hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2020 US Open

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    It's a certainty that the line judge will sue him and the USTA over this. It is America after all

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Underneath all that 'spiritual' guff he's a nasty, arrogant tosser. Always has been.
    Couldn't agree more. The guy is a total walloper.

Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    I agree.. I’m not sure where or why there seems to be a hate fest against him.. I’ve always found him gracious and dignified in his interviews.. maybe I’ve missed something..
    I'm personally not his greatest fan but I think last night's incident was very unfortunate.

I've now seen the incident from a few games earlier in the match and the way he smacked that ball had the potential to cause far more damage than the one that struck the line judge, he was just lucky that one hit the advertising board.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Terrible way for a champion to react imo. Not had a great year to be honest with his summer tournaments when he and others caught Covid.
    He won the Australian. By anyone else's standards that's a good year.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    Vilify?

I trust you're not including me there. I merely wondered out loud that her reaction might have been a bit ... em ... contrived. Just a thought.
    Shall we look up the dictionary?

"speak or write about in an abusively disparaging manner."

You said:

"
    Bit of a Rivaldo-like reaction from the lino - no?"

I'm assuming you are referring to the time when Rivaldo took a horrendous dive after being struck by a football in the leg? So what part of that wasn't disparaging?

The woman took a tennis ball in the throat at approximately 34.4mph
    , your reaction probably says more about you than it does her.

Anyway, I'm done here. Once again, in an argument about tennis I seem to be ploughing a lone furrow. WHAT IS IT ABOUT TENNIS???

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    Shall we look up the dictionary?

"speak or write about in an abusively disparaging manner."

You said:

"
    Bit of a Rivaldo-like reaction from the lino - no?"

I'm assuming you are referring to the time when Rivaldo took a horrendous dive after being struck by a football in the leg? So what part of that wasn't disparaging?

The woman took a tennis ball in the throat at approximately 34.4mph
    , your reaction probably says more about you than it does her.

Anyway, I'm done here. Once again, in an argument about tennis I seem to be ploughing a lone furrow. WHAT IS IT ABOUT TENNIS???

Seriously! What the **** are you on about?

Go and shove your dictionary up your hole.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    I agree.. I’m not sure where or why there seems to be a hate fest against him.. I’ve always found him gracious and dignified in his interviews.. maybe I’ve missed something..
    Hate fest probably a bit strong but the Adria Tour debacle didn't do him any favours.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    Seriously! What the **** are you on about?

Go and shove your dictionary up your hole.
    Charming!

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm personally not his greatest fan but I think last night's incident was very unfortunate.

I've now seen the incident from a few games earlier in the match and the way he smacked that ball had the potential to cause far more damage than the one that struck the line judge, he was just lucky that one hit the advertising board.
    The fact that all you could hear him saying when he knew he was getting disqualified was 'She's fine...she's fine' summed him up. Totally missing the point.

The fact that all you could hear him saying when he knew he was getting disqualified was 'She's fine...she's fine' summed him up. Totally missing the point.
    I think any of the top players would have probably done the same. They don't get to where they are without being so focused that everything on the periphery does not matter.

I think Lewis Hamilton is a bit of a twat but I'm sure he uses whatever influence he and his team can bring if and when they need it.

Just one of those things.

Left by mutual consent!
    Those who have watched him fairly regularly throughout his career will know that his 'dignified' persona comes across as very contrived. However, it's his gamesmanship on court which really turns a lot of tennis fans off. He's notorious for the number of times he calls for the trainer to tend to a hitherto imperceptible 'injury' when a match looks to be on the brink of slipping away from him, thus halting his opponent's momentum. Sure, he's just using every trick in the book to win but it's distasteful nevertheless.

As a young player he was also notorious for simply giving up when losing, again claiming injury. He came across very much as a spoiled brat. Then of course, we had his miracle transformation from a guy who couldn't finish a match into this rubber-limbed multi-slam winning machine. All down to a gluten-free diet and sleeping in a 'hyperbaric chamber' apparently....

Oh, and I think I'll pass on his claim that positive emotions can purify polluted water:

https://www.eurosport.com/tennis/nov...29/story.shtml

Those who have watched him fairly regularly throughout his career will know that his 'dignified' persona comes across as very contrived. However, it's his gamesmanship on court which really turns a lot of tennis fans off. He's notorious for the number of times he calls for the trainer to tend to a hitherto imperceptible 'injury' when a match looks to be on the brink of slipping away from him, thus halting his opponent's momentum. Sure, he's just using every trick in the book to win but it's distasteful nevertheless.

As a young player he was also notorious for simply giving up when losing, again claiming injury. He came across very much as a spoiled brat. Then of course, we had his miracle transformation from a guy who couldn't finish a match into this rubber-limbed multi-slam winning machine. All down to a gluten-free diet and sleeping in a 'hyperbaric chamber' apparently....

Oh, and I think I'll pass on his claim that positive emotions can purify polluted water:

Fair points.. I remember him doing it to Murray in a Aussie open final.. fair pissed me off at the time.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Wow his views on the water really are off the scale. Very dangerous for celebrities in this social media age to pontificate their half baked myths to millions. Wonder what he thinks about five g masts and Covid.

totally agree, the man is not a good sport and I firmly believe he's been at it with his transformation from guy who couldn't last 5 sets to super human tennis machine

Interestly, around the time of Sharapova being banned for dodgy dealings, his form took a nosedive, and these was some quiet speculation that he'd been involved with similar practices, and had stepped these down, which was why his performances had dipped (all alledgedly)