hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nisbet

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Nisbet

Clearly upset with the abuse he has been getting with the goal celebration yesterday.

Can we get off his back now (I include myself in that) and support him along with the rest of the team? Put in a good shift yesterday and got a badly needed goal. Let's hope he kicks on from here.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clearly upset with the abuse he has been getting with the goal celebration yesterday.

Can we get off his back now (I include myself in that) and support him along with the rest of the team? Put in a good shift yesterday and got a badly needed goal. Let's hope he kicks on from here.
    Must be awful when players know they are getting abuse online and live .
    Some would really need to be thick skinned. Some could well be affected mentally.
    You would hope people would recognise this before spouting off abusive comments and bile.

Celebrities and sportspeople these days come in for some real bad stuff
    Not like when i were a lad !

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    It looked to me last night that it had the required affect, he worked hard, he held the ball up and passed it to a Hibs player, and to top it off he scored a goal.

I'm glad he realised supporters were not prepared to take his half arsed performances anymore, and he decided to do something about it.

Well don Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    It looked to me last night that it had the required affect, he worked hard, he held the ball up and passed it to a Hibs player, and to top it off he scored a goal.

I'm glad he realised supporters were not prepared to take his half arsed performances anymore, and he decided to do something about it.

Well don Kevin.

Fully agree with you,time to get supporting the guy.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar

How about not getting on his back in the first place and then preaching to others because he scored a goal.

Blog Entries
    I was delighted for him. Hope he kicks on now.

Same celebration as when McGuire scored against Albania.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    We've all seen the ability Kevin Nisbet has and there's no doubt he has the potential to be a top player.

I think the fans frustration is that he sometimes looks disinterested and half hearted on the pitch. For me, he needs to work harder for the team and get far more involved in games.

Playing as the 1 in a 4-5-1 is a tough gig, but it's a common formation these days and if he wants to go on to play on a bigger stage he has add much more to his game.
    Last edited by The Harp Awakes; 21-01-2022 at 03:12 PM.

He still has a bit to go but at least you could see he wanted to be on the pitch last night. Even after missing a couple of half chances he didn't let it affect him and he used the critisisim to fire him up which is all you can ask.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    How about not getting on his back in the first place and then preaching to others because he scored a goal.
    If qe don't perform at work our bosses are not shy to tell us...he can deal with it tbh

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    If qe don't perform at work our bosses are not shy to tell us...he can deal with it tbh
    We're not his bosses. Imagine if a whole bunch of random folk appeared at your work and not only were they critical of your work but they also started to shout personal stuff and call you all sorts of things. I'm sure his real bosses have had words with him, but like at my work that will be kept between them
    Anyway, well do e last night Kevin. Played well, worked hard and scored the winning goal

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I was delighted for him. Hope he kicks on now.
    Me too.

I agree with you that, whilst I've been critical of him in here, I'm right behind him if he's onboard with what we want to do.

As a side note, I don't think we need to imply that fans discussing players on a football forum (good and bad) is having some kind of direct impact on the players. Twitter and Facebook or any weirdos directly messaging him is a whole other story.... but he would need to go searching for stuff if he was looking on here for example.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    We're not his bosses. Imagine if a whole bunch of random folk appeared at your work and not only were they critical of your work but they also started to shout personal stuff and call you all sorts of things. I'm sure his real bosses have had words with him, but like at my work that will be kept between them
    Anyway, well do e last night Kevin. Played well, worked hard and scored the winning goal
    U make out like fans are baying for his blood outside ER every week.. hes had a bit of stick online which he can easily ignore if he chooses too...he missed a sitter on Monday and again last night before his goal he's not immune to criticism. If he uses that to fire himself up then great but qe need to see it on a far more regular basis from him than the last 12 months that's for certain

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well don Kevin.
    Or his managers faith in him had the desired effect.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    U make out like fans are baying for his blood outside ER every week.. hes had a bit of stick online which he can easily ignore if he chooses too...he missed a sitter on Monday and again last night before his goal he's not immune to criticism. If he uses that to fire himself up then great but qe need to see it on a far more regular basis from him than the last 12 months that's for certain
    you make it sound oh so simple….

Does your boss boo you and talk about you on social media?

Well don Kevin.
    Holy ****.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    We are not his boss but we are in effect his customers, and if you don’t live up to your customers expectations then you can expect to hear about it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Or his managers faith in him had the desired effect.
    I doubt it, the last manager had faith in him and he let him down too.

Coaching Staff

Folks really need to give the boy a break, some of the abuse he has suffered is beyond the pale.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Folks really need to give the boy a break, some of the abuse he has suffered is beyond the pale.
    I agree. My son was sitting behind the dugout yesterday and a nearby woman was shouting at him as he was getting stripped that he shouldn't be going on. That's just mental imo

First Team Breakthrough
    Play for the club like you care and the rest will take care of itself.

Martin Boyle and John McGinn did and it has done them no harm.

Played well when he came on last night and the tracking back to tackle Fyvie was immense. Keep up that work rate 👏🏻

First Team Regular newmarket_hibbee's Avatar
    One game or one goal will not change my tune. Lets talk in a few weeks. Those players are used to receiving stick from fans, we have all heard the abuse they receive, every week, even songs about them, at least on the net they can ignore. So no, jury is still out, ask me again next month.....and yes I do live overseas, but I do subscribe to HibsTV, so as a customer I have the right to call it as I see it.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarket_hibbee View Post
    One game or one goal will not change my tune. Lets talk in a few weeks. Those players are used to receiving stick from fans, we have all heard the abuse they receive, every week, even songs about them, at least on the net they can ignore. So no, jury is still out, ask me again next month.....and yes I do live overseas, but I do subscribe to HibsTV, so as a customer I have the right to call it as I see it.
    Well good for you.

I doubt it, the last manager had faith in him and he let him down too.
    Hes been getting abuse for a while too. If you're logic worked, by god we'd have some team.

Maybe just a good footballer had a good game, not for the first time recently either.

3 million pound Boyle has 1 goal in 13 league games.

Nisbet has 4 in that time.

Maybe Kev isn't the big problem.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Hes been getting abuse for a while too. If you're logic worked, by god we'd have some team.

Maybe just a good footballer had a good game, not for the first time recently either.

3 million pound Boyle has 1 goal in 13 league games.

Nisbet has 4 in that time.

Maybe Kev isn't the big problem.
    A hat-trick against Der Hun takes Boyler to four and very good it was too

Edit

Boyle has scored 14 :28 this season Nisbet 8 :28 in all competitive games
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 21-01-2022 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    A hat-trick against Der Hun takes Boyler to four and very good it was too

Edit

Boyle has scored 14 this season Nisbet 8 in all competitive games
    I clearly mentioned league matches. Our form in cups hasn't been up for debate this season, league form has.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I clearly mentioned league matches. Our form in cups hasn't been up for debate this season, league form has.
    I get that

Interesting that they have both played 28 games in total this season

Lies damned lies and statistics

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    I get that

Interesting that they have both played 28 games in total this season

Lies damned lies and statistics
    Without penalties, its 8 goals each. Now thats an interesting statistic. Maybe if Kev took pens, he'd be away for 3 million