hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Nations

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    that's a ridiculous knock-on by kinghorn, no excuse

2. Log in to remove the advert

the handling has been awful. it's piss poor coaching. we've lost this game because of fundamentals. it's inexcusable.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

13-22 ireland after 68 mins, and that will be that

how many ******* penalties have we given away whilst attacking

Architects of our own downfall

mistake after mistake after mistake

Too many mistakes, that's the difference

wtf is maitland doing passing forward ffs

need to go back quite a few games for a scottish performance like this, ireland really didn't have to work too hard for the win, no team has to when your opposition makes **** up after **** up
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 09-02-2019 at 04:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Basic errors cost us and the fact that we seem to panic when we get to 5/6/7 phases. Ireland manage the game well and often get to 15)20 phases even when not making ground. I thought the referee was poor when managing the breakdown and gave most of the decisions irelands way and allowed them to kill any quick ball for us in their 22. He allowed O'Mahony and best to kill ball twice each and no yellow cam, it's exactly what yellow cards were bright in for. I thiught he was poor at the scrums as well and kept penalising Berghan when he was clearly winning his battle in the front row. And how none of the match officials or the TMO thought Scotland should have had a penalty when High got hurt is astonishing.

easy win for the english today, triple crown and grand slam is on the cards for them

How bad are France though.

England Wales is a massive game now. If England beat us in Cardiff then it will be a grand slam.

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How bad are France though.

England Wales is a massive game now. If England beat us in Cardiff then it will be a grand slam.
    L'Équipe is not impressed. The headline on its website is 'Fesses' (erseholes)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    easy win for the english today, triple crown and grand slam is on the cards for them
    Big game next. Wales at home are different gravy.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    We were appalling on Saturday against a pretty mediocre Irish side. Having said that, they were professional and got the job done well, but my goodness did we help them.

The handling errors were too many to count, the missed tackles through the middle and the complete lack of any creativity to get through them were infuriating at times. The referee rightly took some criticism after the game (their first try should have been hauled back for either the foul on Hogg or the crossover in the build-up to the try) but he definitely didn't cost us the game.

Townsend will need to completely reset them for what will be an arduous game away to France. They looked dreadful too yesterday, but France in Paris will be a tough, tough ask for us if we play how we played on Saturday. It's amazing how one bad performance can completely erode the confidence when it comes to Scotland. I now see us failing to win another game in the remainder of the Six Nations, whereas last week I was of the opinion it would come down to the game at Twickenham!

Maitland, Seymour and Jones were horrendous, and Maitland absolutely did not merit his call-up over Kinghorn (who I thought looked sharp when he came on to replace Hogg). I'd love to see Townsend give Darcy Graham a shot - he's been superb for Edinburgh this year and hasn't even made the replacements in the opening 2 games!

Kinghorn looked excellent when he came on. I wasn't sure we (Wales) would be able to win at murrayfield but I'm more confident now especially if you lose away in Paris. Scotland are pretty poor away from home but equally France are horrendous right now so that will be a really close game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Big game next. Wales at home are different gravy.

Ireland at home are a different gravy as well, look how that one turned out, believe me i do enjoy a welsh victory over england(heck i enjoy any teams victories over england tbf ) i still think they will win in cardiff, their remaining two fixtures are gimmies

anyway, i see Hum Jones is now almost certainly out for the remainder, joining Stuart Hogg who is most likely out as well

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Ireland at home are a different gravy as well, look how that one turned out, believe me i do enjoy a welsh victory over england(heck i enjoy any teams victories over england tbf ) i still think they will win in cardiff, their remaining two fixtures are gimmie

anyway, i see Hum Jones is now almost certainly out for the remainder, joining Stuart Hogg who is most likely out as well
    I was surprised that Jones was selected in the first instance. His form has been "patchy" to say the least and he's struggled to find a regular place with the Warriors.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ireland at home are a different gravy as well, look how that one turned out, believe me i do enjoy a welsh victory over england(heck i enjoy any teams victories over england tbf ) i still think they will win in cardiff, their remaining two fixtures are gimmies

Wales for the grand slam as said from day one

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Finn Russell now a doubt after going off injured at the interval tonight for Racing.

Absolute unbelievable injury list! Everyone seems to be dropping like flies! Pretty much damaged any chance we had of mounting a good, serious challenge for the 6N title. Just hope now our injured players are back and fully fit for the World Cup that starts in September. Obviously I don’t think we are going to win it but at least have a good campaign.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Finn Russell now a doubt after going off injured at the interval tonight for Racing.

Absolute unbelievable injury list! Everyone seems to be dropping like flies! Pretty much damaged any chance we had of mounting a good, serious challenge for the 6N title. Just hope now our injured players are back and fully fit for the World Cup that starts in September. Obviously I don’t think we are going to win it but at least have a good campaign.
    Feels the same every season - we must be either unlucky or not strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I was surprised that Jones was selected in the first instance. His form has been "patchy" to say the least and he's struggled to find a regular place with the Warriors.
    i can't really comment on Huw as i've not watched a glasgow game on TV for about two years now, i'l take your word for it :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Wales for the grand slam as said from day one

look, that's simply not going to happen, trust me but good luck against england though :)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Finn confirmed as missing the France game with concussion.

Ah well, another year down. Genuinely beginning to wonder if Scotland winning the Six Nations will become like Hibs winning the cup. Just MAYBE in my lifetime...

One positive in all the injuries is the return of Magnus Bradbury who apparently played a stormer last Friday and is straight into the squad. A great, mobile ball carrier full of confidence.

stuart hogg in the studio, hope he mentions our fine win in dundee last night

20 years our last win in paris....i predict by the time this fixture comes around again in paris we will be talking about it being 22 years

our U20's got skelped last night

France 42 Scotland 27
    Wales 11 England 10
    Italy 14 Ireland 34

surprised it took a full 12 mins before they get their first try, converted

7-0

followed by a turnover in front of our own goal 10-0

penalty scotland in front of goals, i know we should normally take the 3 points but imo we need more for the few times that we will be near their try line, then laidlaw misses the kick, so we come away with **** all
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 23-02-2019 at 02:42 PM.

omfg we now **** it up right in front of their goal, strauss not doing the simplicities

it's basic fundamentals that we are so bad at. for me that's a coaching issue.

wow that was a very poor penalty miss by the french gadgy

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    it's basic fundamentals that we are so bad at. for me that's a coaching issue.

It's also a money and facilities and talent issue.
    In huge swathes of Southern France rugby is the #1 sport. Great public facilities everywhere. And Scotland have a tiny pool of players.

not surprised with our performance/usual errors but only 10-3 at HT and we're still somehow in it :)

try for france in the 1st min of the 2nd half, so p@@s easy

15-3