hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who are they?
    Hibs, St Mirren and Ross County would be glorious.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Mind, it`s still the DR but funny all the same. Apparently, over the road, one of the most common sayings of the past couple of days is, "reap what you sow" I think the maroon balloons are about to find that out lol

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...n-pay-22210164

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Who are they?
    What chief executive or chairman is going to respond well to “gies us 10mil”...especially now.

If Anderson is bankrolling these legal proceedings as well it’s going to get very tasty as quite frankly surely that brings the game’s integrity into question...no strings attached...

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Mind, it`s still the DR but funny all the same. Apparently, over the road, one of the most common sayings of the past couple of days is, "reap what you sow" I think the maroon balloons are about to find that out lol

Unfortunately it just seems some loudmouth CEO shouting they should / could discuss explosions. I would love it but in truth it is tittle tattle.

I know it's the DR and Keith Jackson but that is hilarious. I don't think it'll be too far away from the truth either.
    Last edited by Since452; 17-06-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Would only have themselves to blame. £8m is pie in the sky nonsense and everybody knows it. If the rules permit the other clubs to kick them out then 2 (or should I say 40) can play that game. See how they like being on the receiving end of repeated threats.

And since when did they bend over backwards to help others? They've been holding a gun to the heads of clubs for weeks trying to influence votes with threats of relegation.

If it is referring to the JA money, then I'd ask the question was it separate from reconstruction or not? Was it another attempt at influencing votes? Plus, Budge hardly bent over backwards with it. She even managed to make a hash of a simple introduction by first linking it with reconstruction by putting it in her "discussion document" and then seemingly misled Neil Doncaster about it being condition free and about whether or not she was acting as a go-between.

If it is possible to kick them out who would be the brave two clubs to put it to the board to call an EGM to discuss that action? If you did and it failed those clubs would be hated more than Hearts.

I think Tom English would explode

They are proposing scrapping promotion and relegation and if that doesn’t happen they are demanding £10m in compensation!!! It’s absolutely disgusting behaviour and both clubs should be kicked out.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Would probably imagine it'll be settled out of court. I wouldn't listen much to what Hearts say, nothing ever comes of it and given they have representation they'll know full well the implications of pursuing it through the courts and losing, which I would suspect is the more likely outcome.

As for the SPFL, they won't want a court case either. 'Undisclosed sum' is what I'm thinking. Very dangerous ground though and the Jambos who seem to think its a no lose situation couldn't be further wrong. Could never imagine a club being kicked out the league but this situation has no real precedent here either... SPFL need to stand their ground.
    Last edited by Baader; 17-06-2020 at 11:08 PM.

1. Withhold distribution money for next season (as it’s paid in installments)
    2. Withhold parachute payment (£300k)
    3. Withhold money from the SPFL trust donated kindly by James Anderson 😉
    4. Clubs refuse to take away tickets, loan players or provide any free tickets/corporate/board room facilities.
    5. SFA threaten breach of license
    6. SPFL make it clear if they follow through and win they will be expelled from SPFL membership for a minimum 5 years.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

From the article:

"It’s understood the legal case is being led by David Thomson QC, who represented the Jags in an unsuccessful court bid against the SPL in 2004. He failed to persuade Lord Brodie to award an interdict that would’ve prevented their relegation."

Magic.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    They are proposing scrapping promotion and relegation and if that doesn’t happen they are demanding £10m in compensation!!! It’s absolutely disgusting behaviour and both clubs should be kicked out.
    This angle will have now engaged Dundee Utd wealthy American owner. They will start to get it from all angles very soon. While they say don’t want to impact titles and European qualification they can’t have it both ways.

Celtic will go from being supportive on reconstruction to now gunning for them like never before. As Roy McGregor says “you shouldn’t assume the top clubs haven’t got access to its own senior legal counsel”

Testimonial Due
    They are continuing to entertain us during this extended summer break. I see the action is being led by David Thomsom whose 2004 interdict to save Partick Thistle from relegation was thrown out by the courts.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    And threatening to delay the start of the season if they don't get what they want. Even for Heart of Midlothian that is low.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    From the article:

"It’s understood the legal case is being led by David Thomson QC, who represented the Jags in an unsuccessful court bid against the SPL in 2004. He failed to persuade Lord Brodie to award an interdict that would’ve prevented their relegation."

Magic.
    Might make him more determined to win

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    I would kick them both out the league if we can.

Hearts behaviour since shutdown has been disgusting and Budge is now a loose cannon that’s compromised the integrity of the Scottish game.

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    I would kick them both out the league if we can.

Hearts behaviour since shutdown has been disgusting and Budge is now a loose cannon that’s compromised the integrity of the Scottish game.
    I think SPFL may want to avoid that it is not a good look when we can't attract a sponsor even in the next of times

Is it just me, but everytime I read something about compensation it goes up by a million or two.

I think the SPFL will wait to see what their case is all about. My guess is that it will be a very broad one to do with restriction of trade, which could be interpretated in all sorts of ways. The fact is all the clubs voted to end the season and then hearts were given a lot of time to come up with a plan to be voted on. They failed and the SPFL should not give them an inch.

From the article:

Magic.
    That article is misleading. David Thomson’s profile says he was called in June 2004. He must have been a junior on that case. He wasn’t the one arguing in court.

Have they popped their champagne yet?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    If Hearts want to threaten clubs with deliberately delaying the start of the league and also want to take the SPFL (i.e. the other clubs) to court for millions, then they're threatening the very existence of those same clubs.

