hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

A View From The Terrace

Expert trolling from Gollum. But that’s the last straw from me for that programme with that t-shirt. About to embark on a live tour (and prob earning decent cash out it). Boys a weirdo.

https://twitter.com/theterracetv/sta...KwtNDAMOr6o-PQ

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Expert trolling from Gollum. But that’s the last straw from me for that programme with that t-shirt. About to embark on a live tour (and prob earning decent cash out it). Boys a weirdo.

He’s a hearts fan. And if there was a Hibs fan on there doing similar we’d be lapping it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And he's loving that you've been triggered.

It's banter ffs.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    That's him done his job, well done mate.

@hibs.net private member
    Who would go to see them live. Some say patter is poor but some good non old firm segments. On stage must be torture

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    I saw that tweet earlier. Didn’t even notice the t shirt.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    The photo is a still from the last show of the series which was broadcast the night before the semi final.

The guy's a jambo, a jambo who hates Hibs is part of his TV character. A lot of the time the joke's at his expense. I wouldn't get too hung up about it.

Terrible programme

None of them are funny,

Aka

Hearts tv

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Who would go to see them live. Some say patter is poor but some good non old firm segments. On stage must be torture
    I would have gone if we had won the semi, but no chance I'm going the night before hearts are in a scottish cup final.

Also, don't think they're doing a tour, just one night.

tour?

Its one night in Glasgow tomorrow night. In a smallish venue?

Its a football fans programme, it’s Pa ****** Kujabi…it’s no different to the Porteous Do We Look Happy? Tee shirts that had a shelf life of a month, unfortunately.

Dinnae go singing the Andy Halliday song ever, now…

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Terrible programme

None of them are funny,

Aka

Hearts tv
    The main presenter's a Stenny fan. The others have been different combinations of Hearts, Raith Rovers, Motherwell and even Hibs fans this season. They have features on all sorts of clubs from the SPFL, EoS, WoS, Highland League, Lowland League and the SWFL. They take the piss out of most teams, including Hearts. They give credit to all clubs when they do something good.

You might not like the programme, that's fair enough. I've found it getting a bit repetitive recently. But it's certainly not Hearts tv.

Hearts fans wears Hearts T shirt.

What is the world coming to? I'm shocked and appalled.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Terrible programme. Not funny in the slightest. And it certainly is Hearts tv.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Don’t forget offended haha ❄️

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Don’t forget offended haha ❄️
    Sickening. Shouldn't be allowed. Hearts tv.

https://twitter.com/TheTerraceTV/sta...WLqsPM0GQ&s=19

First Team Breakthrough The Veteran's Avatar

How, exactly, is he a ‘boy’?

First Team Breakthrough
    He is an ugly git as well, nothing going for him

Hibs fans are becoming right wee moaners.

So just don’t watch it. It’s very odd to constantly complain about a programme you don’t like. May as well have an anti eastenders thread. If you think it’s pish don’t watch. One of the guys covered this very well on a longbangers podcast. If you just want to hear about hibs just listen to those podcasts.

I stuck on the first episode of the latest series, lasted two minutes until one of them said a terrible joke then “dabbed” and it got turned off, their patter is chronic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside;[URL="tel:6968076"
    6968076[/URL]]So just don’t watch it. It’s very odd to constantly complain about a programme you don’t like. May as well have an anti eastenders thread. If you think it’s pish don’t watch. One of the guys covered this very well on a longbangers podcast. If you just want to hear about hibs just listen to those podcasts.
    people see in it what they want to see, this is becoming tedious subject cropping up every couple of months when the shows on. As you say , just don’t watch it if you don’t like it

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Is there anywhere you can watch the previous episodes went onto BBC site and seemed none of them were available which seemed odd to be honest? Watched the one with Jack Ross and enjoyed it
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 20-05-2022 at 08:18 AM.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    I find the show very enjoyable. Lovely coverage of the lower leagues and the lack of Rangers and Celtic coverage is welcoming.

Yes, there does need to be a mix up on the presenters as there is too much Hertz bias but in the main, it’s just banter.

Again, if you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Some of their short documentaries are fantastic, and it was the 19th of May yesterday...it's just a bit of banter. Anyone saying it's Hearts TV obviously hasn't bothered to watch more than one episode.

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    people see in it what they want to see, this is becoming tedious subject cropping up every couple of months when the shows on. As you say , just don’t watch it if you don’t like it

“Expert Trolling” I know fine we’ll what he’s upto and I get it and can handle it. But, its public broadcasting. Obviously funded by the license payer. There’s no way for example they/he would get away with a constant anti Rangers / Celtic narrative. We have all talked about this regarding sportsound and pretty much agreed it’s happening. So it shouldn’t go unchecked.

The reaction to A View From The Terrace from some quarters highlights the conundrum faced by anyone trying to cover Scottish football.

It's regularly stated that we want and need something different from the Glasgow heavy coverage afforded to us by Sportsound, Sportscene and the traditional written press. For years Off The Ball offered something a bit more irreverent and light hearted and in recent years A View From The Terrace has come along. 'Oh I want different but not that kind of different'........ It always seems to me that what a lot of people really want is something that is totally sycophantic towards their own club and anything other than that is never going to cut it.

I can take or leave A View From The Terrace. I think the studio scenes are a bit bloated with too many cooks and some of the banter is forced and a bit cringe. The segments about the lower leagues or other stories of interest in Scottish football are generally superb though. It helps that the people involved in them are hugely knowledgeable about the game here at all levels and more than that they are passionate about it. I'm thick skinned enough that a couple of Hearts fans having a dig or 2 at Hibs really doesn't spoil that for me. There's plenty other clubs, Hearts included, who have been the target as well. Having watched a fair few episodes I'd say calling it 'Hearts TV' is miles wide off the mark irrespective of who some of the presenters are.

It's really not something that needs to be taken all that seriously, in fact I'm certain it's aim is not to be taken seriously. If a Hearts fan wearing T shirt referencing a derby win in a cup final or having a wee pop at us for having a crap season bothers you then it suggests the show isn't for you anyway.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    “Expert Trolling” I know fine we’ll what he’s upto and I get it and can handle it. But, its public broadcasting. Obviously funded by the license payer. There’s no way for example they/he would get away with a constant anti Rangers / Celtic narrative. We have all talked about this regarding sportsound and pretty much agreed it’s happening. So it shouldn’t go unchecked.
    While I don’t agree that there is a constant anti Hibs narrative, I think the fact that a lot of Hibs fans can laugh off the wee digs shows us up well. Football is a sport, it’s entertainment, yes supporting your team is tribal, but do you really want to be getting angry when somebody on an entertainment show has a joke at the expense of your team? The Rangers/Celtic animosity is horrible, and I’m glad that there isn’t the same feeling between us and Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    While I don’t agree that there is a constant anti Hibs narrative, I think the fact that a lot of Hibs fans can laugh off the wee digs shows us up well. Football is a sport, it’s entertainment, yes supporting your team is tribal, but do you really want to be getting angry when somebody on an entertainment show has a joke at the expense of your team? The Rangers/Celtic animosity is horrible, and I’m glad that there isn’t the same feeling between us and Hearts.
    Sure, what i would like is to have someone in our camp fighting our corner on national broadcasting.

Our fan base i think is pretty much on a downer at the mo, we need all the positive help we can get.

We cant even agree to slag Jambo tw@ts

Are you saying there's a constant anti hibs narrative ?
    Last edited by The dalmeny; 20-05-2022 at 08:12 AM.