hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Transfer thread - hibs chat only

Thread for hibs transfer chat only. Please click on this thread knowing you will only read hibs transfer chat, rumours and news. This one may be smaller but it will be relevant. All EPL and other team transfer news can be found on on the other thread.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I would not be surprised if there is no movement from us now until the end of the window to see who may become available. I think we can wait TBH

Will be a right boring thread this.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thread for hibs transfer chat only. Please click on this thread knowing you will only read hibs transfer chat, rumours and news. This one may be smaller but it will be relevant. All EPL and other team transfer news can be found on on the other thread.
    I hear Liverpool and Spurs are in for... No, only joking - thanks for doing this, although it does feel a bit like defeat...

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Probably.
    At least it shouldn't be nauseating.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    I don’t think it will even be on the first page in 3 days 😂

I would not be surprised if there is no movement from us now until the end of the window to see who may become available. I think we can wait TBH
    Well done doing this
    I always thought the transfer thread was about Hibs but sometimes you feel like your on a different forum.
    So... any Hibs transfer rumours anyone?

😂

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    😂
    Less boring than the irrelevant jambos though eh?

They are the pits.

When does the transfer window close ?

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Midnight on 5 October.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    It doesn’t close.

It slams shut.

Well done KTF. Don't know why posters will think this thread will become boring; quite the opposite as it will only be about Hibs.

I have to admit, I'm out of touch with the latest w.r.t. Hibs transfer talk.

Can anyone summarise what's the latest coming out of Easter Road? Think I read something about more will have to leave before others come in.

Also, anyone got ideas of which areas we are looking to strengthen? I think it should be central midfield, but I've read comments on here about needing a central defender and a striker.

@hibs.net private member
    What are all the ins and outs so far?

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    What are all the ins and outs so far?
    In: Jamie Murphy, forward (Rangers, loan then free); Drey Wright, midfielder (St Johnstone); Alex Gogic, defender (Hamilton Academical); Kevin Nisbet, forward (Dunfermline Athletic, undisclosed); Stephen McGinn, midfielder (unattached).

Loan in: Dillon Barnes, goalkeeper (Queens Park Rangers).

Out: Darryl Horgan, midfielder (Wycombe, undisclosed); Florian Kamberi, forward (St Gallen, undisclosed); Adam Bogdan, goalkeeper (Ferencvaros); Steven Whittaker, defender (Dunfermline Athletic); Adam Jackson, defender (Lincoln City, undisclosed); Kosovar Sadiki, defender (Finn Harps); Vykintas Slivka, midfielder (Apollon Smyrnis); Jack Hodge, midfielder; Matthew Yates, forward.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    At least it will be on point.

@hibs.net private member
    Returned loans: McNulty, Omeonga, Naismith, Docherty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    It doesn’t close.

It slams shut.
    You’ve been watching Jim white with his yellow tie too much 😂

Already my favourite thread

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    Probably.
    At least it shouldn't be nauseating.
    Depends who we sign

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    In: Jamie Murphy, forward (Rangers, loan then free); Drey Wright, midfielder (St Johnstone); Alex Gogic, defender (Hamilton Academical); Kevin Nisbet, forward (Dunfermline Athletic, undisclosed); Stephen McGinn, midfielder (unattached).

Out: Darryl Horgan, midfielder (Wycombe, undisclosed); Florian Kamberi, forward (St Gallen, undisclosed); Adam Bogdan, goalkeeper (Ferencvaros); Steven Whittaker, defender (Dunfermline Athletic); Adam Jackson, defender (Lincoln City, undisclosed); Kosovar Sadiki, defender (Finn Harps); Vykintas Slivka, midfielder (Apollon Smyrnis); Jack Hodge, midfielder; Matthew Yates, forward.
    Innes Murray to Alloa on loan
    Josh Campbell to Edin city on loan
    Tommy Block to Woking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going by previous years were we had a number of loans i suspect thats the way we will go for any other signings.Personally i like players signed full stop but that is the way many clubs operate now.

Thanks for setting this up OP. The other one has been ruined by constant posts about who english teams are signing. If I wanted to read that I'd visit their forums!

I think we'll still be looking for a replacement for Jackson, another physical, combative centre mid type and maybe another attacking mid or wide player if Allan is out a while and seeing as we lost Horgan.

Ross Stewart from Ross County would be a great signing but their owner seems to be holding out for a big fee for him.

I still think we'll see Jason Naismith come back on loan when english sides finalise their squads and I wouldn't mind us trying to get wee Kyle Magennis from St Mirren.

We were linked with a Spanish centre mid from Oxford I think but that seems to have gone cold.
    Last edited by Big_Franck; 19-09-2020 at 08:09 AM.

@hibs.net private member

Thanks for the update. Others as well.

Much more movement than I realised.

What is boring is the names of our signings. C'mon Hibs, it's about time we signed someone with an exotic name.
    Sorry Alex but someone whose name sounds like the symptom of a persistently sweaty body part doesn't count as exotic.
    Of course we could add our own suffix to exoticise new signings - Murphinho, Wrighto, Nisbetti, McGinnio, Barnza.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Thanks for the update. Others as well.

Much more movement than I realised.
    Hodge and Yates (think he was only a 2 month signing pre covid) are kids, so I don’t think we can add them to the list as 1st team outs, and Sadiki was never a 1st team squad player

Looks like we've signed a young boy from Hamilton for our youth team. Billy Whizz you want to give us the run down on him?

First Team Regular
    Its pretty shameful that Hibs transfer chat has had to move from the main transfer thread on the biggest hibs fans message board because some folk wont stop talking about English fitba.

There are literally thousands of places to listen, read and talk about English fitba. There are very few to do the same about Hibs.

Is it too much to ask that the main board is kept to discussing Hibs and Hibs related subjects?

That this question even needs to be asked is a bit of an embarrassment to be honest.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Looks like we've signed a young boy from Hamilton for our youth team. Billy Whizz you want to give us the run down on him?
    News to me, who is it
    You do realise I don’t get to see them at the moment😄

Is it possible to pin this at the top of this thread? Also Josh Campbell has signed for Edinburgh City on a season long loan.
    Last edited by RoxburghHibs; 19-09-2020 at 08:34 AM.