and Dylan were leaving in Summer and yet never had replacements lined up...same as with Efe this window. There does appear a lack of forward planning at Hibs at present in terms of recruitment - hence all these 6 month loans

SirDavidsNapper
07-01-2019, 11:12 AM
From the DR...

Hibs had a scout in Portugal at the weekend – but it wasn’t to run the rule over Ryan Gauld.

As the “Scottish Messi” starred for Farense against Arouco, it has been claimed by Scouts In Attendance the Easter Road club had a talent-spotter taking in Belenenses v Vitoria Guimaraes more than 300km away.

Sporting Lisbon’s Gauld will travel to Dubai tomorrow to conclude his six-month loan agreement with Neil Lennon’s side.

I hope Belenenses aren't still in the huff from 1961

Zazu62
07-01-2019, 11:18 AM
They've already signed a replacement tho....say what you like about them but they don't hang about ...unlike us

Say what u like about the yams but they seem to have a decent scouting system

JeMeSouviens
07-01-2019, 11:23 AM
I hope Belenenses aren't still in the huff from 1961

They've been going through a crisis and there are now 2 Belenenses!

https://portugoal.net/club-news/945-a-tale-of-two-belems

Dalianwanda
07-01-2019, 11:23 AM

Who’s to say we’re hanging about? We have no idea of the effort being made or approach to getting the best folk in.

pacoluna
07-01-2019, 11:24 AM

What like last season?

SquashedFrogg
07-01-2019, 11:25 AM

Seriously? Have you forgotten about the 60 odd players they have signed over the last few years?

Most of who have been garbage, many of whom have been paid off, loaned out?

I'm hoping I'm experiencing a good old fashioned 'woosh' moment.

Beefster
07-01-2019, 11:26 AM
If that's a sarcastic comment fair enough mate but we knew McGinn and Dylan were leaving in Summer and yet never had replacements lined up...same as with Efe this window. There does appear a lack of forward planning at Hibs at present in terms of recruitment - hence all these 6 month loans

Both Dunne and this new defender are on loan. Kind of makes your argument lauding Hearts for doing loans whilst criticising Hibs for doing loans a bit weird, no?

PS How did Hibs know Ambrose was leaving before he told them? The only player that Hibs had advance notice of leaving was McGeouch. I'm pretty sure that Mallan and/or Milligan would be viewed as a replacement.

silverhibee
07-01-2019, 11:29 AM
We are definitely interested in shankland along with plenty other side's . Our interest has been made known and contact with Ayr took place but as far am I'm led to believe this was over a week ago

His agent is on holiday just now.

FilipinoHibs
07-01-2019, 11:30 AM
I was once in the coop in the Southside and overheard Leigh Griffiths granny say he was joining Celtic during his second loan spell at Hibs. I put on here and was laughed at. I have nothing concrete so far in this window.

Billy Whizz

During the transfer window, bizarre

Danderhall Hibs

What a mental time for a football agent to go on holiday!

JDHibs
07-01-2019, 11:32 AM

No they dont.

They get 1 or 2 decent players out of 10.

Ask any Hearts fan, the amount of duds they sign is unbelievable.

CapitalGreen
07-01-2019, 11:33 AM
From the DR...

Possibly looking at Alhassan Wakaso?

Ghanian defensive midfielder. Lennon signed his brother while Celtic manager.

itslegaltender
07-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Possibly looking at Alhassan Wakaso?

Ghanian defensive midfielder. Lennon signed his brother while Celtic manager.

this is why Hibs.net is Gold on transfer windows. away wikipediing him the now

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2019, 11:36 AM
Both Dunne and this new defender are on loan. Kind of makes your argument lauding Hearts for doing loans whilst criticising Hibs for doing loans a bit weird, no?

PS How did Hibs know Ambrose was leaving before he told them? The only player that Hibs had advance notice of leaving was McGeouch. I'm pretty sure that Mallan and/or Milligan would be viewed as a replacement.Hibs have known for a while Ambrose was off - that came from Lennon to a source back in Nov.

If Milligan and Mallan were replacements for Dylan and SJM then I will leave that to you to decide if both were even remotely adequately replaced??

I don't want to be critical but our recruitment over the summer was poor and late...and it's cost us big time this season so far.

Hence why i would like to see players signed early and ready to go against Elgin on 19th Jan.

Look at how undercooked we were at start of season with players signed late in the window, unfit, permit issues etc.

Only want to see my club do well and I don't feel recruitment has been great since Lennon took over - other than the Jan window last year.

brog
07-01-2019, 11:37 AM
They were in admin before liquidation :dunno:

I know but saying they could go into admin again is like saying someone who died from malaria could catch malaria again! :wink:

Mick O'Rourke
07-01-2019, 11:40 AM

They do when it comes to building "state of the art" (their term) mega structures....
.not to mention paying debts :greengrin

CapitalGreen
07-01-2019, 11:40 AM
this is why Hibs.net is Gold on transfer windows. away wikipediing him the now

Only signed for them in August and has played a lot for them so would seem doubtful however.

Radium
07-01-2019, 11:46 AM

Yeah, I remember the excitement when we brought in an Arsenal youth captain.

