hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McLeish's standard 3-5-2 was an accident waiting to happen. But that doesn't excuse what Souttar did or for Robertson's performance.
    Robertson ? you forget to add the other 9.McGregor in goals was only decent performance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    https://cc.sporttube.com/embed/RdkCC...preload/mobile

If this is a foul, there will be about 40 penalties a week????

@hibs.net private member
    Think Souttar was unlucky to be sent off. We were struggling long before that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    I know Hanlon isn’t fit just now but how the hell was he not in ALL the squads last season. Nonsense.
    Said it for God knows how long. Our problems run much deeper than centre half, and obviously Hanlon wasn't available tonight, but he's a better defender and fitba player than several who are and have been picked in front of him. He's not in the same class as Tierney as a left back but is a better centre half every day of the week - simply because Tierney (a quality full back) isn't a central defender!!

McGregor saved us from arguably the most embarrassing result in Scotland's international history. 5 or 6 wouldn't have flattered Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Think Souttar was unlucky to be sent off. We were struggling long before that though.
    He was pish anyway,no great loss

First Team Breakthrough
    Anyone else find it funny that Souttar was sent off?

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewiehas2 View Post
    Anyone else find it funny that Souttar was sent off?
    If we had won, yes. As it is we lost and may not have if he'd stayed on, so no not at all. At least he's now suspended for the next game. Time for a call up for Paul Hanlon

Better get in quick, boys. Those Portugal tickets are going to be like gold dust.

@hibs.net private member
    Another thing is I don’t get what McKenna has. Strikes me as a big stopper and not much else.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Robertson ? you forget to add the other 9.McGregor in goals was only decent performance.
    I know but Robertson is our top man by a mile and couldn't seem to cope with the weight of the captain's armband. Not ideal.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    can't disagree with willie miller although he's exagerrated about the attempts, it was only 22

They had 23 attempts at goal and that shouldn't happen, but it did because we didn't perform in any department. The strikers didn't threaten, the midfield was simply dreadful, the wing-backs couldn't have played any worse... Allan McGregor is the only one who got pass marks.

There's no need for any post mortem into what's wrong with the Scottish game. That tonight was due to a manager not picking the best players he could have and sending a team on the park without a scooby what they were meant to be doing. He then failed to do anything proactive or reactive until his hand was forced.

Time for the SFA to admit they made, another, mistake. Cut our losses and get rid. McLeish is another yesterdays man.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There's no need for any post mortem into what's wrong with the Scottish game. That tonight was due to a manager not picking the best players he could have and sending a team on the park without a scooby what they were meant to be doing. He then failed to do anything proactive or reactive until his hand was forced.

Time for the SFA to admit they made, another, mistake. Cut our losses and get rid. McLeish is another yesterdays man.
    But they'll duck it & stick their head's in the sand hoping it will be alright on the night. It just gets you down to the point you no longer care, sad.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Walter Smith was briefly courted but withdrew from the running after becoming frustrated at a failure to arrange a meeting. Despite widespread calls to interview Steve Clarke, who has enjoyed stunning success in the short term at Kilmarnock, McLeish had the firm support of the Scottish FA’s president, Alan McRae, and vice-president, Rod Petrie.

what have you been told before Rod....stay ******* away from the football side of things
    please

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Couldnt agree more. If he hasn't got loads of cash to spend he is ****ing clueless. Get rid now before we go any further backwards. Tactically inept and all you need to know about him is summed up in his quotes about Boyle! The wrong team as well as the wrong formation = sure fire defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    https://cc.sporttube.com/embed/RdkCC...preload/mobile

If this is a foul, there will be about 40 penalties a week????
    It was Souttar. Foul all day long.

Hibs good run of form interrupted for this pish. Genuinely thought it was a friendly. What on earth is the Nations League??

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Hibs good run of form interrupted for this pish. Genuinely thought it was a friendly. What on earth is the Nations League??
    It's a new competition that's been created to ironically help countries like Scotland qualify for the European Championships.

So in other words it's another way for Scotland to find a way of failing.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Sparkys brother slating Mcleish, seems to have made the papers.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Sparkys brother slating Mcleish, seems to have made the papers.
    He called Mcleish a hun clown.. It's pretty hard to argue against it to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Gray is twice the player O'Donnell is.
    Didn't look the case in the game between the sides 3 weeks ago. O'Donnell was best right back that day imo, caused alot of problems. Gray switches off far too often to play internationally. Watch next game how often he just stands daydreaming marked by a winger instead of giving an option for a pass. He's had a brilliant start to the season and I'm delighted with that but he's not international level.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Another thing is I don’t get what McKenna has. Strikes me as a big stopper and not much else.
    most overrated player in scottish football IMO

