Thread: Ross out

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Hit the road, Jack
    And don't you come back
    No more, no more, no more, no more
    Hit the road, Jack
    And don't you come back no more

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sacking him at the moment doesn't seem like a possibility given our position and financial situation with Covid etc. But if he chose to walk away tonight I wouldn't be upset.

@hibs.net private member
    Go. 4th place is seen as some sort of great achievement, when it’s the absolute bare minimum.

If this club wants to get out of mediocrity, then it needs to think better. Jack Ross shouldn’t see Monday as Hibs manager.

Left by mutual consent!
    Can someone please add a poll?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We’re only 4th because Hearts aren’t here. And thank God they’re not or as no doubt they’d pump us. Even when we win it’s hardly inspiring stuff. He’s got to go.
    Hearts got relegated because they are dug *****. When was the last time they were near the top 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Thought you’d already had nothing more to add?
    nothin more about the game this is about the manager

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Listening to him now, he sounds close to tears.

I think he could be away tonight. He’s broken.
    Im close to tears watching this garbage.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not calling for him to go.

I wouldn't care less if he did though. There are other options out there who could do a comparable job to the one he has done.
    Thats exactly where I am. I think hes a bit of an imposter tbh after initially defending him I just cant be bothered wi Hibs the now and feel really apathetic watching them. Hes never really made an effort to connect wi the support imo and seems passionless and more worryingly competely inept at changing games that are going against us.Not to mention the number of big games he's failed to win at both Sunderland and Hibs

The players have to take a large share of the blame as well tho..they were completely without spine in that second half..a sorry and cowardly capitulation

First Team Breakthrough

Ross out

I’m not a ‘usual suspect’ as some are getting labelled for legitimately questioning Ross and his role in another embarrassing night for Hibs, but after a season of not being convinced with Ross, he has completely lost me tonight and I am now convinced that he can’t and won’t win the big games.

Yes, he wasn’t out there on the pitch and the players have to take a look at themselves too, but there’s no character, plan, shape or anyone taking responsibility. Where was the post-match apology to the fans who are paying hundreds or pounds to watch us get pumped on a wee screen in our living rooms?

And to those of you who say ‘but he’s taken us to semi-finals’, so f@@@in what? Two disappointments and nae finals where there should have been two if we had manned up and turned up.

Yet another crushing disappointment to add to the list and Ross has to carry the can for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hearts got relegated because they are dug *****. When was the last time they were near the top 4?
    Think he means we have more points than we would had Hearts been in the league which I think is spot on.

What has Jack Ross actually achieved after 14 months in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    We’re only 4th because Hearts aren’t here. And thank God they’re not or as no doubt they’d pump us. Even when we win it’s hardly inspiring stuff. He’s got to go.
    Nah, no having that.
    Hearts got relegated last season for being dug*****. How would they stop us getting 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Same applies with you tbf.

Sometimes wonder if you’re an employee of Hibs planted here to defend everything about Hibs. Never see you offer an objective opinion of Hibs that could ever be considered even slightly critical of Hibs, that’s not normal for a supporter.
    So you're only allowed to "support" Hibs if you criticise?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrow sorrow View Post
    Wake up ffs,the guys a loser.
    Do u actually think the players think he is a good manager?
    I know they don’t!!!!
    Prove it - what players don't think he's a good manager?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    Nah, no having that.
    Hearts got relegated last season for being dug*****. How would they stop us getting 4th?
    The last two games v Hearts?

Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    Nah, no having that.
    They also lost at home to Raith bloody Rovers today ffs

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Couldn’t give a **** if we finish 4th in the weakest league in history, he’s an absolute bottler. We will never beat the OF, Aberdeen or hearts (oooh 1 game) or games at Hampden
    What makes this this weakest league in history?

Surely when us, hearts and rangers were out of it made ut weaker?

