hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

EPL Season Ticket Early Bird prices

Just had a look at Sunderland and Stoke season Ticket prices on Hotdeals today. Sunderland are £395 for an adult and child with each child thereafter £25. A child is also up to 16 years old.

Stoke have Adult season Tickets for £294 if bought early. It looks like some of the clubs are going to invest the money received from TV back into the pockets of the fans who deserve it most. Great value for an EPL ticket for Stoke and a fair chance of Sunderland avoiding the drop too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

If SKY pumped £££Billions into British football and not just English football we could all do that.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just had a look at Sunderland and Stoke season Ticket prices on Hotdeals today. Sunderland are £395 for an adult and child with each child thereafter £25. A child is also up to 16 years old.

Stoke have Adult season Tickets for £294 if bought early. It looks like some of the clubs are going to invest the money received from TV back into the pockets of the fans who deserve it most. Great value for an EPL ticket for Stoke and a fair chance of Sunderland avoiding the drop too.
    £294 to watch premiership football? That's quite decent. While Hibs will likely still be expecting us to pay £405 for another season in the championship if we don't go up.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Just proves that TV has taken over football and the fans are really incidental.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    If SKY pumped £££Billions into British football and not just English football we could all do that.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    £294 to watch premiership football? That's quite decent. While Hibs will likely still be expecting us to pay £405 for another season in the championship if we don't go up.
    I'd rather watch Hibs than Sunderland or Stoke though.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    So would I but I would rather watch Hibs against opposition of EPL quality(assuming we were at that level too) for around £100 less than I currently pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

So would I but I would rather watch Hibs against opposition of EPL quality(assuming we were at that level too) for around £100 less than I currently pay.
    Get on the blower to Rupert Murdoch then.

You'd practically have to pay me to watch Stoke in particular though.

When we are getting 10 million pounds for a televised game feel free to make that comparison again

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    When we are getting 10 million pounds for a televised game feel free to make that comparison again
    If nobody came through the gate these clubs would still be loaded.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    The sad thing is that some folk try to compare our fitba with theirs. There is no comparison. If Scottish football got just 5% of what England gets our football would improve immensely. I still think sky have a moral obligation to pay more than they currently pay us.but not likely to happen.

There's a high percentage of football fans in Scotland have sky (I'm one) but they put a relative pittance into Scottish football compared to English football,
    maybe a seasons boycott of sky would force them to cough up, as you could argue the TV deal might actually cost us money in some instances with the stupid ko times we are forced to accept

I wouldn't pay £395 every year to go and watch Sunderland.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Considering what tv money they get, you've got to think they are overcharging their fans.

@hibs.net private member
    There is obviously little value in watching a team you don't support. However, Stoke and Sunderland fans will feel the same about their clubs as we do about Hibs. For what it is worth I am enjoying watching Hibs this season. Lots of goals and some fantastic play. I take two kids to the game so the value is there for me at least for now when a season ticket for them is £25. Last year for that though as one is coming up 12 and that will be another 70 quid at current prices.

Why should they? It's not a charity, it's a business.

Scottish football needs to get over casting envious eyes south of the border and get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    There's a high percentage of football fans in Scotland have sky (I'm one) but they put a relative pittance into Scottish football compared to English football,
    maybe a seasons boycott of sky would force them to cough up, as you could argue the TV deal might actually cost us money in some instances with the stupid ko times we are forced to accept
    Doubtful, wonder what the number of Sky customers, paying for Sky Sports up here, who wouldn't if Scottish football wasn't on it? I'm going to guess its not a huge number, certainly compared to numbers down south.

Ultimately, Sky bid for our rights at an amount they thought it was worth for them to do so, we have a hopelessly weak bargaining position, and a product with limited appeal, particularly outwith Scotland.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post

Scottish football needs to get over casting envious eyes south of the border and get on with it.
    Nobody is saying that they should pump billions into our game. Something along the lines of what they pay for Scottish cup games would be a start. That would be about £7m a season.

IMO alot of people fail to realise about clubs like sunderland and stoke(and prob about half the teams in the epl) is there messed up money wise.The tv money that they get gets wasted on players wages, staff costs ,agents and what not.I recall reading in lord sugars book that some teams have a huge turn over(money they earned that got spent i think?)

so a team that say got 100k from tv but have pretty much zero costs due to other money income streams would be better off than a £50million from tv team whom were losing 100k a year,of coure IMO

I don't think Mikey was necessarily suggesting that they should.

He was simply saying that if the same sort of money was being put into Scottish football as they get in England then we could probably afford to have cheaper tickets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I don't think Mikey was necessarily suggesting that they should.

He was simply saying that if the same sort of money was being put into Scottish football as they get in England then we could probably afford to have cheaper tickets as well.
    Even without their coming cash, they could have cheaper tickets if they wanted to, as could we, if you prioritise that over increasing spending in other areas.

I would think if you gave Scottish clubs another few million a year each, they'd **** it up the wall on player wages.

See post 2
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member
    Stoke and Sunderland two extremely average teams. For all their billions there isn't that many good teams - probably 8 out of 20 - what they do though is sell their game and sell it well. Sky help but they've constantly bigged up their league above all others, their office bearers talk positively, the supporters believe that the league is amazing because they are fed that belief.

Teams in the lower reaches of Spain, Germany etc are far more entertaining than the clubs mentioned for example.

Until we start promoting our game we'll never move forward. Promote it better and we can have a fascinating product although I worry that too many mistakes have happened for it to change in the near future.

I would think if you gave Scottish clubs another few million a year each, they'd **** it up the wall on player wages.
    Erm.............. I'm not sure where to start with that one

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    The sad thing is that some folk try to compare our fitba with theirs. There is no comparison. If Scottish football got just 5% of what England gets our football would improve immensely. I still think sky have a moral obligation to pay more than they currently pay us.but not likely to happen.
    It's quite hard not to compare our football with the football down south. The people running our game seem to copy everything from the game down south, even the ridiculous naming of the leagues. This country has a history of innovation, but that stops when you get to football.

United we stand here....

Promising Youngster
    And it proves that everyone in Scotland should boycott Sky tv until they re negotiate the scottish football deal
    2.6 m to the winners of the spl
    V
    50 m to the relegated EPL team soon to be 100 m
    800k to scottish championship winners v 35 m to England .
    We get 82k on Sunday -if an epl fixture is moved from a sat 3pm they get 1-25m each team every fixture !
    Fans and especially scottish fans are being taken for a mega ride .

Erm.............. I'm not sure where to start with that one
    Well, that's what all the clubs did back when our TV deal was more generous comparably.

It would only take one or two clubs to do that, before the rest followed suit. The same will happen down south in the end. It would take broad agreement, as the German clubs and their FA did, to keep prices low.

I do find it bizarre why anyone thinks Sky 'owe' us anything. You can make a case for the BBC having to spend proportionally equal amounts of money, because of the licence fee and its charter, but Sky can do as it pleases; nobody forced the league to take their offer, and nobody can force Sky to make a better one.

Ultimately, if we want to increase that money, we need a better product, that is actually marketed properly (no whinging about armageddon and no sponsors) that might generate broader interest. At the moment Scottish football is just a space filler for Sky and BT, and until our game changes for the better, that's all it will ever be.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    If Sky ever are mad enough to offer is silly money for the SPL then I'd no be surprised if 90% of it went to Celtc (and then The Rangers, when they finally sort themselves out) anyway.