hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    It’s an extremely poor result. I think I was looking for perspective when it went 3-1, but to lose another 3 goals after that is shocking.

New players not showing up well today. Old players playing like they are old. There better be some much better signings coming in after that today.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Look on the bright side we still have to play Celtic 😬😳

No perspective required unfortunately. That is just completely unacceptable and thought the days of us getting turned over like that in Glasgow were long gone.

Worrying times and the pressure is seriously on both the Board and manager now....new recruits are needed before the end of the month or we are in for a long hard season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Mackie looks like he's regressing rather than progressing.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I said at the end of last season and at the start of this one that the jury was still out on PH. Getting horsed 6-1 like this is unacceptable, even with ten men.

I’m not seeing a strong well balanced squad. I’m not seeing outstanding or even persuasive signings. I’m not seeing exciting attacking football. I’m not seeing an effective, fit, high pressing team. I’m not seeing wins ground out with dull football to make us top six or European contenders.

He needs to start delivering some combination of the above very, very quickly or it’s lower mid table anonymity for us.

Not remotely good enough.

@hibs.net private member
    From my perspective, we should never lose 6 goals to anyone . We look painfully slow with no obvious game plan. The new signings look bang average to say the least - and that’s generous. Long season ahead so deep breath...

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mackie looks like he's regressing rather than progressing.
    League two level. Can't defend, stupid handball.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

My perspective is I spent money and time getting there today and saw us pitch up beat before a ball was kicked.

Warning signs have been there for weeks. This team simply isn't good enough. Hibs teams with bigger financial deficits than this have put up a better fight at Ibrox, even before the sending off. Heckingbotttom won't see Christmas.

@hibs.net private member
    The thing is, all our work throughout the years is getting undone by selling our best players and replacing them with..... Not so good players?

We have been down the road before, it took us three years to get out of the championship, I hope to god we are not going down it again.

Quote Originally Posted by leithsansiro View Post
    Just want to get in before the expected post-match recriminations get started.

Just remember to keep some perspective. Rangers (and Celtic) have got astronomical budgets compared to us and the rest of the league.

Yes we were poor today in all sorts of ways, but keep it in perspective.
    How do we compare with Stirling Albion in terms of resources?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Here is some perspective for you, mull this over in your minds, we apparently PAID £350k for that huddy up front, yes £350K.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Here is some perspective for you, mull this over in your minds, we apparently PAID £350k for that huddy up front, yes £350K.
    Another James Collins 🤔

Left by mutual consent!
    Here’s some perspective. Going to that loathsome hole of a stadium full of **** and getting skelped 6-1. A disgrace. Game was lost 15 minutes in. Simply indefensible.

Perspective will get us relegated. This is the worst hibs team since that last happened and my god do we need to get it sorted.

These new signings will be gone shortly after Heckingbottom leaves. Disaster written all over it.

Losing 2-1 with eleven men until 55 minutes, 4-0 with ten men for the last 35. Perspective- trying my best but it’s a struggle
    Last edited by RIP; 11-08-2019 at 04:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leithsansiro View Post
    Just want to get in before the expected post-match recriminations get started.

Just remember to keep some perspective. Rangers (and Celtic) have got astronomical budgets compared to us and the rest of the league.

Yes we were poor today in all sorts of ways, but keep it in perspective.
    Nah, **** that, not after a pumping like that.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Wow. I've seen so many hibs fans saying 'Hecky must go NOW!!!' in the last hour. What a weird bunch of fans, it's been two league games and the old firm sides look very good this year and I bet will finish well above the 3rd place team. Rangers in particular have obviously spent a lot of money to stop 10 in a row and have consistency from last season.

Get a grip of yourselves, stop the knee jerk reaction ffs.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    My perspective is I spent money and time getting there today and saw us pitch up beat before a ball was kicked.

Warning signs have been there for weeks. This team simply isn't good enough. Hibs teams with bigger financial deficits than this have put up a better fight at Ibrox, even before the sending off. Heckingbotttom won't see Christmas.
    Beat before a ball was kicked is about right. Gone by Christmas won’t be though - either because he’ll pull things round or because the Board won’t move on him. Too much capital invested in him following the Lennon episode for them to act as swiftly again.

So, rangers but a PLAYER for £4.5million, Rob buys our entire CLUB for £3 million & we expect to go into their back yard and beat them ? Nah was never gonna happen. Yes I know we have in recent times, but, hard as it is to admit it, Gerard has built a good squad over last 3 Windows and will push sellik in all the way for title

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    So, rangers but a PLAYER for £4.5million, Rob buys our entire CLUB for £3 million & we expect to go into their back yard and beat them ? Nah was never gonna happen. Yes I know we have in recent times, but, he'd a it is to admit it, Gerard has built a good squad over last 3 Windows and will push Well in all the way for ti.tle
    Hibernian FC should never lose 6-1 to any Scottish Premiership side.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    6-1

Get Hecky to ****.
    Get a grip

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Hibernian FC should never lose 6-1 to any Scottish Premiership side.
    Agree,& if we had 11 players n the pitch for 90 min we wouldn't have today

So, rangers but a PLAYER for £4.5million, Rob buys our entire CLUB for £3 million & we expect to go into their back yard and beat them ? Nah was never gonna happen. Yes I know we have in recent times, but, hard as it is to admit it, Gerard has built a good squad over last 3 Windows and will push sellik in all the way for title
    I was never expecting us to beat the hun of today but I do expect us to put up a bloody good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I said at the end of last season and at the start of this one that the jury was still out on PH. Getting horsed 6-1 like this is unacceptable, even with ten men.

I’m not seeing a strong well balanced squad. I’m not seeing outstanding or even persuasive signings. I’m not seeing exciting attacking football. I’m not seeing an effective, fit, high pressing team. I’m not seeing wins ground out with dull football to make us top six or European contenders.

He needs to start delivering some combination of the above very, very quickly or it’s lower mid table anonymity for us.

Not remotely good enough.
    When you're not seeing positives about the team, it's a really bad state of affairs!

I don't like to moan on the board, but today has realised all the niggling fears since the split last season. I can't face another season of substandard performances so hoping this will prove to be a watershed.

Perspective? It was eye bleeding. No cohesion whitsoever.

Just the usual patter, “Financially blah blah blah” - we were better than them last season and they were financially better off. Regressed under PH and his Netflix star. Fans who went should be refunded and money off next away game.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Before everyone implodes with todays result, hopefully can maybe be a bit sensible and realize the sheer differences in finances between the two clubs. As much as it pains me, Rangers have now reached that near level of old in which going through to play the Glasgow teams is essentially a free hit. It may be hard for some folk to accept that but thats reality. We had a lot of fun with Rangers over the past few years, but there were definitely a few circumstances around that which allowed us to have a fairly decent record against them. They have been in a huge transitional period both on and off the field the past few years and teams like us have been able to capitalize on that and caught them cold a few times.

Aberdeen more so have been able to pounce of this fact and have had their fun finishing 2nd.

This, as much as it's hard to say, is a different Rangers animal this year. They've had a very good transfer window and added to the already settled squad of last season. I've managed to catch a few of their European games and they've been grudgingly impressive. I fear for a result like today to be honest, but it doesn't get me all up and arms but look at the differences especially this year, in finances.

They signed a defender 'Filip Helander' for 4.5 Million, we can't come close to matching that! Never mind how much the likes of Ojo, Aribo etc will be on.

They'll push Celtic all the way, and at the least they'll very very comfortably finish 2nd. Our season won't be defined on trips to Ibrox and park Head

A bit of perspective is definitely needed.
    So we can look forward to similar shaftings each time we play the OF on the upside we will pump Livvy Hamilton and St Mirren - Oh wait a minute

Hibs net on meltdown. I'm very disappointed tonight, but once we got the man sent off- we never stood a chance. We all know it.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurry Face View Post
    Not going to happen.
    All you have done is given another thread over to those that need to hammer Hibs.
    Supporters will still support.
    I love Hibs & I'll be there on Saturday but that was a craven capitulation & we are entitled to be angry & upset. Mackie was an idiot but that doesn't excuse losing 6 goals. They're not Barcelona, we were shockingly bad.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Hibs net on meltdown. I'm very disappointed tonight, but once we got the man sent off- we never stood a chance. We all know it.
    Sorry, but 6-1 score line doesn't justify that scoreline. Even with a man down

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Agree,& if we had 11 players n the pitch for 90 min we wouldn't have today
    We could have easily been 6 down before he got sent off tbh mate.

Today is one of the worst performances I’ve seen in recent times.