hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Doidge

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If his preference is one up front what is the logic in signing a striker who isn’t suited to the role ?
    Good point. If this was the case I’d suggest he should have gone for Shankland rather than Doidge.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    Good point. If this was the case I’d suggest he should have gone for Shankland rather than Doidge.
    100% should’ve went for shankland over doidge. Could’ve signed him on a free and offered him a decent wage with the 250-300k we spent on doidge

Left by mutual consent!
    If this had been a full team of new signings Doidge would be further down my list of concerns. A few of our players have a history here that buys them crap performances the new guys don't.

That was disgraceful on Saturday from folk who should know a lot better.

Still can't get my head around the fact we have paid £300k for this guy.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    Still can't get my head around the fact we have paid £300k for this guy.

Won't make you feel any better that we paid £350k.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Here is one that can be book marked - I think Doidge will come good and be a big player for us.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Whatever happened to giving folk a chance?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Here is one that can be book marked - I think Doidge will come good and be a big player for us.
    Yes have book marked. A player who failed in his 17 appearances at the third tier of English football. I think he has less ability than James Collins who has at least succeeded at the third tier of English football.He is a 4th tier English league player. It is not his fault but that of the management/recruitment team. How could they imagine a player so lacking in quality could play up on his own at Ibrox against an ever improving Rangers?

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Yes have book marked. A player who failed in his 17 appearances at the third tier of English football. I think he has less ability than James Collins who has at least succeeded at the third tier of English football.He is a 4th tier English league player. It is not his fault but that of the management/recruitment team. How could they imagine a player so lacking in quality could play up on his own at Ibrox against an ever improving Rangers?
    The English Championship is the second tier, isn't it? This might help you to understand what you're talking about: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48220499

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    The English Championship is the second tier, isn't it? This might help you to understand what you're talking about: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48220499
    Thanks did not realise they had been promoted. One goal in championship indicates he is somewhere between n 3rd and 4th tier of English football. Probably the cheap option for Bolton given their financial position. But think would have been playing in struggling side with no real resources. So not really a fair benchmark.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Thanks did not realise they had been promoted. One goal in championship indicates he is somewhere between n 3rd and 4th tier of English football. Probably the cheap option for Bolton given their financial position. But think would have been playing in struggling side with no real resources. So not really a fair benchmark.
    With the situation at Bolton, it really doesn't give any kind of indication.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    He will definitely do well against the bottom 6 teams
    The jury is out on how he will get on against the other teams in the top 6.
    Time as ever will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Not buying that.
    I would be very surprised if we paid over £275k.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Time as ever will tell.
    Not sure what you are basing that on or how you can be so confident. He played against a team last week I'd expect to be bottom six, missed two sitters and hit a weak shot with his third chance.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Time as ever will tell.
    Why will he do better against the bottom six teams? The goals are the same size no matter who you’re playing and a chance to score is a chance to score. I’m fed up of making excuses for strikers who can’t score. I’m not writing him off, but I’ve seen this performance being played out too many times

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This squad reminds me so much of the James Collins and the Pat Fenlon era.
    Yes, Scott Allan, Darren McGregor, Rocky, SDG, Horgan and Kamberi deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as some of the cretins we had playing for us back then

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater here, if this squad can get motoring and playing to its potential, we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Whatever happened to giving folk a chance?
    What would be the point of that? If we did that we wouldn't be able to make 25 posts an hour saying exactly the same thing on numerous different threads.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not one person on here can tell you without doubt and factually if Doidge as of today will be a good or bad player for us. Absolutley we can have conjecture that already he doesnt look good so based on that he wont do well or he looked ok so might do well. We have played a very small amount of games to know if he or the others will do well so its unfair to right him off but equally unfair to say will do well.

I get we have gut feelings on things and seeing a player only a couple of times can make our minds up. I thought the very moment I heard colin calderwood speak we were in trouble not based on anything other than gut feeling but i have had this before and the player has worked so i have just decided to actually rate them on how they play vs a good few teams before having a go at the player. Just my thoughts.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I'm in no way convinced by the summer signings but I still think Doidge will be just fine for us. We all need to calm down a wee bit.

Unfortunately the pitchforks are out and Hibs players rarely recover when they've been marked. The only one I can think of was Lewis Stevenson and he had to win two ****ing cups to do it.

He is *****. Zero pace and control as bad as Hertardo (remember him).

He will gone by January to someone like Halifax or S****horpe.

Just after the manger.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    He is *****. Zero pace and control as bad as Hertardo (remember him).

He will gone by January to someone like Halifax or S****horpe.

Just after the manger.
    Hurtado was a goal scoring legend except he was finished by the time we signed him

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Not one person on here can tell you without doubt and factually if Doidge as of today will be a good or bad player for us. Absolutley we can have conjecture that already he doesnt look good so based on that he wont do well or he looked ok so might do well. We have played a very small amount of games to know if he or the others will do well so its unfair to right him off but equally unfair to say will do well.

I get we have gut feelings on things and seeing a player only a couple of times can make our minds up. I thought the very moment I heard colin calderwood speak we were in trouble not based on anything other than gut feeling but i have had this before and the player has worked so i have just decided to actually rate them on how they play vs a good few teams before having a go at the player. Just my thoughts.
    Exactly . Just look at Kamberi, fantastic £2M striker when he came on loan. Now a complete dud who can't buy a goal

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    First impressions aren't great, but it's very early. Hopefully he can improve when he's had chance to settle. We shouldn't be expecting every signing to hit the ground running; sometimes it takes a while. If he doesn't eventually add anything, he'll be moved on. The sad reality is that clubs on our budget can't afford players who guarantee quality; we have take a punt, which sometimes doesn't work out.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Maybe we should stop buying players who look great in their YouTube compilations.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Sam Cosgrove was absolutely dreadful for Aberdeen goal wise. He didn’t score for absolutely ages then sparked into life. They stuck by him and didn’t disregard him after a few games. I’ll give Doidge the benefit of the doubt before he is written off as *****, a waste of money and James Collins mk 2.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Sam Cosgrove was absolutely dreadful for Aberdeen goal wise. He didn’t score for absolutely ages then sparked into life. They stuck by him and didn’t disregard him after a few games. I’ll give Doidge the benefit of the doubt before he is written off as *****, a waste of money and James Collins mk 2.
    Indeed, he also missed quite a few "sitters" as well - even the utter Dons suck up Richard Gordon was laughing at him but McInnes stuck by him.

I recall that they laughed and called him a goal machine after he scored a couple in a week after weeks of nothing - but they were still writing him off as useless.

Now they are talking £3m for the guy.

Sometimes it takes time.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Good goal today.

Good calm finish. Hopefully he can kick on from here now.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Despite the goal, I thought he was garbage when he came on. All of PH’s signings are woeful.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Despite the goal, I thought he was garbage when he came on. All of PH’s signings are woeful.
    Agree. Took the goal well though. Hope he turns out a player because we are going to need it if Kamberi leaves...