hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: New Boyle Bid?

His replacement better be ****ing good

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not necessarily to us. I reckon he'll want to finish his career at Aberdeen.
    Have you watched the interview? He said he wouldn’t play for any other Scottish club. Obviously could be nonsense but not sure why he would lie.

Good luck Martin, you will be missed badly, hope we've got someone who can change a match like yourself lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Can anyone give me a list of countries that haven’t done horrible stuff in the past so that I can decide where I’m allowed to go on holiday next?
    I think Switzerland are pretty decent. No sure about the pint prices though.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I think Switzerland are pretty decent. No sure about the pint prices though.
    Nah, they’ve got dirty linen too.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front.../sinister.html

@hibs.net private member
    Can anyone give me a list of countries that haven’t done horrible stuff in the past so that I can decide where I’m allowed to go on holiday next?
    Faroe Islands and Iceland.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Nah, they’ve got dirty linen too.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front.../sinister.html
    My mistake. Just stay at hame, Saul.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Faroe Islands and Iceland.
    The faroe’s regularly slaughter whales, not my cup of tea. While Iceland imprisoned all their bankers, could be a big selling point for some.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Jesus ****. Where’s this thread went.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    None of it. He just wants you to go and read about the mighty British Empire… for some reason.
    Nope, just looking for some balance.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Exactly!

Maybe FIFA should just ban every country with questionable humans rights from playing football.

We might be able to qualify for the World Cup in future

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Not sure I could recommend a staycation if those are the conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Not sure I could recommend a staycation if those are the conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, Yoons get persecuted here

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Its not until you watch the highlights of his goals that you realise how good he actually is, easily our best player and will be a huge miss for us and like john mcginn may not be replaced for a very long time, these types of players dont come along that often, in scotland anyway

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Boyle saying he wants to come back to Hibs once his time in Saudi is up - so basically we are getting £3m for loaning him out there during which time he becomes a multi-millionaire? This deal just gets better and better for us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Boyle saying he wants to come back to Hibs once his time in Saudi is up - so basically we are getting £3m for loaning him out there during which time he becomes a multi-millionaire? This deal just gets better and better for us.
    Apart from the bit where we lose our best player.

We’ve done as well out of it as we can, I think, but it’s not good for us football wise.

Coaching Staff
    Or Australia qualify for Qatar and he has a great World Cup and gets another big money move and we get a share of it through a sell on - just need the SJM transfer to go through in summer for some extra cash too ! I think he’ll move to Man Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    I’m perfectly chilled.
    Its the longevity and global reach of the British empire that sets us apart from all others. No one hold a candle to the Brits when it comes to exporting terror.
    That is complete rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    A bit of a one sided view. You maybe need to read up on the British Empire a bit more!!
    it might only be one side of the story but it's a gruesome, sick side - takes any gloss off whatever side of the story supporters of the empire provide.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We’ve just lost our best player, I’m genuinely surprised at how blasé so many people seem to be about it. I know there’s nothing we can do about it, but to try and present him leaving as a positive is baffling. In all my years supporting hibs we’ve never once replaced our star player with anything near the same quality. When Mcginn left it took 3 managers before we were competitive again.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Exactly!

Maybe FIFA should just ban every country with questionable humans rights from playing football.

We might be able to qualify for the World Cup in future
    What with our record of sectarianism past and present!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    When are his new club playing next?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Jesus ****. Where’s this thread went.
    To the moral high ground. This place is full of people who have never had to make a decision in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    We’ve just lost our best player, I’m genuinely surprised at how blasé so many people seem to be about it. I know there’s nothing we can do about it, but to try and present him leaving as a positive is baffling. In all my years supporting hibs we’ve never once replaced our star player with anything near the same quality. When Mcginn left it took 3 managers before we were competitive again.
    Without Boyles input we would’ve lost him for far less. We’re losing him, but would’ve lost him anyway, this way we’ve got vast sums in our pocket to go and try to improve.

As someone said previously, we can’t just keep our players until they are too old with no sell on value. That may help us this year but down the line we wouldn’t have any money to replace them with and end up far worse for it.

Exactly...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    When are his new club playing next?
    Playing today. 5 o’clockish

I don’t think there is much fans can do or say that would made a difference.

Most fans are aware every club is a selling club if the price is right. Hibs and Ben did the right thing sorting his new contract out abs same applies to Doig / Porto who will probably next to be sold. Sign a new contract improve weekly wage and we will sell you in future making sure Hibs get X amount which suits both parties. This is clear in Boyles interview and Ben has said this before.

I do agree about the next stages though. We still haven’t even come close to replacing SJM and currently I’m not sure we have a Boyle replacement - Mueller isn’t the same as Boyle.

Boyle was entertainment and got fans off their seats - he was also entertainment off the pitch on social media etc and in the dressing room.

Boyle leaving allows others to step up but we do need to find some pace up front or wide - electric pace that defenders really fear.

We also need to sort the midfield - Magennis was starting to show signs of being a possible replacement but he just can’t be relied on.

Over to you Hibs..still time before window shuts to give the fans a boost with at least 2 more signings that will make an instant impact to improve us.

I have more faith with Ron and Ben to give SM funds than RP days.

Charles Cook and Mikey Johnston would improve us.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 21-01-2022 at 05:00 PM.

Tbf when McGinn left, we also lost McGeoch and Allan. So we needed a whole new midfield.

I’m delighted for Martin and he deserves his pay day in the sun after his performances for us over the years but absolutely devastated from a Hibs point of view. Yes £3 million in the kitty but probably unreplaceable in the pond we fish in. Like most how & who are we gonna get in to replace him & his goal scoring threat ?

Thanks for the memories Martin.

HAbsolutely gutted. Boyle is a brilliant player and always seemed a great character to have around. He’s earned his big money move. He’s doing what’s best for him and his family. I imagine he will spend a couple of years over there, make his money (which provided he’s sensible about it will set him and his family up for life) then return to somewhere in the UK.

so good on him and I wish him nothing but success.

Provided some amazing memories and Leaves a legend
    Last edited by 21.05.2016; 21-01-2022 at 05:21 PM.