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2019, 11:47 AM
They do when it comes to building "state of the art" (their term) mega structures....
.not to mention paying debts :greengrinHaha very true [emoji1787]

sambajustice
07-01-2019, 11:52 AM
The current Celtic and Rangers signing policies are quite interesting. Rangers signing old proven players and Celtic signing youngsters.

I know most signings are loans but celtic seem to turn those loans into transfers and subsequently larger transfer fees down the line.

On the face of it, rangers looked to have really strengthened but I'm not sure signing old proven players for the Scottish league is a good idea. Barton and Senderos had nightmares at the the Huns. They've also filled their team with a few older players, McGregor, Arfield, Defoe, Davis, some boy that was at West Brom. Expensive and might not guarantee the league.

Maybe it's **** or bust for them this season.

CRAZYHIBBY
07-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Have to say im not liking the photos of them training in dubai...doesnt seem to be a togetherness there ...maybe just bad photos or it was taken after a hard session. Also never seen kamberi in the photos

Zazu62
07-01-2019, 12:10 PM
Shaun Byrne from Livi?

Heisenberg
07-01-2019, 12:19 PM
Have to say im not liking the photos of them training in dubai...doesnt seem to be a togetherness there ...maybe just bad photos or it was taken after a hard session. Also never seen kamberi in the photos

I’m sure it would’ve been widely reported by now if Flo wasn’t there.

flash
07-01-2019, 12:21 PM

He is there 100%.

IWasThere2016
07-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Shaun Byrne from Livi?

Aye, in EEN - he is decent IMHO

Billy Whizz

He’s in one of the photos on Hibs twitter

Allant1981
He is there 100%.

He is in a few of the official pics

SlickShoes

It looks like a tiring session, I am sure people would be up in arms if it looked like they were having too much fun due to our current league position.

Heisenberg
07-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Shaun Byrne from Livi?

Seems like he’s made the step up with ease. Under contract for another 18 months I think so would demand a fee. Would take him.

Diclonius
07-01-2019, 12:27 PM
Guessing as Dundee want him as a replacement for Kamara he's a ball winning CM?

bingo70
07-01-2019, 12:31 PM
Seems like he’s made the step up with ease. Under contract for another 18 months I think so would demand a fee. Would take him.

The article in the Courier says he's out of contract in the summer.

I'd be surprised if we were interested in him with 18 months left on his deal.

Heisenberg
07-01-2019, 12:41 PM
The article in the Courier says he's out of contract in the summer.

I'd be surprised if we were interested in him with 18 months left on his deal.

Think that’s Kamara they were on about. Mentions Byrne having a year and a half left near the top of the article.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/796729/exclusive-dundee-interested-in-livingstons-shaun-byrne/amp/

Mr Grieves
07-01-2019, 12:45 PM
From the DR...

I've no sources or any of that nonsense, but could it be this guy?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dálcio

Spent a short time at Rangers when Caixinha was manager

The_Horde
07-01-2019, 12:47 PM
Guessing as Dundee want him as a replacement for Kamara he's a ball winning CM?

He's an energetic midfielder who specialises in winning second balls but does have ability on the ball too.

Pittman runs about 13-15k per game which is nuts.

pacoluna
07-01-2019, 12:48 PM
Hibs have known for a while Ambrose was off - that came from Lennon to a source back in Nov.

If Milligan and Mallan were replacements for Dylan and SJM then I will leave that to you to decide if both were even remotely adequately replaced??

I don't want to be critical but our recruitment over the summer was poor and late...and it's cost us big time this season so far.

Hence why i would like to see players signed early and ready to go against Elgin on 19th Jan.

Look at how undercooked we were at start of season with players signed late in the window, unfit, permit issues etc.

Only want to see my club do well and I don't feel recruitment has been great since Lennon took over - other than the Jan window last year.

You can't have expected us to properly replace a 4million rated player within one season?

hibbyfraelibby
07-01-2019, 12:52 PM
Hibs have known for a while Ambrose was off - that came from Lennon to a source back in Nov.

Milligan and Mallan couldnt replace a light bulb nevermind SJM or Dylan

flash
07-01-2019, 01:00 PM

That's the spirit.

HoboHarry
07-01-2019, 01:02 PM
Seriously, how old are you?

Borderhibbie76
You can't have expected us to properly replace a 4million rated player within one season?No in all honestly but we haven't even come close have we... to replacing either of them.

Allant1981

Pish

The 90+2
07-01-2019, 01:03 PM
I was once in the coop in the Southside and overheard Leigh Griffiths granny say he was joining Celtic during his second loan spell at Hibs. I put on here and was laughed at. I have nothing concrete so far in this window.

Was quite believable until the part where coop south side closed a couple months back 👍

My_Wife_Camille
07-01-2019, 01:04 PM
That's the spirit.

Seriously, how old are you?
Would love to hear some actual input from you guys for once instead of the scary comments.

Not In The Know
07-01-2019, 01:04 PM

jeez... how can you be negative about those photos? Along with throwing in a bit mischief saying "is Flo even there?" I take it you are bored.

calumhibee1
07-01-2019, 01:07 PM
He's an energetic midfielder who specialises in winning second balls but does have ability on the ball too.

That’s been mentioned on here before (not sure if it was by you). I have my doubts as to the accuracy of that but if it’s true then that’s ridiculous.

