hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fwiw I don't think he'll ever make it at the hun.
    He's a 'winger' without a trick to beat a man, zero pace and (from what I've seen so far) a non existent final ball.

*This may be partly due to the dross he's along side but I doubt it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did he ever actually have any Hibernian related "stuff" on his social media?
    And who was the someone you saw suggesting the Hun were recalling him?
    Sounds pure shi'ite to me.
    Definitely had a few Hibs pictures up on Instagram and a Hibs profile pic ..none there now

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Fwiw I don't think he'll ever make it at the hun.
    He's a 'winger' without a trick to beat a man, zero pace and (from what I've seen so far) a non existent final ball.

*This may be partly due to the dross he's along side but I doubt it.
    The laddie won't make it as a winger, but he could quite easily be converted into a pretty good attacking midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    The laddie won't make it as a winger, but he could quite easily be converted into a pretty good attacking midfielder.
    I'd been wondering if he might be worth a shot up front, getting onto some of Doidge's flicks?

Rather play one of our youngsters than him. Hes looked poor.

I hope he's not going back there in the belief that he'll get first team football any time soon.

He's well down the pecking order at Sevco.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I hope he's not going back there in the belief that he'll get first team football any time soon.

He's well down the pecking order at Sevco.
    Not sure he’ll be as high as that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    Rather play one of our youngsters than him. Hes looked poor.
    Was never going to be the type we need. I didnt want it only accepting after it was clearly going to happen. I dont know who we play wide but even though its not Fraser Murrays position I thought he should play before G M. Not meaning to be bias but GM better than FM I dont think so . At worst they r equal.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Definitely had a few Hibs pictures up on Instagram and a Hibs profile pic ..none there now
    Ok, thanks for the reply. I don't follow social media that closely (hence my original query).

The earlier poster is bang on, where the **** is Fraser Murray? Aside from Porteous he is our biggest talent and has stepped up every time he's played this season.

Absolute disgrace that he's not being given game time, what happened to our club identity of developing young players and giving them a platform to shine when they show they've got it.

Instead we've decided to develop a player for Scotland's shame and sounds like we're paying silly money for the pleasure of doing so. What has happened to the decision making at our club recently!?

@hibs.net private member
    I was excited when we signed the lad, yet to see what all the fuss was about.

Maybe he was getting abuse from Rangers fans about having the Hibs stuff so he's removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Yeah, I could see that as a possibility.
    He's obviously got a bit of ability.

I just get the feeling he's a nearly man: not tricky or quick enough to be a winger, not sharp enough to be a penalty box striker, not strong enough to be a centre mid... Etc etc.

Don't want to sound like I'm on a mission against the guy but currently I'd file him in the Sam Stanton category of ALMOST a cracking player.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    He's just another in a long list who's been a downgrade in quality since our new manager arrived, couldnt care one way or the other if he's gone.

I like him and think he has a lot of potential.

At the end of the day he’s better than our youngsters in that position hence why we’ve brought him in.

If he’s not away, is it not a tad disrespectful of him to remove all reference to us regardless? Cause ye know, he’s putting on our shirt, and we’re paying to see him?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I like him and think he has a lot of potential.

At the end of the day he’s better than our youngsters in that position hence why we’ve brought him in.
    I’m far from convinced he’s any better than Fraser Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by KingFlo View Post
    If he’s not away, is it not a tad disrespectful of him to remove all reference to us regardless? Cause ye know, he’s putting on our shirt, and we’re paying to see him?
    How many of us were aware he had references to us on social media in the first place? Probably about 2 people.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFlo View Post
    If we had a player out on loan to Rangers how would you feel if he had their stuff all over his social media?

You’d find that disrespectful to us too no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    How many of us were aware he had references to us on social media in the first place? Probably about 2 people.
    A huge number of fans are engaged with social media. There will be plenty.

He had 'on loan at @HibernianFC' on Instagram and Twitter, both gone with just 'Rangers' remaining. As others have said, he has deleted all pictures of him playing for us. Slightly odd behaviour if he's not off, and still weird to do it before anything is announced if it is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Given it’s the 21st century, and social media is now a huge medium for players/clubs to communicate and engage with their fans, I’m willing to bet more than 2, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    If we had a player out on loan to Rangers how would you feel if he had their stuff all over his social media?

You’d find that disrespectful to us too no doubt.
    Ye know, I was just thinking the other day, that Jamie Gullan has been posting hunners of Raith Rovers tweets lately. Am pure beelin!

C’mon man! If Gullan decided to delete all the Rovers tweets and references abruptly, I’d see that as a slight on them.

Same rules apply.

As i said earlier, his twitter has been like that for a wee while now. I had noticed it myself. Dont think hes away, its to do with the huns foaming at the mouth at anything green and white. Probably cant be bothered with the **** he would inevitably get from them.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Will be a shame if true. He’s decent.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    My understanding is it would be the total we paid over the season to cover some of his wages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The fee is normally the total of the wages to be paid by club being loaned the player. It can be paid by installments. There is a refund of some the fee if the player is recalled.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Even if he stays at this point, I'll be annoyed that he's taken down his Hibs stuff and has plastered Rangers all over his profile again. Regardless of the circumstances of if Rangers have told him (erm, **** that) or if he's been getting too much abuse and decided to do it himself.

Either suspend your account for the during of the loan or better yet, just put up nutural non football pictures of yourself!

**** this Rangers picture galore, he's a Hibs player this season!

I hate the huns incase you can't tell?

3-2! 🏆

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Even if he stays at this point, I'll be annoyed that he's taken down his Hibs stuff and has plastered Rangers all over his profile again. Regardless of the circumstances of if Rangers have told him (erm, **** that) or if he's been getting too much abuse and decided to do it himself.

Either suspend your account for the during of the loan or better yet, just put up nutural non football pictures of yourself!

**** this Rangers picture galore, he's a Hibs player this season!

I hate the huns incase you can't tell?

3-2! 🏆
    John ‘HTH’ is that you?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    He’ll be cancelling his HSL next - outrageous!

I get it football is tribal. But his tribe is Rangers. He’s on loan to us even then he is free to put up what he wants on his social media account as long as it’s not bringing the club into disrepute.

Every angle gets scrutinised these days but ultimately it’s what he does for Hibs on the park. Are we not better focusing on that?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

He can only move during the window, well if he wants to play any football that is.

If he was a Hibs player I'd be wanting him to go out on loan somewhere and get a replacement in. Says it all really.