hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

McGeough injured again

As much I like DM when he actually plays butvI'm reaching the conclusion that he's not worth a wage. I've said in other threads that being the best player in the stand is no use. I think it's time we moved him on if we can find someone to take him.
    Last edited by lucky; 28-08-2016 at 01:20 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Give away our best player.

Brilliant strategy my man.

Straight from the Jambo football school of footballing philosophy of sacking George Burley and replacing him with a convicted sex offender.

I can just see it now, 'and it's Adam Johnson to deliiiiiiiiiiver'
    Last edited by Ergye; 28-08-2016 at 12:52 AM.

He's quite simply one of our best players. Against St Midden he controlled the game and was his usual influential self. Yes, he appears to have some injury faults, but suggesting to get rid of him is unjustifiable. The damage he can do to opposing teams is one of the primary reasons we will win the league. Lennon has brought in cover in the more than capable Mr Shinnie. Sit back and enjoy.................

DM playing 15 games every season makes him worth the wage. I'd be quite happy if we never get rid of him.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much I like DM when actually plays I'm reaching the conclusion that he's not worth a wage. I've said in other threads that being the best player in the stand is no use. I think it's time we moved him on if we can find someone to take him.
    He's played in sixty-odd games for us in the last two seasons.

There's no denying he picks up injuries and there's also no denying that the way he plays makes him probably the most fouled player we have.

Nevertheless, the injury thing is at risk of becoming overstated and I fear the perception is getting in the way of the facts. If you are averaging thirty appearances a season, then you're not exactly sitting in the stand.

No player is irreplaceable but Dylan is the heartbeat of the team - on his game, he brings everyone else in and allows us to be our best.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Ergye View Post
    Give away our best player.

Brilliant strategy my man.

Straight from the Jambo football school of footballing philosophy of sacking George Burley and replacing him with a convicted sex offender.

I can just see it now, 'and it's Adam Johnson to deliiiiiiiiiiver
    '
    You certainly don't want to be on the receiving end of anything he delivers.

As for Dylan, I agree with everyone else. One of our best players, not as injury-prone as people make out and it would be madness to just give him away.

Oh, and he's a legend.

There's no denying the guy has his injury problems, but letting him go would be madness. He is arguably the best player we have and if we can find a way to get him past all these niggling injuries we would be able to ask north of a million quid for him if anybody came calling.

@hibs.net private member
    I said in the original post there's no point in being the best player in the stand. As has been pointed out by other posters, guys like Shinnie are more than capable of filling the void. I just think it's time to cut our losses and move him on

I said in the original post there's no point in being the best player in the stand. As has been pointed out by other posters, guys like Shinnie are more than capable of filling the void. I just think it's time to cut our losses and move him on
    What losses are those? He has been worth every penny we've ever paid him.

@hibs.net private member The Sundance Kid's Avatar
    But as has also been pointed out within this thread he is playing more often than not. Take last season where he played 30 games for us, Fyvie only played in 32 and was here right from the get go whereas McGeouch didn't arrive until we were 4 games into the season. Already this season Fyvie has missed more games through injury than McGeouch so would you also be keen to get rid of Fyvie due to his injury troubles?

I understand the frustration surrounding McGeouch's injury problems but think the issue is exacerbated due to the manner in which he misses games where he seems as if he's fine for a short period then is suddenly missing from the team once more. However, we look a better team with him in it, in my opinion, and if he can make us a better team for 30 games a season then I'm more than happy to put up with his injury-proneness and I think it would be madness to get rid of a player that has such undoubted quality

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    McGeough is a class player that we need to try and keep. I'd rest him up for games like today in order to keep him fit for when we need him.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    McGeough is a class player that we need to try and keep. I'd rest him up for games like today in order to keep him fit for when we need him.
    This. Carefully managed McGeouch is a wonderful asset to Hibs. If anything his tendency to miss the odd game (as has been pointed out its nowhere near as bad as perceived) may be a blessing in disguise for Hibs, if not DM himself. The large English Championship club (say a Wolves or a Brighton) that should in theory be his next destination will be less keen than they otherwise would, meaning Hibs should hold onto him for longer.

We have unearthed a real diamond of our own and there is a wee chip on one of the edges. The rest of it must be valueless too then. Aye right.....

Jeezo, some folk just need to complain about something. Anything in fact......

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    As much I like DM when he actually plays butvI'm reaching the conclusion that he's not worth a wage. I've said in other threads that being the best player in the stand is no use. I think it's time we moved him on if we can find someone to take him.

