hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough .Louise.'s Avatar
    My ticket scanned no problem, nephew was next, it appeared like his ticket scanned as the display showed GO but turnstyle wouldn’t move then it looked like the software crashed. He had to go out and in the open door to the side where guy there was trying to send him to the TO. Finally got him in after other steward came over and said to let him in.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didnae ken that Keith. Which stand?

I’ll follow that up.

In the East Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    In the West,where the turnstiles are in twos ,every second one was closed.Going for a drink just before half time half the hot water taps wouldn’t produce any water.Since the close season the complacency throughout the club has been mind boggling and is going to be punished next year when season tickets go on sale.
    Every second turnstile at the East Stand closed too.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Only one turnstile open at the FF Upper East side. The stewards ended up telling folk to go through the disabled entrance in the FF Lower as it was taking too long.

Turned up to FFL at about half past.

Went in through either 25 or 26. Software had crashed and me and the boys were manually scanned through.

Pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Turned up to FFL at about half past.

Went in through either 25 or 26. Software had crashed and me and the boys were manually scanned through.

Pointless.
    I said the same to my son, what is the point of scanning automatically if someone has to use a hand held scanner...pointless!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    I said the same to my son, what is the point of scanning automatically if someone has to use a hand held scanner...pointless!
    The hand held scanners are the back up and shouldn't be required if the club can get the scanners working the way they should.

What I don't understand is not having all turnstiles opened and opened early. That's the easy bit and I don't see any reason not to at least do that.

Our tickets scanned fine today and we turned up at 2.50pm. Only issue I had was my 8 year old had his small bottle of costco water taken out his bag by one of the security only for the contents to be poured into a plastic cup?? It was 23c and what's the point of pouring it in a large plastic cup?

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Still not good enough. It’s now nearly September and the next home game is a powder keg v Hearts. 50% of turnstiles today in the east. weren’t open as the club couldn’t trust the automatic entry system. That’s 8-9 weeks to get it right and it appears that it cannot be trusted so the club have reverted to having stewards using hand held scanners.

Someone within Hibs is responsible for the relationship with Ticketmaster and the general Operations. Like the first team coach they seem unqualified and this questions the ability of the persons employing them

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Our tickets scanned fine today and we turned up at 2.50pm. Only issue I had was my 8 year old had his small bottle of costco water taken out his bag by one of the security only for the contents to be poured into a plastic cup?? It was 23c and what's the point of pouring it in a large plastic cup?
    You're not allowed to take in bottles that's why. What's the problem with them pouring it into a cup? Sounds like they were being quite helpful.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Poor

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    The hand held scanners are the back up and shouldn't be required if the club can get the scanners working the way they should.

What I don't understand is not having all turnstiles opened and opened early. That's the easy bit and I don't see any reason not to at least do that.
    Bizarrely - I dont think they can open the turnstiles unless they have someone to scan tickets at them because the scanners are so obviously not working - a completely pointless exercise this 'upgrade'.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    In the West,where the turnstiles are in twos ,every second one was closed.Going for a drink just before half time half the hot water taps wouldn’t produce any water.Since the close season the complacency throughout the club has been mind boggling and is going to be punished next year when season tickets go on sale.
    There seems to be a general malaise about the place both on and off the pitch which is difficult to understand.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    There seems to be a general malaise about the place both on and off the pitch which is difficult to understand.
    Would it be your own business Hutchy?

Serious question

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    They didn’t even have ball boys/ girls on the East Stand first half, the cutbacks have no limits!

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Would it be your own business Hutchy?

Serious question
    I would like to think not. I'm beginning to wonder what our new owner's motivation is/was for investing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    They didn’t even have ball boys/ girls on the East Stand first half, the cutbacks have no limits!
    Very noticeable when St Johnstone had a free kick near the corner flag. The ball had been booted up to halfway and there were no ball boys to retrieve it, which suited St Johnstone's game plan of slowing everything down.

That cost them in the end as there was only one team likely to get a winner if there had been another five minutes.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Plastic bottles have been prohibited in Scottish football grounds for years. I thought everyone knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Where we're they? Being played out of position at the West Stand?

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Everything about the club is a total shambles just now.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    Everything about the club is a total shambles just now.

it is indeed

Quote Originally Posted by .Louise. View Post
    My ticket scanned no problem, nephew was next, it appeared like his ticket scanned as the display showed GO but turnstyle wouldn’t move then it looked like the software crashed. He had to go out and in the open door to the side where guy there was trying to send him to the TO. Finally got him in after other steward came over and said to let him in.

Thats pretty concerning, when an adult and a Child (your nephew isn’t necessarily a child of course) can be separated, and often a large crowd of people around them on either side of the turnstile

@hibs.net private member
    I arrived about 2.40 and there was a largish queue at the West Upper Dunbar End. There are 4 Turnstiles and all looked like they were broken as entry was through the opening where the turnstile operator used to sit with a steward hand scanning tickets. I'll make a point of being very early for the next game

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    What was wrong with the turnstiles last season?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Nothing I can remember. I think the change was to enable more digital tickets. That was working before the update albeit unofficially. (you could scan the barcode stored on a mobile.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Where we're they? Being played out of position at the West Stand?
    🤭

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Looks like we’ve changed from bar codes to QR codes (a square with wee black shapes) . Ironically enough, QR stands for Quick Response!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    hand scanner guy : it just won't scan mate
    me: look i just reprinted it this morning so it should be fine
    hand scanner girl: the barcodes are gone now it's QR codes instead
    me: but i just resent it from the ticket line so i could print it out, it's the clubs fault
    hand scanner girl : takes ticket away to check with a supervisor, comes back and explains that ticket was for the st.mirren game
    me: after muchos apologising and a red coupon oh look, there's a QR code on my phone as well
    hand scanner girl, hand scanner guy and myself have a little chortle at my stupidity

message to all print at homers....it's the QR code from now on :)

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^^Brilliant!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    hand scanner guy : it just won't scan mate
    me: look i just reprinted it this morning so it should be fine
    hand scanner girl: the barcodes are gone now it's QR codes instead
    me: but i just resent it from the ticket line so i could print it out, it's the clubs fault
    hand scanner girl : takes ticket away to check with a supervisor, comes back and explains that ticket was for the st.mirren game
    me: after muchos apologising and a red coupon oh look, there's a QR code on my phone as well
    hand scanner girl, hand scanner guy and myself have a little chortle at my stupidity

message to all print at homers....it's the QR code from now on :)
    Qualty D 😆👍