hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Underdog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you saying that they should take on confrontations that they can't win and cause bigger problems?

I would love to see the police lift any Old Firm fan that spouts their bigoted pish at our ground, but believe that would probably take upwards of 1000 cops and start a riot. Would be you happy to see a repeat of Manchester in Edinburgh with your family/friends nearby??
    It's taking on a problem that didn't exist in the first place that gets up folks noses. If they are going to target a group of young guys for the heinous crime of getting behind their team then yes, they should take action against the Old Firm cretins who are genuinely out of order.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Thought the stewards/police in that stand were a disgrace the way they treated they lads for daring tae get up and support their team. Will the police be wading in next time the sVmmy OF fans come calling, nah, wiil they **** bunch of ******s
    Last edited by Saorsa; 15-09-2010 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    A visible waste of our council tax money. A joke. Paying tax for that nonsense? Where was the threat to public order there? They should get of the gravy train and try nicking some villains for a change. Muppets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCXHbCYvzjI

pity the stewards don't direct a bit of their time to some of the muppets in our stands that are the reason more parents don't bring kids to the games.

Noticed the antics of police and stewards at this game from a distance and have to agree seemed a bit OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Underdog View Post
    Are you saying that they should take on confrontations that they can't win and cause bigger problems?

I would love to see the police lift any Old Firm fan that spouts their bigoted pish at our ground, but believe that would probably take upwards of 1000 cops and start a riot. Would be you happy to see a repeat of Manchester in Edinburgh with your family/friends nearby??
    If the police are unable or too scared to take action at the time all they have to to is video them, study footage to identify, kick the culprits doors in whilst they're sleeping and give them all jail sentences. Maybe a bit OTT but no moreso than what they did yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Just thought I'd let you all know, I've E-Mailed the club about this. For those interested, here's the contents of my E-Mail.

SUBJECT: Treatment of visiting fans at today's game

"Dear Sir / Madam,
    I am a Season Ticket holder in the East Stand, therefore a Hibs supporter, but would like to draw your attention to the over the top treatment of some of our guests from Inverness. Can you please tell me why there was a permanent fixture of around twenty policemen and stewards staring out around 20-30 visiting supporters? As far as I could see, the only crime they were committing was to stand up in the two back rows, therefore blocking the view of no one, whilst actually bringing some atmosphere to the game by singing most of the match.

Is this what it's come to at Easter Road, that a small group of fans that are causing no bother to anyone, are treated in such an over hand, despicable manner? Can you also please tell me if those stewards will apply the same rigorous tactics to the visiting hordes of Celtic and Rangers fans? Or will they sit on their hands and let 3,900 people in the South Stand stand up for most of the game and sing totally deplorable, bigoted songs of both a Sectarian and terrorist glorifying nature, as they usually do?

If you think this is the insane drivel of just one fan then please think again. This was commented on by many around me, as well as people I spoke to after the match."
    Well written

They used a hammer to crack a nut yesterday and it was way ott

As has been pointed out it's more the double standards - and a complete lack of balls!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    That's brilliant

If you add to this all the problems folk were having for pay at the gate then Hibs arent really helping themselves get fans in through the turnstiles are they?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCXHbCYvzjI

thats quite funny, mibbe we could start singing this at ER next home game?
    Last edited by Phil MaGlass; 12-09-2010 at 10:31 AM.

The actions yesterday of the police/stewards in the south was nothing short of embarrassing. The sort of thing we used to get all the time at Ibrox and Parkhead.

I wonder if that was a group of 50 Aberdeen casuals would G4S be throwing people out left right and centre like that? Or if they will act like that when 3900 reeking huns and tims are at ER the next time? No chance.

We were up the back of the East and the 2 polis and G4S Supervisor came up to get us sitting. All were very apologetic but very adament this was down to Hibs. I asked how this time last year we could stand on this side of the ground to which one officer replied 'Dunno mate, we're just doing what we have been told'.

If this is how Hibs are going to start treating the paying customer they can **** right off. In this day and age were people are getting fed up of football fullstop and what it has become, this day and age where fans seem to be giving it up in droves, this day and age with expensive tickets and daft kick off times, Hibs are *** stupid to go down this route.

I wonder if it is this Hertz **** we now have as head of Security. Trying to make his mark, mind Hearts havin similar problems regarding stewarding/standing and what ever.

What is the email address for Hibs? The more complaints they get the better.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8152/ictf.jpg
    Last edited by Antifa Hibs; 12-09-2010 at 10:38 AM.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    The actions yesterday of the police/stewards in the south was nothing short of embarrassing. The sort of thing we used to get all the time at Ibrox and Parkhead.

