hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 599 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 994995495895975985996006016096496991099 ... LastLast
Results 17,941 to 17,970 of 44390
    Statement from Green. Seems that even SevCo don't want to challenge it despite the apparent wishes of the SFA/SPL.

"I fully accept the decision of the SFL today and thank them for allowing us into the SFL.

"Clearly, starting again from the bottom league is not ideal and makes the task of rebuilding Rangers a longer one but the SFL was placed in an impossible situation and I respect its decision.

"I fully supported the fans views that starting again in Division 3 maintains the sporting integrity that the SPL clubs were so keen on.

"The SPL clubs and the SFA have made their positions clear over the last few weeks and it remains to be seen what the long-term effects of their decisions will be.

"Rangers has been severely punished for the actions of some individuals who previously ran the club and it will take time for us to recover but we will come back stronger thanks to the loyalty of the fans and the commitment of everyone at Ibrox who are working tirelessly to bring stability and success back to Rangers.

"I will be carefully monitoring events and reactions over the new few days and will be making further comments probably early next week."

"We have been greatly encouraged by the number of supporters who have committed to buying season tickets no matter where we ended up playing and I personally want to thank them for their continued loyalty to the club.

"We are a football club and we just want to get back to playing football. Now is the time to move on and start afresh."

"Our task to rebuild the club will take longer now but we are committed to the job and fully believe we will bring success back to Rangers. "

2. Log in to remove the advert

The First Division clubs now have to stand shoulder to shoulder to ensure this SPL2 contingency plan is sunk without trace. The vote has taken place and Scottish Football should now move forward - and that includes newhun in SFL 3. Doncaster and Regan need punted pronto. This whole sorry saga has been an embarrassment.

Statement from Sally as well. The bottom line to me suggests that he might do walking away after all.

"I fully accept the decision of the SFL today and thank them for allowing us into the SFL.

"Clearly, starting again from the bottom league is not ideal and makes the task of rebuilding Rangers a longer one but the SFL was placed in an impossible situation and I respect its decision.

"I fully supported the fans views that starting again in Division 3 maintains the sporting integrity that the SPL clubs were so keen on.

"The SPL clubs and the SFA have made their positions clear over the last few weeks and it remains to be seen what the long-term effects of their decisions will be.

"Rangers has been severely punished for the actions of some individuals who previously ran the club and it will take time for us to recover but we will come back stronger thanks to the loyalty of the fans and the commitment of everyone at Ibrox who are working tirelessly to bring stability and success back to Rangers.

"I will be carefully monitoring events and reactions over the new few days and will be making further comments probably early next week."

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Statements from Charles Green and Ally McCoist:

Quote Originally Posted by Ally McCoist
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "I fully accept the decision of the SFL today and thank them for allowing us into the SFL."Clearly, starting again from the bottom league is not ideal and makes the task of rebuilding Rangers a longer one but the SFL was placed in an impossible situation and I respect its decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Green
    "We are grateful to be accepted as members of the SFL and accept their decision to vote us into Division 3."It is a matter of regret for all of us involved with Rangers that the issues surrounding the club resulted in the SFL and its members being placed in a very difficult position not of their own making.
    "From the outset, we made clear we would play where we were told to play and we just want to get back to playing football.
    "This decision maintains the sporting integrity that clubs and fans across Scotland have been calling for but it also impacts massively on Scottish football as a whole and only time will tell what the consequences will be.
    "Rangers has been handed the ultimate punishment of starting again from the bottom of the leagues but there is an overwhelming feeling among fans and within the club of 'wiping the slate clean' as a club free of sanctions.
    "The people who brought shame on this great club are no longer part of it and everyone at Rangers is focused on rebuilding the club on top of a solid financial foundation.
    "We wish to play a constructive part in Division 3 and encourage our fans to support the other clubs within the league by attending matches and delivering to them the benefits of having Rangers within their league. "

"We have been greatly encouraged by the number of supporters who have committed to buying season tickets no matter where we ended up playing and I personally want to thank them for their continued loyalty to the club.
    "We are a football club and we just want to get back to playing football. Now is the time to move on and start afresh."
    "Our task to rebuild the club will take longer now but we are committed to the job and fully believe we will bring success back to Rangers. "
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Stenny voted to put them into 3rd.