SirDavidsNapper
07-01-2019, 01:10 PM
They've been going through a crisis and there are now 2 Belenenses!

https://portugoal.net/club-news/945-a-tale-of-two-belems

Bizzare!

Diclonius
07-01-2019, 01:11 PM

Sounds good.

cabbageandribs1875
07-01-2019, 01:19 PM
Was quite believable until the part where coop south side closed a couple months back 👍

his 2nd loan spell was a few years back, no ?

MacGruber
07-01-2019, 01:21 PM
You can't have expected us to properly replace a 4million rated player within one season?

I agree that you are correct, it was virtually impossible to do that on our budget.
I think the frustration though is that we still expected to replace to a level that kept us ahead of most of the other teams that finished below us last year - I think we failed in that much.... however.... the Jan transfer window offers the chance to put that right. Allan and Gauld would go a long way to doing just that

Radium
07-01-2019, 01:30 PM
jeez... how can you be negative about those photos? Along with throwing in a bit mischief saying "is Flo even there?" I take it you are bored.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190107/8a8de7a31db96480ec6263484e01d689.jpg

Good to see that Porteous is there too

worcesterhibby
07-01-2019, 01:41 PM
I hate to break up all the bickering with a transfer related question...but is there any confirmation that Gauld has actually signed ?

Billy Whizz
07-01-2019, 01:42 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190107/8a8de7a31db96480ec6263484e01d689.jpg

Good to see that Porteous is there too

Someone on yesterday replied to me, saying he wasn’t in Dubai?

Unseen work
07-01-2019, 01:43 PM
Anther thread that ends up in folk having a dig at Mallan and other players.

Sometimes folk forget that Allan, McGinn, McGeough and others had the fortune of starting with us in the championship where we dominated most games and gained invaluable confidence. The same level Mallan excelled at and got a move to the championship.

Mallan is still young and technically very good, once we have a settled team with a good balance everyone will see just how good he is.

Callum_62
07-01-2019, 01:44 PM
I hate to break up all the bickering with a transfer related question...but is there any confirmation that Gauld has actually signed ?

Not yet - expected Wednesday

bingo70

No.

If it's official confirmation you're waiting for it will be on the official website when it's confirmed.

I think the suggestion is he will join up with the team in Dubai today and go through his medical tomorrow.

cleanyman
Pish

He's not far off

The 90+2
07-01-2019, 01:46 PM
Anther thread that ends up in folk having a dig at Mallan and other players.

Sometimes folk forget that Allan, McGinn, McGeough and others had the fortune of starting with us in the championship where we dominated most games and gained invaluable confidence. The same level Mallan excelled at and got a move to the championship.

Mallan is still young and technically very good, once we have a settled team with a good balance everyone will see just how good he is.

As much as I do agree in whole about Mallan. A transfer thread is exactly where you would probably see posts with digs at players some want replaced?

Leitherhibs
07-01-2019, 01:48 PM
Shaun byrne, Livi, out of contract in the summer - Linked with him in EEN. Vast majority of that Livi squad are on 1 year deals, any others we should go for?

04Sauzee
07-01-2019, 01:59 PM
Shaun byrne, Livi, out of contract in the summer - Linked with him in EEN. Vast majority of that Livi squad are on 1 year deals, any others we should go for?

Halkett and Pittman would be good additions

matty_f
07-01-2019, 02:03 PM
As much as I do agree in whole about Mallan. A transfer thread is exactly where you would probably see posts with digs at players some want replaced?

I think most folk, as supporters of the club, would prefer that the players weren't having digs thrown at them at all.

Criticism, fair enough, but the digs - nah, not for me.

Allant1981
07-01-2019, 02:05 PM
He's not far off

Aye ok

hibsbollah
07-01-2019, 02:08 PM
I honestly can't believe this thread. It's like noone cares about staying on topic. Any chance of starting again?

BegbieHSC
07-01-2019, 02:08 PM

Lenny just confirmed on SSN, and said although it’s just a loan, it may be made permanent if it suits both parties.

BegbieHSC
07-01-2019, 02:10 PM
GAULD STAR Ryan Gauld to Hibs – Neil Lennon refuses to rule out permanent move for incoming Sporting Lisbon starletThe Hibees have pulled off a massive coup by landing the Sporting Lisbon midfielder on loan until the summer

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3716206/ryan-gauld-neil-lennon-hibs-refuse-to-rule-out-permanent-move-transfer-news-easter-road/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1546873143 (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3716206/ryan-gauld-neil-lennon-hibs-refuse-to-rule-out-permanent-move-transfer-news-easter-road/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1546873143)

Speedway
07-01-2019, 02:13 PM

Agreed. No one running around with their tadgers out or pulling anyone else's shorts down.

It's almost like the Yogi Players Charter of 2009 has been forgotten.

Onceinawhile
07-01-2019, 02:15 PM
GAULD STAR Ryan Gauld to Hibs – Neil Lennon refuses to rule out permanent move for incoming Sporting Lisbon starlet

The Hibees have pulled off a massive coup by landing the Sporting Lisbon midfielder on loan until the summer

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3716206/ryan-gauld-neil-lennon-hibs-refuse-to-rule-out-permanent-move-transfer-news-easter-road/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1546873143 (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3716206/ryan-gauld-neil-lennon-hibs-refuse-to-rule-out-permanent-move-transfer-news-easter-road/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1546873143)

Sporting club de portugal - not sporting Lisbon!!!:grr::grr:

Speedway
07-01-2019, 02:17 PM
GAULD STAR Ryan Gauld to Hibs – Neil Lennon refuses to rule out permanent move for incoming Sporting Lisbon starletThe Hibees have pulled off a massive coup by landing the Sporting Lisbon midfielder on loan until the summer

I wonder if we've done one of those 'pre-agreed fee' deals here as we did Kamberi and MacLaren?

