hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PPV Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs may well have offered Dundee a lump sum on this basis, maybe based on something like 50% of ST holders tuning in.
    Which would have been quite a bit more than they’ll see from half the PPV money we’ll take for this one. And it would have been coming out of our own pocket.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Which would have been quite a bit more than they’ll see from half the PPV money we’ll take for this one. And it would have been coming out of our own pocket.
    Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I’m not sure why it’s disappointing but I’ve paid close to £1000 for ST this year and they want even more from me to watch a game on the telly. It’s not only football clubs that are struggling at the moment.
    I don’t want to labour the point but you seem to be suggesting that because you’ve paid a lot for STs that that should entitle you to a freebie cup ticket. It doesn’t work that way in normal times and it certainly shouldn’t now. I think the fact games are on the telly rather than in the flesh is a moot point here. Then there’s the “gate” cash split conundrum to consider as others have mentioned. Many businesses are adapting to try and stay afloat during this crisis. I don’t think freebies form part of that strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I don’t want to labour the point but you seem to be suggesting that because you’ve paid a lot for STs that that should entitle you to a freebie cup ticket. It doesn’t work that way in normal times and it certainly shouldn’t now. I think the fact games are on the telly rather than in the flesh is a moot point here. Then there’s the “gate” cash split conundrum to consider as others have mentioned. Many businesses are adapting to try and stay afloat during this crisis. I don’t think freebies form part of that strategy.
    I’m not really bothered myself, I paid for my season and wouldn’t expect or demand any refunds, however STH’s have paid for a normal season ticket, well over the odds compared to what we are receiving. I’m not sure you can compare that to any other business. If I’d spent money on a golf membership but wasn’t actually allowed to attend the golf course but instead got to play a computer game, I’d definitely be expecting a refund or some form of freebies.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I’m not really bothered myself, I paid for my season and wouldn’t expect or demand any refunds, however STH’s have paid for a normal season ticket, well over the odds compared to what we are receiving. I’m not sure you can compare that to any other business. If I’d spent money on a golf membership but wasn’t actually allowed to attend the golf course but instead got to play a computer game, I’d definitely be expecting a refund or some form of freebies.
    We’re still getting to see real football though - albeit through a different medium. I don’t think you can compare that to simulated computer games. In saying that, surely if you’re golf club provided you with a good quality simulator that would be decent. Its not like we are getting no football at all.

We’re still getting to see real football though - albeit through a different medium. I don’t think you can compare that to simulated computer games. In saying that, surely if you’re golf club provided you with a good quality simulator that would be decent. Its not like we are getting no football at all.
    It’s still a totally different product than we purchased at a far higher price than it would be if marketed on its own though (hence the PPV price being far lower).

The simulator would be decent, but it wouldn’t be worth the £700 membership that I’d paid with no competitions, no fresh air, no social side. It would be a substitute but one worth a much lower amount than what I’d paid.

My emotional attachment and the fact I can afford it means I’m not bothered as much about the Hibs situ, same as my argument when limited fans are allowed in, I’d rather stay at home if it meant not costing hibs money. I can see why others would expect better value for their money, taking refunds, itching to get into a game with 300 others etc.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Time does coverage start ?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg

PPV Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    We don’t get any games now mate. Paying close to £400 to watch on the telly but they don’t chuck in a cup match seems a bit tight. And those with more than 1 ST in the house don’t get anything in return for their extra money.
    I’ve not been on here much this week so just came home to watch the game and found I’m not getting to see it without paying.

As someone who’s already bought three season tickets and not been to a game I’m not willing to spend anymore but can understand the reasons for it.

I’m starting to wish I’d just renewed one of the kids tickets and then used PPV when it’s the only option, Hibs would still have got my cash but I’d have seen more games.
    Last edited by hibee; 28-11-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Time does coverage start ?
    Normally about 30 minutes before kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

@hibs.net private member
    It’s not normal times.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    I’ve not been on here much this week so just came home to watch the game and found I’m not getting to see it without paying.

As someone who’s already bought three season tickets and not been to a game I’m not willing to spend anymore but can understand the reasons for it.

I’m starting to wish I’d just renewed one of the kids tickets and then used PPV when it’s the only option, Hibs would still have got my cash but I’d have seen more games.
    Same - I actually added an additional adult on to my renewal. 😩

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar

Nothing happening so far.....

Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    Nor me

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    Not sure there is the normal build up. Might just be before kick off.

Hibs were clear in their announcement on the official site that there was no pre match programme today, so I doubt there'll be anything much before 5 minutes before KO.

Hibs were clear in their announcement on the official site that there was no pre match programme today, so I doubt there'll be anything much before 5 minutes before KO.

Thanks , missed that

Strange no usual setup today.

Strange no usual setup today.
    Not really.

As it’s not a Premiership home game, we won’t have our usual studio production, so Hibernian supporters shouldn’t look to log in via HibsPass.
    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/articl...-view-coverage

First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar
    Thank you
    GGTTH

PPV Tomorrow

Purchased a pass for the game, money taken from my account and it’s coming up that I have not purchased a pass for this game?
    Not content with taking my money for games I can’t go to, they are now charging me for games I can’t watch on tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't say it wasn't announced in advance, just that I thought it was strange.

I’m talking about included with the ST. I also have more than one ST in
    my house that I pay full adult price for. I don’t think there are many clubs in Scotland that can afford to give away freebies with no money coming in through the gate. Don’t think there’s any tightness about it and its disappointing you feel that way.
    Not everybody can afford to fork out for games on top of paying for a season ticket, maybe you can, good luck to you.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Cutting it fine aren’t they?

Just started

I didn't say it wasn't announced in advance, just that I thought it was strange.
    Only thing i can think of is the tv companies have not allowed it?
    Cougars!!!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Scratch that!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Cutting it fine aren’t they?
    We're off.

ON Hibs TV bang on KO time isn't unusual, given that matches normally start a minute or two late.