hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Non season ticket holders should get to see their team too.

I have purchased a Season ticket as I have done for many a year, but I understand that we all can’t do this for several reasons.
    If, say, when fans are allowed to return, I would like a percentage of those fans to be non season ticket holders. If say for example we were allowed 7000 in to begin with, 2000 of these places should go to non season ticket holders. The circumstances at present are unfortunate for all of us and those that simply aren’t in a position to lay out a large sum of money all at once, should not miss out. This of course would also generate much needed additional income to our club which I’m sure would be much appreciated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have purchased a Season ticket as I have done for many a year, but I understand that we all can’t do this for several reasons.
    If, say, when fans are allowed to return, I would like a percentage of those fans to be non season ticket holders. If say for example we were allowed 7000 in to begin with, 2000 of these places should go to non season ticket holders. The circumstances at present are unfortunate for all of us and those that simply aren’t in a position to lay out a large sum of money all at once, should not miss out. This of course would also generate much needed additional income to our club which I’m sure would be much appreciated.
    Don't really agree that non season ticket holders should get preference when restricted attendance over people who have forked out to fund the club at this strange time. Not underplaying at all the economic hardships people will be facing which may put buying a season ticket quite far down the priority list however the club have I think done as much as they can in terms of extending the payment plan more than once.

Well that's never going to happen.

Can you imagine the uproar if you've got 10,000 ST holders and then say that 50% of them are not going to be allowed entry, then they realise that 2,000 of the 7,000 places are going to non-ST holders.

Not going to happen!

There should be some allowances made for walk ups if possible

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    A nice sentiment from you but a none starter that would never be considered and rightly so.

I am not a season ticket holder. I do not feel I should be allowed in until all season ticket holders are back.

I do think I should be able to buy the games online though until people are going back to ground. I will pay my share even if it is overpriced.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

This bit in bold is correct.

However the club are not going to tell a ST holder who has shelled out £400 that they cant come to watch the game but someone paying £22 for that match can.

Like it or not, ST holders are the bedrock of the clubs annual income.

This idea is a non starter

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    There should be some allowances made for walk ups if possible
    Of course, we should get as many fans as we can into the ground. If we're allowed 12k and we have 10k season ticket holders then we can have 2k walk ups.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    I am not a season ticket holder. I do not feel I should be allowed in until all season ticket holders are back.

I do think I should be able to buy the games online though until people are going back to ground. I will pay my share even if it is overpriced.
    When season tickets start going to games. The club will then be able to sell the streams that would be used by them. Sky cap it at season tickets (higher of this year and last year). That'll be where Hibs income will come. Selling streams to fans once say 5,000 are allowed into the ground

Everybody's entitled to their viewpoint.

No matter how crazy.

Thanks but as they would say in dragons den I'll tell you where I'm at. I'm out. I hope that would never be considered

Absolutely not.

I've been supportive of the deadlines being extended and I actually feel today's deadline should be extended again until we have the fixtures published.

However once fans are allowed, if the numbers are restricted then it HAS to only be season ticket holders who are allowed in. Once all season ticket holders are back then we can look at non season ticket holders.

What I do agree with is that the closed door games should be available for non season ticket holders to buy on a game by game basis and should cost the same price as an adult walk up price did for the same game last season (Dundee Utd should be category B pricing).

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post

I'm in the same situation as you because of distance, and share your view as well. A necessary reality in these extraordinary times unfortunately.

I say this having spent the price of a season ticket many times over following Hibs last season and currently funding 2 season tickets. Buying the games online would be huge.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    I don't see a problem with selling the streamed games at £22/£25 a game and let everyone without a season ticket pay-per view. I already watch some Hibs away games on pay-per-view through NOW TV and this is only £6/£8. We should also be able to watch away game streams at a high price - all money for the clubs.

How about building a giant screen at Leith Links and live streaming the home games to walk-ups.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    I won’t be able to get a ST this year but I don’t think non ST’s should get access over ST’s.

