hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Although true, not every manager wants to deal with a player like that.
    I agree with that, but I'm not the manager 😁

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Hibs View Post
    Paul Hanlon isn't very good, neither is Stevenson . Its no really up for debate. Nae green tinted loyalty specs -Teams target lewis and Paul as they are weak. Efe is one of the best centre half's I've ever seen pull on the Green. Get him signed
    Not up for debate ? By you Obviously but not me .How many managers have continued to play both . If you think Efe is one of the best you have seen you cant have been around very long

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Paul H has played more than 400 games for Hibs under about 10 different managers. He has a remarkable 23 caps for Scotland U21 & also captained them. He's a Scottish Cup winner & made an outstanding contribution to that success. It's ok though, you say he's not really very good & it's not up for debate. No, thats only your opinion & one which isn't shared by all these managers & his fellow pros.
    This

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Does it always have to be instead of? They played very well together.
    Not as well as Porteous did with Ambrose though.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don’t know where Porteous was great with Ambrose stuff is coming from. We were awful first half of last season and our defending was rotten.

Even then we mostly played a back 3 and didn’t win a single game playing that formation after John McGinn left.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Not as well as Porteous did with Ambrose though.
    Nonsense. Come on. There has to be at least a little bit of logic in debate. 😂

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    You'd have to be his agent to know if that is true. I very much doubt it is.
    It’s not a huge leap to assume that if ye leave a club at the end of December, if you have a club lined up and yer free, ye’d sign for that club immediately...not on the 12th of February.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    It’s not a huge leap to assume that if ye leave a club at the end of December, if you have a club lined up and yer free, ye’d sign for that club immediately...not on the 12th of February.
    Maybe he had many clubs lined up and he chose them?

Left by mutual consent!
    Our defence IMO at times has been a shambles, does Efe improve the defence?

Does he improve the team yes or no it as simple as that.

For me he does improve team.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Lennon gave Efe a lot of leeway at Hibs and Celtic. When he left Celtic, Efe struggled to adapt to the new management and became known for being a liability rather than a ball playing centre half.

I don't see him being successful in a team as rigid as Livi, and Jack Ross might feel similarly.

Blog Entries
    Maybe he had many clubs lined up and he chose them?
    7 weeks later?

7 weeks later?
    Quite possibly. He maybe chose Derby earlier and things like international clearance, contract etc still had to be sorted? Maybe Derby needed to move someone on?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Paul H has played more than 400 games for Hibs under about 10 different managers. He has a remarkable 23 caps for Scotland U21 & also captained them. He's a Scottish Cup winner & made an outstanding contribution to that success. It's ok though, you say he's not really very good & it's not up for debate. No, thats only your opinion & one which isn't shared by all these managers & his fellow pros.

Everything other than Loyal Hibs opinion would point to Hanlon and Stevenson being pretty good players. Which they absolutely are imo.

Blog Entries
    Quite possibly. He maybe chose Derby earlier and things like international clearance, contract etc still had to be sorted? Maybe Derby needed to move someone on?
    He was a UK Citizen at the time so it was straightforward in that sense. He was brought in as cover after Curtis Davies ruptured his achilles in Mid-Jan.

He also had a few days on trial at the beginning Feb with them.

I think it's fairly safe to say he didn't have them lined up.

Did he not have a team lined up and it fell through. He was then linked with a return at the end of the same window but it didnt happen. Im sure that was reported at the time

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Everything other than Loyal Hibs opinion would point to Hanlon and Stevenson being pretty good players. Which they absolutely are imo.

Both hibs legends who have stuck with the club through thick and thin

I remember the Sheep sniffing around Paul Hanlon and were quite keen

Paul Hanlon also missed the last two months of the run in to our relegation season through injury and I am convinced that if he had remained fully fit we would have held onto our Premiership status

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Both hibs legends who have stuck with the club through thick and thin

I remember the Sheep sniffing around Paul Hanlon and were quite keen

Paul Hanlon also missed the last two months of the run in to our relegation season through injury and I am convinced that if he had remained fully fit we would have held onto our Premiership status
    All things considered it was the best thing that ever happened to us.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    All things considered it was the best thing that ever happened to us.
    ” This is our silver lining” Alan Stubbs

He was a UK Citizen at the time so it was straightforward in that sense. He was brought in as cover after Curtis Davies ruptured his achilles in Mid-Jan.

He also had a few days on trial at the beginning Feb with them.

I think it's fairly safe to say he didn't have them lined up.
    So maybe he had something else lined up and they swooped in? Maybe did he just hate Hibs and couldn't wait to leave.

Blog Entries
    So maybe he had something else lined up and they swooped in? Maybe did he just hate Hibs and couldn't wait to leave.
    I don't think coming in 7 weeks after he left Hibs as swooping.

There is very little evidence to suggest he had something lined up. The facts suggest that he didn't and he just bombed us out in the hope of getting something better.

He's just not very good though. He tries and he has been a loyal servant but really, when it comes down to it. He doesn't have it. Its why he has been with us his whole career. Id be extremely interested to see his percentages of successful tackles, Interceptions, Aerial duals won and lost along with completed passes.

I'm fairly confident he would be in the lower percentiles comparatively to other CB's in top six teams In the SPL.

GET. HIM. IN.

No brainer for me, class act.

What would point to that? How many goals Hanlon has been directly at fault for? His regular Jekkyl and Hyde performance. The guy is a weak link and he is too soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Hibs View Post
    What would point to that? How many goals Hanlon has been directly at fault for? His regular Jekkyl and Hyde performance. The guy is a weak link and he is too soft.
    400+ appearances, many of them as captain and being a first pick for about 10 different managers would point to that imo.

He’s probably never been good enough for a big money move, but that doesn’t mean he’s not good enough for Hibs. Same goes with Stevenson.

400+ appearances, many of them as captain and being a first pick for about 10 different managers would point to that imo.

He’s probably never been good enough for a big money move, but that doesn’t mean he’s not good enough for Hibs. Same goes with Stevenson.
    Previous Hibs teams maybe in your opinion, but one with aspirations to finish 3rd, even 4th in the league ? Part of the reason we are where we are I’m afraid and some people find it impossible to admit it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Talking about 300 or 400 apps is his whole time. I am not talking about PH from 3-10yrs ago or LS I am saying as of the now the last 6mths or so have been defensively poor from both of them and in fact others in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Previous Hibs teams maybe in your opinion, but one with aspirations to finish 3rd, even 4th in the league ? Part of the reason we are where we are I’m afraid and some people find it impossible to admit it.
    He has been in previous Hibs teams that have done those things. The reason it's impossible to admit is because it's factually incorrect.

I have ever bit of faith in Ross and I reckon we will see Hanlon get phased out. Time will tell

He has been in previous Hibs teams that have done those things. The reason it's impossible to admit is because it's factually incorrect.
    He also plaid 34 games in a team that was relegated

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    He played in a Hibs team that finished 4th? And also a Hibs team that have won a cup, another of our main aspirations.