hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Testimonial Due

Season Tickets 19/20 season

I’m curious as to what others will do as if seems likely the season is over with Hibs having potentially 5 home games left?

As I see it the club and season ticket holders have 3 ways of dealing with it...

1. Refund the remaining value
    2. Offer a discount for next season
    3. Supporters can agree to forfeit the value and “donate” it to the club

Personally I’d take option 3 as I’ve already given the club the money and have no expectations of getting any back but this might not be how others feel.

Curious as to what others think the options are and what they would do if the season is indeed over?

2. Log in to remove the advert

free cup top ups for 1 game only next season for all season ticket renewals, to be made available on eticketing to be redeemed at any home game of your choosing.

Something like that. Good gesture and fill the stadium

@hibs.net private member
    Option 3

I don’t think anyone would be looking for any money back. Yes it’s unfortunate, but no way would I be looking to take money back from Hibs.

Does the T&C state 19 home games or all home league games? If the latter they might not have to offer anything?

If they legally had to offer compo/refunds it could be pretty catastrophic not just for us but the whole of Scottish football if there was a large uptake.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    It's going to be tough enough for the club financially without supporters asking for a refund.
    Definate no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does the T&C state 19 home games or all home league games? If the latter they might not have to offer anything?

If they legally had to offer compo/refunds it could be pretty catastrophic not just for us but the whole of Scottish football if there was a large uptake.
    19 league games is never in black and white due to the split.

If they avoid the season then fans of all clubs could rightly ask for a full refund hence why they won't void the season.

I would let Hibs keep the money no matter what the outcome.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Surely no one will be looking for a refund? Hibs already have my money and will need it in this unprecedented time so I for one am not interested in a refund of any amount

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Surely no one will be looking for a refund? Hibs already have my money and will need it in this unprecedented time so I for one am not interested in a refund of any amount
    I’m sure a lot of fans will need the money too in these unprecedented times.

I wouldn’t personally ask for any money back but I can see why some might!

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I wouldn’t want a refund either. Yet there’s a thread running and people are wanting refunds from hotels and train companies. It’s amazing how we treat our football club differently.

First Team Breakthrough
    I would personally go for option 2 the vast majority of season ticket holders will renew next season & if the season is finished I think it is only fair that the home games we can't attend are taken off next season's ST price which is already up £35pp anyway.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    Option 3 for me.

@hibs.net private member

Season Tickets 19/20 season

Option 3 for me too...any discount simply reduces the budget for next season..and we are already going to be materially short due to months without football..

Perhaps the solution is to give fans a choice to wave their discount ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I'm sure there will be plenty people looking for a refund or a reduction on next season's season ticket, if the season isn't completed.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Option 3

I don’t think anyone would be looking for any money back. Yes it’s unfortunate, but no way would I be looking to take money back from Hibs.

It’s not Hibs fault if the season doesn’t pick up again. I’d rather they kept the money from season tickets as they’ll be losing money elsewhere.

Anyone who wishes the club to succeeded will opt for 3.

@hibs.net private member
    It will be interesting to know how out of pocket the club was. For instance we already have revenue for 13000 tickets. At the moment we are getting around 16k for most games and more for the big 3 games. We now may have no costs in terms of policing and stewarding etc. Possibly less player bonuses too. What is the shortfall.

I bought my season ticket for a season's worth of fixtures. As long as this season is not voided that is what we will end up with regardless of how this is solved. The other issue is that the early bird money for planning will be late this year so it may be worth the club asking for help from fans if they need it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Anyone who wishes the club to succeeded will opt for 3.
    If they can afford to......

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    It will be interesting to know how out of pocket the club was. For instance we already have revenue for 13000 tickets. At the moment we are getting around 16k for most games and more for the big 3 games. We now may have no costs in terms of policing and stewarding etc. Possibly less player bonuses too. What is the shortfall.

I bought my season ticket for a season's worth of fixtures. As long as this season is not voided that is what we will end up with regardless of how this is solved. The other issue is that the early bird money for planning will be late this year so it may be worth the club asking for help from fans if they need it.
    TV games, sponsorship, away fans, walk ups, hospitality, club shop etc....will be 100s of thousands I guess....will be a difficult time , even for us...dipping into our cash reserves

I'm happy with option 3 or whatever the club decides.

They could maybe make a wee gesture like 10 free pie vouchers or a £25 club store voucher with season ticket renewals.

