hibs.net Messageboard

Page 148 of 229 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,440 of 6846

Thread: Best tv

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this based on the random H tile she has on her kitchen wall, or do you have more intel there fella?
    Haha no, no inside info unfortunately, just a hunch.

Jed Mercurio has a way of writing these stories to take your eyes away from the main suspect and I can see it being her. Wouldn't be surprised if she married Stephen Graham to get access to Police information and then ultimately had him killed herself when she sensed he was close to going off the rails.

I think it's too obvious to be Carmichael.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Haha no, no inside info unfortunately, just a hunch.

Jed Mercurio has a way of writing these stories to take your eyes away from the main suspect and I can see it being her. Wouldn't be surprised if she married Stephen Graham to get access to Police information and then ultimately had him killed herself when she sensed he was close to going off the rails.

I think it's too obvious to be Carmichael.
    Agree about Mercurio's style, and do think there's a reason Corbyn's wife is featuring in this series. Suspect there may well be an Irish connection with the 4th man, just can't work it out. Way too many non-main suspects to pinpoint one. I literally change my mind weekly. We're probably skating on thin ice here discussing theories that could end up spoiling it. Just going to add the one I have because I cannae hold my water. There was a potential anagram last week pointing to Carmichael. Still think Kate's worth the watching, she hasn't taken a scratch in the entire series and where's her family went??

Corbyn's wife?
    Him again

I actually don’t think there is a single H. The OCG is an octopus with tentacles. Chop one off, another grows back...

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Him again

I actually don’t think there is a single H. The OCG is an octopus with tentacles. Chop one off, another grows back...
    You have got me thinking about the Hill Station, that's where Kate was originally based if I recall correctly....

Agree about Mercurio's style, and do think there's a reason Corbyn's wife is featuring in this series. Suspect there may well be an Irish connection with the 4th man, just can't work it out. Way too many non-main suspects to pinpoint one. I literally change my mind weekly. We're probably skating on thin ice here discussing theories that could end up spoiling it. Just going to add the one I have because I cannae hold my water. There was a potential anagram last week pointing to Carmichael. Still think Kate's worth the watching, she hasn't taken a scratch in the entire series and where's her family went??
    Of the 3 main characters I think the most likely to be H is Kate.

On a separate note Vicky McClure is a phenomenal actress, the standout performer on the show and there is alot of competition for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Of the 3 main characters I think the most likely to be H is Kate.

On a separate note Vicky McClure is a phenomenal actress, the standout performer on the show and there is alot of competition for that.
    Yeah she is. Anna Maxwell Martin gets my vote for LOD best female Oscar. Adrian Dunbar for best Male. Best supporting would be Ryan Pilkington's character.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Yeah she is. Anna Maxwell Martin gets my vote for LOD best female Oscar. Adrian Dunbar for best Male. Best supporting would be Ryan Pilkington's character.
    It’s insane to think the same actor has followed the series from aged 8 (I assume) to age 18 or whatever. And he’s so good, that death stare is genuinely chilling.

For me I don't think it can be Steve or Hastings. There are loads of red herrings around both, Hastings in particular, but it would be unsatisfactory in so many ways and Mercurio is a better writer than that. I feel similarly about Kate although something relatively dodgy about her has to come out. The series is brilliant in that almost every character has a grey area where they are neither wholly good or wholly bad and she has been a bit too squeaky clean throughout.

I'm not convinced by the Carmichael theory. She's a jobsworth, a careerist and will quite happily do something morally wrong if there is a promotion in it for her but she's not a criminal mastermind. They led us to believe Sindhwani could have been dodgy in the same sort of way but he turned out to be on Ted's side. Given Mercurios experience in both the military and the NHS I daresay he has met a few Carmichael senior management types in his time.

The narrative arc fits with Osbourne. It's a bit cliche but Steve arresting him a decade after the events of the 1st series would be quite satisfying. Again though I think Mercurio will try to be cleverer than that.

