hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never seen that happen before other than once in Aberdeen after our recent 0-0 game, and I'm a fairly regular customer of spoons across Edinburgh/Glasgow.

However, when it happened I didn't mind. I imagine anyone at the tables we queued past weren't happy but I was content to know I'd be served in turn. One for the pet peeves thread is when the bar tenders have no idea who is next (not their fault) and you and another customer both know you were there first but they start shouting their order ahead of you.
    Sad days indeed when the bar staff don't know who's next. It was a skill all bar staff had at one time but no more. There's loads of things now become common which piss off us oldies (OK maybe just me) Automatically filling a glass to the top with ice. Pouring a whole bottle of tonic in your gin without asking. Next time you ask for two drams and they're coming out the same optic, pay attention to how quickly the second one is filled. Has the optic had time to fill properly?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    What about "the burds" of the world? ;-)
    You're right!. Should have been top of the he list!!

Gerry Cinnamon.

Just Weegie chaviness all round.

Folk that feel the need to play music on public transport without the aid of earphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Gerry Cinnamon.

Just Weegie chaviness all round.
    I don't know much about him beyond that one overplayed song that's inexplicably popular. Every time I see him he just screams CELTIC though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Folk that feel the need to challenge every rule,regulation or procedure and waste time trying to argue their point.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Folk that feel the need to challenge every rule,regulation or procedure and waste time trying to argue their point.
    100% agree with this, if they actually just did what everyone else manages to do without a fuss then everyone's life would be a lot easier.

Obviously there's a place for a bit of anarchy/challenge but not with everything and not all the time. Arguing for arguing sake is just idiotic.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Something I don't understand is how do people in front of us take a long time at ATM's and check-in counters etc...yet when we go it seems to be really quick? Never quite understood that....

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Mostly done because they only see the disadvantage to themselves and don't get why said rules are there for the benefit of the many.
    Last edited by Hibrandenburg; 11-09-2018 at 08:41 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    When you're on a course for work and you know that if you just let them teach you you could all get away an hour early but some buffoon keeps asking stupid questions or giving personal scenarios which are totally irrelevant to the course and others join in so you know your there for the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    100% agree with this, if they actually just did what everyone else manages to do without a fuss then everyone's life would be a lot easier.

Obviously there's a place for a bit of anarchy/challenge but not with everything and not all the time. Arguing for arguing sake is just idiotic.
    I don't mind folk challenging a way of doing things if they have a constructive and workable alternative solution themselves.

My work just seems to be full of the 'this is a ***** way of doing things' mob who shrug their shoulders and look vaguely alarmed when you ask them how they would do it instead.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    When you're on a course for work and you know that if you just let them teach you you could all get away an hour early but some buffoon keeps asking stupid questions or giving personal scenarios which are totally irrelevant to the course and others join in so you know your there for the duration.
    Oh yes...the 5 day offshore first aid/advanced first aid is an absolute disgrace. Not the attendees coming out with rubbish though but the trainers. A two day course padded out to five days by tales of heroics from times past.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Mostly done because they only see the disadvantage to themselves and don't get why said rules are there for the benefit of the many.
    Nail on head.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Oh yes...the 5 day offshore first aid/advanced first aid is an absolute disgrace. Not the attendees coming out with rubbish though but the trainers. A two day course padded out to five days by tales of heroics from times past.
    ha. every bloody course I go on for work is like that. stories of what the trainer did their whole career and how close they are to retirement.

mate we've all done this **** hundreds of times we just need you to sign the form to say we sat the course and we'll get back to actually working. cheers...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Something I don't understand is how do people in front of us take a long time at ATM's and check-in counters etc...yet when we go it seems to be really quick? Never quite understood that....
    Folk that get their cash out then put the card back into piss about with statements and that.

Should be 1 transaction then back to the end of the queue if you really need to do something else.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I can honestly say I've never seen the film Grease and I have absolutely no intention of watching it. I just just don't get it and the hype that surrounds it. I personally don't think that not having seen it is a big deal to be honest but the looks of utter shock horror I get (mainly from women) when I say this are really funny. It's like in that moment of admitting I haven't seen I have all of a sudden become a social outcast.

