hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    I don’t trust these figures. I’m away over to BroraBack to find out when Ron the Con is selling the club for flats, they know everything over there

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=Irish_Steve;6506659]I don’t trust these figures. I’m away over to BroraBack to find out when Ron the Con is selling the club for flats, they know everything over there[/QUOTE

I have heard that he is building himself a luxury castle on top of the training centre. It will be so big it can be seen from the Tynecastle Castle View suite.

All on our money.

Pretty good position we're in all things considered

Figures not surprising. Participation in Europe next season should turn the finances around.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We’ll have ppv money included in those figures, hopefully that will have helped offset some of the losses.
    We also had some commercial activity with Utilita, Avast and Eden Mill among others

Left by mutual consent!
    3rd is critical for a number of reasons, European football and creating a feel good factor for renewal of season tickets.

The accounts this time next year are likely to be worse. There is a good chance Nisbet and Porteous are sold. Should the club have tried to get Marciano under a contract last summer with a view to getting a transfer fee? We need a main shirt sponsor after two years of not having one. I also wonder the value of having so many ageing players under contract. Gray and Stevenson in particular.

That's not bad at all. We'll be one of the best positioned clubs in Scotland, as well as much of England's lower leagues I'd imagine.

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=PatHead;6506672]
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    I don’t trust these figures. I’m away over to BroraBack to find out when Ron the Con is selling the club for flats, they know everything over there[/QUOTE

I have heard that he is building himself a luxury castle on top of the training centre. It will be so big it can be seen from the Tynecastle Castle View suite.

All on our money.
    It will be the only castle you’ll be able to see from that suite

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    3rd is critical for a number of reasons, European football and creating a feel good factor for renewal of season tickets.

The accounts this time next year are likely to be worse. There is a good chance Nisbet and Porteous are sold. Should the club have tried to get Marciano under a contract last summer with a view to getting a transfer fee? We need a main shirt sponsor after two years of not having one. I also wonder the value of having so many ageing players under contract. Gray and Stevenson in particular.

The club by now will have a price structure for next seasons, season tickets but does anyone have any idea how much. I really hope we are in a position to hold on to Nizzy and Porto especially if we do qualify for Europa League. I also have mixed feelings about the situation with Murray Johnson and Ethan Laidlaw. I know the club could earn a lot of money for unproven talent but could they become more valuable assets if they stay. Both are not that much younger than Josh Doig

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post

If Nisbet and Porteous had been sold in January for the figures quoted that would have wiped out losses this financial year. That may indicate that Ron and the board feel that the clubs finances are still sound.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    I wonder how the cash position looks now.
    This left the Club’s cash balance at £2.6m as of 31 December 2020....gives you a pretty decent idea

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    It just highlights to me how well the club has been run and how healthy our financial position was going into this pandemic.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    It just highlights to me how well the club has been run and how healthy our financial position was going into this pandemic.
    I agree with you and whilst I have not studied the accounts in detail yet my initial thought is how important the HSL contributions are and I hope the people running HSL will have a big push to maximise these contributions. In addition now may be the time for the board to launch a rights issue to raise much needed working capital for the business

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    Hibs are in a relatively strong position but I cannot get my head round Abwrdeen having a turnover over 50% higher than us. No wonder they performed much better then us over the last decade
    That’s what consistency of European football gives you.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    That’s what consistency of European football gives you.
    I think Andy74's point earlier is relevant as well, which takes into account what's included in turnover v what's in profit.

You're right though - regularly competing in Europe would be hugely beneficial financially. We definitely need to get there and stay there.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    I agree with you and whilst I have not studied the accounts in detail yet my initial thought is how important the HSL contributions are and I hope the people running HSL will have a big push to maximise these contributions. In addition now may be the time for the board to launch a rights issue to raise much needed working capital for the business
    Not sure if I like that idea.

The only person who could afford anything substantial would be Ron, and that would just increase his percentage holding, and reduce that of the fans.

I'm not sure even he would like his money locked in to shares. He would probably prefer any injection to be in the form of a loan, so that he could extract it more easily.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Not sure if I like that idea.

The only person who could afford anything substantial would be Ron, and that would just increase his percentage holding, and reduce that of the fans.

I'm not sure even he would like his money locked in to shares. He would probably prefer any injection to be in the form of a loan, so that he could extract it more easily.
    Given that the club has borrowed in excess of £1.8m in a 20 year loan from the government albeit interest free I really believe raising the share capital would be a better idea rather than borrowing additional funds. I would hope HSL would be in a position to invest further funds along with those of us who are in a position to purchase more shares

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Given that the club has borrowed in excess of £1.8m in a 20 year loan from the government albeit interest free I really believe raising the share capital would be a better idea rather than borrowing additional funds. I would hope HSL would be in a position to invest further funds along with those of us who are in a position to purchase more shares
    I meant a loan from him. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I meant a loan from him. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    As someone who borrowed large sums of money in work through the money markets I really think it would be advantageous to raise money by shares as if you think about how long it took for us to become debt free

@hibs.net private member
    The £1.8 million loan of interest free over 20 years is a no brainer. Take it whilst it’s on offer, use it if needed and pay back if not. You’ll never get a better loan offer than that. Even if it is fully utilised then it’s £90,000 per year- £7500 per month, peanuts for hibs.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    The £1.8 million loan of interest free over 20 years is a no brainer. Take it whilst it’s on offer, use it if needed and pay back if not. You’ll never get a better loan offer than that. Even if it is fully utilised then it’s £90,000 per year- £7500 per month, peanuts for hibs.
    Off course it was no brainer but do we really want to get into servicing more debt which would not be interest free in addition to the £1.8m

Off course it was no brainer but do we really want to get into servicing more debt which would not be interest free in addition to the £1.8m
    If it’s a case of ensuring our club strives through this horrible period? Absolutely. Not all debt is bad. I’d rather have some debt but be clearing far more money going forward league positions and European runs, meaning we are paying debt back and making shed loads on top, than having no debt but turning over next to nothing because we are still cutting our cloth accordingly after this period.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    If it’s a case of ensuring our club strives through this horrible period? Absolutely. Not all debt is bad. I’d rather have some debt but be clearing far more money going forward league positions and European runs, meaning we are paying debt back and making shed loads on top, than having no debt but turning over next to nothing because we are still cutting our cloth accordingly after this period.
    Sam I am not advocating cutting our cloth what I am suggesting is a means to raising working capital for the business without additional interest costs which should free up more funds for improving the playing staff

Reinforces the incredible job done by the club on and off the pitch this season. Cannot give them enough credit.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Yup, a lot of small businesses are doing exactly that.

It’s literally free money.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Yup, a lot of small businesses are doing exactly that.

It’s literally free money.
    What if they go bust?

Sam I am not advocating cutting our cloth what I am suggesting is a means to raising working capital for the business without additional interest costs which should free up more funds for improving the playing staff
    By doing what? Diluting Ron’s holding in the club, which we know isn’t an option just now, nor should it be considering the investment he has made since taking over.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Was that separate form the CBIL scheme?

The CBILS are only interest free for 1 year. Then it varies depending on the lender.

Not that I think it makes much difference to the overall points.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    What if they go bust?
    It’s a 100% government backed loan to a max of £50k for small businesses and up to 80% covered for larger loans of up to £5m for larger businesses.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    By doing what? Diluting Ron’s holding in the club, which we know isn’t an option just now, nor should it be considering the investment he has made since taking over.
    re Under a rights issue Ron's share holding would not be diluted if he took up his rights when he arrived he said he wanted to grow the business and it may be that he along with others may have to put more money into shares to acheive that aim.