hibs.net Messageboard

Page 244 of 436 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,320 of 13062
    From twitter

Hull City have been given permission to speak to Greg Docherty about a permanent move from Rangers.

Hibs are in for Ross McCrorie, would also be a permanent deal.

2. Log in to remove the advert

McCrorie would be a fantastic signing

@hibs.net private member
    McCrorie was very successfully converted to a right back by Kenny Jackets at Portsmouth. I wonder where on the park Jack Ross fancies him.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McCrorie would be a fantastic signing
    You might be right and you’re not alone in saying that but I don’t see how you and other people can know that?

Never played too much at Rangers and doesn’t sound like he was particularly brilliant at Portsmouth?

I can’t say I’m overly bothered about him signing tbh, if anything I think he sounds a bit ***** but I’m happy to trust Jack Ross of he thinks he’s good enough.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Evening News reporting both parties are a fair bit away in their valuation of the player
    What does that actually mean?

Our valuation of him is too low and their’s is too high?
    Our valuation of him is reasonable but their’s is too high?
    Our valuation of him is too low and their’s is reasonable?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    You might be right and you’re not alone in saying that but I don’t see how you and other people can know that?

Never played too much at Rangers and doesn’t sound like he was particularly brilliant at Portsmouth?

I can’t say I’m overly bothered about him signing tbh, if anything I think he sounds a bit ***** but I’m happy to trust Jack Ross of he thinks he’s good enough.
    This. For the money it would be a huge gamble based on not much at all. He seems like he’s got a good attitude though and wants to come by all accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    What does that actually mean?

Our valuation of him is too low and their’s is too high?
    Our valuation of him is reasonable but their’s is too high?
    Our valuation of him is too low and their’s is reasonable?
    That we offers much less than they want

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hand it in Ross lad
    You want our manager to resign?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    You want our manager to resign?
    McCrorie to hand in a transfer request

Rumour Aberdeen back in for Liam Boyce
    They need a striker, he needs the move (like Conor Washington) to boost international chances, which are currently nil in the Scottish lower leagues (27 game season, not on telly, a wasted year)
    Last edited by Springbank; 12-08-2020 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    They need a striker, he needs the move (like Conor Washington) to boost international chances
    Would be bizarre after their chairman came out and said they wouldn't pay a fee for a player.

Mind he also said it was a 1 in 1 out which he went against

Mcrorie and Gogic in the middle for trick away games would be fantastic in front of the defence. If it came off it really wouldn’t surprise me to see us off load Mallan. Don’t see where he is fitting in.

Would be bizarre after their chairman came out and said they wouldn't pay a fee for a player.

Mind he also said it was a 1 in 1 out which he went against
    Their one in one out is working well!
    I genuinely wonder what the deal would be with this situation with Edmondson (sp). When a loan player gets injured for a lengthy spell like this, particularly in training, what happens with loan fees etc?

St.Gallen also after McRorie apparently

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Must have a scout who knows the Scottish market.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    They need a striker, he needs the move (like Conor Washington) to boost international chances, which are currently nil in the Scottish lower leagues (27 game season, not on telly, a wasted year)
    I’d imagine hearts fans being a bit pissed off if they sold him to Aberdeen.

SG also confirms Rangers in talks with Hibs over a permanent move for Ross McCrorie, while Greg Docherty could be headed to Hull

"Ross & Greg will not be going on loan. They've been on two loans. They've done that road.*If we get bids that are big enough, we'll consider them"

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Not sure what it is but something’s telling me we aren’t done trying for Mcrorie. Both us and rangers seem keen to get something worked out and the player, by all accounts, seems happy to join us

