hibs.net Messageboard

Page 364 of 436 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414 ... LastLast
Results 10,891 to 10,920 of 13062
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the 5th window in a row we’ve gone into with the same midfield issues. I hope they do read his post tbh.
    What midfield issues haven't been adressed? Not signing another John McGinn? When was the last John McGinn we had before John McGinn? How likely is it that we'll find another one?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Tommy Block signs for Woking

✍ | Welcome to Woking, @Blocky_04

👉 https://t.co/LyoeeQPv8d

#Block2021 #CardsReBoot #COYCards
    What level is Woking

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    What midfield issues haven't been adressed? Not signing another John McGinn? When was the last John McGinn we had before John McGinn? How likely is it that we'll find another one?
    The fact this is the 3rd season in a row we’ve gone into not having a balanced midfield. I could accept if the quality wasn’t good enough if I could see what the midfield plan was. We appear to have mainly just signed a collection of individuals without much thought to how they all fit together.

Left by mutual consent!
    This is the 5th window in a row we’ve gone into with the same midfield issues. I hope they do read his post tbh.
    No the previous three we needed a hood spoiling midfielder and we signed the stand out in the league last season for this.

Left by mutual consent!
    The fact this is the 3rd season in a row we’ve gone into not having a balanced midfield. I could accept if the quality wasn’t good enough if I could see what the midfield plan was. We appear to have mainly just signed a collection of individuals without much thought to how they all fit together.
    Apart from Gocic.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    What level is Woking
    National League south, 6th level in England I think. 2nd level of the National League System.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Apart from Gocic.
    The Gogic signing is an excellent one but it was always going to take more than one player to turn our midfield into an acceptable one, especially with Whittaker and Slivka leaving.

A player a bit short of McGinn's level but still bringing certain attributes could transform this team.

And the Aberdeen game showed what we have without Gogic, so some further cover for that area wouldn't go amiss too, as he will miss games.

No the previous three we needed a hood spoiling midfielder and we signed the stand out in the league last season for this.
    That’s why I said “mainly”. Gogic is a very good signing and clear what his role is and how he fits in but we’re in the 5th window and he’s just one piece of an unfinished picture.

Wright
    Boyle

Newell
    Gogic
    Hallberg

Murray
    Mallan
    Allan

For me the balance of width, stopping and creativity isn't bad - the problem is getting everyone on their game and available for selection at the same time.

If there's somebody we can bring in who'll improve things then all the better, but I don't see any need to panic either.

Left by mutual consent!
    That’s why I said “mainly”. Gogic is a very good signing and clear what his role is and how he fits in but we’re in the 5th window and he’s just one piece of an unfinished picture.
    You said the same midfield issues, I feel we recognise these issues and have tried to rectify in very testing times. Don’t think recruitment team are to blame at the moment, like said before it’s better nobody already than some ***** just for the sake of it. Plenty time left in the window.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    The Gogic signing is an excellent one but it was always going to take more than one player to turn our midfield into an acceptable one, especially with Whittaker and Slivka leaving.

A player a bit short of McGinn's level but still bringing certain attributes could transform this team.

And the Aberdeen game showed what we have without Gogic, so some further cover for that area wouldn't go amiss too, as he will miss games.
    100%. I would argue we need two more midfielders still also but we don’t seem to be blindly going in again with the same issues which seemed to be the criticism.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wright
    Boyle

Newell
    Gogic
    Hallberg

Murray
    Mallan
    Allan

For me the balance of width, stopping and creativity isn't bad - the problem is getting everyone on their game and available for selection at the same time.

If there's somebody we can bring in who'll improve things then all the better, but I don't see any need to panic either.
    There’s a distinct lack of energy and composure in the middle of the park for me.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Ojo, McCrorie and now Fraser within the past year.

Annoying when we're the patsy for players going elsewhere.

I'm all for us sticking to our budget. But we always hear about us 'selling our vision' to players. When, let's be honest, about 90% of players out there just care about who's offering the biggest wage.

Just infuriating losing out on another target we were interested in.

Just hope the next one isn't a Vela type signing! I'd prefer we just stuck with what we have if it's signing someone for the sake of it.
    I suppose other clubs were the patsies when we signed Gogic, Nisbet, Wright and Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    I had hoped we would sign Fraser before he went to Burton. I've been following his fortunes down there and it hasn't surprised me he's done so well.

A very good attacking midfielder, who is excellent in dead ball situations. Fairly one sided but he would be a fantastic signing for Hibs.
    Thought he was great when we played DU at ER, When Levine was supposed to have signed him on a pre contract I thought he would be a good player for them, ended up at burton and was getting rave reviews class player but dont know what kind of shift he would put in.

Wright
    Boyle

Newell
    Gogic
    Hallberg

Murray
    Mallan
    Allan

For me the balance of width, stopping and creativity isn't bad - the problem is getting everyone on their game and avilable for selection at the same time.
    Agree to disagree. I don’t think there’s any combination of a balanced central midfield from those You have listed (Newell, Gogic, Hallberg, Mallan & Allan). It’s the same midfield that badly struggled last season, and in a lot of games this season. Plus the addition of Gogic, who has been a good signing, but won’t fix the problems of last season, and this season, on his own.

