hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

When Burke got Kamberid

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/west-brom-hit-out-at-neil-lennon-over-celtic-s-treatment-of-oliver-burke-1-4953409

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/west-brom-hit-out-at-neil-lennon-over-celtic-s-treatment-of-oliver-burke-1-4953409
    Article is pretty hard hitting - whatever it was that happened it must have been a doozy......

Left by mutual consent!
    In all the other media too. Surprised the media are going against Lennon and Celtic here but it’s spot on.

Left by mutual consent!
    but lenny is a bOrN wInNeR

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    but lenny is a bOrN wInNeR
    He is. And clearly Burke and Kamberi aren't..

Or so some will have you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    In all the other media too. Surprised the media are going against Lennon and Celtic here but it’s spot on.
    What exactly happened?

Not surprised in the slightest. It's a very damning thing for another club to come out publicly like this, whatever happened must have been poor from Lennon. It seems he was also harsh on Timothy Weah also. I'm glad he's gone from our club, I think he was good for us for a period but imo it started to show signs of Terry Butcher damage coming its way. You can be a hard task master and take no prisoners but it catches up with you eventually and it was for the first half of last season.

Celtic fans best be careful because Rangers look like they've actually gotten a rocket up their back side with some of their business. I think the gap between the two will be significantly smaller than any other since Liquidation.

Can't get away with treating players like that any more. Gone are the days of young players cleaning boots and doing a graft. Heard many times from ex players that it actually toughened them up and good for them.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Can't get away with treating players like that any more. Gone are the days of young players cleaning boots and doing a graft. Heard many times from ex players that it actually toughened them up and good for them.
    It's difficult because the ones who it worked for probably stayed in the game and had semi decent careers (at least) but for every one of them there's another guy who works as a postie* or something who didn't make it because it wasn't an approach that worked with them and they're lost to the game.

* other non footballing job also apy to this example, nothing wrong with being a postie.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    It's difficult because the ones who it worked for probably stayed in the game and had semi decent careers (at least) but for every one of them there's another guy who works as a postie* or something who didn't make it because it wasn't an approach that worked with them and they're lost to the game.

* other non footballing job also apy to this example, nothing wrong with being a postie.
    For every player that says it worked for them there’s plenty that probably were mentally scarred from demands and bullying that went on in the older days. Not a surprise to see so many cases of the “Flawed Genius” in Scottish football with gifted players with drinking problems etc. It’s not a tactic that should be encouraged in any work place and football is the same.

Charlie Mulgrew spoke about Lennon quite openly and said that his demands are absolutely massive and when you’re winning and it’s all rosey he is great. However if you drop points he goes through you which for some folk could be hard to take.

He said at Celtic he probably got off with it because they had the quality to bounce back and win however thought it would be difficult to take if you played for hibs as you’re going to drop more points and Lennon would just keep going for you

Lennon is a dinosaur. I'll be surprised if he lasts long at Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Lennon is a dinosaur. I'll be surprised if he lasts long at Celtic.
    10 in a row to Celtic is like Brexit to the Tory Party. So I feel that as long as they think Lennon will deliver it the personal stuff/behaviour will be overlooked and he'll get their backing. But the minute it looks at risk he'll be dropped like a flash. Celtic being Celtic, they might get lucky but it'll be ugly.

If anybody has seen the Open Goal interview with Aiden McGeady it will come as no surprise Lennon gets involved in these spats. The way McGeady talks about how Lennon treated him as a 16 year old was an eye opener.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    10 in a row to Celtic is like Brexit to the Tory Party. So I feel that as long as they think Lennon will deliver it the personal stuff/behaviour will be overlooked and he'll get their backing. But the minute it looks at risk he'll be dropped like a flash. Celtic being Celtic, they might get lucky but it'll be ugly.
    Cannae wait!

Got my popcorn ready.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Honestly still very surprised they gave Lennon the job especially given what looked like a clear dropping off of performance at the end of the season including getting very lucky in the cup final.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    There's a vast difference between all young players doing menial tasks but being treated equally & young(ish) but 1st team players being singled out for hostile treatment. In any work environment that smacks of bullying, no pun intended! I'm sure NL's own well documented problems are a contributory factor here & I feel some sympathy but equally I'm glad he's no longer at ER. I honestly think the Celtc job may be his last as a manager.

@hibs.net private member
    You wonder what that 16 year old Dembele's parents will be thinking now.

Suggesting in the papers he will be in the squad this season and if I was his family I'd be wondering if this was the manager to develop him.