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Swiss Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Mcrorie and Gogic in the middle for trick away games would be fantastic in front of the defence. If it came off it really wouldn’t surprise me to see us off load Mallan. Don’t see where he is fitting in.
    I agree, really like Stevie but he just doesn't seem a starter atm and Mallberg is a more adaptable sub since he can sit deeper (I don't think that's his best position) and step in up the park very ably.
    Mallan is a real conundrum as he is a good top league olayer but unless Scott Allan got a mid to long term injury I don't see him getting enough use, Scott will probably be rotated a lot and his replacement could quite likely be someone more consistent like Mallberg.
    If you gave me a choice between Mallan or McCrorie I'd always go for Stevie but it's all about how JR will shape the team up and for me it's McCrorie all the way I'd say, tbh I think he would probably prefer him to Docherty with the versatility he brings.
    If Mallan wants a career at Hibs he's going to have to be very consistent and bring his A game every time, a very good player if he does that.
    What is his injury timescale atm?
    Last edited by Kaff; 12-08-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Sounds like they were looking to loan and Rangers will only sell

Sounds like they were looking to loan and Rangers will only sell
    We had a bid of £200k knocked back today

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    The Swiss Sunderland.
    This made me laugh, their scout is Jacques Rouse

@hibs.net private member
    nobody will know the answer, however its a decent conversation starter. IF Ron has allowed extra cash to be spent. How much would we be looking at? Wrong answers only.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    nobody will know the answer, however its a decent conversation starter. IF Ron has allowed extra cash to be spent. How much would we be looking at? Wrong answers only.
    350k. 200 for McRorie and 150 for Griffiths.

I think we will get a deal done for McCrorie and if we do it will be a brilliant bit of business imo, very good player.

Big, athletic, good in the air and comfortable, albeit not amazing on the ball. I think a full season playing week in week out in centre mid would see him come in leaps and bounds too.

Him, Gogic, Newell, Allan, Mallan etc all have it in them to dominate the majority of teams in SPFL.

Regarding Mallan, with Allans form this season it wouldn’t surprise me if he came back and was playing the number 10 role - his best position.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    I agree, really like Stevie but he just doesn't seem a starter atm and Mallberg is a more adaptable sub since he can sit deeper (I don't think that's his best position) and step in up the park very ably.
    Mallan is a real conundrum as he is a good top league olayer but unless Scott Allan got a mid to long term injury I don't see him getting enough use, Scott will probably be rotated a lot and his replacement could quite likely be someone more consistent like Mallberg.
    If you gave me a choice between Mallan or McCrorie I'd always go for Stevie but it's all about how JR will shape the team up and for me it's McCrorie all the way I'd say, tbh I think he would probably prefer him to Docherty with the versatility he brings.
    If Mallan wants a career at Hibs he's going to have to be very consistent and bring his A game every time, a very good player if he does that.
    What is his injury timescale atm?
    Mallan has performed much more than Hallberg has, I’m not Mallan’s biggest fan but he’s done more to win hibs matches than Melker Hallberg.
    Everyone keeps suggesting MH has been played in the wrong position or isn’t a deep lying player, he’s shown very little in his time with us IMO at least we know what Mallan does and he can be used as such, Hallberg is the jack ross era’s slivka its him we should be looking to replace.

Scott allan is an important player but he does drop out games and he does go through spells when he’s not quite at it, id rather have Mallan to come in on those occasions than a guy whose YouTube reel suggests can get forward but he hasn’t really shown it in his time with us

So Mcrorie can play centre back, dcm, right back and keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Mallan has performed much more than Hallberg has, I’m not Mallan’s biggest fan but he’s done more to win hibs matches than Melker Hallberg.
    Everyone keeps suggesting MH has been played in the wrong position or isn’t a deep lying player, he’s shown very little in his time with us IMO at least we know what Mallan does and he can be used as such, Hallberg is the jack ross era’s slivka its him we should be looking to replace.

Scott allan is an important player but he does drop out games and he does go through spells when he’s not quite at it, id rather have Mallan to come in on those occasions than a guy whose YouTube reel suggests can get forward but he hasn’t really shown it in his time with us
    Malberg! Must apologise to Melker

I do rate Hallberg as a player but think Mallan is more effective in the right position. I would agree we should play him as a 10.
    That's not easy though, Doidge, Nisbet, Mallan and potentially Allan and Boyle fitting in the front 3 of a 352?
    How else do we fit them in without compromising their strength. Boyle is more effective as winger but don't want him defending!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    So Mcrorie can play centre back, dcm, right back and keeper?
    And he makes a good cup of tea.

Absolute no brainer.