hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We lack the quality players that bigger money would allow us to go for, we can laugh all we want at the manky neighbors (**** the hertz) but the higher financial level they can operate at is starting to show its ugly face. Money means quality we lack both.
    Hearts don't have better players than us.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Hearts don't have better players than us.
    I said that they can now operate at a higher financial level than we can right now, our league position is just all down to bad luck is it? or is it just a poor manager.......

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    I think we did once in the early 70s and that would be it.
    But if Jack does it and wins a Cup then the experts on here want him sacked?

This place is bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    But if Jack does it and wins a Cup then the experts on here want him sacked?

This place is bonkers.
    No incorrect, not bonkers at all, just irrational, hysterical along with a fair old mix of shiete stirrers who may or not support Hibs, perfect for a football forum.

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t know any Sunderland fans so I don’t think
    I’m able to comment on this.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    I said that they can now operate at a higher financial level than we can right now, our league position is just all down to bad luck is it? or is it just a poor manager.......
    It's not all down to bad luck, but a lot of it us. A covid outbreak and serious injuries aren't bad management.

It's easy to say why can't we reproduce the spirit that beat Rangers in the semi - harder to do on a dreich afternoon at Easter Road. It shouldn't be.

Ross obviously finds it hard to fire up his team at home.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's not all down to bad luck, but a lot of it us. A covid outbreak and serious injuries aren't bad management.
    You (along with others) have put up a stout defence of JR and the team.

I’m wondering when is the tipping point for the guys who want the manager to stay? If we get to January and are still struggling? If we lost cup final? Is it now a game by game situation?

I hope we do go on a run but for JR’s own situation, it needs to start soon.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post

I’m wondering when is the tipping point for the guys who want the manager to stay? If we get to January and are still struggling? If we lost cup final? Is it now a game by game situation?

For me if the performances drop to the stage we are being beaten regularly by teams we should be winning against whilst not creating chances. When I say regularly it would need to over s sustained period. Form even for the best teams dip. The really good teams have enough quality to cope and usually grind out daws or even wins. We aren’t a really good team. We don’t have the resources. It’s a fine line some games but other than Dundee Utd at ER and Aberdeen away we gave had decent spells in most games if not long enough or sustained enough. Ross deserves a window or three yet before we should be remotely thinking about replacing him if there isn’t sustained performances and results. Him and the team deserve much more support than we are currently giving them.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    It's easy to say why can't we reproduce the spirit that beat Rangers in the semi - harder to do on a dreich afternoon at Easter Road. It shouldn't be.

I think it’s the fact they are not a team, there’s individual effort but it takes a full cohesive team to consistently perform well. The question on the motivational powers of Ross is really a moot point, as i think the root cause is a poor team unit, we clearly can’t control games. They need to focus on the basics of a team and not just trying to be up for it. Too often passes are astray, slow to a stationary target, there’s little movement and that easy to defend against. We don’t retain the ball as our efforts are from crosses or individual effort that all too often gives the ball away. Because of this we are easy to score against and give the ball up often

I'd like to know what it would take for folk to fully support him. Because it's never happened from day 1.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    For me if the performances drop to the stage we are being beaten regularly by teams we should be winning against whilst not creating chances. When I say regularly it would need to over s sustained period. Form even for the best teams dip. The really good teams have enough quality to cope and usually grind out daws or even wins. We aren’t a really good team. We don’t have the resources. It’s a fine line some games but other than Dundee Utd at ER and Aberdeen away we gave had decent spells in most games if not long enough or sustained enough. Ross deserves a window or three yet before we should be remotely thinking about replacing him if there isn’t sustained performances and results. Him and the team deserve much more support than we are currently giving them.
    My immediate worry is we have had a run of poor losing performances, then a few good performances without getting the win. You could stumble in to relegation form when you are playing well but not winning.

i think with the ****bos doing well, it also puts additional pressure on the club and magnifies our own inadequacies.

These things can change quickly. We really need a win on Wednesday night.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I'd like to know what it would take for folk to fully support him. Because it's never happened from day 1.

Winning games and not losing to teams like Ross County and Dundee Utd without as much as whimper would be a start.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Winning games and not losing to teams like Ross County and Dundee Utd without as much as whimper would be a start.
    He's beat Dundee United 4 times, including a cup semi and quarter final. Lost 1.

Poor record vs county, that's for sure.

So basically you're just upset with his recent bad run, which is fine. I am too. But your man Doidge securing 3rd for us last season surely outweighs a poor 7 game run?

Left by mutual consent!
    i am reading this as you will 100% back him whatever he does.

I doubt any Hibs manager has ever had the full support of the fans. it’s just human nature. I remember when Miller was appointed and the fans were up in arms because he was a Hun.

I think JR probably still has the backing of the majority of fans. That will evaporate quickly tho if form does not pick up before the winter break. He needs to convince people he has the ability to turn this retched form around.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

I think people were generally all behind him at the start - after the 3-1 defeat to Stendel's shambolic Hearts team I would agree with you that he hasn't had everyone on side.

The derby on Jan 3rd is huge for him in terms of fan support.

His record so far is: played 4, won 1, drew 1, lost 2. If he loses that I think he would have a really difficult time recovering ( unless we win the cup).
    Last edited by LaMotta; 05-12-2021 at 06:19 PM.

i am reading this as you will 100% back him whatever he does.

