hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Stevenson

Some of the stuff on this thread is like a nasty kid going along to a classmate’s birthday party and letting off some stink bombs. Very poor patter.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of the stuff on this thread is like a nasty kid going along to a classmate’s birthday party and letting off some stink bombs. Very poor patter.
    Everyone can do what they like obviously, within the confines of what the moderators say. But personally I’ve been toning down MY sarcasm and stuff that could be deemed as personal digs recently. Doesn’t mean I won’t argue from time to time. But especially at the moment with what’s going on outside, you never know what someone is dealing with in their actual real lives. I think some others could probably do with doing the same. Not just this thread. Sorry if that sounds holier than thou. Just don’t be a dick.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Players must have been at their club for a minimum of ten years in order to be included here. Loan spells at other teams disqualify players from being counted in the list. Only seasons with appearances in the senior first team are counted.

Wiki page on one club men. Hanlon isn't a one club man in my opinion. He played matches for another side. Doesn't make him any less of a Hibs legend but not a one club man.

Harsh, given that loans are such a well established way for players to gain experience.

For example, Spurs sent Harry Kane out on loan to Leyton Orient and other places but I would absolutely describe him as a one club man.

Paul Hanlon definitely qualifies in my book.

Amazing that Gordon Smith made 636 appearances for Hibs and still found time to win the league with Hearts and Dundee too. Astonishing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Amazing that Gordon Smith made 636 appearances for Hibs and still found time to win the league with Hearts and Dundee too. Astonishing really.
    Were games played more frequently back in those days? Some going from him.

Now it’s been done I’m delighted for Lewis, still don’t think he’s good enough now, but going by his interview he seems to be really enjoying helping Josh and Sean. His interview last night summed him up, so modest, then started blurting out transfer news, team news, selling fags etc 😂

@hibs.net private member
    I’m delighted that Lewis has secured another contract. He’s more than capable of playing premiership football at this stage in his career. I guarantee you that every club out with the OF and Sheep would have tried to sign him in the summer on a free. He’s a solid full back and will help drive on the youngsters who want his place in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Were games played more frequently back in those days? Some going from him.
    Just read that including friendlies, benefit and exhibition matches he played over 700 games for Hibs

Top bloke, some amount of games, has worked hard and deserves the plaudits, another year, I´m not complaining, real pro, could do with more of his attitude at the club.

hopefully I wont be slating him by the end of today

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Just read that including friendlies, benefit and exhibition matches he played over 700 games for Hibs
    Incredible going, I doubt that will ever be beaten in our lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Harsh, given that loans are such a well established way for players to gain experience.

For example, Spurs sent Harry Kane out on loan to Leyton Orient and other places but I would absolutely describe him as a one club man.

Paul Hanlon definitely qualifies in my book.
    Kane went on 4 different loans. Definitely not a one club man.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Harry Kane definitely had a few loan periods, he had a half season loan at Millwall where I think he went with the unfortunate Ryan Mason who was latter to get a bad head injury and had to retire fro the game. Pretty sure Kane and Mason went to Millwall as part of the same deal at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    You’re rubbish at this and should just give up. Sir Antony Stokes cup winning hero, is the stellar example, the TKO you needed to ‘win’ this drawn out pointless and distracting debate about loan players and who they really, really do play for but you’re just so ***** at it you’re not thinking straight and making yourself look daft. No one wants that do they?
    I'm just glad that we agree two goals in a final makes you a cup winning hero. Hope someone tells Fletcher and Benji since they've been overlooked for their deserved MOTM award by a young Scottish player who ran about a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    I'm just glad that we agree two goals in a final makes you a cup winning hero. Hope someone tells Fletcher and Benji since they've been overlooked for their deserved MOTM award by a young Scottish player who ran about a bit.
    No matter what, one of them was being overlooked. Stupid point of view that scoring twice makes you man of the match. Ridiculous comments on Lewis. A legend of this club.

No matter what, one of them was being overlooked. Stupid point of view that scoring twice makes you man of the match. Ridiculous comments on Lewis. A legend of this club.
    Players who score twice deserve MOTM more than a midfielder who had zero assists or goals that day. The fact that's seen as a remotely controversial opinion shows how demented some of the Stevenson defenders actually are. I'm very sure that he himself (again, a really nice and humble man) would gladly admit that he wasn't the best player on the park that day.

Players who score twice deserve MOTM more than a midfielder who had zero assists or goals that day. The fact that's seen as a remotely controversial opinion shows how demented some of the Stevenson defenders actually are. I'm very sure that he himself (again, a really nice and humble man) would gladly admit that he wasn't the best player on the park that day.
    So it's purely goal and assists that determine it? Nothing to do with Lewis. In general, the best player on the park deserves man of the match, not the one with the most goals.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Lewis deserves every accolade, simple really.