MrRobot
07-01-2019, 02:19 PM

Imagine the uproar if Kamberi was picture enjoying himself at training.

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2019, 02:20 PM
Agreed. No one running around with their tadgers out or pulling anyone else's shorts down.

It's almost like the Yogi Players Charter of 2009 has been forgotten.

:faf: Another genuine laugh out loud moment. :top marks

JimBHibees
07-01-2019, 02:22 PM
I think most folk, as supporters of the club, would prefer that the players weren't having digs thrown at them at all.

Totally agree. Constructive criticism fair enough endlessly slating a player isnt really supporting IMO.

Brightside
07-01-2019, 02:24 PM
I honestly can't believe this thread. It's like noone cares about staying on topic. Any chance of starting again?

Its embarrassing. Can we not just have a thread about potentials transfers. ITS NOT THAT HARD.

JeMeSouviens
07-01-2019, 02:29 PM
Sporting club de portugal - not sporting Lisbon!!!:grr::grr:

If you're going to be that picky: it's actually "Sporting Clube de Portugal". :wink:

soul_driver
07-01-2019, 02:30 PM

Excellent news.

Squealing pig
07-01-2019, 02:31 PM
Welcome Ryan gauld

CallumLaidlaw
07-01-2019, 02:33 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3709922/celtic-scott-allan-brendan-rodgers-lewis-morgan/

alihibs1
07-01-2019, 02:36 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3709922/celtic-scott-allan-brendan-rodgers-lewis-morgan/

Let’s just hope it’s Hibs he goes to

Heisenberg
07-01-2019, 02:36 PM

Not really talking up a move to Hibs for Allan. Just said how good Aberdeen were for Christie. Gauld and Allan in the same midfield with us could be very good, hopefully there’s a chance we can make it happen.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-01-2019, 02:37 PM
Imagine the uproar if Kamberi was picture enjoying himself at training.

or if he looked miserable

Just pure unadulterated uproar whatever

Billy Whizz
07-01-2019, 02:39 PM
Let’s just hope it’s Hibs he goes to

Morgan has been linked with Jack Ross at Sunderland

The 90+2
07-01-2019, 02:40 PM

Yeah I see your point between debating if they are good enough and sly digs 👍

Hibbyradge
07-01-2019, 02:42 PM

You've got to love these headline writers. :faf:

Neil Lennon refuses to rule out permanent move for incoming Sporting Lisbon starlet

Sun reporter: Would you rule out a permanent move for Ryan Gauld?

Neil Lennon: No, we'll see what happens.

Sun: Will you rule out a permanent move for the Sporting Lisbon starlet, please?

NL: No, I won't.

Sun: Rule it out, Neil.

NL: I'm not going to.

Sun: Come on man, rule out a permanent move.

NL: I won't. I refuse to rule it out. I refuse to. Leave me alone. ( Puts fingers in ears) La la la la la la.

alihibs1
07-01-2019, 02:42 PM
Morgan has been linked with Jack Ross at Sunderland

More Scott Allan part of the article

The 90+2
07-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Excellent news.

Yep. Looks like we may have a similar deal to the one we have with Flo’ which is an incredible bit of business.

The 90+2
07-01-2019, 02:44 PM
You've got to love these headline writers. :faf:

Neil Lennon refuses to rule out permanent move for incoming Sporting Lisbon starlet

Sun reporter: Would you rule out a permanent move for Ryan Gauld?

Neil Lennon: No, we'll see what happens.

Sun: Will you rule out a permanent move for the Sporting Lisbon starlet, please?

NL: No, I won't.

Sun: Rule it out, Neil.

NL: I'm not going to.

Sun: Come on man, rule out a permanent move.

NL: I won't. I refuse to rule it out. I refuse to. Leave me alone. ( Puts fingers in ears) La la la la la la.

There’s a possibility if it suits both parties reads to me if it suits us and the player we have an option to buy, otherwise it wouldn’t be possible.

There was never a possibility of Allan staying on permanent after last winter for instance and was explained a good few times by NL.

Hibbyradge
07-01-2019, 02:48 PM
There’s a possibility if it suits both parties reads to me if it suits us and the player we have an option to buy, otherwise it wouldn’t be possible.

There was never a possibility of Allan staying on permanent after last winter for instance and was explained a good few times by NL.

:confused:

My post was a light-hearted look at the headline writer's use of the word "refuse".

WhileTheChief..
07-01-2019, 02:53 PM
If you're going to be that picky: it's actually "Sporting Clube de Portugal". :wink:

And if you want anyone to know who the hell you’re talking about you say Sporting Lisbon!

SRHibs
07-01-2019, 02:56 PM

Yeah, seems to be another Kamberi type deal. If we can get Allan in, a ball-winning midfielder, and another striker, I’d be pretty damn happy with our squad.

JimboHibs
07-01-2019, 03:05 PM
Yep. Looks like we may have a similar deal to the one we have with Flo’ which is an incredible bit of business.

No it doesnt !

silverhibee
07-01-2019, 03:22 PM
During the transfer window, bizarre

What a mental time for a football agent to go on holiday!

He could be away to Dubia for a holiday and some work.

Billy Whizz
07-01-2019, 03:24 PM
He could be away to Dubia for a holiday and some work.

Tell me more SH

The 90+2
07-01-2019, 03:28 PM
No it doesnt !

If it suits both parties a perm deal is possible - what does that mean then?

SirDavidsNapper
07-01-2019, 03:32 PM
Yeah, seems to be another Kamberi type deal. If we can get Allan in, a ball-winning midfielder, and another striker, I’d be pretty damn happy with our squad.

Not so sure about that. We loaned Kamberi with an option to buy. Lennon only saying he wouldn't rule it out this time. Sounds more in hope than having a deal in place for the summer. Either way the summer transfer thread will be a hoot! Trying to figure out where he is from the reflection in his sunglasses etc. Can't wait :rolleyes:

Ozyhibby
07-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Let’s wait and see if he is any good before we worry about having him next season.

Diclonius
07-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Lennon wants two strikers. (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-i-want-to-bolster-my-hibs-squad-with-two-strikers-1-4852922?fbclid=IwAR1tTM9xrycZgcwT52xui0TWMNbhbAUec 3BVt5qC0sO8uYaFtE7WJkr8-5o)

cabbageandribs1875
07-01-2019, 03:50 PM

so again, his 2nd loan spell was years ago not just a few months back....:aok:

cabbageandribs1875
07-01-2019, 03:54 PM
Lennon wants two strikers. (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-i-want-to-bolster-my-hibs-squad-with-two-strikers-1-4852922?fbclid=IwAR1tTM9xrycZgcwT52xui0TWMNbhbAUec 3BVt5qC0sO8uYaFtE7WJkr8-5o)

“We want to bring in strikers,” said Lennon. “If we can bring two in then great, but we’re hoping to at least bring one in just to add to what we have here

which suggests Oli/Flo/Jmac are all staying :)

The 90+2
07-01-2019, 04:03 PM
so again, his 2nd loan spell was years ago not just a few months back....:aok:

True, I didn’t see during our second loan spell with us part, was finishing work 😂

JimboHibs
07-01-2019, 04:09 PM
If it suits both parties a perm deal is possible - what does that mean then?

Not that we have 1st option to buy him for an amount like we had with Kamberi !!

You said its similar to the Kamberi deal ? I dont see anything printed that suggests that.

SChibs
07-01-2019, 04:20 PM
Not that we have 1st option to buy him for an amount like we had with Kamberi !!

You said its similar to the Kamberi deal ? I dont see anything printed that suggests that.

Probably just speculation based on what has been said and we know Hibs have done this previously.

Hibernia&Alba
07-01-2019, 04:23 PM
Welcome Ryan gauld

Confirmed?

Squealing pig
07-01-2019, 04:26 PM
Confirmed?

Read he’s joining with the club in Dubai to seal 6 month loan deal didn’t you?

Hibernia&Alba
07-01-2019, 04:27 PM
Read he’s joining with the club in Dubai to seal 6 month loan deal didn’t you?

Haven't been keeping up today. Very pleased, if that's the case.

Squealing pig
07-01-2019, 04:29 PM
Also Lennon quoted as saying it could end up permanent , and on another article quoted as saying wants to bring in at least 1 striker hopefully 2

Oscar T Grouch
07-01-2019, 04:30 PM
Haven't been keeping up today. Very pleased, if that's the case.

I think Lennon confirmed on SSN but it's not on the official site yet.

The 90+2
07-01-2019, 04:30 PM

Kamberi and the first option was only disclosed towards the end of the deal though?

Hibernia&Alba
07-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Also Lennon quoted as saying it could end up permanent , and on another article quoted as saying wants to bring in at least 1 striker hopefully 2

Cheers. This thread has become such a mess, I cannae be ersed ploughing through it all.

Looking forward to seeing Gauld: he's exactly the creative player we need.:agree:

Hibernia&Alba
07-01-2019, 04:33 PM
I think Lennon confirmed on SSN but it's not on the official site yet.

Great signing :agree:

Souter96Mac
07-01-2019, 04:38 PM
Good start to the window.

we are hibs
07-01-2019, 04:42 PM
“We want to bring in strikers,” said Lennon. “If we can bring two in then great, but we’re hoping to at least bring one in just to add to what we have here

which suggests Oli/Flo/Jmac are all staying :)

You would think if all are staying that we are looking at a target man coming in.

hfc rd
07-01-2019, 04:46 PM
Good to see Ryan Gauld signed up. Hoping Scott Allan is next along with a striker or two that Lennon mentioned.

Hibernia&Alba
07-01-2019, 04:47 PM
Good to see Ryan Gauld signed up. Hoping Scott Allan is next along with a striker or two that Lennon mentioned.

A centre back to replace Efe would be braw tae.

Sioux
07-01-2019, 04:50 PM

Ok you 'know' that the deal is not the same as the Kamberi one. How do you know?

