hibs.net Messageboard

Page 52 of 484 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 14514
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would sell to the first team who matches or exceeds our valuation. His attitude is atrocious, he hardly tried a leg all season. Nothing less than 100% in every game will do.....he doesn't try 100%.

You actually couldn't be further from the truth.

And you are a poster i hold in high esteem , But that is complete fabrication

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I'm not having that he doesn't try. If you look at his instagram every other day he is out jogging or in the gym. Constantly trying to improve himself. He could quite easily go down the route of "its pre-season so ill do whatever i want for a month" but hasnt. there is clear frustration when things aren't coming off for him on the park. Doesn't help when for half a season he has had the ball shelled at his head with no support.

Why not give him the benefit of a good pre season, league cup games with Scott allan in the side and a new style of play rather than just dumping him before giving him a chance to show his worth?
    Spot on, Kamberi is a top player and will come good

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    In January we'll be fending off bids for Kamberi from English clubs. Guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    You actually couldn't be further from the truth.

And you are a poster i hold in high esteem , But that is complete fabrication
    You don't have to agree but I'm entitled to my opinion. I will change my mind when I see this big laddie raising off the ground to challenge for high balls, bursting a gut to get on the end of a cross and not giving up when the ball breaks away. It's one thing posting your close season training photos on social media and another thing buckling down and giving everything in every game. It's no coincidence that our last 2 managers lost or are losing faith in him. I got ripped for suggesting McLaren wasn't good enough and time will tell on Kamberi. I would love to be wrong as he bangs 20 in next season by the way but he needs to up his game to do that.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    You don't have to agree but I'm entitled to my opinion. I will change my mind when I see this big laddie raising off the ground to challenge for high balls, bursting a gut to get on the end of a cross and not giving up when the ball breaks away. It's one thing posting your close season training photos on social media and another thing buckling down and giving everything in every game. It's no coincidence that our last 2 managers lost or are losing faith in him. I got ripped for suggesting McLaren wasn't good enough and time will tell on Kamberi. I would love to be wrong as he bangs 20 in next season by the way but he needs to up his game to do that.
    Agree has been mostly merde this season
    It would be interesting to know what Hecky really makes of him
    The biggest disappointment for me was the games against Neil Lennons Celtic side
    One would think that after being publicly called out by a Manager you would be bursting a gut to prove him wrong...nothing
    Hooked against Hearts at home at half time for being ineffective and picking up yet another stupid booking
    To me he brings nothing to the table though happy to be proved wrong

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I'm not having that he doesn't try. If you look at his instagram every other day he is out jogging or in the gym. Constantly trying to improve himself. He could quite easily go down the route of "its pre-season so ill do whatever i want for a month" but hasnt. there is clear frustration when things aren't coming off for him on the park. Doesn't help when for half a season he has had the ball shelled at his head with no support.

Why not give him the benefit of a good pre season, league cup games with Scott allan in the side and a new style of play rather than just dumping him before giving him a chance to show his worth?

I concur Flo's proved he's a good a player,it would be madness to get shot off him.

Sorry if mentioned already, Ross McCormack released by Villa

In Europe and early season he was brilliant, he then got a couple of injuries which saw him sit out and he then played through them.

Lennon then completely slated him on a weekly basis, it’s not much wonder he had no confidence.

As previously suggested, we were playing brutal football and unable to create any form of decent or regular chances. I think a lot of people think it’s easy plucking the ball out the sky or controlling a fizzed in pass when you’re wrestling with a 6 ft 2 defender.

He is huffy and sulky at times but who wouldn’t be if that was your service, you were constantly getting slated and were injured? He has high standards and would have put himself under pressure.

He will come back fitter again and lose some muscle, making him more agile like he was the first 6 months.

With better service and confidence he will again start bullying defenders and scoring goals.