Delete your account and never come back.

what a ridiculous thread to start...dearie me. our best player who wouldnt be with us if he didnt have these wee niggles...and a cup winning legend. According to EEN he had a MINOR knock yesterday...perhaps Lennon is managing it properly and rested him yesterday

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    A few grumpy folk on here this morning!!

The OP just offered his thoughts and wasn't complaining or slating Dylan. Lighten up

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Tweet from Tam McManus after the game yesterday:
    "Dylan McGeouch out doing laps round the pitch at minute so looks like just precaution to leave him out today moving fine."

Tbh i thought we would miss DM yesterday. Glad to be proven wrong. If we get the players in that NL wants then i think a few weeks rest would aid DM. Bring him back for the bigger games coming up

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    Delete your account and never come back.
    Why would I do that? Really my opinion is just that but yours is what? Try to bully people of a fans forum for having an opinion. You not like what I've posted but using your style of debate is anyone who differs from you must never post again.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Dylan obviously has had some injury worries, I wouldn't be surprised if yesterday was just a precaution and a, little bit of the club wrapping him in cotton wool until both they and he are 100% comfortable with his situation, a tactic I would completely support. We've got decent depth in central midfield so let's not risk him when he's just back and then have him out for another prolonged period.

As for the OP, respectfully I have to disagree. The longwr Dylan McGeough is with Hibs the happier I will be.

Looks like you will be a minority of one on this topic Lucky
    There is no debate about his talent and worth to the team He has proved that time and time again
    If he hadnt xome off the bench v Dunfermlime we may not of gone on to win that game .
    We would all love it if his injuries were behind him but Fyvie is also just back in team after another spell i jured and he was man of the match.
    Both players will probably miss more games through i jury but we need a strong squad to win the Leaugue and both these players are capable of playing at a higher level than the Championship
    Enjoy them while you can

Sorry and but each to their own view ...but behave he is a fantastic player and hopefully the injury issues will work through, we don't know the facts or detail of what the problem is, but there is no doubt he is a vital player and throughout the course of this hard season he will more than play his part I have no doubt.

Can understand the club and player taking precautions. We have turiff away next week and need to save him for it 😳

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not saying he's not a fantastic wee player. But his injuries really piss me off. A fit DM is a great asset to our club but missing so many games every season is murder. I appreciate that many think he's worth it, but he is no use in the stand. He needs to be fit and on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    He's played in sixty-odd games for us in the last two seasons.

There's no denying he picks up injuries and there's also no denying that the way he plays makes him probably the most fouled player we have.

Nevertheless, the injury thing is at risk of becoming overstated and I fear the perception is getting in the way of the facts. If you are averaging thirty appearances a season, then you're not exactly sitting in the stand.

No player is irreplaceable but Dylan is the heartbeat of the team - on his game, he brings everyone else in and allows us to be our best.

I think you've misread Wiki here Mibbes, Dylan has played 39 league games for Hibs in the last 2 seasons plus 17 in various cups. Even at 56 games over 2 seasons is worth the wage for a player of his influence, yes we only get around half a season out of him but is that not what you have a squad for.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I think you've misread Wiki here Mibbes, Dylan has played 39 league games for Hibs in the last 2 seasons plus 17 in various cups. Even at 56 games over 2 seasons is worth the wage for a player of his influence, yes we only get around half a season out of him but is that not what you have a squad for.
    This, 100%

Injuries are part of the game and - maybe for the first time yesterday - I didnt think we really missed DM. Which is a great problem to have !

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This, 100%

Injuries are part of the game and - maybe for the first time yesterday - I didnt think we really missed DM. Which is a great problem to have !
    That's the amazing thing, we didn't and I'd be happy with that defence again. Mcgeouch is class though and I'm still hoping he can put these problems behind him. If he does, we have a hell of a side

Have to disagree. Dylan is a class player and one of our best.

I am sure he is frustrated as anyone when he misses games but when he plays he always gives his all and we will need him if we are are to get promoted.

Will be hard to find a player of his quality who plays every week so I'm happy to see Dylan every few weeks if he helps the team get promoted.

To get rid of him would be madness. Plus he is a Scottish Cup winning legend !

Testimonial Due
    He'd be playing at a higher level than hibs if he wasn't so injury prone. I think we just need to accept that and enjoy the occasions when he is fit because he's a class act.

A real waste of a wage is getting the number of games out of an El-Alagui who hardly ever started, or worse Tim Clancy, who when he did, you wished he was injured!
    He managed 19 games in 2 years (wiki)