hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So all your interested in is how much we could sell him for? The guy Nisbet at Fund is only a few goals behind Shankland but I don't see everyone pissing their pants cos we never signed him. And Dobbie is not a silly comparison, we are talking about championship strikers who have scored goals in that league
    I don't get this argument, does Shankland have to be the only player scoring goals in that division before it's a good signing?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I don't get this argument, does Shankland have to be the only player scoring goals in that division before it's a good signing?
    No but he is the only one people are talking about. I have seen him a few times on TV, one game he was decent, scored a hayrick against Ayr and the other three he was absolutely rank.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    The grass is always greener ...

FACT.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It’s not so much Doidge as the recruitment process at Hibs. I actually think Doidge has done ok. I also think we should have signed Shankland and was amazed that Dundee Utd got him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you actually know what chat was had between PH and the recruitment team around Shankland last summer? As has been mentioned before, the manager/head coach decides if things should be taken forward further. How much do you know about how the team works at EM. You are always having digs - and most of it way off the mark and unjustified imo.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Do you actually know what chat was had between PH and the recruitment team around Shankland last summer? As has been mentioned before, the manager/head coach decides if things should be taken forward further. How much do you know about how the team works at EM. You are always having digs - and most of it way off the mark and unjustified imo.
    Does it work? That’s the point I’m making. Maybe it’s Heckingbottoms fault we never signed him and if it is then that’s fine as he is gone now.

Until Shankland does it in the top flight then Doidge

Quote Originally Posted by Tully View Post
    Watched shankland a few times when hibs played who ever he was playing with in the championship never once impressed me, never done it at a higher level bit like Cummings
    He’s a far, far better footballer than Cummings.

At the moment Doidge is better. He is playing at a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    No but he is the only one people are talking about. I have seen him a few times on TV, one game he was decent, scored a hayrick against Ayr and the other three he was absolutely rank.
    He's the only one people are talking about because he's been doing it consistently for the last three years and shows no sign of stopping.

Nesbet has started really well but this is his first jump up to the championship, if he finishes this season like he's started then I have no doubt that he also will be spoken about in a similar way to Shankland, in fact some folk have started to mention him as a hidden gem already.

Dobbie probably should have been playing bottom 6 Premiership when he first went to QOS but went purely for convenience (I believe he still lives in England?). So no one is talking about signing him because it's obvious it's too late and not feasible.

Next Sunday will give a good indication.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I can’t remember any threads on Billy Mackay on here during the summer? Nobody thought he was worth going for but plenty thought Shankland was. Maybe you could list loads of other championship player that nobody was interested in to not make your point.

My point was clearly ridiculous and attention seeking. I thought that's how you wanted the thread to go?

In hindsight?
    He was absolutely banging in the goals last season and was available on a free. There were threads on here saying we should be going for him and he was getting a lot of media attention. It was as easy a transfer target for the likes of us, Aberdeen or Hearts as I’ve seen in a long time. Especially as we were in the market for a striker anyway and have only got three signed and one of them doesn’t get a game. And you think Shankland was obvious only in hindsight?
    It was an embarrassment for our recruitment team to have missed out and it will have cost us money.

At the end of last season, would you have made Shankland Hibs top paid player?

Doidge is growing on me. I doubt PH was ever interested in Shankland.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    At the end of last season, would you have made Shankland Hibs top paid player?
    I haven’t seen any evidence that Shankland would have been our best paid player just speculation on here. If Dundee Utd can afford him then we could have. At the end of last season I did say on here that we should sign him and I wasn’t the only one.

I haven’t seen any evidence that Shankland would have been our best paid player just speculation on here. If Dundee Utd can afford him then we could have. At the end of last season I did say on here that we should sign him and I wasn’t the only one.

Right, il rephrase it then.....we are in talks to sign him.....he wants more wages than anyone else at the club, would you have signed him? Its a simple question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    Right, il rephrase it then.....we are in talks to sign him.....he wants more wages than anyone else at the club, would you have signed him? Its a simple question.
    You might as well have added in other conditions like he wanted his own private dressing room and a chauffeur driven Bentley to pick him up every morning.

You might as well have added in other conditions like he wanted his own private dressing room and a chauffeur driven Bentley to pick him up every morning.

Hahaha ay no bother......i take that as a no then.

On a brighter note there is a thread on kickback about him as well and they are not even bothering to compare him to any of their strikers. Given their lack of goals it’s an even bigger mistake from them.

@hibs.net private member
    Not seen enough of Shankland to know how much better he is than Doidge but for me Doidge has been a mistake. Still time for him to turn it round but watching a striker being outpaced by Berra is something I don't want to see from a Hibs player. He scored a few so not a disaster but I think the model of buying young players who perhaps had been out of favour of had some issues was a good move. Fyvie, Allen and Mallan have all been good signings and all had the potential of making us some money. Can't see us turning a profit on Doidge.

I believe Shankland is on £3,500 a week at Dundee Utd. So we unquestionably would have had to make him our highest paid player to bring him here.

Anyway, any idiot knows that certain players fit with certain teams and certain systems. There's no guarantee Shankland would have been banging in the hattricks for us, just because he's doing it for Dundee Utd in the championship

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Shankland has a massive forehead and for that reason I’m glad we signed Doidge. We don’t need that sort of thing at Easter Road.

United we stand here....

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Why do folk want shankland but Cummings should never be seen in a Hibs too again? Both scored at the same level

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Shankland has a massive forehead and for that reason I’m glad we signed Doidge. We don’t need that sort of thing at Easter Road.
    Shankland also fills his supermarket trolley with merlot.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I believe Shankland is on £3,500 a week at Dundee Utd. So we unquestionably would have had to make him our highest paid player to bring him here.

Anyway, any idiot knows that certain players fit with certain teams and certain systems. There's no guarantee Shankland would have been banging in the hattricks for us, just because he's doing it for Dundee Utd in the championship
    You know what Hibs highest paid player is on ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    You know what Hibs highest paid player is on ?
    I think it's slightly less than that.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Shankland also fills his supermarket trolley with merlot.
    Ffs we’ve dodged a bullet with him. I believe he’s had his teeth whitened as well.

United we stand here....

We paid more than that in the championship for some players.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I thought it was a lot more. I was amazed when I was told what we were paying Bournemouth for Hyndman’s loan.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I thought it was a lot more. I was amazed when I was told what we were paying Bournemouth for Hyndman’s loan.
    Its all hearsay of course, I've never seen an actual bank statement

You think no one at Hibs is on 3.5k ?

I don’t know personally but I’d be surprised at that.