hibs.net Messageboard

Student Football Travel Survey for Tynecastle

I am a 4th year Beng Civil and Transportation Engineering student at Edinburgh Napier University. My 4th year Honours project is based on how to best manage the transportation for stadiums which move from city centre locations to out of town locations. Hearts and Aberdeen are two clubs within Scotland that have been looking to move from their existing stadiums to new stadiums, located out of the city centre. As I am a student based in Edinburgh, I have decided to look at the move Hearts wish to make from Tynecastle to a location near to Edinburgh International Airport. I have prepared a really short survey which will only take 2 minutes to complete and will help me get a base understanding of how supporters from all clubs travel to a stadium to watch a football match. The survey is for both Home (Hearts Fans) and Away Fans from any club. Please take a couple of minutes to complete this survey which is strictly academic.

http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/0900...earts-stadium/

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by student View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am a 4th year Beng Civil and Transportation Engineering student at Edinburgh Napier University. My 4th year Honours project is based on how to best manage the transportation for stadiums which move from city centre locations to out of town locations. Hearts and Aberdeen are two clubs within Scotland that have been looking to move from their existing stadiums to new stadiums, located out of the city centre. As I am a student based in Edinburgh, I have decided to look at the move Hearts wish to make from Tynecastle to a location near to Edinburgh International Airport. I have prepared a really short survey which will only take 2 minutes to complete and will help me get a base understanding of how supporters from all clubs travel to a stadium to watch a football match. The survey is for both Home (Hearts Fans) and Away Fans from any club. Please take a couple of minutes to complete this survey which is strictly academic.

Done.

At least Aberdeen's has a chance of being completed. Hearts self inflicted financial problems means the clubs future is in jeopardy nevermind being in a position to build a new stadium so its a pie in the sky proposal like their £51m main stand development has proven to be.

A council funded bail out is also a no go following the parliament and trams debacle. With their history of sexual offending from players, manager and fans many would say a move from the city to a less populated area may be beneficial and childrens charities may help with funding.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    Done.

At least Aberdeen's has a chance of being completed. Hearts self inflicted financial problems means the clubs future is in jeopardy nevermind being in a position to build a new stadium so its a pie in the sky proposal like their £51m main stand development has proven to be.

A council funded bail out is also a no go following the parliament and trams debacle. With their history of sexual offending from players, manager and fans many would say a move from the city to a less populated area may be beneficial and childrens charities may help with funding.
    Nope.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Just had a thought after completing the survey.

What if he is not a student but a Yam agent, trying to prove the Cooncil's crazy trams project will become profit making only if the Council build a new Yam Mega Dome at the tram terminus and everyone says they would travel by tram to the matches.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Just completed it, mainly because I might end up posting my survey on here too

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    Just completed it, mainly because I might end up posting my survey on here too
    Snap.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Just had a thought after completing the survey.

What if he is not a student but a Yam agent, trying to prove the Cooncil's crazy trams project will become profit making only if the Council build a new Yam Mega Dome at the tram terminus and everyone says they would travel by tram to the matches.
    I love a good conspiracy theory. This, however, isn't one.

There isn't likely to be any room for a stadium anywhere near the tram route. To succeed, the tram corridor needs industrial and commercial development operating five or six days a week not a ghost stadium with one match every two weeks.

First Team Breakthrough jon paul jones's Avatar
    Done mate

Purely on the karma that we are allowed to put seven past the manky mob next thursday

@hibs.net private member
    Was very impressed with the set up at Eindhoven, with a train pulling up at a concourse adjoining the stadium, also loved the heaters slung from the ceiling.

Thank you for all of the responses to the survey so far. The information I am getting is really useful and I would greatly appreciate if anyone who has not already answered the survey could please do so. It only takes a couple of minutes to fill out.

Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by student View Post
    Thank you for all of the responses to the survey so far. The information I am getting is really useful and I would greatly appreciate if anyone who has not already answered the survey could please do so. It only takes a couple of minutes to fill out.

Many Thanks
    Done, good luck.

@hibs.net private member semaj64's Avatar
    Done, I have no issue with out of town stadiums but good to have a pub to meet in before hand, get a bit of the pre match atmosphere.

Thank you again for all of the responses to the survey so far. The information I am getting is really useful and I would greatly appreciate if anyone who has not already answered the survey could please do so. On average it takes 45 seconds to complete, it really is that simple. The more responses I get the more accurate my data will be. I am only keeping the survey open for a few more days.

Many Thanks