hibs.net Messageboard

Page 251 of 484 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,530 of 14514
    @hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love it if he came back, if anything because he is a maverick and a real character. It is concerning he has pretty much done nothing since leaving us, but then again so did Scott Allan. Sometimes players must fit and I would have JC over Oli Shaw any day of the week.
    The latter part of your comment is my concern we are talking of the JC of seasons ago he has done nothing since . Scott allan is a different character altogether .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think some are getting a bit too sentimental, I don't think it would be the right move to bring him back right now and I reckon Hecky will see it that way too.

Besides Hecky doesn't seem to want to play 2 up top and everyone on this forum should know that Jason up top on his own does not work.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    The latter part of your comment is my concern we are talking of the JC of seasons ago he has done nothing since . Scott allan is a different character altogether .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    I would argue that their circumstances are near identical but that Cummings has played more in that period?

I would like Cummings back but really don't get why folk are in such a hurry to write off Shaw

I have every confidence he will come good

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I think that if Jason Cummings’ services were secured by Hibernian Football Club and he was selected to ply his trade at association football on the club’s behalf, he would kick the ball past the opposing custodian as often as the opportunity presented itself for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I would argue that their circumstances are near identical but that Cummings has played more in that period?

I would like Cummings back but really don't get why folk are in such a hurry to write off Shaw

If Shaw was a Hecky summer signing like Newall or Doidge hed already be getting it in the neck on here...he gets easier treatment from some because he was a development player. Has done nowhere near enough in last year to justify some peoples faith in him imo and sorry if that sounds harsh. I dont think Hecky rates him tbh and think he will be away on loan somewhere by end of Aug

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As has been pointed out already, it looks like we're playing 1 up, so where are all these strikers playing or are we going 3-3-4.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think JC would be a good signing for us definitely a goal scorer capable of double figures every season.

I agree with one of the above posters in that I think he is tactically naive but that should be coachable. (it is Jason though).

Remember when he was playing along side Grant Holt, the big man was always talking to him and trying to get him to run into the right areas. If he can get that bit right, he will be a success. Worth taking a punt on.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    If Shaw was a Hecky summer signing like Newall or Doidge hed already be getting it in the neck on here...he gets easier treatment from some because he was a development player. Has done nowhere near enough in last year to justify some peoples faith in him imo and sorry if that sounds harsh. I dont think Hecky rates him tbh and think he will be away on loan somewhere by end of Aug

the same as Handling, Harris and Stanton who also weren't good enough

He’s average and i would be staggered if we signed him again and made him our highest paid player.

If you look at the stats from last year. Shaw wasn’t that far behind Flo and with a lot less minutes on the field.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    the same as Handling, Harris and Stanton who also weren't good enough
    Shaw's goals to minutes ratio is better than all of them.

If we can get him back we absolutely should 100%

#announcecumdog

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Shaw's goals to minutes ratio is better than all of them.
    Sssshhhhh! Stop bringing logic into this.

Blog Entries

Another Hibs Net myth that ex development players get an easier time. Ask Lewis & Paul H about that.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Sssshhhhh! Stop bringing logic into this.
    There’s nothing logical about pointing out that Shaw, a striker, has a better goals to minutes ratio than a winger and 2 centre midfielders?

Cummings is a Scottish championship striker. Scored a lot of goals for us there, but has really struggled since.

Folk on here don’t rate, Shaw, but he he has still scored more Premiership goals that JC. Season 17/18, Shaw got 4 in 16 and Cummings got 2 in 15. Shaw got 6 last season!

If we are looking to finish 3rd/4th this season. We’ll need someone better than JC. Sorry, but I don’t rate him as high as some folk on here do.
    Last edited by CorrieHibs; 19-07-2019 at 08:41 AM.

We got around £750K for Cummings we are led to believe from media. We were raging as we expected 2 million minimum - we had only just stopped celebrating the club persuading him to sign on a 4 year contract. When he left we were gutted, not just losing our gallus, cocky wee goalscorer but a massive character in the dressingroom.
    We wouldn't be able to go into derby matches with sly grins chuckling away to oursevles because we knew what was coming. A wee rascal, complete radge - muffin throwing mankini wearing wrestler. Loved his time at Hibs. Guaranteed goals. Bring him home.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I don't rate Shaw or Cummings. Not that fussed about Kamberi either now.

We're gonna struggle to score goals this season.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Another Hibs Net myth that ex development players get an easier time. Ask Lewis & Paul H about that.

If Shaw gets a bit of leeway then damn right.

Fans should warm to a development player coming through and give them plenty of encouragement and support. Unfortunately us Hibees are often impatient with our own.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I don't rate Shaw or Cummings. Not that fussed about Kamberi either now.

We're gonna struggle to score goals this season.
    We are if you don’t want any of the strikers. 😂

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

Agree. You get the feeling that Shaw is less confident than Cummings and is going to be more of a slow developer. I dont think Shaw is ready to lead the line now but I do think he's going to improve significantly. I also think he did really well when first breaking through but regressed a bit last season.

I still think he'd benefit from a loan move to a good team in a lower division where he will play every week and build his confidence from scoring.

As for Cummings, I think McNulty has more to his game but Cummings seems to be more an instinctive finisher. That type of player is getting phased out the game though with the advent of the sole striker who is expected to hold the play up. Worth a 1 year contract though if we have a bit of extra cash and would allow us to play hardball with Reading for McNulty and take it to the wire.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Gordon Strachan appointed Technical Director by Dundee

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whilst we can debate the merits of Shaw’s abilities, I can’t agree that he gets an easier ride than outsiders brought in

Certain sections of the Hibs support have taken great delight in overly criticising youth players breaking through over the last two 2 decades

Hanlon & Stevenson modern day heroes being 2 prime examples

Have you considered its actually young players who get an easier time? And experienced pros that have more expected of them??

Nothing wrong with that at all

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Gordon Strachan appointed Technical Director by Dundee
    He's going to be very disappointed with the genetics in Dundee.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CorrieHibs View Post
    Cummings is a Scottish championship striker. Scored a lot of goals for us there, but has really struggled since.

Folk on here don’t rate, Shaw, but he he has still scored more Premiership goals that JC. Season 17/18, Shaw got 4 in 16 and Cummings got 2 in 15. Shaw got 6 last season!

If we are looking to finish 3rd/4th this season. We’ll need someone better than JC. Sorry, but I don’t rate him as high as some folk on here do.
    And there we have it Cummings is a Championship striker cause you said so 🙄

I would take Cummings back. His goal scoring record for us was excellent and he was a big game player. He is of course a bit of a fanny. But who cares, by all accounts he was a good lad to have around for morale as well. And at the end of the day, a Hibs legend. If he hadn't hit those goals against Hearts....

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    we're in

Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
    we're in
    For JC?

Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    I would take Cummings back. His goal scoring record for us was excellent and he was a big game player. He is of course a bit of a fanny. But who cares, by all accounts he was a good lad to have around for morale as well. And at the end of the day, a Hibs legend. If he hadn't hit those goals against Hearts....
    Exactly. He scored an absolute barrel load of big goals for us. On top of that he scored a good amount in general. The idea that he isn’t good enough just doesn’t add up to me. Thank god we weren’t so quick to write off Scott Allan who has failed at every single club other than Hibs.