When it is said that there's a possibility of the loan being extended if it suits both parties, what do you think that means?

The Harp Awakes
07-01-2019, 04:51 PM
A centre back to replace Efe would be braw tae.

And a ball winning midfielder please.

we are hibs
07-01-2019, 04:55 PM
Michael O'Halloran just been released by Melbourne city

cabbageandribs1875
07-01-2019, 04:57 PM
You would think if all are staying that we are looking at a target man coming in.

if our midfield prefer lumping it up front then yes we desperately need a big lad

Stuart93
07-01-2019, 04:58 PM
Michael O'Halloran just been released by Melbourne city

Said a week or so ago he would return to Scotland, I’d take him

Hibs90
07-01-2019, 05:00 PM
Need a box-to-box midfielder, someone with a bit of dig and someone who can pass and tackle. Bit worrying that this hasn't been mentioned by Lennon but I'm sure he knows. Also need to replace Efe. At least 1 striker + Allan too.

Not panicking yet but if we don't sort the midfield by the end of this month then we are ****ed.

BegbieHSC
07-01-2019, 05:02 PM

andy1875
07-01-2019, 05:03 PM
Need a box-to-box midfielder, someone with a bit of dig and someone who can pass and tackle to play. Bit worrying that this hasn't been mentioned by Lennon but I'm sure he knows. Also need to replace Efe. At least 1 striker + Allan too.

Not panicking yet but if we don't sort the midfield by the end of this month then we are ****ed.

He’s said something very similar in his interview with Sky Sports today. He talks about trying to replace John McGinn - although we know how difficult this is.

Hibernian32
07-01-2019, 05:08 PM
scott Allan had the same sort of quote on insta yesterday, could be signs

Hibs90
07-01-2019, 05:11 PM
He’s said something very similar in his interview with Sky Sports today. He talks about trying to replace John McGinn - although we know how difficult this is.

Got a link? Missed this. If true at least he knows then :greengrin

SMAXXA
07-01-2019, 05:18 PM
I think it’s more likely we will get Allan and Aberdeen would get someone like Morgan given the Huns strengthening and Celtic would potentially want to see a stronger opposition to take more points of the Huns as loan player won’t be able to play against them. Just a theory 😉

Callum_62
07-01-2019, 05:20 PM
scott Allan had the same sort of quote on insta yesterday, could be signs

Arnt they just responding to the “Gauld must be in there” comment

sambajustice
07-01-2019, 05:25 PM
I think we're looking at 4 out and 4 in

04Sauzee
07-01-2019, 05:33 PM
I think we're looking at 4 out and 4 in

3 gone already. Not sure if Nelom will go and Agyepong. Reckon we are looking for 5 in especially if Boyle is out for a while.

Heisenberg
07-01-2019, 05:36 PM
Lennon says no plans to replace Efe. Hopefully means an end to 3-5-2.

Hibeesmad
07-01-2019, 05:40 PM

I think it would be difficult to replace someone of Efe’s standard in January. Porteous, McGregor, Hanlon and Milligan can all play there so I’d be surprised to see a centre half come in

The_Horde
07-01-2019, 05:41 PM

That's scandalous if true. We're one injury away from a CB crisis and one away from a crisis at RB.

Surely he means immediately?

BILLYHIBS
07-01-2019, 05:41 PM
NHC but Ross MacCormack looks a good signing for Motherwell

Hope his electronic gates work :greengrin

LustForLeith
07-01-2019, 05:42 PM

Is that not about introducing vegan sausages rolls at Easter Road?

Tom Hart RIP
07-01-2019, 05:43 PM
Scotsman says we are looking at Shaun Byrne from Livi

pacoluna
In a sudden reversal of fortune efe boarded the plane and signed a 3 year deal.

Hibbyradge
Need a box-to-box midfielder, someone with a bit of dig and someone who can pass and tackle. Bit worrying that this hasn't been mentioned by Lennon but I'm sure he knows. Also need to replace Efe. At least 1 striker + Allan too.

https://www.skysports.com/app/transfer/news/12691/11601289/hibernian-boss-neil-lennon-outlines-plans-to-bring-in-two-strikers-in-january

Allant1981
07-01-2019, 05:54 PM
https://www.skysports.com/app/transfer/news/12691/11601289/hibernian-boss-neil-lennon-outlines-plans-to-bring-in-two-strikers-in-january

Seemed quite a positive interview, the sun must bring the best out in him!!!

jeffers
07-01-2019, 05:55 PM
Encouraging interview from NL, hopefully the deal agreed with Gauld is similar to the one we agreed when Flo came on loan. Also pleased to hear him say the board were backing him, just as they did in the summer.

HoboHarry
07-01-2019, 05:57 PM
In a sudden reversal of fortune efe boarded the plane and signed a 3 year deal.
And in other news, Hobo Harry won a gazzilion squillion dollars on the lottery and financed a deal to bring in Virgil Van Dijk to partner Efe.......

Lago
07-01-2019, 06:08 PM
Vegan sausage rolls, an oxymoron if ever there was one

calumhibee1
07-01-2019, 06:16 PM
Seemed quite a positive interview, the sun must bring the best out in him!!!