Corbett's wife hasn't just been dumped in this series to rehash the story about the £50K, there are a whole host of ways that could have been raised. I'm not sure if it's her but it would fit quite nicely in a lot of ways. Primarily because Hastings has been painted as a bit of a dinosaur throughout. The Masonic connections, the 'wee girl' lines, the obsession with it being a '4th man'. It would be quite interesting if he was blinded to the truth by a pretty face. It fits into the whole RUC angle and Hastings had potential links to Thurwell (who definitely isn't dead btw) from that time.

I still think there is no singular 4th person though. I keep coming back to the idea that H refers to the Hill and the network of officers who have passed through there.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

You have got me thinking about the Hill Station, that's where Kate was originally based if I recall correctly....
    Sorry HB, think I got you confused with PB who thinks the Hill is the H reference. (just read his latest very interesting theories)

Sorry HB, think I got you confused with PB who thinks the Hill is the H reference. (just read his latest very interesting theories)
    The truth is I have absolutely no idea about H

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Mercurio is a genius - he just continues to spin - most writers would have written themselves into a corner by now, but his craft is excellent.

I've started watching Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+ - really liking it so far. Super cast, decent story and some very delicate writing around themes of trauma.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    The truth is I have absolutely no idea about H
    The only thing that is certain about H is that it's the 8th letter in the alphabet.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    The only thing that is certain about H is that it's the 8th letter in the alphabet.
    ...and 4 taps on morse code. Carmichael done it with her pen last night while interviewing Kelly MacDonald's character

I don't think James Nesbitt/Thurwell is dead and he'll make a surprise guest appearance and be revealed as H in the finale.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I think we've got another series yet.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I don't think James Nesbitt/Thurwell is dead and he'll make a surprise guest appearance and be revealed as H in the finale.
    Aye, makes no sense to show a high profile actor's photo and not have him appear when they could have used some unknown actor. He's part of the Irish link in the story imo, nae idea where it fits in the plot though.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    He was definately the lead in the Spanish raid on his he home. No way is he dead

Could he also be Jo's "dad"!?

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    I think we've got another series yet.
    I'm OK with another series, but there needs to be some serious answers in the finale first

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    I'm OK with another series, but there needs to be some serious answers in the finale first
    Agreed. There needs to be some form of closure on this series.

I can't see James Nesbits character being H. I don't think he's been in the show at all up till now? It would be a bit of a letdown if it's a character we've never seen previously is the main villain.

With these things I always think it tends to be someone who has been in the show enough to make them memorable but not a main character to make it too obvious. That leaves :

Corbett's wife
    Andrea Wise
    Chloe

Can't remember the characters name but the Inspector that Steve obviously had a fling with previously and he was going to potentially join her team and leave AC-12. There seems to be no actual point in her being in the show at all at the moment so I think she is an outsider.

As Pretty Boy pointed out Hastings continually saying "tell us the 4th man" and emphasizing the man makes me think it's actually a woman.

I would actually love it if it was Kate, purely because I think Vicky McClure would be able to flip that character brilliantly.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 26-04-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Ask Alexa who H is.... you won’t be disappointed.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Jed Mercurio said a while back that '7 series was enough'. He also said if people keep watching then he would keep writing. With the viewer figures going through the roof the BBC will want another series. I think we will get one more. There is no way every loose end can be wrapped up in an hour.

Trailer for the final episode has dropped if you haven't seen it yet:

https://youtu.be/1nHe3Weueog
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    That’s brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Guessing Ian Watkins?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    He was definately the lead in the Spanish raid on his he home. No way is he dead

Could he also be Jo's "dad"!?

That’s what I think too.

Why did Steve not tell Kate about Jo's parentage?

When she asked about the interview he said she didn't tell them anything about her family. That was an odd thing for him to keep back.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    We've still got the outcome of Steve's impending suspension to come as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    We've still got the outcome of Steve's impending suspension to come as well.
    'How would that fit with the plot, thought it was health related due to not attending his Occ Health appts?

I’ve been enjoying the Obsessed with Line of Duty podcast, Craig Parkinson who was the caddy in series 1-3 does it very well. He made me laugh last week revealing that he can’t go down to the supermarket anymore without strangers shouting ‘ya bent *******!’ at him like young Ryan used to