My link
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 13-07-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    That won't happen. Rangers will start in SFL3. Regan and Doncaster are now effectively powerless and anything said about SPL2 etc is merely a losers wish list.

I'd say you're right. My understanding is that the SPL clubs made their decision at their meeting - no Newco in the SPL. This decision says Newco are OK to strat in SFL3. There ARE matters relating to League organisation - share of the money (what's left of it, which won't be very much), voting procedures, League structure, but there's no chance of those being settled or any way approaching settled on Monday. There are also matters of breaches of rules - EBTs etc - still before the SFA. They still have to be dealt with too.

But with the amount of gossip, speculation and deliberate misinformation flying around, who can tell?

The SFA have to transfer the real Hun's license over to Zombiehun now. So what about the fines? What about the overturned transfer embargo maybe now becoming suspension? What about the dual contract investigation?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post
    alex thomson ‏@alextomo WARNING. Club chairman "Everyone in that room heard that Stewart Regan informed Charles Green that there's no way "Rangers" will be in D3 .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Hibby View Post
    Confirmed - alex thomson ‏@alextomoThat's what really went on. Ignore any guff about "Rangers" definitely heading for D3. This fight has only just started.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Hibby View Post
    Not out of the woods yet according to Tomo

alex thomson ‏@alextomo
    ‪#c4news‬ tonight the fight intensifies: Scottish FA pledged to over-rule fanpower and their own clubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Just on SSN - The SPL AGM on Monday expected to consider setting up the SPL2 or even reversing their earlier decision and inviting NewCo back into the SPL. We'll soon see how much "integrity" the SPL Chairmen really have.
    I hope Hibs are aware of the consequences if the SPL/SFA go ahead and try to stop this happening.

Left by mutual consent!
    Seeing as it is Zombiehun I find this music sums up Rangers and all the events of late:

Tune for Rangers to run out to next season

Left by mutual consent!
    Doncaster and Regan have not come out of this at all well and now seem like two staw clutching desperados.

Surely they will resign or be punted as how can they continue heading up two major Scottish sporting organisations whose members clearly strongly disagree with their own stances and viewpoints.

They have come out of this really badly. So has whoever cuts Doncaster's hair.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post
    The SFA have to transfer the real Hun's license over to Zombiehun now. So what about the fines? What about the overturned transfer embargo maybe now becoming suspension? What about the dual contract investigation?
    I'd say those things can't stick to the newco now as they are a new club, but they should also accept that they have no history or titles.

The investigations should go on and titles should be taken for the old Rangers if that is appropriate.

Coaching Staff
    Any particular reason why Dundee or Dunferlime didn't get an invite following the SPL vote last week?

What possible implications would this vote have had on it?

Unless the SPL really are considering a re-think on Rangers?

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    The First Division clubs now have to stand shoulder to shoulder to ensure this SPL2 contingency plan is sunk without trace. The vote has taken place and Scottish Football should now move forward - and that includes newhun in SFL 3. Doncaster and Regan need punted pronto. This whole sorry saga has been an embarrassment.
    The SPL Clubs voted overwhelmingly to deny "I can't believe it's not Rangers" a place in the SPL by 10 votes to 1.

The SFL Clubs voted almost as emphatically to deny 'Rangers' a place in Division One by 25 votes to 3(?).

'Rangers' were accepted as an Associate Member of the SFL by 29 votes to 1 subject to a SFA licence.

The fans of all clubs in the SPL and the SFL including 'Rangers' appear to think this is the right thing to do.

Charles Green and Ally McCoist appear to accept Division 3.

The only two dissenters appear to be Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan along with the 'monkeys' in the Scottish media.

Doncaster and Regan should pipe down or resign forthwith. Correction they should resign full stop.

The SFL season starts two weeks tomorrow and the SPL three weeks tomorrow. Time to get on with things.

Let's put this SPL 2 junk and Zombie hun invite to bed right now. Petrie and every SPL chairman, including the 25 in the SFL, who said no to Sevco, should be releasing statements refuting this latest scam to parachute in the zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I'd say those things can't stick to the newco now as they are a new club, but they should also accept that they have no history or titles.

