Quote Originally Posted by HibeesLittleHel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Legs gone wrong side of 30 - no thanks
    Would take him in a heartbeat.

Are you being serious?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by craigiehibs View Post
    if true this puts us in our place in terms of our standing in the game. whilst my disappointment would be high indeed if true, it will pale into insignificence compared to heckys whatever he says publicly. this was to be the fulcrum oh his team and anyone else is 2nd choice at best. not much sign of ambition after all our support and the 'new dawn' under a bew owner.
    So we potentially don’t get one player and you’re saying we are lacking ambition? We have apparently shelled out a good amount of money on Doidge and James. Were also willing to pay a fee for Funso. Hecky has had most of his first choices. All of a sudden we might not get one and it’s the end of the world? Grow up

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Hecky: We’ve a fantastic stadium, 3rd largest average attendance in Scotland, new owner, our own state of the art training centre all bought and paid for. We are trying to build a team to play attacking football and bring some excitement back to our fans. You will love it here and we’ll give you 3.5k p/w, what do you think?
    Ojo: Sounds great, i’ll let you know.

McInnes: We’ll give you 4K p/w.
    Ojo: ok, where do I sign!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHibee View Post
    So we potentially don’t get one player and you’re saying we are lacking ambition? We have apparently shelled out a good amount of money on Doidge and James. Were also willing to pay a fee for Funso. Hecky has had most of his first choices. All of a sudden we might not get one and it’s the end of the world? Grow up
    First choice player joining a rival does show luck of ambition to push the boat out rightly or wrongly.

Are you saying if we beat Aberdeen to the signing it won’t be proclaimed as showing out ambition?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Guy who broke the story now changing his tune....

“Now been told Aberdeen came back in with an improved ‘couldn’t refuse’ offer for Funso Ojo who has reversed his previous decision to join Hibernian. As we’ve already seen by now though, we’ll know for sure once the ink dries on the contract. #Dons #Hibs #uti #Iron”

So it looks like it’s down to money. Aberdeen got desperate and chucked cash at him after losing out on Dylan.

If he wants to live in Aberdeen. Play dirty hoof ball under orange face Mcinnes. **** him.

I Want players who want to be here and play for Hibs

NEXT
    Last edited by NC1875; 12-07-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

“Now been told Aberdeen came back in with an improved ‘couldn’t refuse’ offer for Funso Ojo who has reversed his previous decision to join Hibernian. As we’ve already seen by now though, we’ll know for sure once the ink dries on the contract. #Dons #Hibs #uti #Iron”

So it looks like it’s down to money. Aberdeen got desperate and chucked cash at him after losing out on Dylan.
    We are desperate too and the money we have bid for him and waited for him shows this.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    First choice player joining a rival does show luck of ambition to push the boat out rightly or wrongly.

Are you saying if we beat Aberdeen to the signing it won’t be proclaimed as showing out ambition?
    Ambition has nothing to do with anything here. It’s about money. We’ve already spent a lot. If Aberdeen can afford to offer more money they can offer more money.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

Looks like he’s covering all bases so he can appear as though he knew

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    We are desperate too and the money we have bid for him and waited for him shows this.
    He was our first choice target who we had already agreed a deal with previously. Aberdeen didn’t get their first choice target and have panicked to make sure they get their second. If we can’t match their financial package then so be it. If he’s only interested in the money on offer then it’s not a big loss.

Our other signings have come here as they bought into the club and what we want to achieve.

His agent ****ing up the clause in the contract initially has cost us.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    so

NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    Hecky: We’ve a fantastic stadium, 3rd largest average attendance in Scotland, new owner, our own state of the art training centre all bought and paid for. We are trying to build a team to play attacking football and bring some excitement back to our fans. You will love it here and we’ll give you 3.5k p/w, what do you think?

McInnes: 'At the bottom where it says "No get out clause" '

Has nobody told Ojo if he goes to Aberdeen he'll be training in the park and it'll probably be peein' doon half the time?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Has nobody told Ojo if he goes to Aberdeen he'll be training in the park and it'll probably be peein' doon half the time?

extra £500/week will make up for that

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The alarm bells rung for me when I read the story of his contract disputes and refusal to train. Didn’t sound like a Hibs style personality or someone who would “get” the club like others who have come here have.
    Looked like he was the managers prime target in a position that is much needed, so that’s disappointing, but we’ll find better I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeesLittleHel View Post
    Legs gone wrong side of 30 - no thanks
    Legs gone, how do you come to that conclusion

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Aberdeen pay more in wages, nothing we can do about that at present, going forward I'd like to see us compete with them in wages but it is what it is, if he signs for us then great but if not we move on and get the 2nd choice, wont be the first time it's happened and wont be the last

Mulumbu is a decent player but he’s not a defensive midfielder. He would be in a midfield 3 with either Power, Dicker or Tshibola doing his dirty work

Coaching Staff
    Hardly - we negotiated a deal end of season, thought it was done, agent and club chairman put things out into the public domain, other clubs ignite interest and money talks.