Must have sun stroke :greengrin

Centre Hawf
07-01-2019, 06:20 PM

Very good interview from Neil. I enjoy him a lot more when he's like this. Good to see that he said he knows the strikers can do better and hopes new faces will kick start competition for places, also that he wants a box to box player. Taht last bit is so important for me because for all the Gaulds and Scott Allans being linked around the club theres absolutely no point in having them if we can't go out and sign someone to help them shine.:aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-01-2019, 06:28 PM
Very good interview from Neil. I enjoy him a lot more when he's like this. Good to see that he said he knows the strikers can do better and hopes new faces will kick start competition for places, also that he wants a box to box player. Taht last bit is so important for me because for all the Gaulds and Scott Allans being linked around the club theres absolutely no point in having them if we can't go out and sign someone to help them shine.:aok:

I also hope we’re looking at a winger!

Lee Marvin
07-01-2019, 06:28 PM
Did anyone else take from the interview that the loan may be longer than 6 months? I think that is what he could be meaning upon watching

Elephant Stone
07-01-2019, 06:30 PM

"Rangers are really putting statements out" :hilarious

elevengoats
07-01-2019, 06:32 PM

Ahh... you wish

neil7908
07-01-2019, 06:34 PM

I've been quite critical of Lenny at times but that's a much more positive interview for me. Gauld will be an interesting one, although I'm not getting carried away given how long it's been since he played in Scotland.

Good to get the first signing in and hopefully we'll add 2-3 more in the next couple of weeks.

BegbieHSC
07-01-2019, 06:46 PM

Hope so btw! They’re brilliant! Macaroni pies at Easter Road are pish, so gie us veggies an option 😂😂😂

Crab apple
07-01-2019, 07:04 PM
Hope so btw! They’re brilliant! Macaroni pies at Easter Road are pish, so gie us veggies an option 😂😂😂

Wish i could get one! Don’t know how you’re getting them. Every Greggs i go to say the only Edinburgh store selling them is princes mall and even that sells out by lunchtime. Petrie!

1875Sean
07-01-2019, 07:06 PM
Who the keeper Lenny is going on about? Must mean laidlaw is going

hibees 7062
07-01-2019, 07:08 PM
Said a week or so ago he would return to Scotland, I’d take him

Someone on fb said we're in for him

DavidDavidGray
07-01-2019, 07:10 PM
Scott Allan just started following Ryan Gauld on instagram. Would include screenshot but can’t figure out how.

Blaster
07-01-2019, 07:13 PM
Gauld
Allan
O’Halloran
Shankland

Yes please 👍

S4uzee
07-01-2019, 07:15 PM
Gauld
Allan
O’Halloran
Shankland

Yes please 👍
O’Halloran is poor, Horgan a far better option

GloryGlory
07-01-2019, 07:17 PM
Who the keeper Lenny is going on about? Must mean laidlaw is going

Aussie keeper from Spurs on trial in Dubai.

Borderhibbie76
I agree that you are correct, it was virtually impossible to do that on our budget.
I think the frustration though is that we still expected to replace to a level that kept us ahead of most of the other teams that finished below us last year - I think we failed in that much.... however.... the Jan transfer window offers the chance to put that right. Allan and Gauld would go a long way to doing just thatGood post and excellent summary totally agree

SCHAEDYSHORTS
Scott Allan just started following Ryan Gauld on instagram. Would include screenshot but can’t figure out how.

Hopefully he will soon be following him to Easter Road 🙏🙏🙏😬

SouthMoroccoStu
07-01-2019, 07:20 PM
Gauld
Allan
O’Halloran
Shankland

Yes please 👍

Still shy a striker and defender

Not that I’m expecting 6 new signings

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2019, 07:20 PM
Yeah, seems to be another Kamberi type deal. If we can get Allan in, a ball-winning midfielder, and another striker, I’d be pretty damn happy with our squad.I'd add a winger to that if Agyepong is still unfit and Boyle injured - but maybe am being a bit greedy

SirDavidsNapper
07-01-2019, 07:21 PM
O’Halloran is poor, Horgan a far better option

Did he not sign for an Australian club?

matty_f
07-01-2019, 07:21 PM
I'd add a winger to that if Agyepong is still unfit and Boyle injured - but maybe am being a bit greedy

I think Agyepong is playing in the clip where Mallan scores from miles or/inches out (depending on your screen size :greengrin ) so hopefully he's in a position to play soon.

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2019, 07:24 PM
Lennon says no plans to replace Efe. Hopefully means an end to 3-5-2.I suppose if we bolster the midfield Milligan can cover centre half in the event of any injuries

flash
07-01-2019, 07:24 PM
Agyepong is an exciting prospect. If his injury isnt one that will recur i would keep him. He looked dynamite at times before he got crocked.

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2019, 07:26 PM
I think Agyepong is playing in the clip where Mallan scores from miles or/inches out (depending on your screen size :greengrin ) so hopefully he's in a position to play soon.Fingers crossed as he's looked decent in his short cameos so far

jacomo
07-01-2019, 07:35 PM
Vegan sausage rolls, an oxymoron if ever there was one

Is it really?

H18 SFR
07-01-2019, 07:35 PM
Spoke to an Ayr Utd mate who believes that we've made a decent offer to Ayr for Shankland but we want to pay it in instalments. Don't think they've had the firm offers they expected.

Speedway
07-01-2019, 07:36 PM
Agyepong is an exciting prospect. If his injury isnt one that will recur i would keep him. He looked dynamite at times before he got crocked.