Last season in the final game against rangers he was unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I was told recently that his training was shocking when he could be bothered to turn up and that's why his relationship with Lennon deteriorated, maybe the reason Lennon called him out about his performances all the time, sees a player there who can't be ars ed. He looked like he was towing a caravan at times this season, couldn't put my finger on why but maybe this could be why, he also seemed to lose his smile on the park, always looked peed off, my opinion obviously.
    Hes never missed a training session and played when injured for most of the season. I'm very hopeful we will see a fully fit Kamberi next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    It's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    It's time.
    You think?

Surprised by that, as I'd heard his wage had gone up to £70k per week upon Villa getting promotion. I'd be inclined to sit it out at his stage in his career, so to move on he must have got a pretty decent payoff.

A friend of mine on facebook has recently been in Magaluf on a stag with a few football-related people. They bumped into him and seemingly they were all calling him Ross McContract.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Surprised by that, as I'd heard his wage had gone up to £70k per week upon Villa getting promotion. I'd be inclined to sit it out at his stage in his career, so to move on he must have got a pretty decent payoff.

A friend of mine on facebook has recently been in Magaluf on a stag with a few football-related people. They bumped into him and seemingly they were all calling him Ross McContract.
    He’s not been released, he’s signed a ‘variation agreement’ which means he trousered a huge payoff.

Any update on Jamie Devitt who we were linked with a month or so ago?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Hes never missed a training session and played when injured for most of the season. I'm very hopeful we will see a fully fit Kamberi next season.
    I like Kamberi a lot and want to him to stay.

But I do worry how he fits into the managers team and tactics. He's not a left winger/attacker for me. He needs to be up front and have someone alongside him.

One thing I find frustrating is that he seems to have been cast as a target man for us. That is not playing to his strengths for me.

He needs the ball at his feet and players moving around him. If he's going to be out on the wing or up front on his own I can see him struggling.

However, with the Allan to link up with and playing alongside another forward in a central role he'll get 15-20 goals for us.
    Last edited by neil7908; 03-06-2019 at 09:52 PM.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Omeonga to come in after international duty?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

must have got a great pay-off, he was due to see his salary rise to 70k/week for the remaining 12 months of his contract with villa getting promotion...i think a few of their players are due a big raise

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Omeonga to come in after international duty?
    Wishful thinking or hear something?

Never even noticed he was at Motherwell last season.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Wishful thinking or hear something?
    Just still very engaged on social media. Doesn't seem to be getting near Genoa, who are in turmoil, and he's not THAT young a player anymore, so needs weekly football. Him, Allan, Mallan and a Box to Box grafter would make a very attacking midfield diamond, but also hard working and aggressive - if a little bit lightweight .

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Just still very engaged on social media. Doesn't seem to be getting near Genoa, who are in turmoil, and he's not THAT young a player anymore, so needs weekly football. Him, Allan, Mallan and a Box to Box grafter would make a very attacking midfield diamond, but also hard working and aggressive - if a little bit lightweight .
    I really liked Omeonga and thought he was a good addition at the time, very sharp and good work rate.

However I wouldn’t break the bank on him, unsure where he would fit in our team next season as he isn’t good enough going forward to play an attacking role and think we will have someone better defensively to play alongside Mallan.

He seemed to do the hard bit quite a lot but his final product or pass were often poor.

Left by mutual consent!
    Brandon Barker in talks with Celtic

ah well, that'll be that then :(

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Stalybridge Celtic?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Stalybridge Celtic?
    Biggest team in Manchester

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This is Hibs.net. All arguments can by won by a simple “and how do you know that?”

Intelligent play by the poster imo but lacked that bit of flair that I like to see at Hibs. I think this style of debate is more suited to an Aberdeen or Motherwell forum but it’s results that matter at the end of that day.
    You are Pat Nevin and I claim my £5.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Some amount of wingers

Johnston
    Shved
    Barker
    Sinclair
    Forrest
    Morgan

I predict a grand total of 4 games for him over the whole season. Another waste of talent.

Biggest team in Manchester

he was at man city

Think the Barker rumour is coming from a alleged leak of a Celtic transfer meeting.

Going about online a list of the staffs minutes re playing joining and leaving.