Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

How many season tickets sold

With Lee Johnson in charge..
    With Jon Dahl Tomasson in charge..

@2million pds per 5000
    ...over to you RG (businessman)..

2. Log in to remove the advert

If we could just move on and support the club instead of all the whining maybe things will be ok.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    How much extra a week in wages is JDT wanting? How much extra wages are his back room staff wanting for relocating to a different country? How much of a bigger transfer budget is he demanding? What if despite all these extra costs, he’s not a success, as he hasn’t been in 2 of his 3 managerial jobs? How much is it costing to pay him off if he’s a disaster like he has been in 2 of his 3 managerial jobs?

Over to you football fan (with limited information available to make the best decision and no consequences to face should you get the decision wrong)

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

@2million pds per 5000
    Christ, I would have preferred JDT but this is just mental. You’d be lucky if the managerial appointment would swing season ticket sales by 500 but 5000, absolute cloud cuckoo land nonsense. Get a grip man.

The OP has a point though.

As did the first reply.

And how can Ron bring the 2 together?

By exciting the fans with smart spending of the Boyle money, and more.

If Johnson is given a shoestring budget he'll be no more than the next Fall Guy

So yeah, we need to unify, but the transfer market is now the only way the fans can be excited or motivated for next season

Big big summer ahead

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    How much extra a week in wages is JDT wanting? How much extra wages are his back room staff wanting for relocating to a different country? How much of a bigger transfer budget is he demanding? What if despite all these extra costs, he’s not a success, as he hasn’t been in 2 of his 3 managerial jobs? How much is it costing to pay him off if he’s a disaster like he has been in 2 of his 3 managerial jobs?

Over to you football fan (with limited information available to make the best decision and no consequences to face should you get the decision wrong)
    A disaster? He had a 40% win record at Excelsior who are a yo yo team and only lost 6 games in 25. He never got sacked there, in fact he was head hunted for a bigger job so I’m not quite sure how he was a disaster there. Far from being a disaster, he appears to have been a pretty big success.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 19-05-2022 at 07:45 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    If we sold 10000 greggs sausage rolls at £1.50 each at home games then we’d make £2.85m from just the league games.

So Ron, if you’re not going to do it, how you planning to fill that c£3m funding gap.

I am livid.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

@2million pds per 5000
    Why dont we appoint both, we'd need to build a bigger stadium?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    A disaster? He had a 40% win record at Excelsior who are a yo yo team and only lost 6 games in 25. He never got sacked there, in fact he was head hunted for a bigger job so I’m not quite sure how he was a disaster there. Far from being a disaster, he appears to have been a pretty big success.
    Stand corrected on that front then, I read online he was hated by both those fans and nearly got both relegated. If that’s wrong though I’ll hold my hands up for that.

General point still stands though.

Stand corrected on that front then, I read online he was hated by both those fans and nearly got both relegated. If that’s wrong though I’ll hold my hands up for that.

General point still stands though.
    Might be dislikes because he left them mid season. He left them in the play off positions and they ended up getting promoted through the play offs.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    We could employ almost any manager on earth and it wouldn't swing season tickets by 5000. What will is having a team people want to watch.

All of which pretty much sums up why Malky McKay was probably the most viable option. Wouldn't cost much, he has a point to prove in respect of where he thinks he should be as manager of a bigger club. He had a decent last season in this league.
    The European coefficient has never been better. This is not the time for a wee experiment, just get a steady hand with a knowledge of the league and an eye for a player.
    Season ticket sales will be way down anyway irrespective of who is appointed, so why risk paying over the odds on a manager untried in the Scottish game. Mackay wouldn't cost much and if you gave him the savings into a transfer kitty, he would likely use them wisely. He did manage to unearth the leagues joint top scorer last season.
    It's all well and good for the owner to talk about ambition, but in my opinion he is clueless and so far he has only taken us backwards. Deciding it was better to go into a cup final managerless was the first real red flag. Maloney appointment was a bigger one.

Quote Originally Posted by heid the baw View Post
    All of which pretty much sums up why Malky McKay was probably the most viable option. Wouldn't cost much, he has a point to prove in respect of where he thinks he should be as manager of a bigger club. He had a decent last season in this league.
    The European coefficient has never been better. This is not the time for a wee experiment, just get a steady hand with a knowledge of the league and an eye for a player.
    Season ticket sales will be way down anyway irrespective of who is appointed, so why risk paying over the odds on a manager untried in the Scottish game. Mackay wouldn't cost much and if you gave him the savings into a transfer kitty, he would likely use them wisely. He did manage to unearth the leagues joint top scorer last season.
    It's all well and good for the owner to talk about ambition, but in my opinion he is clueless and so far he has only taken us backwards. Deciding it was better to go into a cup final managerless was the first real red flag. Maloney appointment was a bigger one.
    This isn't an experiment. The guy is vastly experienced.