When we are chasing priority targets in SO and MM then those players are the main focus of negotiations. Hundreds of players out there to choose from in the defensive midfielder role (now and before the window shuts).

Heckingbottom was relaxed in the presser, if we lose out on him, we move for other targets - that's football, not lack of ambition. The O'Hara link is interesting too.......we'll be very competitive v Aberdeen regardless.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHibee View Post
    Ambition has nothing to do with anything here. It’s about money. We’ve already spent a lot. If Aberdeen can afford to offer more money they can offer more money.
    More money, more ambitious. How’s it not?

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Brown View Post
    Would take him in a heartbeat.

Are you being serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Legs gone, how do you come to that conclusion

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Hardly - we negotiated a deal end of season, thought it was done, agent and club chairman put things out into the public domain, other clubs ignite interest and money talks.

When we are chasing priority targets in SO and MM then those players are the main focus of negotiations. Hundreds of players out there to choose from in the defensive midfielder role (now and before the window shuts).

Heckingbottom was relaxed in the presser, if we lose out on him, we move for other targets - that's football, not lack of ambition. The O'Hara link is interesting too.......we'll be very competitive v Aberdeen regardless.
    Hardly aye? The season begins tomorrow and our number one choice is possibly joining Aberdeen. It seems we have waited since the end of last season to sign him why? Because we are desperate to have him on board. The HC may be relaxed but let’s not pretend it’s a blow or Aberdeen are more desperate to sign a player we have waited weeks to sign because they are more desperate.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    End of the day. His club accepted 2 bids. He came and spoke to us. Now he’s going to Aberdeen to speak to them. His agent is doing his job presenting his client with all the options. Believe in hibs a f the Hecky sales pitch

Have To say, and I said it early on, a player that refuses to train and disrespects the club; do you want him at the club? I’m not saying I wouldn’t welcome Ojo if he signs but what happens when he wants his next move?

Left by mutual consent!
    He was our first choice target who we had already agreed a deal with previously. Aberdeen didn’t get their first choice target and have panicked to make sure they get their second. If we can’t match their financial package then so be it. If he’s only interested in the money on offer then it’s not a big loss.

Our other signings have come here as they bought into the club and what we want to achieve.

His agent ****ing up the clause in the contract initially has cost us.
    It is a big loss, I agree with the rest but we’ve waited weeks for a reason IF he goes there instead especially considering Aberdeen want him as their back up plan.

More money, more ambitious. How’s it not?

Club caves in to agent and pays more on a contract than they originally wanted to.Rod for their own back.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    End of the day. His club accepted 2 bids. He came and spoke to us. Now he’s going to Aberdeen to speak to them. His agent is doing his job presenting his client with all the options. Believe in hibs a f the Hecky sales pitch

Have To say, and I said it early on, a player that refuses to train and disrespects the club; do you want him at the club? I’m not saying I wouldn’t welcome Ojo if he signs but what happens when he wants his next move?
    You could be describing Scott Allan and yes I’m delighted he’s back.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post

I agree, I'm not that bothered about Ojo for that reason.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Club caves in to agent and pays more on a contract than they originally wanted to.Rod for their own back.
    While we go to the good old trusted back up plan of old? It’s Aber ****ing deen it’s not even the old firm. Are they that far ahead they can do that?

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post

This 100%. All the bull**** people talk about facilities, team vision and Edinburgh is just spin. Cold hard cash wins most of the time.
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 12-07-2019 at 05:38 PM.

My next door neighbour always goes on great holidays. This year I really fancied outdoing him so I booked a 5 star cruise round the Caribbean, I saved for years to pay for it and it cleaned me out. He's just informed me that he's booked the same cruise but he's added a week in Vegas to the end staying in a suite in a top hotel. I'm fuming he has managed to outdo me again but I just can't afford what he can.

Can someone advise how I can conjure up money that doesn't exist so I can match his ambition?