hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    A text service is ideal way to report extreme behaviour. Daft stuff will obviously be ignored.

If reporting criminal behaviour makes you a grass then so be it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The hatred of the board and Leeann by some posters on here is quite incredible, who did you aim your seethe at before Leeann came here, obviously Petrie was your pantomime villain for that purpose but now that Leeann is in the spotlight, she gets to receive all the vile filled hateful posts on here and other media. There are times I truly wonder if some on here and elsewhere re really Hibs fans at all, if you are then I feel this isn't the last we've seen of eejits with flares and Buckie bottles.
    Genuinely bewildering. No idea what the issue is IMO. She has done a brilliant job in the main and contines to do so. Maybe yam trolls or hibees that hate themselves.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Genuinely bewildering. No idea what the issue is IMO. She has done a brilliant job in the main and contines to do so. Maybe yam trolls or hibees that hate themselves.
    Leeann has been excellent for Hibs. I genuinely think she’s the best football chief exec in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Slightly different, but I guess you know that already and just looking for a reaction, which you got I suppose!!
    I don't see why it's different? They're set off near a ground on the way to a football game, just as this one was seemingly.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    I don't see why it's different? They're set off near a ground on the way to a football game, just as this one was seemingly.
    It’s with no intention to take into the ground though. A difference

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    Not according to Leann
    Those are two different incidents

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    You really dont see the difference between the 2, well there's probably not much point debating it then

Quote Originally Posted by leith_hibs View Post
    Tell me about it!

I totally understand if violence is involved however, IMO setting of a flare, drinking on the streets, smoking weed, shouting verbals at opposing fans it is now going OTT.

The fact of the matter is you will never rid these sort of things in football because we have an unjust approach which stems from the powers that organise football. It’s very simple. No matter what club it is have strict laws for example, set off flares or, throw objects or, any sectarian singing in the ground next home game is played behind closed doors, if it happens again the club receive points deductions.

If it is away fans that do this then blanket ban, that away team responsible has their fans banned from their next away game and like above if it happens again points deduction.

So in theory, the Hibs v The Rangers game should have been played behind doors, if it is felt that that is to soon then the Motherwell game should be played behind closed doors. Sooner or, later if will be rooted out. It would also mean that The Rangers fans would have been banned following them throwing seating at Aberdeen fans.

If people want rid of this sort of behaviour from these grounds a hard line approach has to be taken from the top, not left to individual clubs whom allow their fans to do one thing while another club does another. Just doesnae make sense allowing clubs to sort it. FUBAR.
    Drinking on the street and smoking weed in the presence of the polis in any circumstances would be decidedly unwise. Agree with the top down approach that is now needed. Short term pain for long term gain.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    You really dont see the difference between the 2, well there's probably not much point debating it then
    If you want to explain the difference without being condescending, then I'm all ears.

Hibs supporters set off flares and smokebombs under the railway bridge during the march that can't be more than about 400 yards away from the away end at Tynecastle. I don't see the difference between that and what's been described by Dempster in her statement.

For what it's worth, smokebombs and flares are demonstrably fine and in about 20 years time people will look back at the current moral panic about them and laugh.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I've read some rubbish on here lately, but this is up there with best.
    Couldn't agree more Lago

^^ Which part?

Police whinging about cuts but can have a dozen polis lined up searching buses for beer is a fact.

ER is a morgue outwith games versus Rangers or Hearts thats also a fact.

J-C wrote...
    The hatred of the board and Leeann by some posters on here is quite incredible, who did you aim your seethe at before Leeann came here, obviously Petrie was your pantomime villain for that purpose but now that Leeann is in the spotlight, she gets to receive all the vile filled hateful posts on here and other media. There are times I truly wonder if some on here and elsewhere re really Hibs fans at all, if you are then I feel this isn't the last we've seen of eejits with flares and Buckie bottles.
    What hatred on here?

I'm not fussed either way about LD. She's done some good i'll accept that but let's not kid ourselves on she's some kind of messiah. She's probably one of the highest paid at ER! She's made a few balls up's along the way which you can't seem to mention on here without the Hibs.Net Board Fan Club kicking off.

Anyway...