I wonder if that was a group of 50 Aberdeen casuals would G4S be throwing people out left right and centre like that? Or if they will act like that when 3900 reeking huns and tims are at ER the next time? No chance.

We were up the back of the East and the 2 polis and G4S Supervisor came up to get us sitting. All were very apologetic but very adament this was down to Hibs. I asked how this time last year we could stand on this side of the ground to which one officer replied 'Dunno mate, we're just doing what we have been told'.

If this is how Hibs are going to start treating the paying customer they can **** right off. In this day and age were people are getting fed up of football fullstop and what it has become, this day and age where fans seem to be giving it up in droves, this day and age with expensive tickets and daft kick off times, Hibs are *** stupid to go down this route.

I wonder if it is this Hertz **** we now have as head of Security. Trying to make his mark, mind Hearts havin similar problems regarding stewarding/standing and what ever.

Fantastic post, can't really add to that
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by DBHibs View Post
    Noticed the police and stewards moaning at the ICT fans cos they were (totally understandably) standing up to watch their team take their penalty.

One fan ran down the stairs and hugged one of the bemused stewards after they scored!

As far as I could see the away support were doing absolutely nowt wrong at all and there was no need for any heavy handedness towards them.
    I was the said fan hugging the steward. When we scored i was trying to get down the front to celebrate with Rooney when faced with this lump of a steward who looked ready to rugby tackle me to the ground so hugging him seemed like the only option, i'm sure he enjoyed it anyway.

Anyway as a Caley fan it's refreshing to read all your comments. I to have emailed Hibs but yet to get any word back from them, i don't know if i will? The stewarding at Hibs in the past has been brilliant but yesterday is the type of situation that makes you think twice as a fan about handing over your money and traveling long ways to watch your team. The point i made in my email was that the way we were treated is the same way Hibees are victimised when playing away to the Old Filth.

Interesting when one steward was asked would you treat Old Firm, Hearts and Aberdeen fans the same way her response was "No because there's too many of them".

Disgraceful jobsworths.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar

Nail on head but his correct title is Stadium Manager. Expect it to get a lot worse and for there to be further bans.

It,s turning into a sit down shut up mentality towards football fans.I thought the small band of caley fans that made the journey yesterday backed their team superbly.Given the garbage we have to listen to when the bigot brothers come to town, it is disgraceful that these fans were hassled when the real action should be taken against the bigots.
    I blame Hibs as much as the stewards and cops.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

Immediately thought of this,great post maybe we should use it; though on a personal level would have arrersted them all!! the crime? for totally out singing us! lol
    maybe we could learn from them :)

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    I was the said fan hugging the steward. When we scored i was trying to get down the front to celebrate with Rooney when faced with this lump of a steward who looked ready to rugby tackle me to the ground so hugging him seemed like the only option, i'm sure he enjoyed it anyway.

Anyway as a Caley fan it's refreshing to read all your comments. I to have emailed Hibs but yet to get any word back from them, i don't know if i will? The stewarding at Hibs in the past has been brilliant but yesterday is the type of situation that makes you think twice as a fan about handing over your money and traveling long ways to watch your team. The point i made in my email was that the way we were treated is the same way Hibees are victimised when playing away to the Old Filth.

Interesting when one steward was asked would you treat Old Firm, Hearts and Aberdeen fans the same way her response was "No because there's too many of them".

Disgraceful jobsworths.
    Great to see ICT fans acknowledge that we as Hibs fans, largely from the Lothians, in no way endorse this kind of nonsense from the those idiots whom we pay for. The club should be ashamed if they are giving those rip-off merchants any encouragement at all.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Nail on head but his correct title is Stadium Manager. Expect it to get a lot worse and for there to be further bans.

Not seen the many well known faces at ER this season, Hibs cracking down looks like it.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    One ICT fan on Pie and Bovril saying he had a great day out, was impressed by the stadium and the Hibs fans but won't be back because of the heavy handed stewarding.

Well done, Stewards. Way to turn away paying fans.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Football is becoming as sterile as Howard Hughes' toilet.
    What a drag!

Just wondering if anyone who emailed Hibs has been given a response yet?

Cant add much apart from to agree with the vast majority of posts on here.

From my seat in the East it looked like total overkill regarding the treatment of the ICT fans. Looked like there were as many police and stewards as there was them.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Just wondering if anyone who emailed Hibs has been given a response yet?
    as its sunday today i dont expect anyone was working who could have replied, give it until tomorrow lunch time for a response

Just in case anyone from Hibs is pointed in this direction then I'd like to agree that the Inveness fans were perfectly well behaved, loud and enthusiastic and gave excellent backing to their team whereas the actions of the stewards and police towards them was a complete embarrassment.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 12-09-2010 at 10:12 PM.