The investigations should go on and titles should be taken for the old Rangers if that is appropriate.
    Totally agree. However, as long as Regan and Doncaster are around, who knows what they will try next.

I've never come across more blatantly dishonest and biased officialdom than Regan and Doncaster. The brazen cheek of these buffoons is distressing. Scotland and grass roots Scottish football people need to stand up to these two artful dodgers. We need to get rid of them both. Scottish football fans have spoken. Scottish football clubs have spoken. They want rid of the pestilence that is Rangers (or whatever you want to call the cheating bigots) for as long as possible, regardless of financial sacrifice. Many want rid of them completely. Regan and Doncaster gtf!

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    Let's put this SPL 2 junk and Zombie hun invite to bed right now. Petrie and every SPL chairman, including the 25 in the SFL, who said no to Sevco, should be releasing statements refuting this latest scam to parachute in the zombies.

Agree, let us all sleep easy.

Inverness to hold emergency board meeting over weekend. Hope this is not the start of clubs backtracking to let them in spl

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    Absolutely!

No more attempted manipulation from the powers that be - Huns start again in division 3, get over it.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Statement from Green. Seems that even SevCo don't want to challenge it despite the apparent wishes of the SFA/SPL.

So what's Doncaster and Reagan moaning about, these two men should be removed from there position in Scottish Football ASAP.

The two of them should just shut there bleeping mouths and accept today's outcome and everyone is happy.

...apologies for dragging the subject back a few hundred or so posts...but for all of the fighting talk "...we'll be back stronger than ever...ya-de-ya..", surely even if Newco were to escape further sanctions/ unraveling of plans by the SFA, the 'liquifier' etc, (a big ask) the business just doesn't stack up outwith the SPL and Europe, TV monies etc. The stadium and infrastructure costs, including wages etc (even allowing for a mass offloading of 'talent') would cripple any of that scale club relying on ST and merchandise revenues alone (even if - big if - they remained at a present level). It just cannot wash itself financially!

...they're doomed, doomed Captain Mainwearing.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    So what's Doncaster and Reagan moaning about, these two men should be removed from there position in Scottish Football ASAP.

The two of them should just shut there bleeping mouths and accept today's outcome and everyone is happy.
    They are still at it because there are pretty real financial consequnces for the other clubs and they are still trying to minimise it.

However, the clubs have surely all spoken on this one and accepted it.

I'd be interested to know if they are speaking alone or if they are just doing what their member clubs are asking them to do?

@hibs.net private member ginger_rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalkeith View Post
    Inverness to hold emergency board meeting over weekend. Hope this is not the start of clubs backtracking to let them in spl
    Or hopefully to demand Donkey and Raygun resign?
    "Football should always be played beautifully, you should play in an attacking way, it must be a spectacle". Johan Cruyff.

Those 2 muppets should be putting efforts into getting as good a tv deal as possible instead of pining for SPL 2

Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    OnlyAnExcuse@OnlyAnExcuseAirdrie Utd and Stranraer fans will be happy, they've both been promoted to the 1st and 2nd division respectively.

STV News@STVNewsFrom @STVGrant: Newco Rangers will take up Stranraer FC's fixtures in Third Division this year
    Jim traitor should be happy then, him being an Airdrie fan.I right

Bit lop sided is it not, av attendances of Div 3 clubs

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Those 2 muppets should be putting efforts into getting as good a tv deal as possible instead of pining for SPL 2
    They won't.

After all their BS about scottish football doomsday, they won't want to be proven wrong yet again, so will do nothing to try and strengthen the game.

Thats the type of sick people we have at the top.

Will Rangers v Queens Park be the new Old Firm?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    They are still at it because there are pretty real financial consequnces for the other clubs and they are still trying to minimise it.

However, the clubs have surely all spoken on this one and accepted it.

I'd be interested to know if they are speaking alone or if they are just doing what their member clubs are asking them to do?
    Evening News called me for a quote, and I said I was in two minds over the decision.

On one hand I am delighted that fairness and integrity has been maintained, but on the other hand I am worried of the financial ramifications on Hibs over TV rights etc.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Whenever it is it will be too soon. If only we could bun their ugly twin as well.