I doubt any Hibs manager has ever had the full support of the fans. it’s just human nature. I remember when Miller was appointed and the fans were up in arms because he was a Hun.

I think JR probably still has the backing of the majority of fans. That will evaporate quickly tho if form does not pick up before the winter break. He needs to convince people he has the ability to turn this retched form around.
    No idea why you're reading it that way, because that's obviously not the case. I've already said that's not the case.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    We’ve lost to teams like that (and worse) every year I can remember, under every manager.

Mowbrays team in his first season was pumped 3-0 off of Livi (at home!) and Inverness. Lost home and away to Killie. Second season beat 4-0, 4-0 and 4-1 by Hearts, lost at home to Inverness (twice!), pumped by Dunfermline in cup, lost at home to Falkirk.

Under Stubbs in his first season we lose at home to Falkirk three times, lost to Alloa, QotS twice, Raith. Second season, lost to Dumbarton, pumped at home by Morton, beat by Dumbarton, QotS, Raith, Alloa.

They were our good managers!

If you’re not going to be happy until we have a gaffer who makes sure we don’t lose to the “smaller” teams, then you’re never ever going to be happy.

The issues of why we weren’t doing that well and had gone into a losing streak, were well rehearsed at the time and widely accepted by the majority on here
    Yes Doidge is now back but in reality it will take weeks snd more game time just to get him match fit
    Murphy will need to be eased back in so he gets stronger and match fit
    Mcgennis we won’t see back this year
    None of the fringe players ( Campbell excepted ) have managed to stake a first team place
    So three games a week was always going to be difficult to navigate
    In reality we aren’t playing as badly as we did in a couple of the early games that started the poor run of form
    But the frustration clearly felt by a lot of fans is that in itself isn’t leading to us returning to winning ways
    With a fit on form Doidge and Mcgennis and and a few new players being brought in that can improve the team there is a hope we will then start to win games again
    But the new backroom staff tasked with recruitment have yet to prove thier worth
    If McGennis injury is not healing do we need a short term replacement for him ?
    If Hanlon or Porto go out with an injury for a few weeks at present we are in trouble
    Some say Ross is too risk averse Yet we wee were comfortably in third place a few months back
    His record of getting us to Hampden is good but to finally win a Cup we need our best team on form He is going to be deprived of that for Celtic game
    So unless Ron Gordon is so Ambitious he has a better manager in mind that he can throw money at Ross will be given the next window to see if he can get us back up the league and how new players settle in and make an impact
    In the meantime it’s a case of trying not to loose games snd find a way to win a few
    For me that’s where we are at
    Am not happy about it , but I understand why it’s happened and can see a way forward
    The one thing that could change that is if we go on another five game losing streak ,but am not expecting that to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    We’ve lost to teams like that (and worse) every year I can remember, under every manager.

Mowbrays team in his first season was pumped 3-0 off of Livi (at home!) and Inverness. Lost home and away to Killie. Second season beat 4-0, 4-0 and 4-1 by Hearts, lost at home to Inverness (twice!), pumped by Dunfermline in cup, lost at home to Falkirk.

Under Stubbs in his first season we lose at home to Falkirk three times, lost to Alloa, QotS twice, Raith. Second season, lost to Dumbarton, pumped at home by Morton, beat by Dumbarton, QotS, Raith, Alloa.

They were our good managers!

If you’re not going to be happy until we have a gaffer who makes sure we don’t lose to the “smaller” teams, then you’re never ever going to be happy.
    Yep.. Utter bloody fantasy stuff for Hibs to never have a bad day.

@hibs.net private member
    The good thing is that he isn’t getting sacked anytime soon. A couple of wins and we can all pull together behind the team - at the end of the day, it’s what we are here for, to support.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    For me, a different style of football. One that doesn’t involve playing both JDH and Newell closer to our own goal than the oppositions goal whether we’re playing Ross County or Rangers. Start games with a much higher tempo and intensity. More consistent performances. We can go from awful to great from game to game and even half to half. Less reliance on either Nisbet, Doidge or particularly Boyle for all our goals. We have 2 or 3 players that we rely on for goals and that’s about it as far as the whole squad is concerned, rarely does anyone else chip in. Change all/some of that, alongside generally good results and signings and I’ll begin to connect with Ross and this team.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by big gogs View Post
    Who do you bring in.
    I don’t know.

Tommy Wright left St Johnstone and nobody rated Davidson. Look where he got.

There’ll be plenty guys out there hungry for success like Tam Courts at United.

As Hibs fans we tread a fine line between success (points) and seeking attractive football. What this period has shown me is I enjoy the latter, win or lose. This brand of football is horrific.

Perhaps what fold are struggling with here is that we are on this slump with a good bunch of players. We should be doing better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

It's hard to know where to even start with a comment like that. Is reality just non existent in your world?

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Hopefully Jack Ross is given a decent wedge in January to bring in a couple of good signings.. To be fair , the club made an arse of the last transfer window.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Hopefully Jack Ross is given a decent wedge in January to bring in a couple of good signings.. To be fair , the club made an arse of the last transfer window.
    I think this is an absolute stick on.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I think this is an absolute stick on.
    Fingers crossed.. Ideally we bring some quality in and get shot of a few squad players, drey wright and gogic spring to mind to get the ball rolling and also the early termination of that james scotts loan deal
    Last edited by Leith Green; 05-12-2021 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post

Ross shouldn't have to fire up the players at home. If the players can't get up for a home game themselves they shouldn't be playing football.