@hibs.net private member
    You missed the part about him being a horrible prick who’s intolerant of anyone who isn’t a straight white male.

MacKay’s season with Ross County was nothing special, recency bias just makes it seem that way because their results in 2022 were much better than results earlier in the season. Their final points total was exactly in line with their average points total in the top tier and they did nothing in the cups. Derek Adams & Jim McIntyre had much more successful seasons with Ross County than MacKay plus Adams did so with a smaller budget.

Also, Charles-Cook was at Ross County before MacKay arrived, he had nothing to do with his recruitment.
    Last edited by CapitalGreen; 19-05-2022 at 08:29 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Imho, I expect Hibs to sell about 9000 season tickets if Johnson takes charge but potentially selling nearer 14-15000 with JDT. At a difference of 2million pds, I'd expect Hibs could go for the the bigger name manager.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Imho, I expect Hibs to sell about 9000 season tickets if Johnson takes charge but potentially selling nearer 14-15000 with JDT. At a difference of 2million pds, I'd expect Hibs could go for the the bigger name manager.
    Even after winning the cup we couldn't win for over 100 years we sold less than 14k season tickets, so a manager is not going to shift thousands of tickets.
    Last edited by SlickShoes; 19-05-2022 at 09:22 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

JDT would sell more ST's than LJ but nowhere near that figure you're quoting, absolutely no chance of 14-15k season tickets being sold if JDT was appointed.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 19-05-2022 at 09:32 AM.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I wanted JDT too but what planet are you living on? I don’t know one non-Season ticket holder who would have been swayed to get one by JDT but apparently there is 5,000 out there just waiting to buy.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    JDT would sell more ST's than LJ but nowhere near that figure you're quoting, absolutely no chance of 14-15k season tickets being sold if JDT was appointed.
    Yip. Some of the assumptions are fanciful and the basic arithmetic is embarrassing. One poster cannot multiple 10k by 1.5 x18 games. Out by a factor of 10! Others ignore VAT and reduced price seasons.

Frankly how an unknown manager would make the decision positive for someone not otherwise buying a season ticket, I have no concept. The current economic position for the entire country will naturally depress sales. People are worried about paying for a raft of costs, so secondary expenditure like Netflix and seasons will get dumped. Add a terrible season and selling more than last year is near impossible.

I am renewing but I expect to be sitting in a significantly diminished crowd. Most teams will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    You missed the part about him being a horrible prick who’s intolerant of anyone who isn’t a straight white male.
    Intolerant, please explain

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    What makes you think that? If we appointed Klopp or Pep, possibly; otherwise no.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough
    How many more fans would buy season tickets with JDT over LJ in people's opinion??

How many more fans would buy season tickets with JDT over LJ in people's opinion??
    It's very difficult to say, but I wouldn't think much of a difference. JDT isn't a superstar of management or anything. Roy Keane would have seen more sold I think, due to his name.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    In my opinion, none. A manager rarely excites. A good to watch winning team will have people buying season tickets or attending games as walk ups . Our last high profile manager(Neil Lennon) did not increase season tickets by any great amount, winning on the pitch kept our walk ups high
    Last edited by Ringothedog; 19-05-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    MacKay’s season with Ross County was nothing special, recency bias just makes it seem that way because their results in 2022 were much better than results earlier in the season. Their final points total was exactly in line with their average points total in the top tier and they did nothing in the cups. Derek Adams & Jim McIntyre had much more successful seasons with Ross County than MacKay plus Adams did so with a smaller budget.

Also, Charles-Cook was at Ross County before MacKay arrived, he had nothing to do with his recruitment.
    Actually mackay went in to a mess and managed to turn their season around from being relegation candidates to top six European place candidates in the space of 2 transfer windows,with a meagre budget and squad.

He made them considerably more dangerous in attack,and all together a much more organised unit.

As you said also Charles cook was there last season,some turnaround in a player who was a very different prospect to last season.
    I’m sure mackay must’ve had some impact with his skills as a coach in order to get the best out of the lad.

If you don’t fancy mackay for hibs fair enough,but afford him the merits for a job well done.anybody when they have a wee look at that team can see the transformation they’ve had in one full season.

Hopefully whoever gets the hibs job can do similar with 3times the budget.

I thought that was an Albanian flag in the thread title until I zoomed in and saw that it said "admit one" on it.

Left by mutual consent!
    2 friends have just renewed after the appointment of Johnson. Exciting times ahead.

New manager in place and big summer of squad transition ahead. Get your season tickets if you can, laddies and lassies. Obviously, these are difficult times and millions of people are struggling; nobody should feel guilty if cash is tight and there are more important priorities, but sign up again if you possibly can.

Fingers crossed for a much improved season.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHFC View Post
    2 friends have just renewed after the appointment of Johnson. Exciting times ahead.
    Can I suggest all those who said they wouldn't renew will, once they see the first couple of his signings.