hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Nba

So how are we seeing this one going? Celtics must be favorite if they can take a 3-1 lead to the west coast.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So how are we seeing this one going? Celtics must be favorite if they can take a 3-1 lead to the west coast.

as much as I want the warriors to win in this instance, I agree, if the celtics take the next game it’ll be tough for GS to come back

wouldn’t be surprised to see this one going to 7 though

Definitely going to 7 this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know era's change as the years go on but Steph definitely top 5 shooters of all time.

I know era's change as the years go on but Steph definitely top 5 shooters of all time.
    I would say he's the absolute best by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    I would say he's the absolute best by a country mile.
    Curry is absolutely the best shooter of all time, lots of other great shooters but agree that none are even that close to Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsGW View Post
    Curry is absolutely the best shooter of all time, lots of other great shooters but agree that none are even that close to Curry.

yep, the way teams can panic when he’s on the court, he’s levels above

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    yep, the way teams can panic when he’s on the court, he’s levels above
    Yep I agree also and I just said top 5 as there will always be someone in a different era who maybe would say Reggie Miller etc would shoot more in today's game etc but I'm Steph all the way.

Some of the shots he made the other night was amazing.

Warriors up 3-2 now, Curry had his first playoff game in 133 games without making a three pointer.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Curry was just unbelievable in game 6. Warriors deserved winners over the season - I got to enjoy Championship 2 and 3 while being in SF, so it's been a bit of a dampener enjoying this from back home this season.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Curry was just unbelievable in game 6. Warriors deserved winners over the season - I got to enjoy Championship 2 and 3 while being in SF, so it's been a bit of a dampener enjoying this from back home this season.

the city must have been buzzing, no wonder you’ll be missing that, do they do things like parades etc?

I know the bulls used to hold sort of championship concerts/rallies back in the 90s

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    There was a massive victory parade in 2017 through San Fran and I think they’ve already announced another one for this year.

I watched the winning game in 2017 in the Giants stadium sports bar. They put on a special event with former Warriors players and Giants players being there giving speeches and whipping the place into a frenzy. Was great to be there, even if I was on my own!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    There was a massive victory parade in 2017 through San Fran and I think they’ve already announced another one for this year.

I watched the winning game in 2017 in the Giants stadium sports bar. They put on a special event with former Warriors players and Giants players being there giving speeches and whipping the place into a frenzy. Was great to be there, even if I was on my own!

that sounds amazing

Draft night later with Jeremy Sochan expected to be picked.

Seen a few stories this past week so a bit of UK interest.

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    KD asks for a trade right before free agency begins tonight...not a huge shock but Kyrie must be raging after opting in! Possible destinations for KD? Phoenix being suggested by a few on Twitter..imagine if he rolled up in New Orleans with Zion though!

Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    KD asks for a trade right before free agency begins tonight...not a huge shock but Kyrie must be raging after opting in! Possible destinations for KD? Phoenix being suggested by a few on Twitter..imagine if he rolled up in New Orleans with Zion though!

kyrie will probably be traded as well, possibly Ben Simmons as well

this has been an unmitigated disaster for Brooklyn. They had an up and coming, feisty, go-to-battle together, talented group of young players and promising coach who had taken a team that was a bit of a laughing stock and made them a decent team and one that a lot of neutrals were starting to praise, and threw that situation away, through binning the coach to suit KD and Kyrie, trading away or letting walk in free agency many of the young players who had turned them around, signed players because they were mates with KD and Kyrie (DeAndre Jordan), and traded control of the next several years draft picks, and all they have to show for it is a single playoff series win.