He would run through brick walls for this club. He is a brilliant role model on and off the park (selling holiday fags aside).

It will be a sad day when he hangs up his #16 Hibs shirt.

Legend.

So it's purely goal and assists that determine it? Nothing to do with Lewis. In general, the best player on the park deserves man of the match, not the one with the most goals.
    In a game won so emphatically? Yes.

Again, this is nothing that Stevenson can be blamed for but the whole thing smacks of parochial thinking. Lets just give it to the guid hoanest Scottish laddie in midfield. Surprised it wasn't Yogi dishing out the awards that day.

Benjelloun twice scored goals that effectively sealed the cup, the first of which was an absolute beauty. He terrorised Killie that day and I can't for the life of me work out how he didn't get the award. It's not exactly something I'm going to lose sleep over, but just something for the fiercely pro Stevenson lot to consider when they scream about it to anyone who has their doubts about his obviously limited ability as a footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post

Some posts are bordering on spiteful. There really is no need.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    What is your problem?

You’ve hijacked a thread about a club legend to just rip into him and now you’ve started on Hanlon?
    Schools are still off so he is possibly bored just now!

Again, this is nothing that Stevenson can be blamed for but the whole thing smacks of parochial thinking. Lets just give it to the guid hoanest Scottish laddie in midfield. Surprised it wasn't Yogi dishing out the awards that day.

You are remembering that fletcher was a guid hoanest Scottish laddie too? And that arguably it was his 1st (our 3rd) goal that sealed it?

Surely if it was just based on nationality fletch would have got it?

Benjelloun twice scored goals that effectively sealed the cup, the first of which was an absolute beauty. He terrorised Killie that day and I can't for the life of me work out how he didn't get the award. It's not exactly something I'm going to lose sleep over, but just something for the fiercely pro Stevenson lot to consider when they scream about it to anyone who has their doubts about his obviously limited ability as a footballer.
    Lewis Stevenson, club legend.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Is trolling allowed on here? Get this clown tae ****.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I can’t get my head around why anyone would want to take a thread like this down a route of going out of their way to slate a player that has been a fantastic servant to the club.

It’s pathetic, even allowing for the “it’s a forum for opinions “ line of thinking, there’s a time and a place for it.

Like turning up uninvited to a funeral to tell the deceased’s family that you didn’t like him.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Pleased with the extended contract. He has been a steady and dependable player for Hibs and has donned the famous jersey 500 times. All the 'experts' who debunk his contribution would probably give their eye teeth to wear the colours once.

Well done Lewis!!

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    We've had plenty of guys try and take the left back position, and plenty of managers, good and bad, that have overhauled the squad and never moved him on. When we were struggling, he was awarded player of the year awards, and he was still there when we were lifting trophies. That tells me that there is a place for guys like Lewis in every Hibs team, and while we might cross our fingers for the next David Murphy in the good times, we'll be crying out for the next Lewis Stevenson when the bad times come round again.

Of course he is. He was contracted to Spurs the entire time and the purpose of the loans was to ready him for their first team. Your argument is ridiculous.

Last time out: Lewis Stevenson.

✅ Passes: 39 (1st).
    ✅ Passes Into Final Third: 22 (1st).
    ✅ Total Actions: 51 (1st).
    ✅ Total Crosses: 4 (1st).
    ✅ Challenge Success: 86% (1st).
    ✅ Defensive Challenges Won: 5 (2nd).
    ✅ Tackles: 3 (2nd).

*Introduced at half-time.

Baller.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    We've had plenty of guys try and take the left back position, and plenty of managers, good and bad, that have overhauled the squad and never moved him on. When we were struggling, he was awarded player of the year awards, and he was still there when we were lifting trophies. That tells me that there is a place for guys like Lewis in every Hibs team, and while we might cross our fingers for the next David Murphy in the good times, we'll be crying out for the next Lewis Stevenson when the bad times come round again.

I think of someone like Dennis Irwin at Man Utd or Jordan Henderson at Liverpool - both have been mocked for being nowhere near the required standard yet were indispensable players to their team.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I can’t get my head around why anyone would want to take a thread like this down a route of going out of their way to slate a player that has been a fantastic servant to the club.

It’s pathetic, even allowing for the “it’s a forum for opinions “ line of thinking, there’s a time and a place for it.

Like turning up uninvited to a funeral to tell the deceased’s family that you didn’t like him.

Anchors
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn