hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough meeks0-7's Avatar

Kevin Thomson and Chris Sutton

Seem to get on well😬

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I assume Thommo was spitting the dummy out because Sutton was winding him up because Celtic are on their way to another title.

Thommo greeting about his beloved rangers. ?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huge Hibs fan still, can't fault any individual from wanting a club he played for to win against their bitter rivals or dent their hopes.

Through any working life many people move between jobs and organisations and develop friendships and attachments to things - but you still (can) revert back to what you remember and love at the beginning. And he is a huge Hibs fan still.

He gets way too much stick on here (KT). Good guy, good Hibs fan, gave the club a lot

I think he assumed his Katie Thomshun persona tonight to ensure the required Rangers Vs Celtic make-up of the panel.

Thought Thomson spoke very well. Can see there is a clear disliking there between him and sutton. Never looked at him once in the post match analysis 🤣🤣

Huge Hibs fan.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    His employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    Huge Hibs fan.
    I'll crack the jokes!

One of his kids signed for hibs and his kids were mascots the same day as my son. Are people suggesting he isn't a Hibby?

A die hard like some folk? No, but then he was probably busy playing on Saturdays at half 3. Came back for a spell and played for free. He's alright with me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Thommo has a season ticket for him and his son even though they aren’t there as much as they would like. If KT was a hun his wee laddie would be kicking about wearing rangers strips. He likes rangers more than Celtic? Big deal.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'll crack the jokes!
    I'd love to see you dis your employer for setting you up financially for life and giving you chances in a career you'd only dream of

He's a huge Hibs fan - as others have said, deal with it

Thomson is a hibs fan that played for and now works for rangers. Not exactly a surprise that he would be wanting them to win. Jesus Christ!

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I'd love to see you dis your employer for setting you up financially for life and giving you chances in a career you'd only dream of

He's a huge Hibs fan - as others have said, deal with it
    I wouldn't expect him to diss his employer. It's his behaviour not just during his employment with Sevco but also after it that I'm questioning.

I don't doubt that he considers himself a Hibs fan but he's got a funny way of showing it.

I wouldn't expect him to diss his employer. It's his behaviour not just during his employment with Sevco but also after it that I'm questioning.

I don't doubt that he considers himself a Hibs fan but he's got a funny way of showing it.
    He is still a rangers employee now as well as a former player. Not difficult.

Coaching Staff

What behaviour exactly ? Evidence it

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    He is still a rangers employee now as well as a former player. Not difficult.
    He's been a Rangers employee permanently since 2007 has he?

What behaviour exactly ? Evidence it
    Some of the comments I've heard him make about Rangers go above and beyond what I would consider to be just "wanting to be respectful towards an employer."

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Huge Hibs fan still, can't fault any individual from wanting a club he played for to win against their bitter rivals or dent their hopes.

Through any working life many people move between jobs and organisations and develop friendships and attachments to things - but you still (can) revert back to what you remember and love at the beginning. And he is a huge Hibs fan still.

He gets way too much stick on here (KT). Good guy, good Hibs fan, gave the club a lot

Too sensible a post

KT is a Hibby

The guys a Hibs fan through and through and I couldn’t care less if he bigs up Rangers. We’ve had dozens of players play for us that hold us in high regard but probably support another team.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jayjaygrant
    Played for free for us and for that you have to commend. We might not like it that he works for rangers but he’s one of the good ones.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcpakeisgod View Post
    Played for free for us and for that you have to commend. We might not like it that he works for rangers but he’s one of the good ones.
    He would be coaching at Hibs if we ever offered him a position, ever. Like the one he was told he was going to get. And the one after that when he set up his academy that he was told, again, he was going to get a coaching role at the club. He didn’t.

Why shouldn’t he look after the best interests of his career? Mathie asks Thommo to come on board tomorrow he will leave Rangers and that’s a fact.

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    I have recited this wee anecdote before.

My mate (great guy but a Hun) was at CG and his employers were doing the MOTM after a Hun game at CG.

He (KT)was the MOTM and was in the lounge after the game and was introduced to my mate.

Said mate said his best pal (me) is a Hibby - without prompting and even knowing me KT said “good guy then”.

Naturally my mate disagreed but said later that he was left in no doubt that even inside deepest darkest CG his love for the cabbage shone through- my mate even said he was a wee bit shocked 👍
    Last edited by scm70nyd1973; 13-02-2020 at 04:36 AM.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Once a Hibby, always a Hibby and that's exactly what Kev is.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Sutton's an absolute w4nk, I probably wouldn't like him either

Some utterly clueless comments here also regarding KT.
    Last edited by Anthony Soprano; 13-02-2020 at 10:02 AM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Every player will have their own team, but some get to go and see them more than others. The fact KT had a ST in the West with his boys is all the evidence you need. Playing a long time at Ibrox and still working for them will understandably see some affiliation with Rangers, but that’s going to be the same across the game. If it wasn’t Rangers then there wouldn’t even be a discussion.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I’m sure he does support Hibs, but he also seems to love rangers. To me, that’s like a vegetarian who loves to eat bacon. The two don’t work together.

**** rangers.

Headed off the line at the PBS in 2016. He's OK in my book.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Is it really surprising that a Rangers employee wants to see Rangers do well? Doesnt mean he can't support Hibs

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Headed off the line at the PBS in 2016. He's OK in my book.
    People have short memories. Part of our cup winning team and played for free for us.

Met Kevin Thomson and he seems a nice guy who is a Hibby.My problem with all players that sign for Rangers is that they are turning a blind eye for money reasons to what Rangers historically stand for.That is the hatred of catholics and especially Irish catholics.So by signing for them they are condoning what Rangers have stood for over the years.Just listen to there songs.To fully understand what i am talking about you have to be from my background.As someone once said to be "If there was such a team as Kul Klux Klan United would you expect a black/coloured man to support them"??? I