hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    March does sting a serious amount still.

The absolutely pathetic attitude shown that night was disgusting. I genuinely could not quite believe the way we played that night.

What also concerned me was that JR seemed to be fairly satisfied -within the realms of satisfaction- with the performance, or he certainly never came across as raging which he should have been.

Anyway, we go onto Saturday. I’m fairly confident. We are the better side and we are winning games that we normally lose/draw this season.

There’s a hibby on Kickback that says he’s worried about our defence, but I find that astounding. Our defence has been much improved from last season.

I believe Killie and RC had a total of 2 shots on target against us in the last two games and 0 goals, so we are doing something right at the back.

What’s the deal with Stevenson?
    Totally agree. I've been embarrassed after games against them before but the only feeling I had in March was anger. Absolutely pathetic performance. Glad a few of them aren't at the club now. The others should be busting a gut to make up for it. What I will say is that Arbroath cut their defence open with relative ease on Friday and 59 year old Charlie Adam turned into Maradona against them too when he "ran" at them. Nisbet will get chances.
    Last edited by Since452; 26-10-2020 at 10:44 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Totally agree. I've been embarrassed after games against them before but the only feeling I had in March was anger. Absolutely pathetic performance. Glad a few of them aren't at the club now. The others should be busting a gut to make up for it. What I will say is that Arbroath cut their defence open with relative ease on Friday and 59 year old Charlie Adam turned into Maradona against them too when he "ran" at them. Nisbet will get chances.
    Also interesting to note all 3 Hearts goalscorers from that evening have also since moved on. We will definitely get a decent amount of chance, we do need to be more clinical in front of goal though.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    "We hope that them not being available for Kilmarnock has given them an opportunity and I'd like to think we'd have at least one of them, if not both of them, available.

"We'll see how the week progresses, but I would be confident I would have more options to me.”

👍

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    A loss here isn't even on the same universe as the 5-1 game. We won't even have to endure that journey home.
    I make it 60/40 in our favour as we are more battle hardened than them this season.
    I just hope we play to our capabilities and it's not a classic turgid Hertz win where we don't turn up.
    I think it's as big as those last two Hampden games. We got humiliated in both of them and I think a defeat on Saturday would be humiliating as well.

They're a league below us and feel they have a point to prove. If you take away the name Hearts and looked at the chances of winning for both teams, it's more than 60/40 in our favour.

They've not long started their season, they lost a few of their better players, they're without their best centre half, their winger looks likely to miss the game, their pre-season was interrupted when they were told not to train and they were so bad that last season they were relegated.

We, on the other hand, have had a great start to the season, have been playing for months at a high level, have spent money on bringing players in (while we've also lost players, I don't think there were too many that we were desperately sad to lose).

I'm confident we'll win, by the way - I think the reasons above put us in a really good place going into the game and while anything can happen in a derby, that's going to be tempered somewhat by the lack of fans (you can look at the Celtic v Rangers game to see how the intensity was less than it would have been in a full stadium), I still strongly fancy us to progress to the final because we're fundamentally a better team.

In the previous two Hampden meetings, that hasn't even been close to being the case.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I am not bothered with previous results against them, that was then this is now. We are playing a semi final against a team from a division below who feel the were hard done to. A scrappy 1 nil win will do fine Jack Ross will know how Hearts will play. There will be pressure on Robbie replay as well to try to prove that his team belong in our league. Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'm confident we'll win, by the way - I think the reasons above put us in a really good place going into the game and while anything can happen in a derby, that's going to be tempered somewhat by the lack of fans (you can look at the Celtic v Rangers game to see how the intensity was less than it would have been in a full stadium), I still strongly fancy us to progress to the final because we're fundamentally a better team.
    Agreed, I think we'll miss a cracking day out, but the best football team will win. And that'll be us.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    We will win this and if we do so by a few goals then that's a bonus, winning is the prime target.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Won’t be too many changes from Saturday’s starting line up

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Won’t be too many changes from Saturday’s starting line up
    Think Magennis could be in for Mallan to give us a bit more when we've not got the ball.

First Team Regular
    I've got a really nasty feeling that this has flukey Jambo victory written all over it. It'll be a dodgy penalty or lucky deflection compounded by an unjustified sending off (probably Porteous). The BBC will be lapping it up. I'm hopefully completely wrong!

Wish the game was tomorrow. Five days of torture second guessing and playing out different scenarios is excruciating. Just hope we turn up on the day and get an early goal to settle any nerves.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I expect us to win, we have a strong defence, quality in midfield and a potent strike force. The fact that hearts are in the championship is irrelevant, they’ve got a squad that would be competitive in the premiership similar to us when we were down there. It’s all about us asserting ourselves early and taking our chances.

United we stand here....

Didn't realise that Kingsley played for Falkirk in our 4-3 win over them at Hampden. Hopefully another defeat for him

I have not been over to KB since they were expelled 🥳

Nipped over today and saw this they really are different their use if language is just .... well you be the judge.

trotter trotter
    Posted 14 hours ago
    On 24/10/2020 at 17:35, AC Mallin_51 said:
    Must say my nerves have really started to kick in today, I think because the game was pushed back so far it felt like it was never going to come. Don’t get me wrong I have a good feeling about it. Cmon the Gorgie! 🇱🇻
    Don't worry about it. Any PHM goes into a derby knowing that we will win. This excuse they have after yet another pumping of 'they wanted it more' is their way of comforting themselves and making it sound like there isn't a reason we've won more derbies at the ****pit than them.

