hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From BBC 5 LIVE:

BBC Sport at Melbourne Park

"Sad to report the cringiest cheer in Premier League football has arrived at Melbourne Park.

Hearing what you think are boos on the 5 Live comms? Nope, pretty sure they are 'Siuuuuus'.

That's the thing Cristiano Ronaldo shouts - with 75,000 Manchester United fans joining in - when he scores."

I have no idea what this is all about and I hope to hell it stops pronto. Murray even had a go at them in his speech.
    What is this siuss? They should have been kicked out. Was happening at key moments in 5th set also. Assumed it was serbs

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    What is this siuss? They should have been kicked out. Was happening at key moments in 5th set also. Assumed it was serbs
    It's Ronaldo's celebration when he scores a goal. It apparently means "yes" in Spanish.

Kyrgios wins in straight sets, far too good for Broady.

Impressive win for Dan Evans earlier, straight sets over David Goffin.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Raducanu just bageled Sloane Stephens in the first set

I know Stephens hasn't played for a bit, but is Raducanu the most inconsistent tennis player ever?

Raducanu wins the opening set 6-0, I must admit I did not expect that!

Stephens eventually breaks serve at the start of the second set on her fifth break point.

Raducanu breaks back - 2-2.

Stephens breaks again - 3-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Kyrgios two sets up v Broady - seems to be a match being played in the right spirit.

On the other hand this booing/siuuuuing or whatever it is, is really irritating and needs binned.
    I know folk don’t like Kyrgios but I love watching him. Unpredictable, an outstanding player on his day and great entertainment.

Stephens breaks again - 5-2 second set.

I must admit that this is what I had feared before the match started.

Big third set coming up for Raducanu.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I know folk don’t like Kyrgios but I love watching him. Unpredictable, an outstanding player on his day and great entertainment.
    He can provide good entertainment and certainly says what he thinks off court. I don't always like him and don't agree with some of his antics but there's never a dull moment with him!

I enjoyed the match today.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by McSwanky View Post
    Raducanu just bageled Sloane Stephens in the first set

I know Stephens hasn't played for a bit, but is Raducanu the most inconsistent tennis player ever?
    Think we can only judge that at end of her career! Shes barely started (despite her incredible win in September!)

Stephens breaks again - 5-2 second set.

I must admit that this is what I had feared before the match started.

Big third set coming up for Raducanu.
    I was worried how her bout of Covid would affect her, 3 sets against a tough albeit undercooked opponent isn't going to help.

He can provide good entertainment and certainly says what he thinks off court. I don't always like him and don't agree with some of his antics but there's never a dull moment with him!

I enjoyed the match today.
    I think every sport needs characters who don’t just go through the same motions. He reminds me a bit of Ronnie O’Sullivan. He obviously hasn’t done as much but has all the ability in the world and is quite refreshing with his opinions. He gets quite close to the line often, but don’t particularly think he goes over it.

Raducanu breaks at the start of the third set - 2-0!

Raducanu breaks at the start of the third set - 2-0!
    Interesting match. Plenty decent plays, plenty mistakes. Don’t think it’s finished yet.

Raducanu wins 6-0 2-6 6-1.

Bit of a topsy turvy match to say the least but a great win for Raducanu after a difficult last few months following her US Open title.

Raducanu wins 6-0 2-6 6-1.

Bit of a topsy turvy match to say the least but a great win for Raducanu after a difficult last few months following her US Open title.
    Guessing she’ll be a NAP to get into the top 10 based on the fact she has no ranking points to defend the first half of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Guessing she’ll be a NAP to get into the top 10 based on the fact she has no ranking points to defend the first half of the year?
    Another couple of wins at the Australian Open should easily see her into the top 10.

She only really has serious points to defend from last year at Wimbledon and the US Open.
    Last edited by Sir David Gray; 18-01-2022 at 11:02 PM.

Another straight sets win for Nadal. Not faced any serious opposition yet but he's looking really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Another straight sets win for Nadal. Not faced any serious opposition yet but he's looking really strong.
    Assuming Murray won't go all the way I really hope Nadal can do it.

Bit of a kinder schedule for UK based Andy Murray fans tomorrow - he's due on around 6:30am GMT.

Assuming Murray won't go all the way I really hope Nadal can do it.
    It would be asking a lot of Nadal after a five-month lay-off but he's got the stuff of champions in him when it comes to handling the pressure, which might just prove key against the younger hopefuls. Same with Andy Murray, you could see yesterday that he just had that extra level of experience when the pressure was on. Nadal's had plenty of injury issues to contend with himself but nothing on the level of Murray's metal hip and like you I hope he has enough in the tank to go all the way. I think getting through the first week would be privately regarded as a successful tournament for Andy (even though in his never-say-die mind he probably still thinks he can win it!).

Dan Evans progresses to round three after his opponent, Arthur Rinderknech, withdraws with a wrist injury.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Murray game has started early in case anyone didn’t realise.

Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    Murray game has started early in case anyone didn’t realise.
    Think it was a wee bit late, it was due to start at 6:30am.

Murray broken in a mammoth third game - 2-1 Daniel.

Murray breaks back - 3-3.