hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He’ll be cancelling his HSL next - outrageous!

I get it football is tribal. But his tribe is Rangers. He’s on loan to us even then he is free to put up what he wants on his social media account as long as it’s not bringing the club into disrepute.

Every angle gets scrutinised these days but ultimately it’s what he does for Hibs on the park. Are we not better focusing on that?
    Absolutely the only thing that is important. Personally would start him every week and don't get why he didn't start Derby or Dons match almost like him and Horgan are being rotated. Which don't think helps either of them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He’s not very good. I’m waiting for the burst of pace we’ve been told about.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I genuinely thought he had that when he was at Rangers. Not sure if I was imagining it or if he’s being told to play a different way here.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    He looks to me like a winger that’s been told not to lose possession too many times.

It’s all too safe, controls it, passes it inside, works hard enough but that’s not really what I want from a winger.

Reminds me a bit of Danny Handling when he was put out wide. Would generally come on, not make any mistakes but not offer anywhere near enough of a threat.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    He looks to me like a winger that’s been told not to lose possession too many times.

It’s all too safe, controls it, passes it inside, works hard enough but that’s not really what I want from a winger.

Reminds me a bit of Danny Handling when he was put out wide. Would generally come on, not make any mistakes but not offer anywhere near enough of a threat.
    That pisses me off about football in general these days.

Give me a winger who gets the ball down and runs at a man every time.

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    He is 100% still with us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    If he was a Hibs player I'd be wanting him to go out on loan somewhere and get a replacement in. Says it all really.
    Well put. It was a strange decision at the time and only looks even worse with time.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    He has the odd glimpse of something but as others have said, if he was our youngster we would be wanting him out on loan to improve, very strange signing if he was supposed to be a replacement for boyle

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    My Rangers ST holding mate asked me the other weekend how Middleton was doing, and I highlighted his lack of pace. My mate thought I was winding him up and countered that he is lightning. Yet to see any evidence of this to date though.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    My Rangers ST holding mate asked me the other weekend how Middleton was doing, and I highlighted his lack of pace. My mate thought I was winding him up and countered that he is lightning. Yet to see any evidence of this to date though.
    No point in using your pace of you get by the defence just to see no one there to cross it to, our lack of pace in midfield really shows.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
    He is 100% still with us.
    He'll be wishing he was away based on the majority feedback on here and social media!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    He'll be wishing he was away based on the majority feedback on here and social media!
    Not the players fault but if you take someone on loan from a club who's fans detest each other its always going to add more pressure.

I have nothing against Middleton and actually think unless something happened behind the scenes we'd be better off keeping him but threads like this were inevitable.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Not the players fault but if you take someone on loan from a club who's fans detest each other its always going to add more pressure.

I have nothing against Middleton and actually think unless something happened behind the scenes we'd be better off keeping him but threads like this were inevitable.
    Can’t say I’ve come across any abuse towards Middleton because he is on loan from Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I thought they weren't allowed to recall him as we paid a ginormous loan fee?
    Can we no pay them to take Newell as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Can’t say I’ve come across any abuse towards Middleton because he is on loan from Rangers.
    Middleton's been pretty well received and can't point to any abuse from our fans whatsoever. He's chosen to come and play for us and he's putting in the required effort so there's no reason he should be abused.

I feel a bit sorry for him as he'll have thought he was joining a very different team to carry out a very different role ie join a good team who want to attack. He's joined an atrocious team who have had to resort to getting everyone behind the ball in order to get some sort of foothold in what was (still is) in danger of turning into a disaster.

He could have done with a lot more help from a lot more players on the pitch, none more so than Lewis Stevenson who has looked more tentative and unwilling to support going forward than he has done throughout his entire career with us.

Our current formation seems to suit our current players really badly, none more so than Middleton who has often found himself totally isolated stuck out on the wing with very little chance of managing to produce any sort of end product whatsoever, after his first couple of appearances produced a couple of assists.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by dchibs View Post
    Can we no pay them to take Newell as well.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

I know he’s only on loan, but he currently represents Hibs yet his social media is awash in Hunnery. It’s not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by KingFlo View Post
    See he’s removed everything Hibs related from his social media accounts.
    Saw someone suggest the Huns are recalling him?
    👋

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Middleton's been pretty well received and can't point to any abuse from our fans whatsoever. He's chosen to come and play for us and he's putting in the required effort so there's no reason he should be abused.

I feel a bit sorry for him as he'll have thought he was joining a very different team to carry out a very different role ie join a good team who want to attack. He's joined an atrocious team who have had to resort to getting everyone behind the ball in order to get some sort of foothold in what was (still is) in danger of turning into a disaster.

He could have done with a lot more help from a lot more players on the pitch, none more so than Lewis Stevenson who has looked more tentative and unwilling to support going forward than he has done throughout his entire career with us.

Our current formation seems to suit our current players really badly, none more so than Middleton who has often found himself totally isolated stuck out on the wing with very little chance of managing to produce any sort of end product whatsoever, after his first couple of appearances produced a couple of assists.
    Yep, pretty well agree with all of that. He does look isolated, but then at times he looks as if he's playing out of position. He's not really a replacement for Boyle, who's definitely a right winger. Rangers fans I know said he's predominantly left sided or mid.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Yep, pretty well agree with all of that. He does look isolated, but then at times he looks as if he's playing out of position. He's not really a replacement for Boyle, who's definitely a right winger. Rangers fans I know said he's predominantly left sided or mid.
    Agree don't think there is any benefit of playing him on the right IMO.

He’s bang average, I’d rather see a hibs youngster getting a chance over Middleton. I’d understand the signing if he was an outstanding prospect but I’d say Fraser Murray looks a better player and would do just as well out wide. If he’s not proud to have the Hibs stuff on his social media then he can leave.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mentalhibee View Post
    He’s bang average, I’d rather see a hibs youngster getting a chance over Middleton. I’d understand the signing if he was an outstanding prospect but I’d say Fraser Murray looks a better player and would do just as well out wide. If he’s not proud to have the Hibs stuff on his social media then he can leave.
    That could be very harsh.

We've absolutely no idea what has happened but I'd guess that the poor guy may have been receiving abuse or worse and if so, then who can blame him for acting the way he has?

He’s still at Hibs. No idea why he’s deleted Hibs of his social media but does it really matter.

Info that he’s still with us came from another Gers youth player who’s best pals with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still on his Instagram so doubt it.

I have no issues signing players from sevco like we did with daz. It sticks in the craw loaning them though. I know it's petty but it's how I feel.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

We were sold " pacey winger that runs at defenders!" and I bought it and looked forward to seeing him terrorising the opposition,
    but if not for this thread I had all but forgotten about him.
    To say his impact has been minimal would be an understatement.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi Heid Yin View Post
    We were sold " pacey winger that runs at defenders!" and I bought it and looked forward to seeing him terrorising the opposition,
    but if not for this thread I had all but forgotten about him.
    To say his impact has been minimal would be an understatement.
    Yep, agree with that.

His permanent spot is on the bench as far as I can see.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I thought in the relatively short time he was on against Hearts he shows directness and promise - can’t comment on the other games.

Let’s not condemn him before he’s had a chance I mean how long are we giving players or is it the instant success “just add water” we’re demanding?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Do we get too fixated with social media?
    Fakery, wind-ups, trolls.
    There’s a whole lot of noise out there.
    I read some wheee “how do you know you’re statement/idea is wrong ? Just put it up on the internet and wait.’
    I wonder how extensive the social media training is and what it covers. They’re mainly young lads we all make decisions that have unintended/unforeseen consequences. But ultimately actions speak louder than words. Let’s see what he can do going fwd on the park that’s the most relevant thing.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Do we get too fixated with social media?
    Fakery, wind-ups, trolls.
    There’s a whole lot of noise out there.
    I read some wheee “how do you know you’re statement/idea is wrong ? Just put it up on the internet and wait.’
    I wonder how extensive the social media training is and what it covers. They’re mainly young lads we all make decisions that have unintended/unforeseen consequences. But ultimately actions speak louder than words. Let’s see what he can do going fwd on the park that’s the most relevant thing.
    I've actually just got rid of Twitter and got rid of Facebook some time ago. Found it hard not to bite at some of the nonsence spouted. Can't stand social media (hibs.net not included 😉)

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Gets my support as long as he pulls on the famous green and white and continues to give us 100 % on the park or until the club tell us differently