hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisbet

Quote Originally Posted by hibeejeebies View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bad run of results at the moment but I don't see the need for the Kevin Nisbet pile on.

He looks low on confidence which is affecting his decision-making. He's far from alone in that respect. To compound matters, we don't have the luxury of taking him out the firing line due to our lack of options in that department. That's our own doing.

I agree he needs to contribute more but words like hate being banded about, comparisons to Florian Kamberi, who showed real contempt for the club, all a bit unnecessary imo.
    Agree, while something is not right it is not all down to Kevin Nisbet.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Has he broke sweat in the last 4 games

Genuine question

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Agree, while something is not right it is not all down to Kevin Nisbet.
    Kevin Nisbet's attitude is 100% down to Kevin Nisbet.

Complete waste of a Jersey.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I've been patient with him but he was just dreadful tonight bar one great ball to Boyle. Body language all wrong, not "at it".

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Every striker goes through a bad patch but its the fact he doesnt even look like he is interested thats the worrying part, that one run he had through the middle in the 2nd half was embarrassing, he looked so slow

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Kevin Nisbet's attitude is 100% down to Kevin Nisbet.

Complete waste of a Jersey.
    Is it attitude or application or something else that we are all just guessing at, clutching straws that we have all the answers as to what makes a good Hibs team.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I’m hoping he’s playing through an injury otherwise his contribution just now is pretty pathetic.
    Kind of get the impression that may be the case in saying that no excuse for his lack of aggression and non tackle for third goal.

Piss poor off late Kevin Kamberi has went right off it unfortunately

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Huffy with a rank rotten attitude and like a man down when it’s no going his way, he looks like he canny be arsed majority of the time, seems disinterested, I get the impression he thinks he’s better than Hibs and the quickest he’s moved in weeks is when he was subbed off.

It’s a shame he’s no half the player he thinks he is
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Is it attitude or application or something else that we are all just guessing at, clutching straws that we have all the answers as to what makes a good Hibs team.
    Guessing? We are witnessing it pal and it stinks.

Terrible contribution tonight.
    Several times a teammate went on the press and he couldn't be arsed going with and closing down the spare man. Several other times he was beaten when closest to the ball and favorite. The fact we persist with him and then bring on a youngster so far down the pecking order to me bordered on a message from JR as if to say this isn't my fault my hands are tied here with options.

His attempt at a tackle, after giving it away, in the lead up to the third was absolutely shocking .

Nisbet owes Doidge his caps as simple as that. He’s neither a target man or a poacher but the least you can do is work hard. He doesn’t

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeejeebies View Post
    Bad run of results at the moment but I don't see the need for the Kevin Nisbet pile on.

He looks low on confidence which is affecting his decision-making. He's far from alone in that respect. To compound matters, we don't have the luxury of taking him out the firing line due to our lack of options in that department. That's our own doing.

I agree he needs to contribute more but words like hate being banded about, comparisons to Florian Kamberi, who showed real contempt for the club, all a bit unnecessary imo.

He was very poor though.

If he wants to get to where he thinks he should in the game, he’s gonna have to do a lot, lot better than that.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Sick of making excuses for the guy to be honest. I’ve tried to give him the benefit of the doubt with maybe it’s just his style or difficult with one up top but the effort just isn’t there plain and simple.
    One good pass to Boyle tonight but he doesn’t even think about troubling defenders or at least making it difficult for them when he isn’t favourite to get there. Stuff that should be there as a bare minimum.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Gary Neville was having a go at the Man U strikers the other week. He said that the Man City and Liverpool strikers sprint to to close down and press but the Man U forwards just jog. Nisbet does nothing and that's unacceptable. If the defence and keeper are chucking in goals what hope have you got with the likes of him up front?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Played the best pass of the night by a Hibs player.

Indeed. Just about the only thing he did right though.

It made me think - and not for the first time - if he’s getting no joy from being up front on his own, why doesn’t he drop deeper, show for the ball, and try threading passes through for Boyle or Murphy?

Is Jack telling him to stay on the shoulder of the centre backs, no matter what? Or can he not be *rsed?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

It made me think - and not for the first time - if he’s getting no joy from being up front on his own, why doesn’t he drop deeper, show for the ball, and try threading passes through for Boyle or Murphy?

Is Jack telling him to stay on the shoulder of the centre backs, no matter what? Or can he not be *rsed?
    I’d wondered what his instructions were as well.

There was a point when Campbell made a run out to the right side for a ball down the line. He was then over on the left wing about 15 seconds later chasing something else down. Nisbet hadn’t moved more than a few feet and watched Campbell go right by him.

I can only presume he’s being told to play like that or if not then Ross should be going ****ing ballistic at him.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Based on his role at the 3rd goal I'd suggest it's the can't be arsed option

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Don't understand any hibby trying to defend Nisbet. Not just for his performance tonight, he has been the same for weeks now. Compare his recent outings to those of last season & try telling me he is putting the effort in.
    No, his lack of performance isn't the reason for our poor recent run but his attitude and lack of effort certainly isn't helping.
    Drop him, don't care who for, it would be an improvement.
    Sorry Wright ? Thought he did well when he came on.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I thought when I first saw him he looked a class act that was going to continue to improve and he was rightly called into the Scotland squad. Now he looks a shadow of that player, for whatever reason. At the moment he should be dropped and made to earn his place back in the side. It’s up to him to prove he’s worth a starting place, he certainly isn’t at present and I’d rather give a totally untried youngster a chance - they genuinely couldn’t offer any less.

I think if you take tonight’s team, remove Gogic and Nisbet - you have the solid core upon which to build a decent team.

Pick a formation (I’d normally go 352, it always just seems to me what suits Hibs players to play best) and put in a couple of players, just not that pair.

It’s probably not going to be a top 3 standard team but it’s not going to be dross to rival Butcher’s boys, like we’ve seen in our last 3 games. They should get enough points to be in and about the top 6 though. Gogic and Nisbet have been on a longer decline, the rest of them haven’t turned into bad players overnight.

Then we can get Doidge and Magennis back, bolster properly in January and hopefully we can salvage European qualification from the season.

If anyone fancies giving us money for our international striker, their hand should be bitten off.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I thought when I first saw him he looked a class act that was going to continue to improve and he was rightly called into the Scotland squad. Now he looks a shadow of that player, for whatever reason. At the moment he should be dropped and made to earn his place back in the side. It’s up to him to prove he’s worth a starting place, he certainly isn’t at present and I’d rather give a totally untried youngster a chance - they genuinely couldn’t offer any less.
    I echo your thoughts entirely. O'connor, young, gullan, laidlaw. Anyone bar nisbet until her proves he is applying himself.

Nisbet needs to have a word with himself about application for the jersey he wears cause he’s selling it short.it’s a pity our attitude as a club towards him wasn’t the same in the previous two transfer windows.no where near good enough at present.
    Give me a hard working good all round guy like doidge in the team every day of the week over a sulking striker who needs molly coddled to score goals.
    Even the proposed new deal hasn’t been signed,this boy has a clear problem with commitment to Hibernian.
    Last edited by tonyrougier123; 27-10-2021 at 11:26 PM.

Its the body language that gets me.

I expect him to drop out of the next Scotland squad based on current form.Maybe that will give him the wake up call he needs.

For both him and Hibs.

@hibs.net private member hibsitis's Avatar
    What does it say about Ross that he can't sort Nisbet's attitude?

I know for a fact his attitude and laziness isn’t just limited to games. He could do so much more and take care of himself so much better to really reach his potential.

I fear we may have missed the boat cashing in on him as on current form yous struggle to commands 7 figures. Needs to give himself a massive shake.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JOD View Post
    Its the body language that gets me.

I expect him to drop out of the next Scotland squad based on current form.Maybe that will give him the wake up call he needs.

For both him and Hibs.
    He should be nowhere near a Scotland cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    Every striker goes through a bad patch but its the fact he doesnt even look like he is interested thats the worrying part, that one run he had through the middle in the 2nd half was embarrassing, he looked so slow
    Yeh, that for me too. He played the ball past the defender and never looked like he could be first to it after that. Last season Nisbet was doing some decent work outside of the box which made him worth having on the pitch even when he wasn't scoring. This season he's utterly anonymous .. whatever the reason for it he needs to sort it and quick, because if he cant I'm with the folk on here saying we might as well replace him with one of the kids who even if they don't have the quality yet might just run their heart out for the team.

Left by mutual consent!
    He’s fast turning into another Kamberi. Utterly unacceptable and needs dropped.