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    kyrie will probably be traded as well, possibly Ben Simmons as well

this has been an unmitigated disaster for Brooklyn. They had an up and coming, feisty, go-to-battle together, talented group of young players and promising coach who had taken a team that was a bit of a laughing stock and made them a decent team and one that a lot of neutrals were starting to praise, and threw that situation away, through binning the coach to suit KD and Kyrie, trading away or letting walk in free agency many of the young players who had turned them around, signed players because they were mates with KD and Kyrie (DeAndre Jordan), and traded control of the next several years draft picks, and all they have to show for it is a single playoff series win.
    Guess the question with Kyrie would be is he worth the baggage that comes along with him? For me the answer is no, great player though he is, the implosion is never far away. Even Durant to some degree is a risk as he tends to decide he wants to be elsewhere if he doesn't like the current set up. Utah seem to be going for the rebuild, I wonder if there's something that could happen there with Donovan Mitchell going to Brooklyn? I wouldn't be too shocked if the Nets even said no trade, the title window is open now and their best shot at it is with KD in the team. He only signed a new contract last year!

Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    Guess the question with Kyrie would be is he worth the baggage that comes along with him? For me the answer is no, great player though he is, the implosion is never far away. Even Durant to some degree is a risk as he tends to decide he wants to be elsewhere if he doesn't like the current set up. Utah seem to be going for the rebuild, I wonder if there's something that could happen there with Donovan Mitchell going to Brooklyn? I wouldn't be too shocked if the Nets even said no trade, the title window is open now and their best shot at it is with KD in the team. He only signed a new contract last year!

utah isn’t a bad shout tbh, equally the Nets hold the strong cards here, because he’s on a long contract they can afford to wait for an acceptable trade offer. It’s a bit catch 22, the nets will want a kings ransom, on the flip side, other teams know he wants away and won’t want to give up a lot to get him. KD is notoriously thin skinned, and hates criticism, I mean he even created anonymous Twitter accounts to defend himself 😂

I think the nets will be patient, they don’t even start preseason for a couple of months. I also wouldn’t be surprised if KD decides to sit out if we get into the season and nothings moved. I’d be wary as a GM thinking of trading for him, he’s walked away from OKC because he didn’t fancy how they were doing things, left the Warriors because he got narked that it was deemed to be Steph’s team and not his, and then fell out with Draymond because he wanted to be held above the rest of them. If things don’t work out well with whatever happens next, KD’s career could be on a quiet wind down, which is a shame.

as for kyrie, I totally agree with you, he’s not worth the hassle.

O'Neal and Pippin jnr playing for Lakers summer league team, did see a few clips on YouTube.

New season has just tipped off, 76'sers at Boston.

My 2-10 shift now means I will be able to watch some games.

Lakers vs warriors at 3am.

@hibs.net private member
    New season has just tipped off, 76'sers at Boston.

My 2-10 shift now means I will be able to watch some games.

Lakers vs warriors at 3am.
    Who has the coverage this season tambo still sky sports?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Who has the coverage this season tambo still sky sports?
    Aye still sky sports so probably some free games on YouTube on Sundays.

Nets didn't look great last night with zion putting up soke good numbers.

Bucks vs 76ers on sky sports arena in a hour, TNT tip off now. Big contract extension for chuck.

@hibs.net private member
    Aye still sky sports so probably some free games on YouTube on Sundays.

Nets didn't look great last night with zion putting up soke good numbers.

Bucks vs 76ers on sky sports arena in a hour, TNT tip off now. Big contract extension for chuck.
    Saw a little of nets 4th quarter on sky soon after I posted there, game was probably over with them 23 points down but they missed an incredible amount
    Shooting was way off

Lakers looking to get the first win of the season vs 2-0 portland.

A chances to see LeBron add some more points on the race to beat kareem as the all time scorer.

8:30 on YouTube.

Another defeat for the lakers which now makes them 0-4.

Make that 0-5 and questions will be asked when they can get the first W of the season.
    Last edited by Tambo; 30-10-2022 at 08:05 PM.

Anyone see Dwight Howard Taiwanese debut? Seen his highlights last night and looked like he was having a lot of fun.

LeBron to break the scoring record tonight.

Can see him dropping 40+

Can see him dropping 40+

yeah he probably will, certainly be early in their next game at the latest

still very prettily glad his team are doing pish this year

Can see him dropping 40+
    Good call T. 30 points with a quarter and 4 mins+ to go…

Game now stopped with ten seconds to go in the third so they can have a presentation (and court invasion) for James 😂😂😂