What happens if in 3 months down the line we haven't gotten any further and there's still no sign of any football being played. Are folk gonna spend £100s on new season tickets if the season isn't gonna start? Some will but plenty will not.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I have already spent the money so option 3.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    What happens if in 3 months down the line we haven't gotten any further and there's still no sign of any football being played. Are folk gonna spend £100s on new season tickets if the season isn't gonna start? Some will but plenty will not.
    I can't see them selling season tickets for next season any time soon.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    The club shouldn’t offer any money back, or any discounts whatsoever for next season.

It’s not their fault this has happened, and it is going to be tough times so they need as big a cash reserve as possible. Anyone asking for a refund won’t be a ‘supporter’I in my eyes.

I’d also encourage the club to get next years season tickets on sale now. I’d renew tomorrow and I’m sure there are thousands others that would as well. Given the interest rates are even lower now as well it would be even better for the club in terms of the payment plan.

Option 3. The club need the money and I want the club to be successful. Only way that changes is if they void the season. I won’t take kindly to being told I just paid to watch a load of friendlies.
    Next seasons season ticket money may be the problem if the league try to make it a shorter season to finish this one. I’m not paying the same money for a lot less games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    The club shouldn’t offer any money back, or any discounts whatsoever for next season.

It’s not their fault this has happened, and it is going to be tough times so they need as big a cash reserve as possible. Anyone asking for a refund won’t be a ‘supporter’I in my eyes.

I’d also encourage the club to get next years season tickets on sale now. I’d renew tomorrow and I’m sure there are thousands others that would as well. Given the interest rates are even lower now as well it would be even better for the club in terms of the payment plan.
    When peoples jobs are at risk you can’t justify £400 fir a season ticket.

I’m sorry but I disagree that thousands will just pay for a season ticket when you have no idea when football will resume.

At this time far more important things to spend money on.

I love my hibs but family first I’m afraid.

@hibs.net private member
    I’d happy donate and would be more than happy with a thank you email from the club.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    When peoples jobs are at risk you can’t justify £400 fir a season ticket.

I’m sorry but I disagree that thousands will just pay for a season ticket when you have no idea when football will resume.

At this time far more important things to spend money on.

I love my hibs but family first I’m afraid.
    Agreed. Many people just don't have several hundred pounds lying around to give to a football club when there is no guarantees on when the football will restart.

Good for those who do have that money lying around but I'll not be buying a season ticket until the situation becomes a lot clearer.

This seasons money they can keep, season ticket is bought and paid for and is pretty much a donation to the club at the start of the season regardless of how many games I can make or not. Things will be tight. Potentially going to lose out on Celtic, St Johnstone, Rangers, Aberdeen and Motherwell away receipts, plus Hibs walk-ups, hospitality, programmes and other match-day income.

Regarding next season its a tough one. If the club was on its last legs then i'd do my best to renew. However will I be quick to stump up to help pay staff who earn potentially 5-6 times my weekly wage when I myself am likely to be donald ducked should we go into a Italy-esque lockdown, probably not. There will no doubt be plenty out there who won't be affacted so if Hibs need a cash injection i'm sure they'd sell 1000 or so no bother at all. Could even do a pay half now half whenever the season has confirmed start day to keep money coming in. I'm sure we'll be sound though. Put the big screen and covered project brave pitch on hold for now I guess would save a few quid.

Reckon for Budge this will be an ideal situation for her to keep control of Hearts which she always wanted IMO. Easily enough money to cover any shortfalls that FoH might not have.
    Last edited by Antifa Hibs; 15-03-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Option three for me because I've already spent the money and attended games. I didn't get a refund from Hibs for those games I couldn't make, so why should I get a refund from the club when it's not Hibs' decision to cancel the remaining home fixtures?

So far we've had fifteen home games, with two outstanding (St Johnstone and Celtc) and probably two more after the split. Keeping the numbers simple, that's £20 per game if a £380 season ticket is spread over nineteen games.

The potential refund is therefore £80 ie 21% of the cost of the ticket and that has a real impact on the club's finances when we remember that Scottish football is heavily dependent on gate money. For comparison, someone on £26k pa will have about £21k after tax and NI, so £80 is 0.38% of net income which will still make a difference to them if their salary is reduced due to lost hours etc.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I'd opt for option 3 personally.