Scotland are the reason I hate International breaks.
    I simply groan in anticipation of the same old slog and results, with the very occasional decent game and result.
    Give me the domestic game and my beloved Hibs every time over the international fayre.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Couldnt agree more. If he hasn't got loads of cash to spend he is ****ing clueless. Get rid now before we go any further backwards. Tactically inept and all you need to know about him is summed up in his quotes about Boyle! The wrong team as well as the wrong formation = sure fire defeat.
    His patronising comments regards all these wonderful players that are better than Boyle sum him up. Most weeks commentators pick out Boyle as being on top form. When else should you pick someone. He brings pace and dynamism to the team, something Scotland is totally lacking. And as for his handling of leigh. Playing the big man with your best striker shows he can't handle him. He's not up to the job and only took it as there was nothing available. God knows who will want the job.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    To clarify the angle I'm coming at. Of course there's room for criticizing, I've done my fair share on social media after this terrible result and along the road previously many times. That's not the point I'm trying to make. Heaven knows here in the US one of the things that particularly drives me nuts, is that not only at the football games but in day to day life, is the happy clappy, big no no to criticism that exists. Football here is a great example of it, for anyone who hasn't been to a game in the US it would probably like me make you laugh and just shake your head in disbelief at some of the ongoings. Just a few side examples of that while they're in my head. I was at a game recently (Sacramento Republic, smaller team playing in the league below MLS) Anyway they were at home and they were 3-0 up. In the 85th minute they gave away a penalty. The guy stepped up and missed. A guy sitting 2 rows behind me stands up and frustrated says 'I can't believe you saved that Josh!! (Sacramento keepers name) We are already 3 up and thats just plain rude and we are so much better than that as a club! Their confidence is already shot tonight and they should at least of had that consolation goal'....Now before anyone thinks, clearly he was being sarcastic....nope. Sarcasm I've learnt (sometimes the awkward way) barely exists here in America. Anyway, could you image that going on at Easter Road?? One more. I was at a San Jose earthquakes game last week (MLS side) and oppositly they were 3-0 down. They were hopeless, passing, pressing, control, it was worse that the Butcher days I kid you not. We'd be bathing for blood for that the players were getting upto on the pitch, but it's all hot-dogs are socializing for the mass out here, mixed in with that 'you can do it, we shall never be negative to our team' over the top attitude. I'm getting sidetracked though...(and some people may be saying, but California-Hibs, you are doing the same thing saying no one should be negative. No, thats NOT what I'm doing...)

Back to Scotland. The point I was trying to make and that I've emphasized in previous Scotland games, is that when something positive happens, be it in the game, a certain call up, a result etc we are very very quick to not give it much due praise at all but then when the bad stuff comes along there is people who claim that they didn't give a hoot, out quick as a shot to fire the (rightful) negativity.

I always follow the Scotland threads on here. I'm a big fan of the national team. Yes, Hibs are out in front by a distance in my heart, but I still have a fondness for the Scotland team. I think when you see players playing in the English Prem, Championship etc you can't deny that theres some quality there. Some of the things you read about certain players are laughable. But anyway, I've saw threads on here while and after we've experienced the high of beating good opposition in the past such as France, Czech Republic, Ireland, Poland, Croatia, and it's like praise given through gritted teeth with so many, I just can't understand it when we have those types of results and performances! I agree they have been few and far between and recently its not great.

Listen, I first made my post today yesterday when we were 0-1 up. I said there was a lack of positive comments and in my opinion I'm right in saying that due to previous observations. I'm a firm believer of credit where it's due in life and trying best to be humble. We were rank rotten after we took the lead though and very very lucky it wasn't a big scoreline. I never wanted Gordon to go and certainly McLeish wasn't my first choice, but we are where we are. International Football isn't going to just go away. We'll have Hibs breaks till the end of time through a season, get used to it. Everyone has the right of to each their own, support the national team as you see fit. Not going to shy away from sharing my thoughts on the country I love...

That's my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    God knows who will want the job.
    Jack Ross has already said its the job he wants most in football. Despite the fact hes only been at Sunderland for five months and yon ginger character is still a relative newbie with Scotland, I can see Ross becoming Scotland manager one day, whether sooner or later.

Left by mutual consent!
    Another heroic Scotland performance...

Israels first win in 2 years....was always goig to happen tonight.

Ginger Jud@s can GTF!

Why he seems to insist on Souttar(who is murder by the way)....Is beyond me!

At this rate...We will soon be overtaking San Marino at the bottom of the coefficiency.

Jud@s needs to walk!
    Our ranking must be plummeting with all these defeats!

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Didn't look the case in the game between the sides 3 weeks ago. O'Donnell was best right back that day imo, caused alot of problems. Gray switches off far too often to play internationally. Watch next game how often he just stands daydreaming marked by a winger instead of giving an option for a pass. He's had a brilliant start to the season and I'm delighted with that but he's not international level.
    Interesting.

I’ve been thinking about the Sir David for Scotland thing and concluded that I’m too biased to make a judgement. He’s sir David, scorer of the most Important goal ever and that’s all I really care about!

Is the problem that there are no coaches of any decent level that would want the job? We have the players the best Israel easily. Our coaches are dreadful.