Maybe a touch harsh on Lennon but it seems to be younger players that he has issues with.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    You wonder what that 16 year old Dembele's parents will be thinking now.

Suggesting in the papers he will be in the squad this season and if I was his family I'd be wondering if this was the manager to develop him.

Maybe a touch harsh on Lennon but it seems to be younger players that he has issues with.
    Younger players are easier to bully. They don'y have the track record so can fall out the game more easily and are more likely not to give it back. Fairly classic bullying tactics to go after the smallest and weakest.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Younger players are easier to bully. They don'y have the track record so can fall out the game more easily and are more likely not to give it back. Fairly classic bullying tactics to go after the smallest and weakest.
    Alex Harris a perfect example.
    Last edited by J-C; 25-06-2019 at 09:15 AM.

In cases like this I think it's fair to assume there's no smoke without fire, it's a recurring theme for Neil Lennon.

Makes me glad he's no longer at our club. An approachable man-manager turned us around and won the Scottish Cup, there's no need for a militant approach.

Theres no smoke without fire and these stories just keep following Lennon around. We had a good spell under him our 1st season back up and will always be thankful for that. But the wheels came off at Tiny at the end if that season when he lost the plot and he should have gone then...I felt at the time he disrespected our great club that night and there would be no way back from it.
    Ultimately that proved the case and it was a long 9 months till he finally left last Jan.

Septics problem now and they're welcome to him IMO

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Theres no smoke without fire and these stories just keep following Lennon around. We had a good spell under him our 1st season back up and will always be thankful for that. But the wheels came off at Tiny at the end if that season when he lost the plot and he should have gone then...I felt at the time he disrespected our great club that night and there would be no way back from it.
    Ultimately that proved the case and it was a long 9 months till he finally left last Jan.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post

Sums it up perfectly for me, glad he's nowhere near the Hibees.

Have his pals Sutton and Hartson been in the media yet defending him ?

I think we need to be careful we are not rewriting history now. In my view, for the majority of Lennon's time here, I think we saw quite a few players' performances improve and it seemed he instilled a greater degree of confidence and self belief in players and it did seem a happy and united team, which provided great entertainment.
    Of course latterly that didn't seem to be so evident, so his approach was then correctly questioned.
    However, I think his time with us should be remembered positively, save for the last couple of months where, for whatever reason, things seem to spin beyond his control. Those last few months now seem to be how he will be remembered with us, which is a shame for us and him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs4life View Post
    I think we need to be careful we are not rewriting history now. In my view, for the majority of Lennon's time here, I think we saw quite a few players' performances improve and it seemed he instilled a greater degree of confidence and self belief in players and it did seem a happy and united team, which provided great entertainment.
    Of course latterly that didn't seem to be so evident, so his approach was then correctly questioned.
    However, I think his time with us should be remembered positively, save for the last couple of months where, for whatever reason, things seem to spin beyond his control. Those last few months now seem to be how he will be remembered with us, which is a shame for us and him.

Glad he's away now but I have to agree with your review.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    With a team mainly inherited from Stubbs, he got us promoted and with Dylan, SJM and Scott Allan in midfield, we looked a good team under his stewardship. But he lost Dylan (who we are told didn't want to play for him) SJM and Allan and the players he replaced them with were not good enough. He then blamed everyone but himself and lost the dressing room. He is an accident waiting to happen wherever he goes.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    We’re well rid. Still astonished that Celtic took him on permanently.

A year ago lennon put the best hibs team together since the tornadoes everyone on here was ranting and raving about the new season on the horizon and europa league which I may add was a successful campaign for us.

I can't understand this lennon seeth some of us have, yes he chucked it a little and his attitude was wrong at times but I feel the new modern players is a little bit a snowflake. I never played at a high level above 17 year old. Highest level I would say was East of Scotland i played. We got absolutely hounded as youngesters and it gave me that bit between my teeth " ill ****ing show you then" was my attitude. If you can't handle the criticism don't sign for a high profile club and and don't get into a job where you are scrutinised for every move you make.

Perfect example was Steven Gerrard under GH early in his career and you hear him talk about rafa as well the uncertainty they gave him and " bullying" some people call it.

Its no reason only the mentality strong are succesful

Baffling team selections formations and tactics

Not speaking to the Media

Allowing young Porteous to play on despite having to reset his own dislocated knee three times

Calling out Flo ( maybe rightly so )

A shocking 15 game run

Threatening to leave

No plan B

You just got the vibe he didnae want to be here

All of the above well documented on these threads

In Hecky we trust!