hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atmosphere

Atmosphere

Is it just me or is the atmosphere at Easter road these days just so flat. I was sitting in the east tonight and there was such a lack of singing and general atmosphere created. I understand there wasn’t a great deal to cheer about tonight but you just had to look at the away end and they were noisy all night

2. Log in to remove the advert

That's the quietest I've heard a Rangers away support in years.

@hibs.net private member
    Was a pretty poor home support as well tbf. FF looked deserted.

It’s lost it’s buzz since the Lennon days for sure. I wish we could make ER a fortress but it’s a long way away.

Nothing to do with the results and football at all some will tell you

Performances on the pitch dictate the noise from the stands. Has always been the case. It's all a bit meh atm unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the quietest I've heard a Rangers away support in years.
    I can only assume you’re in an area of the stadium where the sound doesn’t carry well because the noise they made was unbelievable. I hate to admit it but they were really loud all game. I’m in the west lower up near the away end and they were the noisiest away fans this season.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I can only assume you’re in an area of the stadium where the sound doesn’t carry well because the noise they made was unbelievable. I hate to admit it but they were really loud all game. I’m in the west lower up near the away end and they were the noisiest away fans this season.
    I agree, I am West Upper at the same end - shame so many of their songs are about hating catholics or the IRA though......................tossers.

I was right next to them. There was spells when they were completely silent.

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    The singing section should be in the FF lower or middle of the East.

That said, while Rangers fans were quite loud you tend to find away supporters are more up for it when it comes to singing and making noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    I was right next to them. There was spells when they were completely silent.
    The noise did die down for a spell but when they got going it was pretty loud.

United we stand here....

I noticed there were times when songs would start and fade out before they got started. It shouldn’t take for the team to nearly score or score for the crowd to get going. It would be great if going to Easter road was like a real event/party. I think I’m just a bit deflated after seeing a rangers team that were really there for the taking tonight and we went out with a bit of a damp squib

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy75 View Post
    The singing section should be in the FF lower or middle of the East.

That said, while Rangers fans were quite loud you tend to find away supporters are more up for it when it comes to singing and making noise.
    we’ll still be having the FF lower debate ten years from now because nothing will have changed sadly.

and yeah, tbh away fans should always be louder than the home support.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I agree, I am West Upper at the same end - shame so many of their songs are about hating catholics or the IRA though......................tossers.
    The bit I don’t understand and never will is why they do it. They had loads of other songs, some of which were really clever, the abba one is still going round my head. Why do they need to sing about all that pish.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    we’ll still be having the FF lower debate ten years from now because nothing will have changed sadly.

and yeah, tbh away fans should always be louder than the home support.
    I genuinely don’t think we will, I think there will be a change for next season. Having that end so empty every week isn’t to anyones benefit and the new guy seems receptive to new ideas. Fingers crossed.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I think it all comes down to how things are going on the park & how we’re playing.

I’m not turning this into a JR bashing thread, well it’s not my intention, but I think if hibs are playing entertaining football and getting wins along with it, fans will turn up and the atmosphere will be better naturally. There’s obviously going to be other factors at play just now with coronavirus still a concern & i think the pricing is completely OTT for walk ups whilst understanding the need for ST holders getting their values worth.

In saying that, I think of the Lennon days at ER for the bigger games and I’m hard pushed to think of a time when the fans got behind the team more than they did then. In my lifetime anyway.
    Last edited by Stuart93; 01-12-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    The attendances must be concerning for the owner, board. Stands half empty..maybe time to look again at pricing? Home games are like a morgue.

Other than that we never really play as well at home as we do away. I don't agree that we're dull to watch but plenty seem to hold that opinion and are finding reasons not to go to ER.
    Last edited by The Captain....; 01-12-2021 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I think it all comes down to how things are going on the park & how we’re playing.

I’m not turning this into a JR bashing thread, well it’s not my intention, but I think if hibs are playing entertaining football and getting wins along with it, fans will turn up and the atmosphere will be better naturally.

In saying that, I think of the Lennon days at ER for the bigger games and I’m hard pushed to think of a time when the fans got behind the team more than they did then. In my lifetime anyway.
    I think one of the main problems are that most of our best performances seem to come away from home.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I genuinely don’t think we will, I think there will be a change for next season. Having that end so empty every week isn’t to anyones benefit and the new guy seems receptive to new ideas. Fingers crossed.
    I really hope you’re right. It needs to be sorted. Ridiculous that our home end is deserted for every game when we have a singing section that would be perfect for it.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I think one of the main problems are that most of our best performances seem to come away from home.
    Aye that’s it. I also think the atmosphere at an away day is naturally better for most teams.

Like another poster has said, we need to improve on our record at home

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    I really hope you’re right. It needs to be sorted. Ridiculous that our home end is deserted for every game when we have a singing section that would be perfect for it.
    Agreed. Something needs to change as it’s really poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Aye that’s it. I also think the atmosphere at an away day is naturally better for most teams.

Like another poster has said, we need to improve on our record at home
    Absolute. We got away with having an average home record last season as there wasn’t any fans, but it needs to improve now the fans are back. I wouldn’t criticise him for tonight as I thought we got the tactics right, but against the lesser teams he needs to have a more attacking frame of mind.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Was a pretty poor home support as well tbf. FF looked deserted.
    Home support was *****.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Hibs support was very quiet tonight. A couple of bursts but largely quiet. Rangers support was what a Rangers away support is.

Even allowing for the fact away supports are generally more raucous than their home counterparts I think it's fair to say something is missing at ER currently. Both in terms of numbers and atmosphere from those who are there.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Nothing to do with the results and football at all some will tell you
    Negative ****ers like you really need to give it a rest if you've not got anything worthwhile to add.

How was the result and football at Hampden for you the other week?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Hibs support was very quiet tonight. A couple of bursts but largely quiet. Rangers support was what a Rangers away support is.

Even allowing for the fact away supports are generally more raucous than their home counterparts I think it's fair to say something is missing at ER currently. Both in terms of numbers and atmosphere from those who are there.
    The numbers thing is definitely an issue. It’s quite dispiriting when you walk in to the ground and see the number of empty seats for a big game like that. Number of season ticket seats next to me empty again.

If you move the singing section to FF lower you just move the empty seats elsewhere, probably increasing them in number. Family section is always going to have absent ST holders for midweek ***ture against them.

@hibs.net private member
    Pricing definitely an issue however what’s more concerning is the volume of season ticket holders who are staying away

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    If you move the singing section to FF lower you just move the empty seats elsewhere, probably increasing them in number. Family section is always going to have absent ST holders for midweek ***ture against them.
    That’s true but it won’t be as visible. Personally I’d have it in the south and give priority tickets for category A games in other parts of the stadium. If people don’t want to attend big games against certain teams they won’t have to as their season ticket wouldn’t cover those games.

United we stand here....

£35 a ticket. Hibs need to realise that getting more bums on seats with lower pricing generates an atmosphere that can actually help the team