hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nick Walsh

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No he wasn't
    You have your opinion and I have mine. I think he was brutal and affected the game by making poor decisions mostly against Hibs

2. Log in to remove the advert

Glad to hear Richard Gordon calling out Lustig on the radio on my way home.He thought it was a dreadful bit of play acting.

Left by mutual consent!
    It was a fiercely contested game. Yet they get shree fouls against them the whole game and no booking for a blatant dive? The actual state of a couple of them faking injury too as embarrassing as their songs. What a riddy.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Glad to hear Richard Gordon calling out Lustig on the radio on my way home.He thought it was a dreadful bit of play acting.
    I think that’s because he hates Lennon because he’s ginger.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    And Scott McDonald saying it's now part of the game. How can they have a pundit who's still playing saying that cheating is acceptable? He's surely got to be bringing the game into disrepute.

I normally try and stay away from commenting on refs, but I have to say I thought he was shockingly inconsistent today.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    He looked like he wanted to hook McNulty square in the jaw when he was down injured at the end. He was trying to force him off the pitch whilst the physio was still working on him. Unprofessional, incompetent snake.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Very poor , worst I’ve seen in a while and that’s saying something

Coaching Staff
    I thought he was influenced in a couple of decisions by outside factors...not sure whether it was the Sellick support baying for blood, or a few words in his earpiece by the fourth official or whomever is on the other end, but a couple of his bookings did seem to have a few seconds delay.

Was there not a blatant pass back that wasn't given second half?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    What about HIBS gave the ball back to Celtic second half after they put the ball out of play being sporting after a HIBS injury HIBS player boots it to Bain who makes a mess of the passback and knocks it out for a cornerkick Ref tells him to take a goal kick instead

Rules are rules?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    What about HIBS gave the ball back to Celtic second half after they put the ball out of play being sporting after a HIBS injury HIBS player boots it to Bain who makes a mess of the passback and knocks it out for a cornerkick Ref tells him to take a goal kick instead

Rules are rules?

Exactly. Bain made an arse of it yet somehow got to take a goal kick, best of it is no one will even mention it. Reminded me of my game yesterday. I play in goals and got clattered, ref refused to stop it til I put the ball out (nearest place was bye line), got treatment (after being told to get up), ref drops it in 6 yard box and tells player to put it out for a goal kick. I stopped it from going out, picked it up and got booked for dissent 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Did Hibs not get one freekick after 5 mins at Celtic Park last season
    It was this season, Don Robertson with the whistle that day. 2 free kicks in the first fourteen minutes and not a single one for the rest of the game. Celtic, by contrast, were awarded 18 free kicks.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    It was this season, Don Robertson with the whistle that day. 2 free kicks in the first fourteen minutes and not a single one for the rest of the game. Celtic, by contrast, were awarded 18 free kicks.
    By the laws of averages and probability should never happen mathematically unless of course there is bias involved.... 80 minutes without a free kick awarded to HIBS

@hibs.net private member
    One goal kick at least taken with opposing players in the box. He was very inconsistent today and the Mallan booking was very poor at least watching it live

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    By the laws of averages and probability should never happen mathematically unless of course there is bias involved.... 80 minutes without a free kick awarded to HIBS
    I'm just waiting for the two games in a single season where Celtic are only given two and three free kicks over 180 minutes against us. Sure it'll be due any day now.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    That’s how I saw it too. Mallan had to make the challenge but his stud were up. The ref had to make a decision. I think a booking was correct as he wasn’t really in control even tho he got the ball. Lustig was pathetic as were the other players asking for a red.
    From where I saw it - it was Mallan's ball all day long. He got there first and won the ball as you would expect. Lustig comes flying in and collides and somehow the ref sees this as a foul for Celtic and a card for Mallan - mystifying!

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Same with corner kicks don't think I seen one of celtic taken from within the arc as per rules.

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Same with corner kicks don't think I seen one of celtic taken from within the arc as per rules.
    It doesn't need to be taken within the arc. Part of the ball needs to be touching part of the arc. That's all.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Brown slaps Omeonga with his arm, both players get spoken to by ref.

Celtc get a free-kick for a handball that never was. Ref ignores handball by Celtc player.

Ref gives a grand total of two fouls and no yellow cards against Celtc but gives a booking for every second foul committed by Hibs.

Celtc players have at least three blatant dives, two of them in the box, but not one of them is even warned, never mind booked.

The ref had a good game? Seriously?
    Pretty much my take on it also. Thought he was awful, Hayes dive early doors was a joke not to be punished and they knew every little foul was going their way. May as well have given Scott Brown the whistle.

Mallans booking was wrong imo. He won the ball. Other than that its around 50/50. Mallan got booked for winning the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Looked like any other member of the Celtic squad - we get 5 yellow cards out of 11 fouls !?!?
    whilst I agree with the sentiment and think the ref was poor, hanlon and stevensons yellows were beyond dispute. omeyonga was probably a yellow too. mallons was a joke as the ref bought lustig and the benches reaction. kamberi was just daft to get his.

not really too much to argue about. they got away with murder however.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Mallans booking was wrong imo. He won the ball. Other than that its around 50/50. Mallan got booked for winning the ball.
    Waxy, how long have you been watching football?

It's been years since the "he won the ball first" argument was acceptable.

If it's deemed to have been done in a dangerous or reckless manner then it's a foul and most likely a card.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

If it's deemed to have been done in a dangerous or reckless manner then it's a foul and most likely a card.
    It wasn’t dangerous or reckless for me. He won the ball first and Lustig came in late from what I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It wasn’t dangerous or reckless for me. He won the ball first and Lustig came in late from what I can remember.
    Completely. It was a player feigning injury and a manger who can't control himself that got Mallan booked.
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 22-04-2019 at 07:38 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Mallan won the ball and THEN Lustig collided with Mallan - I reckon booking should have gone the other way as it was pretty obvious Mallan was getting there first. As it occurred right in front of Lennon his reaction influenced the decision IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

I have to disagree.Lustig was late in the challenge. Unlucky for him he came off worse.Dont think Mallan won the ball in an unacceptable way.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Completely. It was a player feigning injury and a manger who can't control himself that got Mallan booked.
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    Mallan won the ball and THEN Lustig collided with Mallan - I reckon booking should have gone the other way as it was pretty obvious Mallan was getting there first. As it occurred right in front of Lennon his reaction influenced the decision IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    I have to disagree.Lustig was late in the challenge. Unlucky for him he came off worse.Dont think Mallan won the ball in an unacceptable way.
    The TV replays confirm what all five of us saw live.

The sequence of events was Mallan to ball, Lustig to Mallan, Lustig to cheat, Walsh to pocket and Oscar to Lustig. With an honourable mention for the healing properties of the yellow card.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The TV replays confirm what all five of us saw live.

The sequence of events was Mallan to ball, Lustig to Mallan, Lustig to cheat, Walsh to pocket and Oscar to Lustig. With an honourable mention for the healing properties of the yellow card.
    Followed up by it being airbrushed out of existence by not being shown on BBC Sportscene.

Or any time spent reviewing Hayes dive early doors, Brown's pathetic attempt to win a penalty or Sinclair's collapse in the box late on.

All on the same show that has seen fit to highlight other players misdemeanours and openly suggest the Compliance Officer might want to take a look.

How strange.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    And Scott McDonald saying it's now part of the game. How can they have a pundit who's still playing saying that cheating is acceptable? He's surely got to be bringing the game into disrepute.
    He didn’t say it was right, just that it’s part of the game. Unfortunately it is, just like “there was contact so I’m entitled to go down” is part of the game.