@hibs.net private member
    There’s a distinct lack of energy and composure in the middle of the park for me.
    Agree. Two more for me needed.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

You said the same midfield issues, I feel we recognise these issues and have tried to rectify in very testing times. Don’t think recruitment team are to blame at the moment, like said before it’s better nobody already than some ***** just for the sake of it. Plenty time left in the window.
    Yep, we still currently have the same midfield issue as we have the last two seasons, balance IMO. The signing of Gogic makes sense and is a promising sign, but until we actually sign what’s needed this window (and there’s enough time to still do that) but until we do sign the type of midfielders we need, which we haven’t in the previous 4 windows the jury still remains out IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    The McRorie one frustrated me as the club were talking about it publicly and Sevco have given us the run around.

Absolutely no reason for any Hibs fan to get annoyed at the club on the Fraser transfer though. All we have is one journo putting out a story. I'm sure Hibs look at dozens of players every window that don't materialise. That's part of the game. You don't get every target.

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Not just this deal, couldn't care less about Scott Fraser, it's the time it's taking us to address a blatantly obvious issue!
    When does the transfer window shut? And you do know there's a massive pandemic sweeping the planet which is affecting everything and anything

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Ojo, McCrorie and now Fraser within the past year.

Annoying when we're the patsy for players going elsewhere.

I'm all for us sticking to our budget. But we always hear about us 'selling our vision' to players. When, let's be honest, about 90% of players out there just care about who's offering the biggest wage.

Just infuriating losing out on another target we were interested in.

Just hope the next one isn't a Vela type signing! I'd prefer we just stuck with what we have if it's signing someone for the sake of it.
    I get what your saying bud and yes it's really annoying seeing players that might do a job for us go elsewhere but we ain't patsys for anyone. We have a budget like every other club on the planet and the well run clubs will stick to said budget and won't spend what they don't have to please some fans who don't have a clue how to run a football club
    I'm also certain that we have been interested in a lot more players than the ones you have mentioned and they have all ended up elsewhere
    Thank **** we or you don't hear about all the players we are interested in and lose out on. I dread to think how annoyed that would make you feel

We aren't physical or mobile enough to win the battle against a decent midfield. We don't have anyone dropping in to take it off the defence and build the play, don't look after the ball enough. We've got allan looking for the World Cup pass. And newell and Mallan able to hit a set piece.
    Last edited by JammyDoidger; 09-09-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    The McRorie one frustrated me as the club were talking about it publicly and Sevco have given us the run around.

Absolutely no reason for any Hibs fan to get annoyed at the club on the Fraser transfer though. All we have is one journo putting out a story. I'm sure Hibs look at dozens of players every window that don't materialise. That's part of the game. You don't get every target.
    Gerrard spoke publicly at 1st not Hibs, a deal was agreed between Rangers and the player until Aberdeen got involved, the loan and future payment plus extra wages for the player changed it. Hibs were not happy at all, the club and player went back on a gentleman's agreement.
    Last edited by J-C; 09-09-2020 at 03:17 PM.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    I get what your saying bud and yes it's really annoying seeing players that might do a job for us go elsewhere but we ain't patsys for anyone. We have a budget like every other club on the planet and the well run clubs will stick to said budget and won't spend what they don't have to please some fans who don't have a clue how to run a football club
    I'm also certain that we have been interested in a lot more players than the ones you have mentioned and they have all ended up elsewhere
    Thank **** we or you don't hear about all the players we are interested in and lose out on. I dread to think how annoyed that would make you feel

Haha I don't disagree about that at all. I'd be fizzing! 😡

It's just frustration on my part. I'm sure I'll be buzzing as soon as the next rumour comes along.

I will have a stab at trying to answer that mate and hazard a guess it was maybe John Collins who was the last before SJM that we had who came close. Some people really need to calm down a bit and face reality

Just me that finds it bizarre that people can't see we need a couple of midfielders?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Just me that finds it bizarre that people can't see we need a couple of midfielders?
    No one's saying that, I think we're all in agreement that we need at least 1 possibly 2 midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    Agree. Two more for me needed.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    2 more?? So we are getting rid of all our midfield except Gogic now? Wow

Haha I don't disagree about that at all. I'd be fizzing!

It's just frustration on my part. I'm sure I'll be buzzing as soon as the next rumour comes along.
    Och I'm the same bud and as much as it does my thrupney bits in tae I've just kinda hardened up to the fact that we are who we are and will lose out on probably most of our first choices season after season. I just try and not show it now after 40 odd years of going to ER

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    No one's saying that, I think we're all in agreement that we need at least 1 possibly 2 midfielders.
    Probably, but anyone coming in has to be better than what we have otherwise they're a waste of a wage.

People that are better than what we have will attract interest and therefore competition from other clubs, including some who can pay more than us.

People have to appreciate that it's not just a case of Hibs deciding that they want a certain player or a certain type of player so they just go out and get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    It’s clear as day.

Proportionate criticism of Hibs for not sorting this area yet is reasonable - whilst acknowledging that Gogic is a good signing, that we’re strong in all other departments, and that we already have several players who might be part of a very strong solution albeit unable to quite cut it themselves without being supplemented.