hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not turning up

Not turning up

How is it that a team who can play at a certain level let that level drop as a collective unit ? The manager said that there was less of a buzz about the training last week when there was no chance of a european place well that is clearly not good enough. I doubt that you would ever get this sort of attitude from the old firm and this is what p..... most fans off when they pay good money and the team just chucks it, a major clear out needed at ER and PH has a bigger job on his hands than he initially realised.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Didn't he say there were some frank discussions RE next seasons plans?

Unfortunately today was a complete nothing to play for game (other than pride and travelling fans of course but chances are the players are on their sun loungers mentally already)

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is it that a team who can play at a certain level let that level drop as a collective unit ? The manager said that there was less of a buzz about the training last week when there was no chance of a european place well that is clearly not good enough. I doubt that you would ever get this sort of attitude from the old firm and this is what p..... most fans off when they pay good money and the team just chucks it, a major clear out needed at ER and PH has a bigger job on his hands than he initially realised.
    I agree mate was fuming at full time and was shocked at some fans applauding the team tbh...they put in hee haw effort today for a more than decent travelling support. Yes nothing to play for but we deserved better that a brief flurry 10 mins from time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Didn't he say there were some frank discussions RE next seasons plans?

Unfortunately today was a complete nothing to play for game (other than pride and travelling fans of course but chances are the players are on their sun loungers mentally already)
    And Killie had everything to play for
    Lose-lose for us today with europe gone

Blog Entries
    In a perverse sort of way, today’s defeat doesn’t upset me too much as it gives Killie a chance of third place. I think they deserve it more than Aberdeen.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    They appeared to be more concerned with keeping themselves injury free for their holiday's than they did about winning the game.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I agree mate was fuming at full time and was shocked at some fans applauding the team tbh...they put in hee haw effort today for a more than decent travelling support. Yes nothing to play for but we deserved better that a brief flurry 10 mins from time.

I never went along today but watched the game on Hibs TV. I'd have been livid if I had spent money travelling and on a ticket to then have to witness a performance what can only be described as abject.

There will always been supporters who will clap on regardless and equally those that will show disdain even when we've played well. I don't understand it but to each their own.

I bet some of those same folk who clapped a team that didn't show up today will be the same folk who take aim when many of the support don't turn up against Aberdeen...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    I never went along today but watched the game on Hibs TV. I'd have been livid if I had spent money travelling and on a ticket to then have to witness a performance what can only be described as abject.

There will always been supporters who will clap on regardless and equally those that will show disdain even when we've played well. I don't understand it but to each their own.

I bet some of those same folk who clapped a team that didn't show up today will be the same folk who take aim when many of the support don't turn up against Aberdeen...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I didn't boo and dont like to but I wasnt staying to applaud neither...they were dreadful today and last week at Ibrox too. If I didn't have a ST I wouldn't be paying to go watch next week neither as they have clearly hung up their boots for the summer already if the last 2 weeks are anything to go by. A few of them may just have sealed their own exits from the club as Hecky cant be impressed with some over the last few weeks

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    When did we last have nothing to play for at the end of the season? It's been a few years now anyway.

I know we should be looking to get as many points as possible and end on a high but it's only natural that the foot comes off the gas a little when there's nothing to play for. Couple that with the fact that Killie are just a good side, playing for 3rd and so are going to make us look worse than we are too.

Heck said himself that he's looking at next season already. He can't blame the players for that attitude trickling down.
    Mon the Hibs.

Happens to every team on the planet if nothing to play for.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    As far as I am concerned there is no such thing as a nothing to play for game. First and foremost, you play for the green and white jersey and what it means to put it on. If that needs to be pointed out out to players, then they need a reality check.

You'd think we lost by 5 or 6. They showed alot more yesterday than when we lost 3-0 earlier in the year

I will be up for my first game in 8 years next week and hopefully see a good performance and nice send off for the fans who turn up week in and week out.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Lots of people going way OTT about yesterday’s performance. As far as Hibs were concerned it was a meaningless game played on a terrible surface with an even worse referee.
    I had a good day out to Killie with my son, grandson, brother and friends. Had a few beers and shared a few laughs. Some folk really need to chill. GGTTH

Wonder if anyone disagrees with me when I say the majority of our first half performance have been woeful. That includes stj win Dundee win livi win rangers draw and hearts win.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Wonder if anyone disagrees with me when I say the majority of our first half performance have been woeful. That includes stj win Dundee win livi win rangers draw and hearts win.
    Dundee was okay, scored 2 great goals. Rest yes, you are correct. Lennon often had shocking first halfs as well.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    All ended up with good results though, so who really cares? Result at full time is all that matters.

We were ***** under Lennon for about 16 games in a row and ended up in 8th place. Heckingbottom has us fifth with largely the same squad.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Dundee was okay, scored 2 great goals. Rest yes, you are correct. Lennon often had shocking first halfs as well.
    Dundee first 20 mins was poor. Couldn't care less about Lennon now.

Kamberi is useless out wide, McNulty is proving to be very average, far to pedestrian in mf at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    All ended up with good results though, so who really cares? Result at full time is all that matters.
    I know that's why I specifically said first halves, last two results we didn't turn it around. The fact is we can't keep having mediocre at best first halves next season because teams will soon learn to see games out against us.

We were ***** under Lennon for about 16 games in a row and ended up in 8th place. Heckingbottom has us fifth with largely the same squad.
    Jeezo people still talking about Lennon on this place.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I know that's why I specifically said first halves, last two results we didn't turn it around. The fact is we can't keep having mediocre at best first halves next season because teams will soon learn to see games out against us.
    I genuinely couldn’t care less how we play in the first half of games as long as we win. Trying to put the new manager down because we’ve played poorly in the first half of games we’ve actually won seems a bit mental.

He’ll get his own players in over the summer and we’ll hopefully continue to get the kind of results he’s had since he arrived.

Dundee first 20 mins was poor. Couldn't care less about Lennon now.

Kamberi is useless out wide, McNulty is proving to be very average, far to pedestrian in mf at times.
    Right and what should we do about that we 1 game to go and the window shut?

Kamberi wasn't out wide yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Right and what should we do about that we 1 game to go and the window shut?

Kamberi wasn't out wide yesterday
    I know he wasn't, because he was dropped because of insipid performances out wide.

Your rite next season will be how hecky is judged 7/10 for this season.

I genuinely couldn’t care less how we play in the first half of games as long as we win. Trying to put the new manager down because we’ve played poorly in the first half of games we’ve actually won seems a bit mental.

He’ll get his own players in over the summer and we’ll hopefully continue to get the kind of results he’s had since he arrived.
    Who's trying to put hecky down, most would agree with me.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Who's trying to put hecky down, most would agree with me.
    For someone who ‘hardly ever posts anymore’ you’re knocking yourself out today Paco.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    For someone who ‘hardly ever posts anymore’ you’re knocking yourself out today Paco.
    Because that was such an incepid performance yesterday regardless if their was nothing to play for or not.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 12-05-2019 at 08:57 PM.

There seems to be a lack of leadership during games, surely this must come from the captain on the pitch who should be rousing his team to greater efforts if things are not going right, i seldom see this. i also think there is a lack of athleticism in our squad, to play football you need the ball and you have to work hard for that, which of our midfielders would you back to win a fifty fifty challenge !

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Happens to every team on the planet if nothing to play for.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think Hecky has come out and said that to send a message to the players that if they ain't willing to put in the effort they will be on their way out.

It was woefully inept. Now I don't care if it was a dead rubber, I expect much better from our professional players.

1500 went to watch and deserved much better than that.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull