hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not disgraced

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

Not disgraced

Yes, we were never getting a result after the second goal went in. And the 3-0 when it’s looked at in the history books will suggest a pumping. But I thought there was a lot to be encouraged about today especially clearly in the first half.

any game at parkhead is a bit of a free hit these days given their wealth. The gap has never been bigger between the top team and the rest of us.

We looked dangerous, passed the ball well, and most importantly as far as I’m concerned had a go. We’ll finish third.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I agree and right before the 3rd goal we were really unlucky not to make it 2-1.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I think at times we threatened them in the first half. But we ultimately couldn't compete with them in midfield. We also switched off for their first two goals which you just can't do through there. This game won't define our season.

Finishing 3rd is fantasy stuff, realistically hoping to improve on last season but if we’re honest we’re still we’ll behind Aberdeen as is seen almost every time we play and lose to them.

Individual errors were our real undoing today.

We lost an early goal, competed very well in the 1st half after that. Got the run around a bit in the 2nd half but tried to hang in there. Was annoying to lose the 3rd just after a half decent spell.

We will play worse than that this season and win. In fact we already have at least once.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finishing 3rd is fantasy stuff, realistically hoping to improve on last season but if we’re honest we’re still we’ll behind Aberdeen as is seen almost every time we play and lose to them.
    I really don’t think so. Yes, I know we barely laid a glove on them a couple of weeks ago, but they were wretched against Motherwell last week and in my opinion have been in decline for a couple of years now.

i think to suggest we only need to improve on last seasons 7th place finish (a season that was ruined by three months of heckingbottom) is very pessimistic

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    I really don’t think so. Yes, I know we barely laid a glove on them a couple of weeks ago, but they were wretched against Motherwell last week and in my opinion have been in decline for a couple of years now.

i think to suggest we only need to improve on last seasons 7th place finish (a season that was ruined by three months of heckingbottom) is very pessimistic
    I'd be disappointed not to come 4th at this point.

I don't think Aberdeen are streaks ahead of us either, we should hopefully be challenging them all the way. They're probably marginally better but I don't think there's a great deal in it - we don't have a huge amount of depth though.
    Mon the Hibs.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I liked a lot of what i saw in the first half - second half, not so much. On another day, with more composure in front of goal, we’d have taken a lead into half time and who knows how the game would go from there?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Our season will not be defined by results in Glasgow, games at home and everywhere else, yes. Expected nothing from the game so wasn't shocked by the result. Park it and move onto the next one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Totally agree with the post. We'll be judged on the other games, not the Celtic games.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    As others have said not a defining game but disappointed we had no shots on target
    ( 2 blocked and 7 off target)

Barkas never had a save to make,

Worrying nonetheless

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    As others have said not a defining game but disappointed we had no shots on target

Worrying nonetheless
    Not sure I’d describe it as worrying. If we’d have left paisley or hamilton without a shot on target I’d describe that as worrying but Celtic park not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Not sure I’d describe it as worrying. If we’d have left paisley or hamilton without a shot on target I’d describe that as worrying but Celtic park not so much
    Agree but not happy going anywhere without hitting the target in 90 minutes

The Celtic defence can be got at as has been proved in Europe so not invincible

The thread title is ‘Not Disgraced’ I would say not even testing the goalkeeper or forcing him into a save is not good

I am sure Jack Ross would agree with me

Worrying nonetheless
    On the other hand, how many teams have 9 attempts on goal at Celtc Park. That's a positive for me

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    On the other hand, how many teams have 9 attempts on goal at Celtc Park. That's a positive for me

After taking two off the invincible The Rangers I expected us to at least score but those that are happy with no shots on target at Darkheid carry on I was probably expecting too much

We move on to Friday

GGTTH

After taking two off the invincible The Rangers I expected us to at least score but those that are happy with no shots on target at Darkheid carry on I was probably expecting too much

We move on to Friday

GGTTH
    Didn't say I was happy about it but the positives are we made chances.
    I also expected us to score and put a bet on us to win.

We were nowhere near as bad as some of the reaction on social media, and indeed on here, suggests.

I'm no happy clapper, far from it when crticism is merited. However we were well in the game in the 1st half today and I liked a lot of what I saw. 2nd half was largely disappointing but Celtic were well into their stride and cruising by that point.

I don't have the mentality of 'oh it's Celtic so we should just aceept losing'. Equally though I am realistic enough to know we aren't going to stroll into Celtic Park and dominate possession.

Disappointed today but I'm not particularly angry.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Didn't say I was happy about it but the positives are we made chances.
    I also expected us to score and put a bet on us to win.

I always expect us to win even at Darkheid even although someone said on HIBS TV we have only ever won there 16 times ?

I had BTTS but I changed it to >2.5

Anyway I suppose the real point of my post is not a disgrace but not great either gave them too much respect

I do not think this Celtic team are that great but once again we gave Broonie all the time in the world to spray the ball aboot

I still feel this Celtic team are there to be taken maybes at Easter Road saying that they will win the league in a canter as they have more fire power than The Rangers

Still disappointed their goalie never had a save to make- embarrassing !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post

How on earth is it fantasy?

We are nowhere near miles behind them either. Be a bit more optimistic for crying out loud.

I do think the Semi Final against the Gunts is pivotal for the season and we really, really need to win it. Everything imo should from now build to that game and the shape we play them.

Left by mutual consent!

Worrying nonetheless

I've seen us play a lot, lot worse there Billy and I don't think there's much to be worried about after today tbh.

We lost 3-0 to them in 2000 top of the table and didn't lay a glove too. We also lost I think 6-0 over Christmas time a couple of years later. To put into perspective they played very well also.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    I've seen us play a lot, lot worse there Billy and I don't think there's much to be worried about after today tbh.

We lost 3-0 to them in 2000 top of the table and didn't lay a glove too. We also lost I think 6-0 over Christmas time a couple of years later. To put into perspective they played very well also.
    EUREKA!

That was the phrase I was looking for today “ didn’t lay a glove”

You are correct we will probably play like that and win but we must have shots on target though

Need to draw a line under today and move on to Friday

Their ball retention second half today was very good

Onwards and upwards

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar

The 2000 game was my last visit to Darkheid. We had a great team but Celtc had their best one since the Lisbon Lions. One of the few occasions when the attendance was over 60K at the rebuilt stadium. Quite a few Hibs fans in the Celtc end. The gap has often been too much to bridge unfortunately.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    With respect to the shots on target argument, i think it’s a bit mis-leading as we had a couple great chances where the strikers would usually trouble the goalie. Making a fuss about the no shots on target makes it seem like we didn’t trouble Celtic at all, and that’s really not the case.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    With respect to the shots on target argument, i think it’s a bit mis-leading as we had a couple great chances where the strikers would usually trouble the goalie. Making a fuss about the no shots on target makes it seem like we didn’t trouble Celtic at all, and that’s really not the case.
    Doidge had half a chance that unfortunately he hit over the crossbar

The fact is their goalkeeper never made a save

Left by mutual consent!
    EUREKA!

That was the phrase I was looking for today “ didn’t lay a glove”

You are correct we will probably play like that and win but we must have shots on target though

Need to draw a line under today and move on to Friday

Their ball retention second half today was very good

Onwards and upwards

That's better

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I was going to make the same point. There have been times when a low number of shots on target has been a fair reflection of how we've played, but today wasn't one of them. At times we looked very good going forward.

Left by mutual consent!
    Doidge had half a chance that unfortunately he hit over the crossbar

The fact is their goalkeeper never made a save
    Some block by the celtic defender against Nisbet 6 yards out about 2 mins before they scored their third

Some block by the celtic defender against Nisbet 6 yards out about 2 mins before they scored their third
    I’ll give you that

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    The 2000 game was my last visit to Darkheid. We had a great team but Celtc had their best one since the Lisbon Lions. One of the few occasions when the attendance was over 60K at the rebuilt stadium. Quite a few Hibs fans in the Celtc end. The gap has often been too much to bridge unfortunately.

That ironically was my first visit there again we didn't play bad they just turned up against a side top of the table and put in a performance of the best side in the league should have.

You missed a master class 5 years later mind when we finally pumped them the game before that 3-1 game we played even better and sure lost. Somehow.

Left by mutual consent!
    I’ll give you that
    if that wasn't a defender they are paying £2m for a seasons loan we score.