But I am hoping that hibs announce some sort of package so we can buy ‘tickets’ to watch the games.

You want to tell people who have bought a ticket for an event that they can’t come because you want to sell more tickets for the event? Any idea how crazy that sounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    The conditions will dictated how many fans are permitted in the the stadium when fans are finally allowed to return. If we are playing at ER and 1 metre distance is applied then that more or less covers our 10000 ST holders. That would be fair.
    However, Leeann Dempster has said our preference would be to go to Murrayfield in these circumstances. That being the case then there would be more than enough space for ticket sales to anyone that wanted them.
    Personally, I believe that the priority is all about catering fir home support. Until that is satisfied there should be no consideration given to away fans

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    How about building a giant screen at Leith Links and live streaming the home games to walk-ups.
    Yeh, let’s have giant crowds in Leith links. Should be no problem. I had heard the virus only spreads in stadiums, not public parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Yeh, let’s have giant crowds in Leith links. Should be no problem. I had heard the virus only spreads in stadiums, not public parks.

Cool, do you fancy a job selling the ice cream?

Quote Originally Posted by Numptie View Post
    I don't see a problem with selling the streamed games at £22/£25 a game and let everyone without a season ticket pay-per view. I already watch some Hibs away games on pay-per-view through NOW TV and this is only £6/£8. We should also be able to watch away game streams at a high price - all money for the clubs.
    I think the deal with Sky only covers season ticket holders. Sky don’t want people spending their disposable income on football they are not screening.

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    Would it be possible for season ticket holders, who can't go to all the games for whatever reason to inform the ticket office and sell to say a waiting list of fans who wish to buy a ticket. It would maximize income from the games when fans are allowed back.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I would imagine that Hibs have a limit set on the number of STs available (90% of home capacity?).

Why not apply the same ratio to restricted attendances, ie. 90% STs & 10% walk-ups.

STs are important but walk ups bring in vital cash throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I would imagine that Hibs have a limit set on the number of STs available (90% of home capacity?).

Why not apply the same ratio to restricted attendances, ie. 90% STs & 10% walk-ups.

STs are important but walk ups bring in vital cash throughout the season.
    Not going to happen. I bought my season ticket and I expect that to give me priority access to games over people who don’t buy a season ticket. Especially this year when I purchased it knowing it would be terrible value for money.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    The Club has got to make every effort to maximise their income and I don't doubt for a minute that non season ticket holders will also get the opportunity to see as many "live" Hibs games as possible - whether it is via satellite tv, Hibs TV or whatever.

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jingler1954 View Post
    Would it be possible for season ticket holders, who can't go to all the games for whatever reason to inform the ticket office and sell to say a waiting list of fans who wish to buy a ticket. It would maximize income from the games when fans are allowed back.
    Totally agree with this. I bought an ST this season knowing that I will not actually be able to get to many games. The club already allow ST seats to be freed up for high demand games. This should be extended to all games, though not with any refund to ST holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    The Club has got to make every effort to maximise their income and I don't doubt for a minute that non season ticket holders will also get the opportunity to see as many "live" Hibs games as possible - whether it is via satellite tv, Hibs TV or whatever.
    They will get an opportunity as and when that opportunity exists.

That opportunity will be in addition to, not instead of, anyone who has bought a season ticket though.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Not going to happen. I bought my season ticket and I expect that to give me priority access to games over people who don’t buy a season ticket. Especially this year when I purchased it knowing it would be terrible value for money.

I understand 100%

When I lived in Edinburgh I attended 80%+ of all Hibs matches, home & away, but never had a season ticket. Due to other commitments I couldn't make Saturday matches at the beginning and end of the season. I would have argued that I merited my place as much as the vast majority of supporters.

It's difficult to keep everyone happy.

Absolutely not. Season ticket holders rightfully deserve priority.

Hopefully we take up the Murrayfield option we have and then in the scenario described in the op where we could say get 7k fans into ER we’d be able to fit the full capacity of ER in to Murrayfield and nobody would be missing out