Whats the email address for Hibs you'd send a complaint to?

First Team Breakthrough John_the_angus_hibby's Avatar
    I was pretty angered by the treatment. This was my first game of the season and it was not a pleasant experience for a number of reasons

I decided to put digits to keyboard....

Dear Mr Lindsay,

I am making a complaint regarding the levels of security and it's heavy handed application during this weekends ICT game. I am a Hibs fan (continuous season ticket holder up until 2 seasons ago, two tickets books...but that is another matter) and attended the game on Saturday.

The steward's and police's treatment of the ICT fans were a continuous topic during and after the game. It is a sad state of affairs that have an enthusiastic group of fans treated as if they are criminals. I spoke to a friend yesterday who travelled down as part of the ICT support. He explained to me that it will be the last time he does so to Easter Road. This chap is not a criminal or 'casual'; but your treatment of his and his friends have lost future profitable revenue for Hibernian Football Club.

I strongly suggest you examine current policies and how these policies are deployed on match day. You may not realize the consequence of innocently proposed policies suggested in a management environment. But the way they are being executed is deplorable.

One of the most annoying factors is that we Hibs fans (the ones that pay to attend, buy the merchandise, etc remember) know for a fact that these match day tactics would not be applied to Rangers and Celtic support even though the behavior and atmosphere of bigotry can be cut with a knife during those games.

I would like a response as I know for a fact 1) the tactics applied on Saturday were not warranted and 2) the tactics are not applied with equanimity to other clubs and worse of all 3) it helps to make Easter Road a sterile environment.

To be honest I have to come up with more reasons to invest my time in attending every season, please do not add to the counter arguments.

Kindest Regards

I will post any reply, I would interested in other replies also.

First Team Breakthrough John_the_angus_hibby's Avatar
    Whats the email address for Hibs you'd send a complaint to?
    board@hibernianfc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by John_the_angus_hibby View Post
    I was pretty angered by the treatment. This was my first game of the season and it was not a pleasant experience for a number of reasons

I decided to put digits to keyboard....

Dear Mr Lindsay,

I am making a complaint regarding the levels of security and it's heavy handed application during this weekends ICT game. I am a Hibs fan (continuous season ticket holder up until 2 seasons ago, two tickets books...but that is another matter) and attended the game on Saturday.

The steward's and police's treatment of the ICT fans were a continuous topic during and after the game. It is a sad state of affairs that have an enthusiastic group of fans treated as if they are criminals. I spoke to a friend yesterday who travelled down as part of the ICT support. He explained to me that it will be the last time he does so to Easter Road. This chap is not a criminal or 'casual'; but your treatment of his and his friends have lost future profitable revenue for Hibernian Football Club.

I strongly suggest you examine current policies and how these policies are deployed on match day. You may not realize the consequence of innocently proposed policies suggested in a management environment. But the way they are being executed is deplorable.

One of the most annoying factors is that we Hibs fans (the ones that pay to attend, buy the merchandise, etc remember) know for a fact that these match day tactics would not be applied to Rangers and Celtic support even though the behavior and atmosphere of bigotry can be cut with a knife during those games.

I would like a response as I know for a fact 1) the tactics applied on Saturday were not warranted and 2) the tactics are not applied with equanimity to other clubs and worse of all 3) it helps to make Easter Road a sterile environment.

To be honest I have to come up with more reasons to invest my time in attending every season, please do not add to the counter arguments.

Kindest Regards

I will post any reply, I would interested in other replies also.
    What email address did you send it to?

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    When you have George Peat lambasting Scotland fans for jeering a national anthem, but saying nothing about the sectarian bile coming out of the Tims and Huns at a stadium near you every Saturday - which is actually illegal - then the cowardly actions of the police and stewards on Saturday is really not surprising.

The next time one of the Old Firm visit Easter Road we should be watching what exactly goes on very, very closely and then shout as loudly as possible about the likely results.

Last edited by johnrebus; 13-09-2010 at 11:22 AM.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Just another example of attempts to sanitise football - to it's detriment.

From where I was, the ICT fans were doing what they have every right to do.......cheer on their team and make as much noise as possible as a minority away from home....

of course, L&B 's finest were visible and active because there were very few fans..........I doubt very much if you would have seen such a presence if either of the uglies were in town. They always bottle policing of those matches, don't they.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game