-3 seasons in the championship
    -Allowed the Record to print utter pish after the Cup Final which went unchallenged
    -Gave the Record exclusive behind the scenes footage at EM after the above
    -Made a noel hunt of the loyalty points system
    -If you believe some press allowed our last manager to walk away with a full pay-off
    -Banned the singing section and other fans from trying a new singing section in the FF lower
    -The joint statement with Anne Budget after the Halloween massacre
    -Happy to out Hibs fans and ban them but rewarded the biggest bunch of ******** supporters in the country with an increased allocation despite them singing about fenians for 90 minutes
    Last edited by Antifa Hibs; 14-03-2019 at 04:17 PM.

For what it's worth, smokebombs and flares are demonstrably fine and in about 20 years time people will look back at the current moral panic about them and laugh.
    No they are not demonstrably fine. It's not a moral panic it's a question of fact and law.

The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985.
    It is on offence for a person to enter or attempt to enter a football ground while in possession of a flare, smoke bomb or firework. The sentence for these offences can be as much as three months in prison, and in many cases, fans who have no previous convictions are being given prison sentences for attempting to enter a football ground with a smoke bomb in their pocket as the courts take these offences very seriously.
    There are two different offences (1) possession in the football ground; and (2) possession while attempting to enter. Although logically, attempting to enter a football ground seems to be less culpable than a fan who has managed to get the smoke bomb, flare or firework into the football ground, in real terms the courts do not consider one offence to be more serious than the other. Fans searched prior to entering the football ground and found to be in possession of a firework, flare or smoke bomb, have still been given custodial sentences.
    What does 'attempting to enter' a football ground mean?
    The courts have decided that 'attempting to enter' means much more than a person who is searched at the turnstiles. Fans have been given a prison sentence for carrying a smoke bomb in their pocket when exiting the train station closest to the football ground, or when walking through the car park on the way to the football ground. A court is likely to decide that a fan who is in possession of a ticket and is close to the ground is ‘attempting to enter’

So Leeann is trying to ensure that our Club does everything possible to ensure that our supporters act in a law abiding way - what's not to agree with that? If she acted in any contrary manner she would be failing in her duty as our CEO.

I, for one, fully support her actions.

Quote Originally Posted by banchoryhibs View Post
    No they are not demonstrably fine. It's not a moral panic it's a question of fact and law.

It is on offence for a person to enter or attempt to enter a football ground while in possession of a flare, smoke bomb or firework. The sentence for these offences can be as much as three months in prison, and in many cases, fans who have no previous convictions are being given prison sentences for attempting to enter a football ground with a smoke bomb in their pocket as the courts take these offences very seriously.
    There are two different offences (1) possession in the football ground; and (2) possession while attempting to enter. Although logically, attempting to enter a football ground seems to be less culpable than a fan who has managed to get the smoke bomb, flare or firework into the football ground, in real terms the courts do not consider one offence to be more serious than the other. Fans searched prior to entering the football ground and found to be in possession of a firework, flare or smoke bomb, have still been given custodial sentences.
    The courts have decided that 'attempting to enter' means much more than a person who is searched at the turnstiles. Fans have been given a prison sentence for carrying a smoke bomb in their pocket when exiting the train station closest to the football ground, or when walking through the car park on the way to the football ground. A court is likely to decide that a fan who is in possession of a ticket and is close to the ground is ‘attempting to enter’

So Leeann is trying to ensure that our Club does everything possible to ensure that our supporters act in a law abiding way - what's not to agree with that? If she acted in any contrary manner she would be failing in her duty as our CEO.

But the person involved wasn't attempting to enter the ground with a flare or smokebomb?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Agreed. She has done wonders for the club both in a footballing and community sense. I can't say I agree with every decision she's made but accept she's "the boss" and makes them in good faith. It's a thankless task sometimes but I'm sure most of the negative comments will be water off a ducks back to her. Hopefully she's here for the long term.

Good post and seconded

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Why would setting a pyrotechnic / firework in public be met with an ER stadium ban? Have we started banning the general public who celebrate Guy Fawkes night? Bizarre.
    Ah but what if it was set off illegally as part of the unapproved corteo shennanigans some of the irresponsible and unaccountable organisers seem to condone.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    But the person involved wasn't attempting to enter the ground with a flare or smokebomb?