Contrary to what they've claimed up to this point, they have literally no interest in Sporting Integrity, or in anyone else but themselves.

It might sound severe, or an over reaction, but I don't see why the SPFL (basically all the other clubs) shouldn't respond in kind and let them know that any such legal action will result in expulsion from the league.

Fight fire with fire, and all that.

Thoughts?
    100% in fact uefa might instruct Sfa that as they have not went thru European Court of Sport arbitration in Switzerland.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    The SFA and SPFL should be taking legal advice, now, on two fronts. Firstly, advice on how best to defend their own actions and to minimise the effect of the suing litigants case. Secondly, and completely separate from that, they should be getting guidance from UEFA about their legal rights as to what action they can take against both clubs, irrespective of the outcome of the first case. I would throw the book at them. Attack is the best form of defence but make sure you’ve checked your weapons and armour.

I would think the SPFL will certainly have taken advice, a number of the clubs will have too and the Hertz are on a real loser here I can’t quite get what Budgie thinks she will gain from all this other than to tell her Duncan’s “I tried”!

IF she had not gone down the legal route after her abysmal attempts at reconstruction they (the Duncan’s) would have turned on her en masses so really not unexpected what is happening but very foolish on her behalf!

Wheres my popcorn?

From the article:

Magic.
    Who's the number2 💩, Leslie Deans? 🐷

Patently obvious that Hearts are pushing for 8 hoping for 3, which is what they thought they'd lose early on. They're proven chancers and theives. A horrible little cub.

This will never go to court. Expect a payment of £200 - 300k from the SPFL to shut them up and a statement from Budge about accepting an "satisfactory but undisclosed compensation" and how, by settling out of court, Hearts have saved Scottish football.

Be under no illusion, Budge and Hearts will be shaken by the pushback from other clubs and the threat of expulsion. Court is not the final sanction and the BBC, English, Levein and all these other blind losers think. Getting kicked out of the game trumps that.

The difficulty Hertz are going to have now is that they‘ll have royally pissed off the Old Firm with the move to get the leagues suspended while this is potentially argued out in court.

Up until this point it looks like they’ve been largely sympathetic of their plight, but that will change pretty quickly. The narrative in the press will be totally different I reckon, and will start to vilify them big style.

The SPFL's first step must be to suspend both clubs until the matter is settled - that would include withholding any payments due to them and prohibiting any contact with other member clubs. Any scheduled league matches during that time should be forfeited. They've gone too high for a negotiated out of court settlement so the court action needs to run its course or be withdrawn. Permanent expulsion should be considered but it probably won't go that far.

Over on JambosKickedoot they were talking about not guaranteeing the safety of certain club officials at Tinycastle. While it probably wouldn't go that far in reverse you can be sure Ann Budge will not be getting a warm welcome at any of the grounds she visits this season. If I was a club CEO I would be considering refusing to play any matches at Tinycastle or Firhill. They've taken the gloves off so the SPFL and member clubs need to do the same.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Patently obvious that Hearts are pushing for 8 hoping for 3, which is what they thought they'd lose early on. They're proven chancers and theives. A horrible little cub.

This will never go to court. Expect a payment of £200 - 300k from the SPFL to shut them up and a statement from Budge about accepting an "satisfactory but undisclosed compensation" and how, by settling out of court, Hearts have saved Scottish football.

Be under no illusion, Budge and Hearts will be shaken by the pushback from other clubs and the threat of expulsion. Court is not the final sanction and the BBC, English, Levein and all these other blind losers think. Getting kicked out of the game trumps that.
    They shouldn’t even get £200-300k. A settlement out of court will be seen as an admission of guilt by the majority of those numpties. It’ll make them even less tolerable.

They’ll get the parachute payment. That’s what they deserve. That’s all they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    The difficulty Hertz are going to have now is that they‘ll have royally pissed off the Old Firm with the move to get the leagues suspended while this is potentially argued out in court.

Up until this point it looks like they’ve been largely sympathetic of their plight, but that will change pretty quickly. The narrative in the press will be totally different I reckon, and will start to vilify them big style.
    Clyde superscoreboard were saying exactly that that they were now really annoying clubs and any sympathy has evaporated. Jim Duffy was saying that if they stopped the season starting very likely they would be sued by both the old firm on the very real grounds of restraint of trade. It could be popcorn time very soon. Budge will soon find out that once you enter the grown ups world reality bites very very hard.

@hibs.net private member
    If the SFA don’t take action against them then UEFA will take action against the SFA. UEFA always go after the associations rather than clubs. Scotland could be banned from the play offS for UEFA championship and the Nations league and World Cup qualifiers. Clubs must use CAS as their first option of pursuing claims. Hearts and Thistle have really opened a can of worms and are really in the ****. The SPLF will respond vigorously within the next week and then the retreat will begin from Hearts. £8m is laughable but is deliberately high to try and get a few hundred thousand. Cases get settled all the time because it’s cheaper than running them even if you believe you’ve got a good case. But settling the case does not solve the SFA problem or Hearts and Thistles potential punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Clyde superscoreboard were saying exactly that that they were now really annoying clubs and any sympathy has evaporated. Jim Duffy was saying that if they stopped the season starting very likely they would be sued by both the old firm on the very real grounds of restraint of trade. It could be popcorn time very soon. Budge will soon find out that once you enter the grown ups world reality bites very very hard.
    The season could only be delayed by court interdict. Nobody could sue Hearts for that happening.