hibs.net Messageboard

Page 257 of 558 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,710 of 16724
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was last season.This season will be different and dependent on the deal the league strikes with broadcasters for the unfinished season.
    Money has stayed the same.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The whole point of relegation is to remove the worst performing teams from a league and allow more deserving, better performing teams to enter it. Keeping Hearts in the top flight, however it may happen, would just weaken the league and dilute the quality. They've got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Ok let's look at the fairness angle. Still games to play and the tarts might win enough to save themselves, however unlikely.
    On the other hand they have cheated, remember the timing of their admin!!?? I hope Dundee don't.
    They have stolen money. Charities, HMRC, small businesses etc
    They have been receiving money from Benny Factor and not disclosing who they are.
    They signed players who they could not afford over multiple seasons going back to the 80s!
    They have continually racked up debt after debt and pretended to be a big club, flaunting their spending and rubbing it into everyone's faces, particularly ours
    There will be more but I can't be arsed thinking about it.
    With them being down we have the opportunity to push on as Edinburgh's No1 club and really put our foot in their throat.
    So yes we may lose a bit of cash in the shirt term but we need to remember all of the shut that they have got away with and we have had to put up with. Never forget that they are a shower of cheating *******s and there is NO club that deserves to be relegated more than them.
    Do the right thing overall and relegated them

Quote from Jambos Way back

"Hearts are a club with a glorious history of trying to do the right thing, most of the time, during war and peace. What have we done to these people to attract this venom?
    I’m not one for holding grudges, generally, but if this stitch up succeeds, I won’t set a foot inside another Scottish ground unless Hearts can gain financially from it. It’s time to take a stand against this.

Just because you’re paranoid, it doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you. "

Oh dear where to start.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Yep what's more, this didn't need to be said.

LD could have kept quiet.

I see ST's grinding to a halt now. A bubble has been popped. It has simply cast a shadow on what seems a pretty clear solution to me. It could go as far as to drive a wedge between the board and the fans.

We are a simple bunch. We hate hearts. We love hibs.
    Correct, she could have said NOTHING, I dont get this statement at all what is she trying to tell us?

SIX season tickets from our family affected if Hibs/LD vote to save them, they deserve to go down leave them to it!!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    I agree. LD made a previous decision not to support an independent inquiry into the Sevco fiasco, which fans did not like.

If the Club goes against the will of the fans again this time I can see big trouble ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Yep what's more, this didn't need to be said.

LD could have kept quiet.

I see ST's grinding to a halt now. A bubble has been popped. It has simply cast a shadow on what seems a pretty clear solution to me. It could go as far as to drive a wedge between the board and the fans.

We are a simple bunch. We hate hearts. We love hibs.
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Correct, she could have said NOTHING, I dont get this statement at all what is she trying to tell us?

SIX season tickets from our family affected if Hibs/LD vote to save them, they deserve to go down leave them to it!!
    When she says nothing she gets stick. When she says something she gets stick too.

She was obviously contacted by the EEN for a reaction. What she said is absolutely fine by me as there's no easy answer.

This is my take on it:

It would be best for EVERYONE, not Hibs or Hearts etc, but the whole of Scottish football if we can finish the season. Then there’s no ifs & buts. Best team wins, worst relegated. Realistically, there seems to be no quick end to this pandemic. The only option may be to play behind closed doors? Clubs don’t want this because of lost income. Extend the season? Clubs will have players out of contract who they may not want or be able to afford to keep on, but leaves them short of numbers. Especially lower league clubs, who probably have targets already identified & agreed for next season. Clubs are also reliant on prize money which will be budgeted for. Even if it’s last prize. Again, this could be the difference of smaller clubs staying afloat or ultimately folding! It looks like the tv deal is in place, worth millions. Will this become null & void if we decide to change our structure? Or is there pressure being put on to keep all the bigger teams together for tv purposes? Logically, we should do our utmost to put next season on hold & finish this season whenever that may be. If we have to play 2/3 times weekly to catch up, so be it. They’re athletes. As said previously though, MOST clubs NEED their prize money to survive. Release some players to cut the wage bill, plan for next season. None of this can happen with the uncertainty. If we can’t start back by July/August, it should be unanimously agreed that there is no alternative but to finish as it stands. In the meantime, I’m sure we can pay all the clubs the minimum payment of last place to keep ticking over. Reconstruction etc is a disgrace, as it’s never been mentioned until now. You can’t award titles to the current best teams but not relegate the current worst teams? Play offs are different. These teams only might have a chance of success. Partick I’d feel sorry for, as they have a game in hand for safety, but the tables don’t lie. It’s not 8 games into the season where it’s a false table, but 8 to go, where nothing much is likely to change. Rangers, Hearts, Patrick, Falkirk etc are unfortunate, but all have had roughly 30 games to put themselves in a better position. Unfair they may say, but the world is unfair just now.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I can’t believe the amount of HIBS fans making threats against the club
    We’ll vote what suits us, and not anyone else