Should Jack Ross be replaced

Just to settle things on hibs.net this is a wee poll to see if the manager should be replaced or should he stay.
    I am still in the dont know side but leaning to get Stubbsy back if only to give us a great lift to see us through to the end of this crap season, I say crap as it is not football without crowds really.
    Just seen a good suggestion on another thread, and have to agree. Scot Brown in as player manager, then you would get some fight in the few games he picked himself to play in.
    Last edited by A Hi-Bee; 23-01-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Genuinely think we will struggle to stay 4th. St Johnstone could’ve, if they kept going, scored more. They are in bottom half of table. Jack Ross keeps changing the team and the formation. To try to get back into game, he threw on Allan and Magennis (neither match fit). He started match with Irvine and Cadden (neither match fit). He plays Nisbet upfront on own or with Boyle (never a striker). He plays Murphy in hole rather than on wing. Tbh he looks like he is reaching and is out of his depth.
    Totally agree. He’s picked the wrong team and deployed the wrong shape in both semis. Playing Cadden today was the equivalent of playing McGennis in the Scottish semi. He’s assembled and imbalanced squad with 5000 midfielders, 2 strikers both of whom are currently out of form.

Not good enough.

GGTTH.

Left by mutual consent!
    Poor man's Alex Miller.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    He’s not a manager.
    I said the same about Heckingbottom from day 1.

I’m finding this one difficult though.

I thought JR was a great appointment and I generally like the way he comes across but the football this season has in the main been gash with results following suit now.

Not calling for his head yet but if he goes then so be it.

I’m more interested to see how Ron Gordon reacts and I expect to see a big clear out of ‘old favourites’ in the summer.

@hibs.net private member
    Shoogly peg for me. If he finishes 4th or better then he has to be given next year but I haven't been overly impressed since he joined and he is getting worse not better. I didn't think I would see a manager worse than Lennon for making substitutes but Ross has that title now. He consistently makes us a good deal worse when he makes substitutions but tonight was on a new level. His big problem is that he is being labelled as a bottler for big games and a manager who plays poor football. Both those tags are pretty well deserved unfortunately and they are difficult to shake off. He is lucky that the terrible results in semis are not being played out in front of 10s of thousands of Hibs fans who have paid a good few quid to travel to Hampden. He reminds me of Fenlon who also did OK but suffered catastrophic big game defeats which made it impossible to win fans back. Tonight's performance was just as bad as Fenlon's two shocking results as it came against a very poor St Johnstone team.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Cup football is all about will to win, passion, strong mentality and tactical nous where needed.

Over 2 semi finals against Hearts and St Johnstone, we have had none of these 4 things. The fact that we have far better players on paper than those 2 teams was therefore meaningless.

Significant fails by the Manager which he will probably struggle to recover from.

What's this 'usual suspect' patter? Are people not allowed to have different opinions?

My personal opinion is that Ross hasn't been here even remotely long enough to make a judgement call on his abilities. I think two semi finals and fourth place in January is very reasonable. And I think some of the posters on this thread need to simmer down, and remember to be polite to other posters with different thoughts, regardless of how pissed off you are.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Cup football is all about will to win, passion, strong mentality and tactical nous where needed.

Over 2 semi finals against Hearts and St Johnstone, we have had none of these 4 things. The fact that we have far better players on paper than those 2 teams was therefore meaningless.

A significant fail by the Manager and one he will probably struggle to recover from.
    It's definately something to beat him with

It would be fascinating to see how Ron Gordon plays it if he moves him on

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I’d go for Lennon before Stubbs

Should have went after hearts game

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    there’s already threads like this. You should have added a poll
    started one now to see what a small section of the Hibs support think about our manager going or staying or whatever.

@hibs.net private member
    Sick of hearing about best points total outside old firm blah blah blah, we’ll have a far greater budget than every other team other than Aberdeen so it’s hardly a great reflection on him. What I do know is that his teams have sxxx it when it really matters too often for my liking.

Absolutely pumped by St Johnstone, Livingston and Ross County in the last month alone.

The levels of desire in those games were similar to the dark days of Calderwood/Fenlon/Butcher era, and that tonight is one of the worst Hampden horror shows yet.

I don't think he's Hibs manager material (never have done), but the players aren't absolved from their responsibility either.

Time to stop the sentimental ***** with players who aren't up to the standard required anymore also.

Stubbs back lol. Think I'll log off this site for a while.