Ram it, I'm no watching it.... ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I can honestly say I've never seen the film Grease and I have absolutely no intention of watching it. I just just don't get it and the hype that surrounds it. I personally don't think that not having seen it is a big deal to be honest but the looks of utter shock horror I get (mainly from women) when I say this are really funny. It's like in that moment of admitting I haven't seen I have all of a sudden become a social outcast.

What is the thing you "don't get" here?

@hibs.net private member

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    What is the thing you "don't get" here?

Don't get the hype around the film and how it seems to be a "cult" classic. Also don't get why it seems to be such a big deal to some that I've not seen it and do not want to...

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Don't get the hype around the film and how it seems to be a "cult" classic. Also don't get why it seems to be such a big deal to some that I've not seen it and do not want to...
    I know what you mean, I get the same attitude and 'how can you not have seen it' pish when I tell people I have never seen Top Gun. And I have to intention to watch it as I cant stand Tom Cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I know what you mean, I get the same attitude and 'how can you not have seen it' pish when I tell people I have never seen Top Gun. And I have to intention to watch it as I cant stand Tom Cruise.

Thats another one I've not seen and like you, I have no intention of watching it.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Maybe if you watched the film you would understand the hype

I'm only joking though as i know what you mean. I've always been a bit like that with the Godfather films. I love gangster films like that but I've always just struggled with those for some reason, was only relatively recently i managed to watch the first one in full but i found it a bit of a struggle. Can't really be arsed with the other ones. Why that seems to bother people so much i'll never know.

I'm not massively into films, I fall asleep shortly after starting to watch most of them.

My whole life I've had conversations with people where they just cannot believe the well-known films I've not seen.

That's not to say that there aren't a few that I love. I just don't manage to watch many right through, and I always find it weird that people find that weird.

Die Hard? Beverly Hills Cop? Police Academy?

Not seen them, don't ever want to.

I get the same pish re Braveheart.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I'm not massively into films, I fall asleep shortly after starting to watch most of them.

My whole life I've had conversations with people where they just cannot believe the well-known films I've not seen.

That's not to say that there aren't a few that I love. I just don't manage to watch many right through, and I always find it weird that people find that weird.

Die Hard? Beverly Hills Cop? Police Academy?

Not seen them, don't ever want to.
    Thought it was only me. "How can you not like The Shawshank Redemption/The Godfather/Pulp Fiction etc?" said my colleagues, shaking their heads in bewilderment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Thought it was only me. "How can you not like The Shawshank Redemption/The Godfather/Pulp Fiction etc?" said my colleagues, shaking their heads in bewilderment.
    I'm the same. I enjoy some films of course but I can't get overly emotionally involved in them.

I actually prefer the start of films and the getting to know the characters part, it's when the actual main part of the story starts that I start to drift off.

I remember everyone raving about Gravity a few years back but by about half way through I was bored of the, admittedly very good, effects and visuals and I just didn't give a toss about any of the characters so couldn't really get into the will they live or not tension.

Never seen a Star Wars movie

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    There’s a Radio 4 comedy show, think it’s still running, called ‘I’ve Never Seen Star Wars’ where famous people admit to not having done something that loads of people have, then do it and relate their experience.

Some of them are better than others. Probably the best example is Ian Hislop playing ​Grand Theft Auto
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    There’s a Radio 4 comedy show, think it’s still running, called ‘I’ve Never Seen Star Wars’ where famous people admit to not having done something that loads of people have, then do it and relate their experience.

Some of them are better than others. Probably the best example is Ian Hislop playing ​Grand Theft Auto
    On my list 👍
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    Thought I'd wind up previously mentioned colleagues by saying that I didn't know the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek. They weren't far off actually rolling about the floor they were in such a state of side-splittingness

I haven't actually watched either.