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post

"Hearts are a club with a glorious history of trying to do the right thing, most of the time, during war and peace. What have we done to these people to attract this venom?
    I’m not one for holding grudges, generally, but if this stitch up succeeds, I won’t set a foot inside another Scottish ground unless Hearts can gain financially from it. It’s time to take a stand against this.

Oh dear where to start.
    Did he mention the Lady Haig poppy fund, the Macraes Battalion trust or the Big Hearts charity by any chance?

All illustriously named on Hearts very own creditors list, the list of shame.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It’s the same over the road too. “Fans” saying they won’t be back if AB doesn’t take the league to court. Some people are just a wee bit special.

If it came down to it, why would it be in hibs best interests to artificially reconstruct the league to keep them in it?.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Hibs want Hearts in the league. Make no mistake on that.
    The fans DON'T, we are happy with a one, two or three season break and will not miss these cheating bassas.

Left by mutual consent!
    Why would it suit the club (as a whole, remembering all the support is the club spiel we get from time to time when it’s time to buy season tickets) to vote against the proposal?

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar

Oh dear where to start.
    And is exactly what I'm getting at with my post. They seem to believe they are untouchable no matter what they do, they seem to think they are special, they seem to think rules do not apply to them no matter the situation, they seem to believe that every one should be grateful to them for something.
    **** them as a club and **** every last one if their delusional support. As a collective they are as thick as **** and have no sense if reality.
    Them going down is the ONLY right and fair decision. I have said it over many threads they are not only the worst team this season but for the last 12 months where football was played. If anyone ever deserves to go down it those poppy theiving *******s

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    If it came down to it, why would it be in hibs best interests to artificially reconstruct the league to keep them in it?.
    It might be, but we might want to play behind closed doors, as we feel we can move up the league
    What’s the difference between 7th and 4th, quite a bit I bet

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Money has stayed the same.
    Not what I've been told.For a start the League doesn't know what it's going to get as some of the broadcast deals income is unlikely to be paid.

I can absolutely understand the strength of feeling from hibs fans in this highly emotive situation. Playing in the top league and getting one over your neighbours to many is the be all and end all. That's not hibs hearts specific, that's football.

We have all been on the end of some of the worst results in our history, in recent times, but good luck getting them to acknowledge the fact that their business model, for my entire life, has been based on winning at all costs. No matter the cost, or fallout. Win.

Simply put hibs cannot be seen to support this.

It might be, but we might want to play behind closed doors, as we feel we can move up the league
    What’s the difference between 7th and 4th, quite a bit I bet
    Firstly, we are not finishing the season. It's just not happening despite everyone wanting that.

They will eventually call the leagues as it's the only option, at which point reconstruction will be put to a vote.

Why would hibs voting to do so benefit Hibs?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    I still haven’t heard one person explain how the prize money would be given now but the final standings not confirmed ?

Do Hibs get 7th prize money but end up coming 4th then ?

If the big huns and wee huns could explain how this would work that would be useful.

Thanks
    Was the idea not to pay out prize money based on the lowest possible finish and then top up later on as the positions are finalised

It comes down to money.

If Hibs are saying "let's not rush this" then that is because we can afford to do that....

..but Hearts & Rangers cant afford to hold on.

They need to pay staff & overheads in May.
    They dont have cash in the bank to make payment.
    They *need* the SPFL cash in April.

So the 2 clubs with most to lose here, are the 2 clubs who cant afford the time to debate it.