My concern is that if he is made of glass, he’ll get the Watmore treatment from the opposition which will mean that we never see the best of him on a sustained basis.

Billy Whizz
07-01-2019, 07:37 PM
My concern is that if he is made of glass, he’ll get the Watmore treatment from the opposition which will mean that we never see the best of him on a sustained basis.

It’s mainly hamstring injuries he’s suffered from, not bumps and bruises

Speedway
07-01-2019, 07:38 PM
It’s mainly hamstring injuries he’s suffered from, not bumps and bruises

And that can be targeted.

Billy Whizz
07-01-2019, 07:38 PM
And that can be targeted.

You’re the expert, how?

Hibs90
07-01-2019, 07:39 PM
I suppose if we bolster the midfield Milligan can cover centre half in the event of any injuries

Milligan at centre half gives me the fear.

Lago
07-01-2019, 07:40 PM
Is it really?
Yes

flash
07-01-2019, 07:41 PM

That would be the concern. I suppose our medical team will have to decide.

bingo70
07-01-2019, 07:47 PM
Milligan at centre half gives me the fear.

I think the criticism of Milligan has gone way overboard. He’s obviously not had the impact we’d hoped but he’s not been that bad. I’m not sure how many games he’s played but it’s not a huge amount and after the first 4 or 5 of his games we’d barely conceded a goal and everyone was raving about him.

I’m sure he’s a more than capable back up defender.

Speedway
07-01-2019, 07:53 PM
You’re the expert, how?

Used to coach players how to break nippy poster’s legs.

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2019, 07:53 PM
I think the criticism of Milligan has gone way overboard. He’s obviously not had the impact we’d hoped but he’s not been that bad. I’m not sure how many games he’s played but it’s not a huge amount and after the first 4 or 5 of his games we’d barely conceded a goal and everyone was raving about him.

I’m sure he’s a more than capable back up defender.I agree and he played centre half at the world cup so he cannae be that bad surely??

Speedway
07-01-2019, 07:54 PM
That would be the concern. I suppose our medical team will have to decide.

Agree on how Good he has looked though for sure.

Improvement on Barker in terms of ability would you say or not seen enough yet?

My_Wife_Camille
07-01-2019, 07:56 PM
Personally not keen on O’Halloran at all so hoping there’s nothing in that one

flash
07-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Agree on how Good he has looked though for sure.

Improvement on Barker in terms of ability would you say or not seen enough yet?

More to his game than Barker for me although BB probably has the edge for raw speed.

SloopJB
07-01-2019, 08:00 PM
Used to coach players how to break nippy poster’s legs.

I'm no expert nor do I have any experience but I know a physio who worked at St Mirren.
He said they were big on prehab where they concentrated on preventing non contact injuries and boasted the best record in the division.
No reason to doubt what the guy was saying as I couldn't put up any argument against it.

Green forever
07-01-2019, 08:02 PM
Personally not keen on O’Halloran at all so hoping there’s nothing in that one

I think he is playing in Australia just now?

Greenworld
07-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Spoke to an Ayr Utd mate who believes that we've made a decent offer to Ayr for Shankland but we want to pay it in instalments. Don't think they've had the firm offers they expected.I doubt the guy would know that but if that's the case then at least we are speaking to them

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

jeffers
07-01-2019, 08:04 PM
More to his game than Barker for me although BB probably has the edge for raw speed.

Not seen enough of Agyepong to form much of an opinion, what I did see he looks ok no more but willing to put himself about a bit, which Barker wasn’t. I’d have loved to have Barker back though as the season went on I thought he got better and better and was starting to produce an end product. When he got the ball I felt a buzz similar to when Ivan received it.

One Day Soon
07-01-2019, 08:06 PM
Don'y know why we can't do it the much better Hearts way. Sign 20 guys and hope a couple of them aren't 5hite. Dredging I think it's called.

hibbyfraelibby
07-01-2019, 08:10 PM

Dont think Scargill and MacCluskey up front will wotk for us.

Stuart93
07-01-2019, 08:19 PM
Dont think Scargill and MacCluskey up front will wotk for us.

What

Apologies 😂

matty_f
07-01-2019, 08:21 PM
What

Strikers. People who went on strike.

HoboHarry
07-01-2019, 08:24 PM
Strikers. People who went on strike.
I got it mate..... :greengrin

bodhibs
07-01-2019, 08:25 PM
Furious googling of Scargill

Bostonhibby
07-01-2019, 08:26 PM
Don'y know why we can't do it the much better Hearts way. Sign 20 guys and hope a couple of them aren't 5hite. Dredging I think it's called.Nah, it's called transiting. [emoji6]

Doctor football's favourite agent delivers a Ford Transit load every window.

Relevant commissions are paid and six months later the process is repeated. Sadly it cost father Dougal his job.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
07-01-2019, 08:27 PM
I doubt the guy would know that but if that's the case then at least we are speaking to them

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yeah, ultimately will still be rumour mill stuff but interesting nonetheless.

coldingham hibs
07-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Don'y know why we can't do it the much better Hearts way. Sign 20 guys and hope a couple of them aren't 5hite. Dredging I think it's called.

Unfortunately that policy is 7pts better than ours at the moment.