The question of what their intention was will be decided by the Court. Anything let off within a reasonable vicinity of a ground is covered by this Act.

The sooner that this is fully understood the sooner that people will stop getting themselves arrested, fined and banned for life from watching football.

Simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    ^^ Which part?

Police whinging about cuts but can have a dozen polis lined up searching buses for beer is a fact.

ER is a morgue outwith games versus Rangers or Hearts thats also a fact.

What hatred on here?

I'm not fussed either way about LD. She's done some good i'll accept that but let's not kid ourselves on she's some kind of messiah. She's probably one of the highest paid at ER! She's made a few balls up's along the way which you can't seem to mention on here without the Hibs.Net Board Fan Club kicking off.

Anyway...

-3 seasons in the championship
    -Allowed the Record to print utter pish after the Cup Final which went unchallenged
    -Gave the Record exclusive behind the scenes footage at EM after the above
    -Made a noel hunt of the loyalty points system
    -If you believe some press allowed our last manager to walk away with a full pay-off
    -Banned the singing section and other fans from trying a new singing section in the FF lower
    -The joint statement with Anne Budget after the Halloween massacre
    -Happy to out Hibs fans and ban them but rewarded the biggest bunch of ******** supporters in the country with an increased allocation despite them singing about fenians for 90 minutes
    She is no messiah. She is a decisive hard nosed business person and as much as i can tell she has played out every club issue brilliantly including the most recent ones of bottlegait and pitch boy. She knows when to speak up and when to be quiet. She is an expert at keeping us out of as much **** as possible.

In the eyes of the law today, 12 murders in Derry on Blood Sunday are unaccounted for.

Legality is not always the correct position.

"It's the law" is a crap argument for whether or not it's a moral panic.

It's currently against the law to be in possession of marijuana, in twenty-thirty years time, it will be looked back at as a moral panic, likewise.

Coaching Staff
    In the eyes of the law today, 12 murders in Derry on Blood Sunday are unaccounted for.

Legality is not always the correct position.

"It's the law" is a crap argument for whether or not it's a moral panic.

It's currently against the law to be in possession of marijuana, in twenty-thirty years time, it will be looked back at as a moral panic, likewise.
    Absolute nonsense.

The question of what their intention was will be decided by the Court. Anything let off within a reasonable vicinity of a ground is covered by this Act.

The sooner that this is fully understood the sooner that people will stop getting themselves arrested, fined and banned for life from watching football.

Simple really.
    If you light a flare outside a ground you quite clearly aren't attempting to enter he ground with it. Simple really.

Anyway I believe the person involved wasn't charged with any of the laws you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I've read some rubbish on here lately, but this is up there with best.
    Agree with this. I'm scratching my head at some of the posts on here. Opinions eh? LD continues to lead our club well and has also had to defend it well recently

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    I think that is one of the saddest posts I’ve ever read
    Is that because weegreenman got in first?

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    Not according to Leann
    That's not the person I was referring to, Leeann Dempster mentioned there was someone who was arrested after they attempted to get trackside after we scored and has subsequently had their season ticket suspended.

That's the person who I would doubt will be receiving a life ban, not the guy who confronted Tavernier.

Legality is not always the correct position. "It's the law" is a crap argument for whether or not it's a moral panic.
    I'll let you argue that in front of the Sheriff

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    Agree with this. I'm scratching my head at some of the posts on here. Opinions eh? LD continues to lead our club well and has also had to defend it well recently
    👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    I think that is one of the saddest posts I’ve ever read

Do I detect a touch of jealousy?

Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Leeann has been excellent for Hibs. I genuinely think she’s the best football chief exec in Scotland.
    👍This👍

There are just as many areseholes in the hibs support as any other team. disappointing but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    That's not the person I was referring to, Leeann Dempster mentioned there was someone who was arrested after they attempted to get trackside after we scored and has subsequently had their season ticket suspended.

That's the person who I would doubt will be receiving a life ban, not the guy who confronted Tavernier.
    Down the front of the east, literally jumped over into the area between both advertising boards and jumped back in, lynched by 4 policemen and dragged out. A pointless arrest to make a stand.