It will be either Hearts, or Rangers, who will make the distressed phone call to the SPFL later this month saying "ok, ok, whatever it takes, just give us the money, please"

Left by mutual consent!
    Firstly, we are not finishing the season. It's just not happening despite everyone wanting that.

They will eventually call the leagues as it's the only option, at which point reconstruction will be put to a vote.

Exactly. I would assume there will be lengthy discussions or even a vote to decide at a later date for the league to conclude prematurely, eventually. That’s not on the cards at all at the moment. This is to vote on what is to happen if the season can’t finish.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by franck sauzee View Post
    Was the idea not to pay out prize money based on the lowest possible finish and then top up later on as the positions are finalised
    The prize money for the lowest possible finish has already been paid out.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Firstly I want Hearts to be relegated.

On reading the statement I think she is being diplomatic. Does anyone really think reconstruction should be dismissed without finding out what is on offer? It may be that an 18 or 16 team league is proposed with play offs similar to rugby league. Sky offer to increase their offer by millions. Might not be what we want but it would provide excitement. Let's have the discussion then vote on it.
    The right answer with Hearts being relegated could still happen.
    Unlikely but what happens if every country in Europe managed to finish their league and we have jumped the gun. Unlikely but it could happen. I would rather we didn't have to do a uturn like Belgium.
    The liklihood is that the season will not be completed but why rush into a decision without having all the facts?
    Let them squirm a bit longer, see some hope and then vote for them to be relegated.
    Belgium has not done a U turn!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    The prize money for the lowest possible finish has already been paid out.
    No it’s not. The prize money for the three teams guaranteed to make the top 6 has been paid out. The rest got an equal share.

Reconstruction will not be put to a vote as it couldn't be done in the time involved.It won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    No it’s not. The prize money for the three teams guaranteed to make the top 6 has been paid out. The rest got an equal share.
    Difference between 7th and 4th is £400k
    7th and 5th is £200k, could be the difference in paying some of the deferred payments, without it coming out of next years budget

We just to think about us

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    And is exactly what I'm getting at with my post. They seem to believe they are untouchable no matter what they do, they seem to think they are special, they seem to think rules do not apply to them no matter the situation, they seem to believe that every one should be grateful to them for something.
    **** them as a club and **** every last one if their delusional support. As a collective they are as thick as **** and have no sense if reality.
    Them going down is the ONLY right and fair decision. I have said it over many threads they are not only the worst team this season but for the last 12 months where football was played. If anyone ever deserves to go down it those poppy theiving *******s
    Hearts getting relegated just isn’t going to happen. The media campaign for reconstruction literally started the second the league was suspended. The media pressure from Rangers and Hearts media supporters and apologists will put pressure on the authorities to do their bidding as usual and the other clubs will buckle. Dempster. is already softening up the Hibs fans for such a scenario.

Their ‘fairness’ towards Hearts will lead to a 14 team league which will of course completely ignore the ‘unfairness’ to the 3rd anf 4th teams in the Championship play off positions. THAT is Scottish football.

@hibs.net private member Hibernianinc's Avatar
    What’s clear is that there hasn’t been enough (any) consultation with the clubs.

Looks like it’s a “Here’s two options for you to vote for. BTW, no.1 is a right **** storm.”

It may not pass for this reason. Doesn’t mean it won’t ultimately come to calling the league over, and relegating herts. Just not right now.

My reading is this is what LD is saying, that Hibs shouldn't get bounced into a decision without a better, more informed discussion.

It does look like a bit of a mess. For example, what happens if leagues 1&2 vote for early termination, but the Championship vote against?

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Reconstruction will not be put to a vote as it couldn't be done in the time involved.It won't happen.
    If that's the case then good, this is no issue here and everyone (myself included) can calm down. The leagues will be called and hibs wont have to run the risk alienating their fans.

I suspect there will be a discussion around it but hopefully, like you say, there will not be a vote

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Oh dear where to start.

Do the right thing then Hearts: accept your medicine.

Threatening legal action at this time is precisely the definition on doing the wrong thing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Difference between 7th and 4th is £400k
    7th and 5th is £200k, could be the difference in paying some of the deferred payments, without it coming out of next years budget

We just to think about us
    We aren’t voting for the league to stop though.