Robbie is a PHM, and he will make sure that the entire dressing room knows what we have since 1874, losing against them is simply unacceptable.

I see another Hampden raping on the cards. I don't want us 4 up and stepping off the pedal. I want them dead and buried. Make no mistake, when we win this game, its over for them. Its done. The end. No more continues. Game over.

HHGH
    Edited 14 hours ago by trotter

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy7nil View Post
    i have not been over to kb since they were expelled 🥳

nipped over today and saw this they really are different their use if language is just .... Well you be the judge.

Trotter trotter
    posted 14 hours ago
    on 24/10/2020 at 17:35, ac mallin_51 said:
    Must say my nerves have really started to kick in today, i think because the game was pushed back so far it felt like it was never going to come. Don’t get me wrong i have a good feeling about it. Cmon the gorgie! 🇱🇻
    don't worry about it. Any phm goes into a derby knowing that we will win. This excuse they have after yet another pumping of 'they wanted it more' is their way of comforting themselves and making it sound like there isn't a reason we've won more derbies at the ****pit than them.

Robbie is a phm, and he will make sure that the entire dressing room knows what we have since 1874, losing against them is simply unacceptable.

I see another hampden raping on the cards. I don't want us 4 up and stepping off the pedal. I want them dead and buried. Make no mistake, when we win this game, its over for them. Its done. The end. No more continues. Game over.

Hhgh
    edited 14 hours ago by trotter
    phm?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    phm?
    I assume it is Proper Hearts Man 😂

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post

Nipped over today and saw this they really are different their use if language is just .... well you be the judge.

trotter trotter
    Posted 14 hours ago
    Must say my nerves have really started to kick in today, I think because the game was pushed back so far it felt like it was never going to come. Don’t get me wrong I have a good feeling about it. Cmon the Gorgie! 🇱🇻
    Don't worry about it. Any PHM goes into a derby knowing that we will win. This excuse they have after yet another pumping of 'they wanted it more' is their way of comforting themselves and making it sound like there isn't a reason we've won more derbies at the ****pit than them.

Robbie is a PHM, and he will make sure that the entire dressing room knows what we have since 1874, losing against them is simply unacceptable.

I see another Hampden raping on the cards. I don't want us 4 up and stepping off the pedal. I want them dead and buried. Make no mistake, when we win this game, its over for them. Its done. The end. No more continues. Game over.

HHGH
    someone hasn’t quite grasped the concept of how football works and the fact that there’s always another game, another derby, another season. Nothing is ever “over” where derbies are concerned

trotter trotter
    Posted 14 hours ago

HHGH
    What's a PHM?

Could also mean Proper Hibs Man too in that case.

The short period I had as a self-confessed Hibs supporter on JKB, I finished all my posts with FTH. This confused them.

Hearts should have lost on Friday against butchers, bakers and candlestick makers and pumped a Dundee team with two central midfielders with a combined age of 67 with far, far less pre season than them. We are a massive step up for them. If we show the right intensity we'll beat them.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Aye it is. Proper virgin patter.

If we get an early goal I think we'll win quite comfortably, however in all likelihood it's going to be the typical punt and rush derby which will be decided by a goal or two.

I presume they will try to press us as usual in the middle of the park forcing Hanlon to hooof it up the park which their backline will mop up, I hope we keep calm and keep the ball on the ground and get it out wide to Boyle at every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    If we get an early goal I think we'll win quite comfortably, however in all likelihood it's going to be the typical punt and rush derby which will be decided by a goal or two.

I presume they will try to press us as usual in the middle of the park forcing Hanlon to hooof it up the park which their backline will mop up, I hope we keep calm and keep the ball on the ground and get it out wide to Boyle at every opportunity.
    I've no doubt they will press high but that's easier to play against on a big pitch like Hampden.

I also think we will have success if we do need to go long. I'm not convinced by their centre halfs and both Nisbet and Doidge are big lads and good in the air.

We have a few ways we can win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I've no doubt they will press high but that's easier to play against on a big pitch like Hampden.

I also think we will have success if we do need to go long. I'm not convinced by their centre halfs and both Nisbet and Doidge are big lads and good in the air.

That's true, at least his time around we have a couple of big units, and it will be more difficult for them to manage vs the one up front situation of previous times.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post

Hampden pitch is exactly the same as Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Hampden pitch is exactly the same as Easter Road.
    It is indeed - they are both bigger than Tynecastle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Aye it is. Proper virgin patter.
    Don't you mean PVP?

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    What's a PHM?
    Pathetic Hearts moron

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Pathetic Hearts moron
    😂

Testimonial Due
    If we win on Saturday we will have knocked out Robbie Neilson twice in the same tournament. The guy is our good luck charm. If we win the cup we should name a stand after him.
    Last edited by HFC93; 26-10-2020 at 03:43 PM.