hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent!
    Chelsea will win this tie they want it more. Lay against a Spurs win tonight too, they don’t give a fk tonight!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kane left his leg in for that penalty, he was halfway down before the contact
    He's a clever player. Not nearly as gormless as he looks and sounds.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Mibbes aye, mibbes naw.

However, he's allowed to put his leg anywhere he likes. The keeper isn't allowed to crash into it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Not saint harry!!! Course he did, but engloids are a wee bit self centred when the occasion comes to criticise their ain!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Chelsea will win this tie they want it more. Lay against a Spurs win tonight too, they don’t give a fk tonight!
    Spurs to win 4-2 on aggregate

Left by mutual consent!
    It was a foul

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Non sky obsessed Spurs & Engloid players offside & dive, cannae stand that dragging the feet over opposition then diving up & down drivel, done by that t#s€r Kane & hearing all their biased commentators excusin it just doesnae dae it for me. Poor fi pathetically biased towards Spurs & Engloid sky.
    You're not saying Kane dived for the penalty are you? He got royally cleaned out. I'd expect any striker in the world, including our good ol' honest Hibs strikers to hit the deck in an identical fashion if they'd just had their shins rattled.

Fairly crap game though.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Players will prob get used to it but I’m thinking if a striker is running through on goal and the flag goes up as the linesman thinks he’s offside. The goalie may stop when seeing the flag go up for it then to be checked by VAR and the goal given.

I know it’s easy to say to ‘play the whistle’ but that, as you say, will take a bit of time for some to adjust to
    So what's the new rule? Does the linesman wave his flag but is ignored by the referee and play continues until something vhappens, eg a goal, goal-kick or a corner, at which point VAR is used to decide if the linesman was right or wrong? What happens if the linesman waves his flag, the referee and players ignore him, and a defender breaks Harry Kane's leg with a hard but fair challenge and VAR shows that offside was the correct decision? Would Spurs sue the referee or the FA?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    So what's the new rule? Does the linesman wave his flag but is ignored by the referee and play continues until something vhappens, eg a goal, goal-kick or a corner, at which point VAR is used to decide if the linesman was right or wrong? What happens if the linesman waves his flag, the referee and players ignore him, and a defender breaks Harry Kane's leg with a hard but fair challenge and VAR shows that offside was the correct decision? Would Spurs sue the referee or the FA?
    Yeah the commentator mentioned that the referee has stated that the linesman will do exactly as he always has

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    The assistant never "gives" the offside, he flags to indicate to the referee he feels he is offside in his opinion, it is up to the referee to decide and blow the whistle..

if someone were to break Kane's leg as per above the ref gives offside the rest of us applaud and laugh at the lump of woods misfortune... as for who to sue... on what grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    The assistant never "gives" the offside, he flags to indicate to the referee he feels he is offside in his opinion, it is up to the referee to decide and blow the whistle..

if someone were to break Kane's leg as per above the ref gives offside the rest of us applaud and laugh at the lump of woods misfortune... as for who to sue... on what grounds?
    Why wouldn't you laugh and applaud if he wasn't offside, if that's the sort of thing you enjoy about football?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Pochettino is a class act.

COYS.

I'd back Spurs to go through. Despite nifty lead-up work, Chelsea simply can't put the ball away.

@hibs.net private member
    Looked offside from Chelsea’s camera angle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Pochettino is a class act.

COYS.
    He'll be better if he actually wins something with Spurs best side in 60 years though.

Coaching Staff
    Well done Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He'll be better if he actually wins something with Spurs best side in 60 years though.
    Granted.

I just love the way he conducts himself in front of the media.

Compare that to Mourhino!